Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,319 members, 7,839,522 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

If You Believe The Election Was Rigged Massively, Can You Explain How It Was Don - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Believe The Election Was Rigged Massively, Can You Explain How It Was Don (1396 Views)

Nigerian Didn’t Vote Today Because Presidential Election Was Rigged - Atiku / How Akpabio Was Rigged Out — Oshiomhole / See How Presidential Election Was Rigged In Crossriver State By PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Believe The Election Was Rigged Massively, Can You Explain How It Was Don by Elthugnificent(m): 8:50am On Mar 01, 2019
As someone that serves as a party agent and had the opportunity of pursuing the result to Local government level, I believe the chances of rigging is minimal.

I am not saying that the election was on a 100; but only only trying to point out that the election was not rigged 'Massively'.

Change My Mind.

Edit 1: Please this has nothing to do with affiliation to any party, as such let's drop that sentiment outside. Just a thorough analysis of how the election might be rigged is what I am after.

Edit 2: From the reply so far I have to say that most people are not aware of the process to which their vote gets to Abuja. As such voters education should be brought to everybody.

2 Likes

Re: If You Believe The Election Was Rigged Massively, Can You Explain How It Was Don by Lansin: 8:56am On Mar 01, 2019
We all have to wait for Atiku's cctv (body cam) to give a better explanation. Observers have submitted their inference.

2 Likes

Re: If You Believe The Election Was Rigged Massively, Can You Explain How It Was Don by enemybulldozer(m): 9:00am On Mar 01, 2019
What are you saying?? Didn't you see the videos and pictures online or were you managing you data??

3 Likes

Re: If You Believe The Election Was Rigged Massively, Can You Explain How It Was Don by Elthugnificent(m): 9:00am On Mar 01, 2019
Lansin:
We all have to wait for Atiku's cctv (body cam) to give a better explanation. Observers have submitted their inference.
But don't you think if he had them, he would have uploaded at least one of such video on YouTube to ignite support from his supporters.

What do you think?

1 Like

Re: If You Believe The Election Was Rigged Massively, Can You Explain How It Was Don by senatordave1(m): 9:07am On Mar 01, 2019
enemybulldozer:
What are you saying?? Didn't you see the videos and pictures online or were you managing you data??
Forget the videos,those are isolated cases and very few.there 120k polling units,do you have videos from 1000 polling units?
From my own experience in my ward,buhari had 21 to 57 for atiku in my polling unit.out of 14 units in my ward in calabar buhari won 3 and lost 11.i followed them to the ward collation point,nothing changed in the presidential tabulation but might have changed in the legislative angle.i also followed them to the lga collation,same thing happened.the only places where rigging happened was in the rural areas where top party chieftains came from.both parties were involved.

5 Likes

Re: If You Believe The Election Was Rigged Massively, Can You Explain How It Was Don by Hofbrauhaus(m): 9:11am On Mar 01, 2019
You would hear from Atiku in court. The evidences will be presented to a court of competent jurisdiction and the mandate stolen by a thief would be returned to the owner. Thank you.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Believe The Election Was Rigged Massively, Can You Explain How It Was Don by blackmantis: 9:25am On Mar 01, 2019
Both party rigged but APC had an upper hand.

Some methods used were
1) Late opening of polls in opositon controlled areas. Is it not curious that in the far north polls opened very early that enabled the president to vote as early as 8:00am but in the southern part of the country including the FCT most polls opened very late. Some as late as 12noon. And voting went on in some cases into the night and most of these were later cancelled
Strategy :tire them out

2) Thugs and security agents:
Thugs were used to intimidate and scare voters in areas were opositon was dominant and when this does not succeed to start a fight and cause such confusion to lead to the cancellation of votes in such polling units. security agents were also used to intimidate uncompromising electoral officials.
Strategy: scare them and cause confusion

