Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,030 members, 7,849,158 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 03:30 PM

Presidential Poll Results Fraught With 513,214 Lapses, Say Csos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Poll Results Fraught With 513,214 Lapses, Say Csos (14669 Views)

Excess Crude Account Falls By 89% To $472,513 / Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers / Kadaria Ahmed Final Poll Results On INEC Chairman's Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Poll Results Fraught With 513,214 Lapses, Say Csos by Somtitous: 8:06am On Feb 28, 2019
AuntyAmope:
From my little observation, I believe Nigeria -before Buhari assumed office in 2015- was already at a point of explosion due to the heavy mismanagement of funds by almost all the past governments. It was just a matter of time before it exploded irrespective of who assumed the office, it was meant to happen. All Nigeria needs right now is a good manager,which Buhari is doing arguably fine. And it's understandable to see some people wanting to rise against the Buhari force. How do you expect a system built on corruption, one that knows nothing but corruption, how do u expect it to support the fight against corruption? Nigeria needs overall hauling and cleansing, a long term one. But I tell you, Buhari is our best deal right now. Buhari, a Nigerian ready to fight corruption(a quality Atiku and the other oldies lack), who has been in d game of politics for a very long time(a quality Sowore and the new guys in the game lack)
Nonsense talk

1 Like

Re: Presidential Poll Results Fraught With 513,214 Lapses, Say Csos by hush15: 8:07am On Feb 28, 2019
AuntyAmope:
From my little observation, I believe Nigeria -before Buhari assumed office in 2015- was already at a point of explosion due to the heavy mismanagement of funds by almost all the past governments. It was just a matter of time before it exploded irrespective of who assumed the office, it was meant to happen. All Nigeria needs right now is a good manager,which Buhari is doing arguably fine. And it's understandable to see some people wanting to rise against the Buhari force. How do you expect a system built on corruption, one that knows nothing but corruption, how do u expect it to support the fight against corruption? Nigeria needs overall hauling and cleansing, a long term one. But I tell you, Buhari is our best deal right now. Buhari, a Nigerian ready to fight corruption(a quality Atiku and the other oldies lack), who has been in d game of politics for a very long time(a quality Sowore and the new guys in the game lack)

Aunty, keep kwayet if you dont have anything to say. You lot keep spitting thrash. just 3 days ago, the firs reported a staggering 5. something trillion naira revenue. the highest in terms of taxes in the history of the country. this still exclude oil revenues and customs revenue. if funds have been mismanaged for decades in the past, which can be understandable, what about the revenue you generating now. how are you using it. this government is the most expensive government in the history of this country with no value returns.

The elections that was just concludes and marred with so many irregularities costed us 244billiin. the highest of this kind and just imagine the kind of processes delivered. Card readers still failed, security was rubbish, coverage was poor, voters education was below average, human resource deployment was titally faulty, collations were even inaccurate. recent times, you still carry huge sheets up and down for such a whopping amount?

obviously, the whole process and adminstration is oozing of corruption so what corruption was he fighting....

Buhari is a failure but its you likes who have no iota of understanding that cant see his ineptitude.

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Poll Results Fraught With 513,214 Lapses, Say Csos by charlione(m): 8:07am On Feb 28, 2019
AuntyAmope:

What fight against corruption? Surrounding himself with corruption and harassing political opponent is what the president is doing. Don't be fooled, there is no genuine fight against corruption. How is it possible that individuals who are being prosecuted for corruption have been voted into senate and other elective offices in a regime that is fighting corruption.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Poll Results Fraught With 513,214 Lapses, Say Csos by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:09am On Feb 28, 2019
AuntyAmope:

