Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Opinion; 6 Years Single Term For Elective Political Offices In Nigeria. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion; 6 Years Single Term For Elective Political Offices In Nigeria. (8976 Views)

Why Are There No Igbo Candidates Contesting For Elective Positions In Kano? / 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos / 6-Year Single Term: Atiku Said Lawmakers Threw Away Baby With Bath Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion; 6 Years Single Term For Elective Political Offices In Nigeria. by KingWarri: 5:52pm On Feb 27, 2019
Toks2008:
If you think a 6 year single term is more ideal click like and if you think the two term of 4 years is better click share.

Enough of this baseless waste of money and resources.

If we add up all the money spent on INEC alone we will understand the huge waste.

We can make it happen if we push the idea strongly. We are the voice of the nation.

#6yearsingleterm

una don start all these like and share again abi...??

grin carry on...
Re: Opinion; 6 Years Single Term For Elective Political Offices In Nigeria. by Cromagnon: 6:13pm On Feb 27, 2019
Toks2008:
I strongly believe it's high time the legislators considered a 6 year single term for the office of the president and all other elective political offices in Nigeria because in most cases the power of incumbency usually plays out at the end against the opposition political parties

This will avoid waste of time and money for other aspirant who may want to unseat the present government and will also give the present government an urgent sense of productivity knowing they have just one term to rule.

If we all look at the millions of dollars spent by the opposition parties and even the ruling party in the just concluded general election and the fact that the same sum if not more will be expended in another 4 years, i strongly believe its not worth the waste. I believe all the huge sums will go a long way in developing the country directly or indirectly. Not forgetting the waste of lives and properties all in the bid for incumbents to clinch on power.

So what do you think?
on@second Term means no incentive To do anything
Instead of millions spent on advertisement and Voters
They will not bother spending anything
They will just loot and go
Re: Opinion; 6 Years Single Term For Elective Political Offices In Nigeria. by Cromagnon: 6:13pm On Feb 27, 2019
Toks2008:
If you think a 6 year single term is more ideal click like and if you think the two term of 4 years is better click share.

Enough of this baseless waste of money and resources.

If we add up all the money spent on INEC alone we will understand the huge waste.

We can make it happen if we push the idea strongly. We are the voice of the nation.

#6yearsingleterm
you can't make anything happen
Re: Opinion; 6 Years Single Term For Elective Political Offices In Nigeria. by KingWarri: 6:13pm On Feb 27, 2019
Foodforthought:
Go and ask the Almajiris. They decide what goes in this country. We the educated, civilized, enlightened and detribalized Online users don't have a say in Naija politics. Leave us alone already

wink wink
Re: Opinion; 6 Years Single Term For Elective Political Offices In Nigeria. by Cromagnon: 6:14pm On Feb 27, 2019
Toks2008:

Nigeria is a perculiar country where people cling to power as if it is their birthright.
all countries do this
Don't be deceived
Re: Opinion; 6 Years Single Term For Elective Political Offices In Nigeria. by Cromagnon: 6:15pm On Feb 27, 2019
biosilicon:
two terms of 3 years is better
why not 2 terms of 1 month
Re: Opinion; 6 Years Single Term For Elective Political Offices In Nigeria. by Cromagnon: 6:18pm On Feb 27, 2019
Toks2008:

Soro niyen
babanla Oro
It works in Saudi Kuwait and Dubai

1 Like

Re: Opinion; 6 Years Single Term For Elective Political Offices In Nigeria. by Cromagnon: 6:19pm On Feb 27, 2019
Zeroid105:
It is a very good idea that will go a long way to address wastages of our lean resources for electoral process. Similar proposal was put forward by GEJ but could see the light of the day for obvious reasons. He was deficient in power to push it through the NASS. The current cycle is wasteful and does not afford the elected officer time for meaningful governance because before he or she get settled, campaign bells have started ringing for next election. Effective time for governance is actually 1.5-2yrs in our current 4-yearly cycle.
if you can't deliver in 4 years You can't deliver in 6
Re: Opinion; 6 Years Single Term For Elective Political Offices In Nigeria. by Cromagnon: 6:20pm On Feb 27, 2019
sophiathefirst:
Abeg abeg too much good ideas to better the country dey. But will the leaders do so to help better the lives of Nigerians? No! Na their pockets and self interest matter to them.
Best idea for me, make we divide this country. Everyone should go and better him own region, the best way suitable, appropriate, known and most convenient to them.
Divide Nigeria make we hear word ooh.
I don do ooh
why must all the ideas be for leaders
Why can't we fix our problems ourselves
Is it govt that is suffering it