3) Vote buying.
Yes vote buying played a part esp by the opposition. A community would be promised cash if they delivered thier votes. The cash was shared after the results were announced .
Strategy: buy them

3) Card Reader.
Still researching on this ...... But the opposition found out late that the owner of the company who owns this company is not just a card carrying member of the ruling party but also a contestant. It's not unlikely that manipulations would not have occured.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Believe The Election Was Rigged Massively, Can You Explain How It Was Don by baliyubla: 9:26am On Mar 01, 2019
No Atikulator should say a thing. We shall meet the electoral thieves in court and bombard them riggers with high end facts.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Believe The Election Was Rigged Massively, Can You Explain How It Was Don by enemybulldozer(m): 9:26am On Mar 01, 2019
senatordave1:

Forget the videos,those are isolated cases and very few.there 120k polling units,do you have videos from 1000 polling units?
From my own experience in my ward,buhari had 21 to 57 for atiku in my polling unit.out of 14 units in my ward in calabar buhari won 3 and lost 11.i followed them to the ward collation point,nothing changed in the presidential tabulation but might have changed in the legislative angle.i also followed them to the lga collation,same thing happened.the only places where rigging happened was in the rural areas where top party chieftains came from.both parties were involved.
People like you is just the reason why this country will remain in backwardness forever. You people are very much easy to deceive honestly. First, the CJN was removed and up till now nobody has said or do anything about it, don't you know that the reason why they removed the CJN is because they know they're going to rig the Election??

Secondly, you saw APC thugs and soldiers in most of the polling units working in favour of APC and you still have the audacity to tell I should forget the videos??

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Believe The Election Was Rigged Massively, Can You Explain How It Was Don by Elthugnificent(m): 9:28am On Mar 01, 2019
senatordave1:

I believe when someone follow the steps: polling unit, Ward and down to the local government you would appreciate how there was some credibility to the election.

Remember all the party agents(PDP, APC and others) have to sign at each level mentioned above.

I have to agree with you on the rural area aspect, hence why I said it was minimal and also there is a limit to that; because the rigging would be limited to the accredited voters in the rural areas. Thats one of main reason that minimize bloated figures.

That's why I don't support one of Atiku demands that suggested accreditation of voters a day before the election, I think that would lead to massive rigging.

What do you think?

3 Likes

Re: If You Believe The Election Was Rigged Massively, Can You Explain How It Was Don by senatordave1(m): 9:46am On Mar 01, 2019
Elthugnificent:

I believe when someone follow the steps: polling unit, Ward and down to the local government you would appreciate how there was some credibility to the election.

Remember all the party agents(PDP, APC and others) have to sign at each level mentioned above.

I have to agree with you on the rural area aspect, hence why I said it was minimal and also there is a limit to that; because the rigging would be limited to the accredited voters in the rural areas. Thats one of main reason that minimize bloated figures.

That's why I don't support one of Atiku demands that suggested accreditation of voters a day before the election, I think that would lead to massive rigging.

What do you think?
I also agree.this election was better than that of 2015,votes counted more.rigging was limited mostly at the rural areas pus because of obvious reasons.the best thing for us right now is to go full blown electronic or sign the electoral law which will make the card reader usage a must.

1 Like

Re: If You Believe The Election Was Rigged Massively, Can You Explain How It Was Don by Elthugnificent(m): 9:49am On Mar 01, 2019
[center][/center]
blackmantis:

Some methods used were
1) Late opening of polls in opositon controlled areas. Is it not curious that in the far north polls opened very early that enabled the president to vote as early as 8:00am but in the southern part of the country including the FCT most polls opened very late. Some as late as 12noon. And voting went on in some cases into the night and most of these were later cancelled

Thugs were used to intimidate and scare voters in areas were opositon was dominant and when this does not succeed to start a fight and cause such confusion to lead to the cancellation of votes in such polling units. security agents were also used to intimidate uncompromising electoral officials.

