Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Please Don't Go Away. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Please Don't Go Away. (1906 Views)

Muslims Please Don't Be Deterred / Egbon Olabowale, Please Don't Leave Us Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Don't Go Away. by zayhal(f): 9:13pm On Aug 29, 2010
I've been going through some old threads and can't stop myself from feeling the nostalgia as I remember great brothers and sisters who have made this section alive over the years.

At times, I'd want to raise an issue but will hold back knowing that these great minds won't be there to contribute. Sincerely I feel very sad about this. We learn a lot from one another and we shouldn't allow some anti-Islam individuals dissuade us from this meritorious job we're doing. The popular Yoruba saying goes 'ta ba diju ki eniyan buruku koja, eniyan rere ma koja taa ni mo. You wouldn't know the post you'd send that'll be positive life-changing for some individual out there.

Please don't let us go away and leave this section so dull. I know there are still a few here who are trying their best, but it'd be better if all of you guys come back to keep it charging and interesting as of old. Let us forget the noise in the market place and focus on our transaction. Sure some o us are very busy, but if we see this as a part of our ibadah and contribute sincerely, I'm sure Allah will reward us for it.

Olabowale, Muhsin, Fayezik, Lagosboy, babs787, Olanajim, Riskie, ayinba1, Frizy, uplawal and others I can't remember now, please don't go away.
Re: Please Don't Go Away. by azharuddin: 1:12am On Aug 30, 2010
I agree with you completely. Even though i am new and i dont know much about the activity in the past, but i can guarantee the following is true.

zayhal:

You wouldn't know the post you'd send that'll be positive life-changing for some individual out there.

Because this Islamic section here brought about a[b] HUGH[/b] change in my life. 2 years back I was in a very low point of my life, when i stumbled upon the thread 'What did you learn in Islam recently'. It changed me forever! I was so blinded and mislead by the worldy life, that the thread came to me as a wake up call. I hope that change is permanent and i wont revert back to my old ways.

Also its better not to respond to trouble makers, only 2 hands can make a sound. So brothers and sisters please come forward and contribute. May Allah guide us in the right path.
Re: Please Don't Go Away. by abdurrazaq(m): 7:55am On Aug 30, 2010
Inshaha ALLAH, those good old days will be back and better. This board is supposed to be for learning more about our religion it shouldn't be the battle ground among religions. As the poster posted earlier we should learn to ignore unreasonable rants and focus on the issue at hand. May ALLAH reward our good deeds abundantly and forgive us our misdeeds. AMYN
Re: Please Don't Go Away. by zayhal(f): 6:57pm On Aug 30, 2010
azharuddin:

I agree with you completely. Even though i am new and i dont know much about the activity in the past, but i can guarantee the following is true.

Because this Islamic section here brought about a[b] HUGH[/b] change in my life. 2 years back I was in a very low point of my life, when i stumbled upon the thread 'What did you learn in Islam recently'. It changed me forever! I was so blinded and mislead by the worldy life, that the thread came to me as a wake up call. I hope that change is permanent and i wont revert back to my old ways.

Also its better not to respond to trouble makers, only 2 hands can make a sound. So brothers and sisters please come forward and contribute. May Allah guide us in the right path.

@bold. Amin. May Allah keep us firm on the true path.

I have also learnt a lot myself that's why it's bothering me that a lot of our old contributors are no longer here.
Re: Please Don't Go Away. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 30, 2010
Zayhal u didnt include the name of Abuzola alzhakawi in that list
zayhal:

I've been going through some old threads and can't stop myself from feeling the nostalgia as I remember great brothers and sisters who have made this section alive over the years.

At times, I'd want to raise an issue but will hold back knowing that these great minds won't be there to contribute. Sincerely I feel very sad about this. We learn a lot from one another and we shouldn't allow some anti-Islam individuals dissuade us from this meritorious job we're doing. The popular Yoruba saying goes 'ta ba diju ki eniyan buruku koja, eniyan rere ma koja taa ni mo. You wouldn't know the post you'd send that'll be positive life-changing for some individual out there.

Please don't let us go away and leave this section so dull. I know there are still a few here who are trying their best, but it'd be better if all of you guys come back to keep it charging and interesting as of old. Let us forget the noise in the market place and focus on our transaction. Sure some o us are very busy, but if we see this as a part of our ibadah and contribute sincerely, I'm sure Allah will reward us for it.

Olabowale, Muhsin, Fayezik, Lagosboy, babs787, Olanajim, Riskie, ayinba1, Frizy, uplawal and others I can't remember now, please don't go away.
Re: Please Don't Go Away. by zayhal(f): 8:23pm On Aug 30, 2010
toba:

Zayhal u didnt include the name of Abuzola alzhakawi in that list

Hey, all those names I included were just coming to my head as I typed. Even though I couldn't have exhausted the list of all of my wonderful brothers and sisters on here, those I didn't mention are equally important as those I did.
What is your own self? tongue
Re: Please Don't Go Away. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 30, 2010
Thanks Zayhal, for the thoughtful post.