I am all for anti corruption but my problem is that Buhari ignores the corruption allegations against his allies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Poll Results Fraught With 513,214 Lapses, Say Csos by Elexdallas(m): 8:13am On Feb 28, 2019
Congrat Mr President,
But in my own opinion, illiterates shouldn't be allowed to vote,
We have a very high number of illiterates in Nigeria, they don't even know the quality of a good leader. they believe everything they were told.
They can't even make a good decision for themselves.
Imagine human bathing in the gutter because of Buhari's reelection, is that love? NO.
Someone even cut himself to celebrate Buhari's victory. That alone made me feel punished, How on earth did I end up being a Nigerian? We have fools everywhere.
Okay, do you think that if 80% of Nigerians are educated, Buhari can ever win an election in Nigeria?
God abeg come to our rescue,
Re: Presidential Poll Results Fraught With 513,214 Lapses, Say Csos by Nobody: 8:13am On Feb 28, 2019
Corrupt APC
Re: Presidential Poll Results Fraught With 513,214 Lapses, Say Csos by san316(m): 8:14am On Feb 28, 2019
OKay let's add it to Atiku's votes.

Say what?

He still lost
Re: Presidential Poll Results Fraught With 513,214 Lapses, Say Csos by DMerciful(m): 8:14am On Feb 28, 2019
Someone called you ipob in another thread, I was just laughing though I did not see your response
davodyguy:

What else do we expect from them?

This people should allow Buhari be. This BS is not what we need now. Let's join hands to fix this country. Forget Atiku, he's only pursuing personal ambition and tried to test his popularity by contesting. Someone who doesn't have political ideology

He started out as Governor Elect in Adamawa in1998. OBJ made him VP in 1999.

By 2006, he decamped to AC (Action Congress)
By 2009, he returned to PDP and contested primary against Jonathan in 2010, which he lost
By 2014, he decamped to APC, lost primary again to Buhari

By 2017, he returned to PDP.

I'm sure, he would decamp again.

No politician has migrated back to his vomit in Nigeria as much as Atiku.

Buhari started with ANPP, CPC and now CPC metamorphosed into APC. He's more consistent than unstable Atiku.

Stop supporting the guy Atiku
Re: Presidential Poll Results Fraught With 513,214 Lapses, Say Csos by shosky1794: 8:15am On Feb 28, 2019
PDP votes
1999 - 18.7million
2003 - 24.4million
2007 - 24.6million
2011 - 22.5million
2015 - 12.8million * inec introduced Card Readers.
2019 - 11.2million * stricter adherence to use Card readers.
Buhari has maintained his 12million + votes until card readers was introduced and he went up to 15.4million and 15.2million votes in 2019.

If you ask me who rigged this election I will say it's PDP. Because at the rate they were dropping, it was geometrical.

If you see how they dropped from 22.5million in 2011 to 12.8million in 2015, then in 2019, they should have been somewhere around 6million votes. But rigging and vote buying boosted them back up. So please Atiku, you are free to go to court. Lawyers have been praying and fasting, for these days to come, so they too can partake in the feasting of your ill gotten wealth.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Poll Results Fraught With 513,214 Lapses, Say Csos by kennykg(m): 8:16am On Feb 28, 2019
Ok remove it from the 4milion+ difference, Its funny why pdp is crying fowl when they both guilty of same rigging just the best Maradona won.
Re: Presidential Poll Results Fraught With 513,214 Lapses, Say Csos by Movebets: 8:16am On Feb 28, 2019
See prove below

Re: Presidential Poll Results Fraught With 513,214 Lapses, Say Csos by Ayobami7(m): 8:17am On Feb 28, 2019
好国加
Re: Presidential Poll Results Fraught With 513,214 Lapses, Say Csos by TruthinAction: 8:17am On Feb 28, 2019
The irregularities in the election and the discrepancies in the results announced is enough to declare the entire process invalid and go for electronic voting. Buhari's victory was a stolen mandate. We all know that.
Re: Presidential Poll Results Fraught With 513,214 Lapses, Say Csos by NwaliE01: 8:17am On Feb 28, 2019
AuntyAmope:

Buhari is and can never be the best for beautiful country like ours.

Getting into power through rigging already negate the chances of fighting corruption cos that is corruption to the highest degree.