3) Vote buying.
Yes vote buying played a part esp by the opposition. A community would be promised cash if they delivered thier votes. The cash was shared after the results were announced .

3) Card Reader.
Still researching on this ...... But the opposition found out late that the owner of the company who owns this company is not just a card carrying member of the ruling party but also a contestant. It's not unlikely that manipulations would not have occured.

You made some solid point I most commend you for that, but let's take them one at a time.

1) late opening of polls was not only subjected to opposition areas please, Atiku, Saraki and other big politicians voted very early. It is the Nigeria way.
I was at my as early as 7 to witness the distribution of materials, they started sharing it around 8:30am but the materials get to my polling unit around 10am and from the Ward to my my polling unit is just 10 minutes walk. The reason for the delay is because the materials are been distributed base on polling unit, they start with 001 and my polling unit is 010. When I get to my area people were already angry(you won't blame them) but if only they know the procedure. Yes they should have started the distribution early.

2) The issue of security agents and thugs, well I have to agree with you on that. But we all know it wasn't ramparts, we didn't experience such here though and I believe neither did you; it was just few places.

3) vote buying: you have to acknowledge that this is the only election in Nigeria history where we are yet to see any video proof or people coming online to claim that either PDP or APC agent where at a polling unit distributing cash. We all know that's synonymous with PDP but I don't want to partisans in my write up. But the issue of vote is at it's minimal in this election.

4) On the issue of card reader, well if you are done with your research I would definitely want to read about it, because I believe that would be effective for Mass rigging

Thanks for your contribution, if there is any misconception from my write up that you would like to clear I am open to hear them.

2 Likes

Re: If You Believe The Election Was Rigged Massively, Can You Explain How It Was Don by Elthugnificent(m): 9:50am On Mar 01, 2019
Hofbrauhaus:
You would hear from Atiku in court. The evidences will be presented to a court of competent jurisdiction and the mandate stolen by a thief would be returned to the owner. Thank you.
Lol, I really hope the hearing would be aired. Would have really like to watch it.

2 Likes

Re: If You Believe The Election Was Rigged Massively, Can You Explain How It Was Don by senatordave1(m): 9:52am On Mar 01, 2019
enemybulldozer:
People like you is just the reason why this country will remain in backwardness forever. You people are very much easy to deceive honestly. First, the CJN was removed and up till now nobody has said or do anything about it, don't you know that the reason why they removed the CJN is because they know they're going to rig the Election??

Secondly, you saw APC thugs and soldiers in most of the polling units working in favour of APC and you still have the audacity to tell I should forget the videos??
Oga i ask again,how many videos do you have? So a few videos captured what happened in the nation,are you this dumb? So the security agencies were present at all polling units abi ? If you cancel elections in the polling units your videos captured,would it make atiku the winner ? So you expect an election to be 100%.my friend,stop crying more than atiku.there was rigging quite alright but it wasn't enough to alter the final results.the amount of votes buhari got in the south should tell you that he defeated your master.

3 Likes

Re: If You Believe The Election Was Rigged Massively, Can You Explain How It Was Don by teufelein(f): 9:54am On Mar 01, 2019
How The Elections Were Rigged -only For Deep Thinkers!

If you're indeed serious to know the truth visit here and read all.....https://www.nairaland.com/5052677/how-elections-rigged-only-deep
Re: If You Believe The Election Was Rigged Massively, Can You Explain How It Was Don by Kyase(m): 9:56am On Mar 01, 2019
baliyubla:
No Atikulator should say a thing. We shall meet the electoral thieves in court and bombard them riggers with high end facts.
Lol some people think court will just accept some random videos as evidence grin
Anybody can make such videos...
I dare atiku to go to court, before Monday or else...

1 Like

Re: If You Believe The Election Was Rigged Massively, Can You Explain How It Was Don by Elthugnificent(m): 9:56am On Mar 01, 2019
enemybulldozer:

Please let's not make this a party thing, if video were sufficient the international observers and the international community wouldn't have said otherwise.

