Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,103 members, 7,835,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

UK statement on re-election of President Buhari in Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK statement on re-election of President Buhari in Nigeria (2248 Views)

See UK Statement On Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections / I congratulate Amosun for losing the guber election of his political son -Fayose / Court Nullifies Kwara State Governorship Primary Election Of APC Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK statement on re-election of President Buhari in Nigeria by Trizzi: 8:26pm On Feb 27, 2019
Last night the Independent National Electoral Commission of Nigeria declared President Buhari the winner of the 2019 Presidential elections.

In a statement from Minister of State for Africa, Harriett Baldwin he made available to MEDIAHELM NEWS, he said:

I offer my congratulations to President Buhari on securing a second term as the Nigerian President. The UK is a long-standing friend and partner of Nigeria and the Nigerian people, and a stable and prosperous Nigeria benefits Africa and the world.

The Nigerian people have demonstrated resilience and a commitment to democracy. The result declared by the Nigerian election commission is consistent with the result obtained through the civil society Parallel Vote Tabulation process. Along with our international partners, the UK believes the Nigerian people can have confidence in the result.

However, we also recognise that independent Nigerian voices have expressed concerns about the conduct of the electoral process, in particular logistics and results collation, and reports of intimidation of election officials. We urge any party or individual who wishes to challenge the process to do so peacefully and through the appropriate legal channel and we encourage Nigerian authorities to examine all allegations of wrongdoing carefully, and take the necessary action against individuals found responsible.

My thoughts are also with the families and friends of those who lost their lives in election-related violence. No one should die in the exercise of their democratic rights. We will continue to support Nigeria and its civil society in drawing lessons from these elections and strengthening its democracy.

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/02/uk-statement-on-re-election-of.html
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Seun

Re: UK statement on re-election of President Buhari in Nigeria by Trizzi: 8:39pm On Feb 27, 2019
I pray for Great Nigeria.
God let there be PEACE in our LAND.
Re: UK statement on re-election of President Buhari in Nigeria by Atlanticfire: 8:45pm On Feb 27, 2019
More money for the UK through medical tourism for the next four years.

Next level of nepotism loading

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK statement on re-election of President Buhari in Nigeria by TIGRITIS: 8:53pm On Feb 27, 2019
I feel for atiku calling on international community.

So which of the international communities will he start calling now? Cameroon? sad angry

1 Like

Re: UK statement on re-election of President Buhari in Nigeria by seunmsg(m): 9:01pm On Feb 27, 2019
The Nigerian people have demonstrated resilience and a commitment to democracy. The result declared by the Nigerian election commission is consistent with the result obtained through the civil society Parallel Vote Tabulation process. Along with our international partners, the UK believes the Nigerian people can have confidence in the result.

UK don throw Atiku under the bus sharp sharp. shocked shocked shocked US and EU will follow soonest.

Nawa for Oyinbo people o. And to even think some deluded wailers were counting on countries like UK to help Atiku form a parallel government and arrange Buhari before ICC. Some are even calling for the Venezuela option. I guess this should be an eye opener to them.

1 Like

Re: UK statement on re-election of President Buhari in Nigeria by bender79: 9:08pm On Feb 27, 2019
Finally the hype about the attention of the international community on the 2019 elections was similar to the kwankwasiya movement- just noise no substance

2 Likes

Re: UK statement on re-election of President Buhari in Nigeria by ekiyorA(m): 9:12pm On Feb 27, 2019
Atiku go to court and make lawyers pocket swell. God grant Buhari the grace to take Nigeria to the next level

3 Likes

Re: UK statement on re-election of President Buhari in Nigeria by Chipink(f): 9:18pm On Feb 27, 2019
undecided
Re: UK statement on re-election of President Buhari in Nigeria by Corrinthians(m): 9:20pm On Feb 27, 2019
Some fools were shouting *Venezuela option*.

Dumb ass mofos from Camerooooooon. grin grin

1 Like

Re: UK statement on re-election of President Buhari in Nigeria by Corrinthians(m): 9:22pm On Feb 27, 2019
seunmsg:

UK don throw Atiku under the bus sharp sharp. shocked shocked shocked US and EU will follow soonest.

Nawa for Oyinbo people o. And to even think some deluded wailers were counting on countries like UK to help Atiku form a parallel government and arrange Buhari before ICC. Some are even calling for the Venezuela option. I guess this should be an eye opener to them.
Chaii. I swear I didnt see this comment before posting mine, yet we both referred to the rubbish consolatory talks about *Venezuela option*. grin

Wailers are the dumbest species of homosapiens around. grin

3 Likes

Re: UK statement on re-election of President Buhari in Nigeria by seunmsg(m): 9:36pm On Feb 27, 2019
Corrinthians:
Chaii. I swear I didnt see this comment before posting mine, yet we both referred to the rubbish consolatory talks about *Venezuela option*. grin

Wailers are the dumbest species of homosapiens around. grin

They are really very dumb. The talk about Venezuela option was so laughable. Anyway, their eyes don clear now. No foreign country is coming to fight for a well established kleptocrat. Atiku is now on his own. OYO.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK statement on re-election of President Buhari in Nigeria by MrAJQ(m): 9:41pm On Feb 27, 2019
The keyboard warriors won't like this

1 Like

Re: UK statement on re-election of President Buhari in Nigeria by project8(m): 9:44pm On Feb 27, 2019
I dnt see any eu country or d US siding or fighting for a thief.ohh New York Times gave us a hint on what to xoect from d US govt soon.
Re: UK statement on re-election of President Buhari in Nigeria by ozo13(m): 9:55pm On Feb 27, 2019
"Venezuela option " to the trash.atiku OYO
Re: UK statement on re-election of President Buhari in Nigeria by Shuku0kukobambi: 10:05pm On Feb 27, 2019
Those asking if the international community have congratulated Buhari now have their answer
Re: UK statement on re-election of President Buhari in Nigeria by farem: 10:11pm On Feb 27, 2019
Atlanticfire:
More money for the UK through medical tourism for the next four years.

Next level of nepotism loading

Sad-u-see!

Mr Ahithophel, your counsel (expectations) shall perish with you

1 Like

Re: UK statement on re-election of President Buhari in Nigeria by skyman200(m): 10:31pm On Feb 27, 2019
just for their selfish interest not for the well-being of Nigerians for their mind we are fools.
Re: UK statement on re-election of President Buhari in Nigeria by goldfish80(m): 11:48pm On Feb 27, 2019
Why not? With the renegotiation of new oil license in view, Buhari holds the ace. Why won't they want to work with him.

(1) (Reply)

What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival / My Experience Last Night In School / The Truth About Dangote Refinery Workforce In Lagos - Almost All Are Indians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.