Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Why Atiku Lost The Presidential Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Atiku Lost The Presidential Election (1200 Views)

I Will Tell You The Moment Atiku Lost My Vote. / Why Is Mike Ozekhome Laughing Even After Atiku Lost At Supreme Court? / BREAKING: Contrary To Earlier Report That Atiku Lost His Polling Unit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Atiku Lost The Presidential Election by Afam4eva(m): 6:47pm On Feb 26, 2019
Based on the state results announced so far, it is evident that Buhari will be returned as Nigeria's president. He is currently leading Atiku with about 3.5 million votes. So, i tink it might be over for Atiku.

Now to the reason why Atiku lost. I'm not going to start telling you how he lost because of the corruption rumours hanging over his head or because he's incompetent or whatever other people have expoused on.

The real reason ATIKU lost is because of BUHARI. It's as simple as that. Buhari is so popular in the north that it will be difficult to defeat him. He defeated an incumbent Jonathan who had the state machinery to his favour, then who is Atiku? Some of us, for the sake of Atiku was banking on his contacts in the north which included Kwakwaso and the likes and hoped that o matter how bad he did in states like Kano, katsina and a few states in the core north, he should get at least 40% of the vote in these places. But it seems Buhari's popularity was too much for either him or his friends.

He stands a better chance in 2023 but i think this is the end for him as far as becoming Nigeria's president is concerned.

2 Likes

Re: Why Atiku Lost The Presidential Election by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 26, 2019
You have not said anything

4 Likes

Re: Why Atiku Lost The Presidential Election by Generalnomercy: 6:50pm On Feb 26, 2019
Good analysis
Re: Why Atiku Lost The Presidential Election by Jayson1: 6:51pm On Feb 26, 2019
This is not about Buhari's popularity, there is something wrong with the core northerners.

They always have a way to cling to anything related to suffering, and buhari is a brand ambassador of suffering and violent.
You can call them the backward region, YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

1 Like

Re: Why Atiku Lost The Presidential Election by seunfly: 6:52pm On Feb 26, 2019
You are absolutely right, before election I told some people a little story from my expirience in Bauchi but they quickly disagree, I will repeat the story again.

I served in Bauchi state to be precise Gamawa local government, I participated in 2011 inec registration and election and my polling unit was ungwar madaki. During the election a serving PDP deputy governor came to vote in my polling unit and he could not vote for PDP, he had to vote for CPC which was buhari's party then. After voting he raised it up for everybody to see and instantly the crowd started to hail him, before my eyes every body started to vote Buhari for president and him for senator because he was not going for deputy governorship position anymore. After election i reached out to his entourage to ask why he voted for CPC instead of PDP and I was told " you can be in different party and people will support you but pls don't go against him otherwise peaple will go against you".
Everywhere you go his picture is there, their house, shops, Okada, Keke Napep, mosque he is really semi god.
By virtue of MDGs assignments I v traveled across core northern states and this effect seems to be the same.

The reasons why Obj was able to over power him was that many elite in the north don't really like him, the rigging might of PDP transcend region ie they have plenty registered voters to play around with and opposition party does not really have power to rig.
Re: Why Atiku Lost The Presidential Election by GuyWise101(m): 6:54pm On Feb 26, 2019
OKAY
Re: Why Atiku Lost The Presidential Election by Pierced(f): 6:54pm On Feb 26, 2019
The reason for atiku's loss was because of the intimidation of voters by security agents in the pdp strong hold.

People should stop saying buhari is popular in the north........rather they should ask why security forces such as the military got involved in a free and fair election.

Majority of SE where not allowed to collect their pvc not to talk of voting for their preferred candidates.

1 Like

Re: Why Atiku Lost The Presidential Election by Guestlander: 6:59pm On Feb 26, 2019
Afam4eva:
Based on the state results announced so far, it is evident that Buhari will be returned as Nigeria's president. He is currently leading Atiku with about 3.5 million votes. So, i tink it might be over for Atiku.

Now to the reason why Atiku lost. I'm not going to start telling you how he lost because of the corruption rumours hanging over his head or because he's incompetent or whatever other people have expoused on.