1 Like

Re: Opinion; 6 Years Single Term For Elective Political Offices In Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 27, 2019
6 years?

Wait until you encounter a very bad government that 6 years will be like 100 years

Instead let’s do 2 years, 3rd term, first two years of you ain’t worth it we pull you out between your first and 2nd term in office

1 Like

Re: Opinion; 6 Years Single Term For Elective Political Offices In Nigeria. by Cromagnon: 6:23pm On Feb 27, 2019
asdfjklhaha:
It would be good sha. at least people wouldn't be dying anyhow during elections
is politics an airborne disease
dying during election is a choice
You see thugs
Comot there jeJely
No need to form hero when you know your power no reach
Wisdom

1 Like

Re: Opinion; 6 Years Single Term For Elective Political Offices In Nigeria. by mhisbliss(f): 6:41pm On Feb 27, 2019
Jiang:

What, you no like junior Buhari after senior Buhari don retire grin

We go make you a duchess in the new United Nigerian Emirate woh
cheesyWhat made you think junior buhari will be better than senior buhari? It's just probability and I'm not someone that counts on uncertainty.

1 Like

Re: Opinion; 6 Years Single Term For Elective Political Offices In Nigeria. by biosilicon: 7:08pm On Feb 27, 2019
Cromagnon:
why not 2 terms of 1 month

lolz.

1 Like

Re: Opinion; 6 Years Single Term For Elective Political Offices In Nigeria. by Abagworo(m): 8:03pm On Feb 27, 2019
I've always felt it's the best for Nigeria
Re: Opinion; 6 Years Single Term For Elective Political Offices In Nigeria. by Cromagnon: 8:09pm On Feb 27, 2019
GadgetHunter:
6 years?

Wait until you encounter a very bad government that 6 years will be like 100 years

Instead let’s do 2 years, 3rd term, first two years of you ain’t worth it we pull you out between your first and 2nd term in office
you can't pull out now how will you pull out then?
Re: Opinion; 6 Years Single Term For Elective Political Offices In Nigeria. by IGOJ(m): 8:14pm On Feb 27, 2019
Trust me out so call leaders will not do anything in that one and only six years.

Btw do our opinion matter??
Re: Opinion; 6 Years Single Term For Elective Political Offices In Nigeria. by somegirl1: 8:43pm On Feb 27, 2019
Jiang:

I have an easier way, abolish democracy & go back to our old traditions of monarchy, that will save us a whole lotta money

Country will have to split first because some groups practiced oligarchy, not monarchy.

1 Like

Re: Opinion; 6 Years Single Term For Elective Political Offices In Nigeria. by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:11pm On Feb 27, 2019
the solution is to unbundle the current Nigerian arrangement...where each state can determine how it operate based on her strengths weakness and peculiarities...dats afta we would have abolished state of origin replacing it with residence...hence each state contribute to the federal center....i mean tel me why Lagos will still be having 20 lga despite her been cosmopolitan...the American federalism comes to mind here...each state has Her constitution...the minimum wage comes to mind where we keep negotiating a central minimum wage whereas each state should negotiate based on their strength and weakness.....
Re: Opinion; 6 Years Single Term For Elective Political Offices In Nigeria. by berbs: 1:01am On Feb 28, 2019
Ochinawata01:
I say 5 years single terms.
Makes sense
Re: Opinion; 6 Years Single Term For Elective Political Offices In Nigeria. by tck2000(m): 11:27am On Jul 26, 2019
6 years each

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

. / Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup / Minister Of Agriculture Son Proved That 30 Naira Is Ok To Feed For A Day- Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.