Past four years, you and I knows that PMB was merely fighting opposition and not corruption.

Corruption is more pronounced in APC Government more than other administrations.

Take note of how much APC Government do far have borrowed and how much recovered and returned from Abacha loot.

Then check the reality on ground to see yourself whether it transcend to the amount received.

Look at the economy, we returned Abacha loot which every reasonable Government should have inject into capital projects but rather APC resolved into sharing it to ghost poor people @5k each which today is unaccounted for.

Then we went to China to borrow almost same amount with few days.

I don't expect any sensible Nigerian to embrace the APC Government with so much irregularities.

The Government have threaten all other arms of the Government just to achieve their second term ambition and we see nothing wrong with That.

I just wish we can objective in affairs that negates our national growth and unity.
Re: Presidential Poll Results Fraught With 513,214 Lapses, Say Csos by DMerciful(m): 8:18am On Feb 28, 2019
No president steals directly, it's the people around them! People around Bubu now is stealing but you're focusing on Bubu. When Abacha was alive, nobody knew he was stealing and even his best friend Bubu said Abacha did not steal. Money is missing under Bubu as well. People are afraid to speak against Bubu due to fear of DSS. How far with the whistle blower policy? Yeah right!
davodyguy:
This is the truth.

The signs were clear in the fall of 2014, that we would be in recession. Whether it was Jonathan or Atiku that won 2015, what happened in 2016 was inevitable.

Buhari may be less educated, but the fact that he would not steal, gives some confidence that our tomorrow would be better. It's just the killings and violence that worries me, which may be instigated to bring him down.

PDP government was so corrupt that I benefitted indirectly from it and I now regret.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Poll Results Fraught With 513,214 Lapses, Say Csos by DMerciful(m): 8:24am On Feb 28, 2019
GEJ will never rig election, if there is one thing GEJ cannot do is rigging. From the data available, incident forms used in 2015 was 10 million if which 7.5million happened in Bubu's strongholds in the north. Bubu was rigged in in 2015 and rigged in in 2019. GEJ introduced card readers, what has Bubu done to improve the electoral process? Zero!
davodyguy:
Rigging started under PDP. Those numbers GEJ got in 2015 from SS and SE are very impossible
For the first time since 2003, we have election conducted under opposition, their secret is revealed.

Buhari's numbers from the north have always been high since 2003 and under him in 2019 it was same.

But PDP's number from the SS and SE was small in 2019 compared to previous years. It shows GEJ rigged the 2015, but was outsmarted by the northerners

1 Like

Re: Presidential Poll Results Fraught With 513,214 Lapses, Say Csos by johnbu: 8:31am On Feb 28, 2019
Codes151:
thank allah You said little observation! Because Its obvious you know you are brainless
fact and truth
Re: Presidential Poll Results Fraught With 513,214 Lapses, Say Csos by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:34am On Feb 28, 2019
AuntyAmope:

You are stupid

1 Like

Re: Presidential Poll Results Fraught With 513,214 Lapses, Say Csos by 9jaRealist: 8:36am On Feb 28, 2019
davodyguy:
This is the truth.

The signs were clear in the fall of 2014, that we would be in recession. Whether it was Jonathan or Atiku that won 2015, what happened in 2016 was inevitable.

Buhari may be less educated, but the fact that he would not steal, gives some confidence that our tomorrow would be better. It's just the killings and violence that worries me, which may be instigated to bring him down.

PDP government was so corrupt that I benefitted indirectly from it and I now regret.

Even if recession was inevitable, Buhari’s economic illiteracy and initial inertia WORSEN, DEEPENED AND PROLONGED Nigeria’s recession!