The real reason ATIKU lost is because of BUHARI. It's as simple as that. Buhari is so popular in the north that it will be difficult to defeat him. He defeated an incumbent Jonathan who had the state machinery to his favour, then who is Atiku? Some of us, for the sake of Atiku was banking on his contacts in the north which included Kwakwaso and the likes and hoped that o matter how bad he did in states like Kano, katsina and a few states in the core north, he should get at least 40% of the vote in these places. But it seems Buhari's popularity was too much for either him or his friends.

He stands a better chance in 2023 but i think this is the end for him as far as becoming Nigeria's president is concerned.

The constitution doesn't allow more than 8 years. 2023 candidates should start being nice to Nigerians from now on.

2 Likes

Re: Why Atiku Lost The Presidential Election by keneryhark(m): 7:02pm On Feb 26, 2019
So nah only northerners go they rules for this country?
Re: Why Atiku Lost The Presidential Election by muykem: 7:02pm On Feb 26, 2019
Atiku is losing because he's Ibo made. Nobody go to market and accept Ibo made product when it's discovered.

3 Likes

Re: Why Atiku Lost The Presidential Election by raumdeuter: 7:05pm On Feb 26, 2019
When we were telling people here that Buhari is a religion in the North some were posting pictures of Kwankwasiya Tambuwal and all those kindergarten politicians

Buharis shadow, fart or slippers will beat Kwankwaso Atiku joined together

If Buhari anoint a chair, he will floor a combination of Kwankwanso and Tambuwal together in the North

Another major mistake was selecting the bigot known as Peter Obi. That made many Northerners wary of Atiku and avoided him like a plague also the choice of Obi made many SE governors careful and not fully support PDP

2 Likes

Re: Why Atiku Lost The Presidential Election by landmark86: 7:07pm On Feb 26, 2019
Op I strongly disagree with you.
Many of us here on nairaland are the cos of his lost/defeat. We deceive him grin.

Atiku can neva be Nigeria president

1 Like

Re: Why Atiku Lost The Presidential Election by Afam4eva(m): 7:07pm On Feb 26, 2019
raumdeuter:
When we were telling people here that Buhari is a religion in the North some were posting pictures of Kwankwasiya Tambuwal and all those kindergarten politicians

Buharis shadow, fart or slippers will beat Kwankwaso Atiku joined together

If Buhari anoint a chair, he will floor a combination of Kwankwanso and Tambuwal together in the North

Another major mistake was selecting the bigot known as Peter Obi. That made many Northerners wary of Atiku and avoided him like a plague also the choice of Obi made many SE governors careful and not fully support PDP
I agree with all except your last paragraph. Whether Obo, Soludo or a running mate from the Northor SW, Buhari would have still won.

1 Like

Re: Why Atiku Lost The Presidential Election by Hedonisst: 7:09pm On Feb 26, 2019
You're too old for this idiocy. So you don't know what rigging means? What do you mean by "lost"? I just tire for most of you mentally indolent Southern Nigerians who attempt to build something on nothing. Shameful.
Re: Why Atiku Lost The Presidential Election by raumdeuter: 7:11pm On Feb 26, 2019
Afam4eva:

I agree with all except your last paragraph. Whether Obo, Soludo or a running mate from the Northor SW, Buhari would have still won.

Every little vote counts

Obi didnt gain any vote for Atiku rather he turned many people away

If Atiku had picked Ekweremadu it would have been better

Obi that spent almost his entire political life in APGA insulting the SE PDP caucus was suddenly picked ahead of them

Read the body language of Umahi and Ekweremadu and see how they felt. You think all those who stayed with PDP since 1999 are foools that one person enjoyed APGA 8yrs and suddenly jumped to PDP overtook them

Obiano openly supported Buhari

You think all those state governors with their powers cannot get more votes and reduce Buharis in the SE

Outside the SE Obi is known to be a bigot, a Biafra symphatizer, who called ACN/APC a Yoruba party. All those rhetoric are good or local politics but will not get you anywhere in National politics

1 Like

Re: Why Atiku Lost The Presidential Election by somalianprince: 7:15pm On Feb 26, 2019
The election was massively rigged particularly in the north. Atiku won the election fair and square. There's nothing popular about Buhari except that illiterate almajiris in the north see an archaic bigotic illiterate called Buhari as their role model. This fraudulent election cannot stand.