Good observation, nobody wants to leave. Because it's just like a family in here,

But you know when things get to a point you can't just tolerate anymore, its better you take a break,

This is a discussion forum to share ideas, but when the other party comes with a set judgment on some issues it leaves no room for healthy discussion, 

It seems religious bigots are just increasing by the number, and no one man can solve the world problems.

But as you said
'ta ba diju ki eniyan buruku koja, eniyan rere ma koja taa ni mo

I just hope other brothers and sisters would see this as a call to service , we can sanitize this board and return it to that old and even better forum where

we all can learn lots of things about our religion!
[size=5pt]

Remember waking up every morning to see that babs had posted lots of info overnight, those times, hehehe, [/size]  sad
Re: Please Don't Go Away. by zayhal(f): 9:45pm On Aug 30, 2010
mdsocks

Jazakallah khayran.

Yeah, Babs is one wonderful poster. He sure has the strength, and zeal.
Re: Please Don't Go Away. by azharuddin: 6:53am On Aug 31, 2010
Hey i ll try my best to be a part of this community and contribute regularly. I hope others will join too. I m not worthy of giving this advice coz i too give up at times, but its a fact that it all depends on one word- Perseverance.

About the troublemakers i d like to quote a hadith:

Abu Umamah Al-Bahili (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said,
"I guarantee a house in Jannah for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a home in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even for the sake of fun; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannahfor one who has good manners.''

[Abu Dawud]

Lets keep that in mind. Its difficult to not to argue (i too fall for the trap), but we should try not to.
May Allah help us from falling into such arguments.
Ameen.
Re: Please Don't Go Away. by zayhal(f): 6:59pm On Aug 31, 2010
Yes, the interesting thing to note is that the sensible ones among the non-muslims are the objective ones who are ready to discuss.

You'll easily know the trouble makers by their illogical reasoning and unwarranted insults. The best thing to do to such is to completely ignore them, rather than allow them constitute a nuisance to our discussions.
Re: Please Don't Go Away. by babs787(m): 6:51pm On Sep 01, 2010
@Mdsocks & Zayhal

I am short of words. You have said it all and may Allah continue to be with you. I was not happy but I am now because of the brotherly and sisterly love displayed here. Just like my brother said, 'we should all see this as a call to service, sanitize, return the board to its old and better forum and learn lots about our religion'.

Jazakhallah.
Re: Please Don't Go Away. by zayhal(f): 7:49pm On Sep 01, 2010
@babs

Thanks. May Allah honor you too here and in the hereafter.
Re: Please Don't Go Away. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 01, 2010
zayhal:

Hey, all those names I included were just coming to my head as I typed. Even though I couldn't have exhausted the list of all of my wonderful brothers and sisters on here, those I didn't mention are equally important as those I did.
What is your own self? tongue
my own is u. I dnt know why u refused giving me audience
Re: Please Don't Go Away. by javalove(m): 8:33am On Sep 03, 2010
Salam all. . .please what about Alhaji Olabowale. . .?

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: Please Don't Go Away. by deols(f): 11:01am On Sep 03, 2010
I also miss many of ds guys. I hope they see ds and come bak to the forum
Re: Please Don't Go Away. by muhsin(m): 10:52am On Sep 04, 2010
Assalamu alaikum,

I feel like including my name among those "big names" is somewhat flattering; I never thought my presence or absence is that noticed. I can only say thanks to the Lord of the Worlds, Allah (SWT). I as well learn greatly from many of you, including the starter of this thread. May Allah reward us all, amin.

Actually I no longer frequent this site because of two reasons: one, though, is the commonest cause of many brothers and sisters departure, i.e. the fashionable blasphemy ceaselessly done by our Christian brethren here. Since we couldn't bring an end to that the best solution for a good Muslim, to my view, is to leave. Not everyone can withstand that parading profanity against our Creator, His Messenger and everything sacred to us. I think that’s the reason why Olabowale is no longer here too.

Second is which affects me personally, but I feel like I should open it up and share it with you here:

I had subscription with British Council, Kano. I browsed mostly there then as there were systems available for members. Change in the world’s business trend, as they claim, necessitated them to close down their centers all over the African continent. They still operate, though, but no members (or membership subscription) any more. And as a student I find it, sincerely speaking, awfully difficult to afford paying N100/150 per hour paid here in Kano. Why? An hour or two is very short; it takes an hour or more, sometimes, to watchfully follow a single thread and make a meaningful reply, whilst again, NL is not the only site one surfs.

Consequently I resort to just peep here and there, save any page I am interested in on my system; go and read at home. You may notice I infrequently make replies of a few lines here and there to some threads. This I do because I still have a sheer affinity to the site. Some of the friends I invited no longer make it here, not at all. But insha-Allah things will change to better soonest.

I implore you (plural) who still can make it here to keep it up; exercise more patience; sanitize/upgrade your intentions—do it for the sake of Allah and His Deen; ignore our absence and persevere. May Allah reward us all handsomely.

Salam
Re: Please Don't Go Away. by zayhal(f): 2:34pm On Sep 05, 2010
@ Muhsin

Asalam alaykum. May Allah enrich you from His bounties and make things easier for you (and all of us too).

Your candid reply is appreciated.