Please answer this, after casting your vote at your polling unit did you wait for it to be counted and possibly follow the result to the Ward?
If not do to you know the procedure/steps that are taken once the vote you cast left your polling unit?

1 Like

Re: If You Believe The Election Was Rigged Massively, Can You Explain How It Was Don by Charmingrascal(m): 10:04am On Mar 01, 2019
They have nothing to show

They will wail for the next four years and we are use to them
Re: If You Believe The Election Was Rigged Massively, Can You Explain How It Was Don by 9jabull: 10:10am On Mar 01, 2019
Most of the rigging was done in the collation centers, the once they can't rig they will scatter all the materials so that the votes won't count.
Even a foreigner was caught in a video helping them to add up figures.
Political tugs intimate, threatened, burn INEC materials in opposition strong hold is part of rigging so that their votes will be canceled.
Thumb printing of ballot papers was the order of the day especially in the north, Card reader was not used in some northern states, but in the east they ensure use of card reader which disenfranchised many people.
Rigging comes in many ways.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Believe The Election Was Rigged Massively, Can You Explain How It Was Don by Elthugnificent(m): 10:18am On Mar 01, 2019
senatordave1:

I also agree.this election was better than that of 2015,votes counted more.rigging was limited mostly at the rural areas pus because of obvious reasons.the best thing for us right now is to go full blown electronic or sign the electoral law which will make the card reader usage a must.
You are right, electronic voting should be next step towards finally ending rigging in Nigeria.

They opposition can the opportunity to push the bill since most of their colleagues are claiming rigging.
Re: If You Believe The Election Was Rigged Massively, Can You Explain How It Was Don by Elthugnificent(m): 10:22am On Mar 01, 2019
9jabull:
Most of the rigging was done in the collation centers, the once they can't rig they will scatter all the materials so that the votes won't count.
Even a foreigner was caught in a video helping them to add up figures.
Political tugs intimate, threatened, burn INEC materials in opposition strong hold is part of rigging so that their votes will be canceled.
Thumb printing of ballot papers was the order of the day especially in the north, Card reader was not used in some northern states, but in the east they ensure use of card reader which disenfranchised many people.
Rigging comes in many ways.
I agree with the fact that rigging comes in many ways, but I am more interested in your first claim because that's where a massive form of rigging could be achieve.

You said most of the rigging was done in the collation center. At what level was that achieve; ward, LG or state level?

1 Like

Re: If You Believe The Election Was Rigged Massively, Can You Explain How It Was Don by Hofbrauhaus(m): 10:43am On Mar 01, 2019
Elthugnificent:
Lol, I really hope the hearing would be aired. Would have really like to watch it.

It's not a secret hearing na..You can always make yourself available in court.
Re: If You Believe The Election Was Rigged Massively, Can You Explain How It Was Don by Elthugnificent(m): 10:47am On Mar 01, 2019
Charmingrascal:
They have nothing to show

They will wail for the next four years and we are use to them
I really wish they have, because it would take a Mastermind to massively rigged the just concluded election.

Most people that keep shouting rigging have no Idea what happen once they cast their vote. They don't ask questions or do a follow-up and know how their vote gets to Abuja.

If they had done the above, they would know that to rigging this election massively won't be easy at all.

2 Likes

Re: If You Believe The Election Was Rigged Massively, Can You Explain How It Was Don by Elthugnificent(m): 10:49am On Mar 01, 2019
Hofbrauhaus:

It's not a secret hearing na..You can always make yourself available in court.
Lol, I would be busy by then.