[s]
Afam4eva:

[/s]

Re: Why Atiku Lost The Presidential Election by Afam4eva(m): 7:24pm On Feb 26, 2019
raumdeuter:

Every little vote counts

Obi that spent almost his entire political life in APGA insulting the SE PDP caucus was suddenly picked ahead of them

Read the body language of Umahi and Ekweremadu and see how they felt. You think all those who stayed with PDP since 1999 are foools that one person enjoyed APGA 8yrs and suddenly jumped to PDP overtook them

You think all those state governors with their powers cannot get more votes and reduce Buharis in the SE

Outside the SE Obi is known to be a bigot, a Biafra symphatizer, who called ACN/APC a Yoruba party. All those rhetoric are good or local politics but will not get you anywhere in National politics
At the end of the day Peter Obi did it for Atiku in the south east. Nobody was going to vote for Atiku outside the SE because of Obi. You claim that Obi is a bigot but ignore all that has been said by Buhari who is your president. Like I said Obi is not really a factor apart from getting the SE votes which he did. Buhari would have irrespective of whether Ekweremadu was presented as VP or not.

1 Like

Re: Why Atiku Lost The Presidential Election by raumdeuter: 7:26pm On Feb 26, 2019
Afam4eva:

At the end of the day Peter Obi did it for Atiku in the south east. Nobody was going to vote for Atiku outside the SE because of Obi. You claim that Obi is a bigot but ignore all that has been said by Buhari who is your president. Like I said Obi is not really a factor apart from getting the SE votes which he did. Buhari would have irrespective of whether Ekweremadu was presented as VP or not.

Another person aside Obi who is acceptable to SE PDP caucus would have gotten more votes than Obi in the SE. Its about margins. The state Jonathan was getting 500k margin in 2015, was reduced to 200k because of Obigotry

many people in the SW were not satified with Buhari and would have voted Atiku but having Obi a known Yoruba hater put them off

As was seen in SW votes many were open to Atiku

It would have been like 2011 elections if it wasnt for the bigot Obi
Re: Why Atiku Lost The Presidential Election by seunfly: 7:26pm On Feb 26, 2019
You gets it and PDP should change their tactic, people should not make it a battle of us vs them, people should not go online to starts calling other people different names just to prove that who they support is wrong and theirs is right and lastly they should field young, credible and technocrats even if it will be northerner, they can get him.
The truth is many neutral were not convinced with Atiku's candidature and the character of PDP propaganda machine pushed people away rather than lure neutrals to PDP.

Guestlander:

The constitution doesn't allow more than 8 years. 2023 candidates should start being nice to Nigerians from now on.
Re: Why Atiku Lost The Presidential Election by LesbianBoy(m): 7:39pm On Feb 26, 2019
OP where was this buhari "popularity" before 2015?

Buhari did everything bad Jonathan did. Even worst! Yet he is being reelected by those that said they didn't want Jonathan.

Atiku lost because he had an igbo as deputy period! Plus massive rigging and holding inec officials hostage and telling them to write figures.
Re: Why Atiku Lost The Presidential Election by seunfly: 7:40pm On Feb 26, 2019
You are also right about Obi's candidature, everybody really complained about that, it even affected the votes that came from southeast, I feel Jonathan got more votes from southeast than this.
I met women leader of PDP in southsouth and southeast and the report is not good. The woman herself does not have any issues with Obi but others really have issues, wike, fayose, guys from North, guys from West and Obi brought some finacier which made real finacier of PDP feels not needed so everybody withdrew to themselves.
The last issues with PDP was the real people that suffered with PDP was religated, some slept in ditension, some swallowed papers, some goes to court everyday and some people's asset were frozen then suddenly some people came and secondus just abandoned the old guys and new celebrity took over the party.

raumdeuter:

Every little vote counts

Re: Why Atiku Lost The Presidential Election by Afam4eva(m): 7:54pm On Feb 26, 2019
raumdeuter:

many people in the SW were not satified with Buhari and would have voted Atiku but having Obi a known Yoruba hater put them off
You see why I said you need to be in Nigeria. Don't believe everything you read on Nairaland. Nairaland has a way of accentuating issues thereby making it look so bad whereas in reality, it's a negligible problem. Of anything the average Yoruba person will vote Atiku because of Obi. Very few people are aware of this tribalistic side of Obi that you speak of.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Defeated Buhari With 1.6 Million Votes (details) / Photos Of Buhari Praying Inside The Holy Ka'ba In Mecca Wearing A Robe / Zamfara: We Have To Accept Judgement — APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.