And 'amin' to your prayers. It's true, reading all those blasphemy and still keeping one's head is quite a task but we must emulate the Noble Prophet Muhammed (saw0. He suffered much more persecutions and still succeeded.

May Allah grant us success here and in the hereafter.
Re: Please Don't Go Away. by azharuddin: 8:18am On Sep 06, 2010
Ameen.

(sorry for my absence got banned by spam bot for a few days).
Re: Please Don't Go Away. by Jarus(m): 8:03pm On Sep 06, 2010
There was another brother, Belloti, that was doing well on this forum few years back too. Tried to bring him through facebook, but it appears he's not so interested again.
Re: Please Don't Go Away. by Jarus(m): 8:05pm On Sep 06, 2010
@Muhsin,
I like your writing skills. smiley
Re: Please Don't Go Away. by bashydemy(m): 11:15pm On Sep 06, 2010
New to this section but promise i will be visiting may Almighty reward us all Happy Ramadan
Re: Please Don't Go Away. by zayhal(f): 7:27am On Sep 07, 2010
azharuddin:

Ameen.

(sorry for my absence got banned by spam bot for a few days).

Oh. Welcome back. smiley
Jarus:

There was another brother, Belloti, that was doing well on this forum few years back too. Tried to bring him through facebook, but it appears he's not so interested again.

That's right. I remember Belloti. What's his fb ID? Perhaps I can talk to him, who knows?

Jarus:

@Muhsin,
No be only you. Me I admire am self.

bashy_demy:

New to this section but promise i will be visiting may Almighty reward us all Happy Ramadan
Welcome on board. May Allah make it easy.

Eid Mubarak (in advance) to everyone.
Re: Please Don't Go Away. by Jarus(m): 8:29am On Sep 07, 2010
zayhal:

Oh. Welcome back. smiley
That's right. I remember Belloti. What's his fb ID? Perhaps I can talk to him, who knows?
Welcome on board. May Allah make it easy.

Eid Mubarak (in advance) to everyone.

Bello Anka
Re: Please Don't Go Away. by muhsin(m): 1:08pm On Sep 07, 2010
Jarus:

@Muhsin,
zayhal:

Assalamu alaikum,

You must be kidding. I well know I am just an apprentice writer compared to you, especially Jarus. I have a folder specially dedicated for your writings on my computer. You are one of the best writers aboard NL. More-over, may be you don't know; I often visit your blog. Keep writing good pieces.

Any ways, thanks for your compliments. They are motivating.

Happy Eid-Fitr in advance.
Re: Please Don't Go Away. by Nobody: 11:22pm On Sep 07, 2010
Welcome @mushin. May be u help me talk to zayhal
Re: Please Don't Go Away. by muhsin(m): 10:33am On Sep 08, 2010
^^^

The name, as I have severally corrected people here, is not Mushin but Muhsin. The former is a local government's name in Lagos while the latter means Doer of Good in Arabic. Take note. smiley

How do you want me to help you talk to her? What do you want of her? Remember you are not a Muslim, worst you are among the Christians that enjoy smirching Muslim and Islam.
Re: Please Don't Go Away. by zayhal(f): 6:59pm On Sep 08, 2010
toba:

Welcome @mushin. May be u help me talk to zayhal

Why should Muhsin talk to me when you can do so yourself?

And by the way, what's the issue?
Re: Please Don't Go Away. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 08, 2010
zayhal:

Why should Muhsin talk to me when you can do so yourself?

And by the way, what's the issue?
is it possible to extend ur love beyond islam as in relationship
Re: Please Don't Go Away. by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 08, 2010
muhsin:

^^^

The name, as I have severally corrected people here, is not Mushin but Muhsin. The former is a local government's name in Lagos while the latter means Doer of Good in Arabic. Take note. smiley

How do you want me to help you talk to her? What do you want of her? Remember you are not a Muslim, worst you are among the Christians that enjoy smirching Muslim and Islam.
U know little about me. Not that i hate islam or muslims,but ur pple are always the first to attack us.see what vedaxcool is doing presently.if we retarliate, u will think we hate islam.
Re: Please Don't Go Away. by zayhal(f): 7:36pm On Sep 08, 2010
toba:

is it possible to extend your love beyond islam as in relationship

Yes. it is possible. If you have family members who are not muslims, for example, your parents or siblings. You love them naturally.

No, it is not possible, in a relationship like marriage, which I assume you mean here. For a non Muslim man is forbidden for a Muslim woman to marry. And I like the word you used there 'possible'. Yes. It's not just possible for a real Muslim lady to be in that kind of relationship with a non Muslim male. Not by accident, coincidence or whatever cause.

I hope I have answered your question.
Re: Please Don't Go Away. by zayhal(f): 7:39pm On Sep 08, 2010
Toba, please do not derail this thread. It's about calling our brothers and sisters back here, ok?
Re: Please Don't Go Away. by azharuddin: 8:48pm On Sep 08, 2010
@zayhal
I think its time to start to pretend some people dont exist. Dont respond.

(1) (2) (Reply)

On Yakowa's Death Celebration!!! / Build A Mosque In Your Lifetime. / What's Next After Ramadan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.