On a serious note, after casting your vote at the polling unit do you know how it get to Abuja? I mean the steps.
Re: If You Believe The Election Was Rigged Massively, Can You Explain How It Was Don by Mrbaz1: 11:00am On Mar 01, 2019
senatordave1:

respect man

1 Like

Re: If You Believe The Election Was Rigged Massively, Can You Explain How It Was Don by Elthugnificent(m): 12:32pm On Mar 01, 2019
senatordave1:

Oga i ask again,how many videos do you have? So a few videos captured what happened in the nation,are you this dumb? So the security agencies were present at all polling units abi ? If you cancel elections in the polling units your videos captured,would it make atiku the winner ? So you expect an election to be 100%.my friend,stop crying more than atiku.there was rigging quite alright but it wasn't enough to alter the final results.the amount of votes buhari got in the south should tell you that he defeated your master.
You can't be more right, I only wish people could drop their party affiliation and see the election process for what it really was.

Some them that are angry with the international observers have no idea what happens to their vote immediately it leaves their polling unit. I believe voters education should be introduced to educate people on how vote are actually counted, that would surely give hope to our democracy.
Re: If You Believe The Election Was Rigged Massively, Can You Explain How It Was Don by Elthugnificent(m): 12:47pm On Mar 01, 2019
After going through comments from most social Medias and forum (nairaland). I have to conclude that most people don't know how their vote gets to Abuja, if you do prove me otherwise and tell me the point you believe you believe the election was successfully rigged.
Re: If You Believe The Election Was Rigged Massively, Can You Explain How It Was Don by enemybulldozer(m): 5:06pm On Mar 01, 2019
senatordave1:

Am not surprised at the way you reason, a typical black man will always reason with his anus instead of his brain, just listen to your dumb self. since you have admitted that there was a kind of rigging, what's the essence of rigging the election if your god buhari and his political goons were sure they will win??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Believe The Election Was Rigged Massively, Can You Explain How It Was Don by Elthugnificent(m): 12:11am On Mar 02, 2019
enemybulldozer:
Am not surprised at the way you reason, a typical black man will always reason with his anus instead of his brain, just listen to your dumb self. since you have admitted that there was a kind of rigging, what's the essence of rigging the election if your god buhari and his political goons were sure they will win??

The word is Massive. Are you now saying that PDP did not rigged at all?

That's part of the reason why I suggested non partisanship from this thread to encourage open mindedness.

1 Like

Re: If You Believe The Election Was Rigged Massively, Can You Explain How It Was Don by enemybulldozer(m): 8:06am On Mar 02, 2019
Elthugnificent:
The word is Massive. Are now saying that PDP did not rigged at all?

That's part of the reason why I suggested non partisanship from this thread to encourage open mindedness.
Security agents and APC thugs were everywhere is SE/SS working in favour of APC and you're telling me that's not massive rigging.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Believe The Election Was Rigged Massively, Can You Explain How It Was Don by Mizwisdom(f): 8:16am On Mar 02, 2019
blackmantis:

Some methods used were

3) Vote buying.

3) Card Reader.

What of ballot box burning, bullying of voters by gangs of thugs loyal to certain parties, even INEC officials destroying votes for their preferred candidates/parties, collation room malpractices, under aged voters, not issuing PVCs to voters from opposition strong hold, deceiving people to do manual voting because card readers aren't functioning knowing that their votes will definitely be cancelled grin
Re: If You Believe The Election Was Rigged Massively, Can You Explain How It Was Don by DMerciful(m): 8:42am On Mar 02, 2019
The fact that the president refused accent to the electoral bill that would have made card readers mandatory and electronic transmission possible shows intent to rig. The fact that he removed the CJN shortly before election shows intent to sway a possible tribunal judgement in his favour. The fact that he ordered the military to shoot ballot box snatchers and non was caught when they were snatching in opposition areas shows intent to rig. DD he eventually rig? Absolutely!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pls How Do I Get My Airtime Back From Mtn? / Igbos Always Supported PDP, They Can't Get 2023 Presidency Under APC -Tony Momoh / Jonathan Compromised Bayelsa Election To Avoid Oil Scam Probe – Sule Lamido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.