The clumsy initial attempt at administratively controlling exchange rates (which included preventing foreign companies from buying dollars to remit their Naira earnings and dividends) resulted a stampede by foreign investors (both direct and portfolio) to exit the Nigerian market (with several relocating to Ghana) and so much reputational damage that Nigeria is yet to recover from. Meanwhile, his government keeps parroting the economic snake oil of doing more with less when it has approximately doubled Nigeria’s debt in about 3 years, resulting in the economic stupidity of a current debt service-to-revenue of almost 67% (even resulting in the absurdity of borrowing to service debts). In other words, for every Naira that the Buhari federal government takes in, it pays out almost 67 kobo (in interest, bond yields and sundry other charges) to service it debts, leaving a mere 33 kobo out of every Naira for both recurrent expenditures (including salaries and other recurring governmental obligations, apart from debt service payments) and for capital expenditures - and since capital expenditure estimates are merely about 30 of the federal budget, that means that the Buhari government allocates only about 11 kobo of every Naira that it takes in to capital investment and expenditure, which lies at the heart and core of economic development! These are some of the very basic reasons that economic recovery in Nigeria remains POOR with GDP growth at an anemic 1.9% while estimated population growth is about 3.2% (in effect, a substantive economic health recession), leading Nigeria to reportedly become the World’s Capital of Extreme Poverty under Mr. Buhari (and reportedly still worsening).

PS: Btw, it is laughable to believe that anyone that has Bola Tinubu in his inner circle is earnest about fighting corruption. SMH
Re: Presidential Poll Results Fraught With 513,214 Lapses, Say Csos by STARKACE(m): 8:38am On Feb 28, 2019
AuntyAmope:
this write up is too good for nairaland, if you gonna keep it hidden that's your problem but I am definitely tweeting this. PS, don't mistake this for permission it's just a heads-up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidential Poll Results Fraught With 513,214 Lapses, Say Csos by davodyguy: 8:44am On Feb 28, 2019
DMerciful:
Someone called you ipob in another thread, I was just laughing though I did not see your response
I'm IPAD grin
Re: Presidential Poll Results Fraught With 513,214 Lapses, Say Csos by Goke7: 8:52am On Feb 28, 2019
shosky1794:
Fun fact: in 2003, the vote in Ogun (Obasanjo's home state) was rigged so egregiously that it yielded an 86% turnout for the presidential poll (99.9% in favour of Obasanjo) compared to a 34% turnout for the Reps/Senate election a week earlier. Courts later nullified the result.

The appeals court annulled the presidential result just from Ogun State in 2003

Rivers State in 2003 recorded a 100% voter's turnout for the governorship election won by PDP. Guess who was the Vice President then? No prize for guessing

you dey mind them, they are all claiming to be democrats now grin
Re: Presidential Poll Results Fraught With 513,214 Lapses, Say Csos by DMerciful(m): 8:52am On Feb 28, 2019
But why dint you respond, ipob was insulted for your comment, you should have done the right thing to say you're not ipob and state where you're from.
davodyguy:
I'm IPAD grin
Re: Presidential Poll Results Fraught With 513,214 Lapses, Say Csos by Browniamotion(m): 8:53am On Feb 28, 2019
davodyguy:
This is the truth.

PDP government was so corrupt that I benefitted indirectly from it and I now regret. Are you trying to tell us that you value money than the lives of Nigeria citizens? Very absurd.
Re: Presidential Poll Results Fraught With 513,214 Lapses, Say Csos by Goke7: 8:54am On Feb 28, 2019
DMerciful:
GEJ will never rig election, if there is one thing GEJ cannot do is rigging. From the data available, incident forms used in 2015 was 10 million if which 7.5million happened in Bubu's strongholds in the north. Bubu was rigged in in 2015 and rigged in in 2019. GEJ introduced card readers, what has Bubu done to improve the electoral process? Zero!

very hilarious grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo: You Are Unenlightened, Mischievous, Tony Momoh Blasts Afenifere / Okorocha, South-East Aspirants write Buhari, Ask Him To Pick A SE Aspirant / 2.72m Not Kano Alone: Uzi-Osaze Clarifies Number Of Underage, Ineligible Voters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.