Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,009 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

What Does Allah Mean By Calling Himself Al-Baari(The Evolver)? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Does Allah Mean By Calling Himself Al-Baari(The Evolver)? (1747 Views)

Where Does Allah Lives - Seventh Heaven Or Lowest Heaven / Does Allah Also Fall Sick? / Does Allah Hate Evil? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does Allah Mean By Calling Himself Al-Baari(The Evolver)? by tintingz(m): 2:37pm On Mar 02, 2019
What does it mean for Allah to be called Al-Baari (the Evolver)?

According to the meaning I read, Al-Baari is part of Allah's name who created forms out of nothing and they(creation) evolve from previous matter.(confusing)

Now can something that evolve be term perfect? Can the creator be perfect in this case?

Muslims should explain what the said name of Allah mean.
Re: What Does Allah Mean By Calling Himself Al-Baari(The Evolver)? by true2god: 8:49am On Mar 04, 2019
tintingz:

According to the meaning I read, Al-Baari is part of Allah's name who created forms out of nothing and they(creation) evolve from previous matter.(confusing)

Now can something that evolve be term perfect? Can the creator be perfect in this case?

Keenly following.

1 Like

Re: What Does Allah Mean By Calling Himself Al-Baari(The Evolver)? by AlBaqir(m): 4:44am On Mar 05, 2019
AL-BARI - THE EVOLVER

Allah has said,

"He is Allah the Creator, the Evolver, the One Who bestows forms (or colors) upon what He creates. To Him belong the Attributes" (Qur’an, 59:24).

There are viewpoints regarding the explanation of "al-Bari": One says it refers to the One Who brings about something out of nothing, the One Who creates something which was never there before. It is said that Allah is al-Bari of creation, the One Who brought about all things into existence out of nonexistence.

The other meaning conveys the cutting off or severing of something. The root verb of this word means cutting and shaping something such as a twig or a pencil. One may say that illness has parted from him, or that he is free of a claim put forth by another. It can also be applied metaphorically such as one person severing his partnership with another, or a woman separating from her husband. Allah has bara'a, created or initiated, the creation without a model; bariyyah means those whom He has created. Another meaning is curing or healing.

A wise saying states that one who is cured should express gratitude to the One Who cured him. Ja`fer ibn Sulayman is quoted as having said that he passed once by a blind old woman grieving over herself and wailing, so he asked her, "What does it take to sustain you?" She answered him saying, "Stop sticking your nose where it does not belong; I have reached this stage of life without needing you or others." Then she added, "Have you not heard the statement made by the Friend of Allah who said, `[Allah] Who created me then showed me the way, and He provides me with food to eat and with water to drink, and when I am sick, He restores my health to me' (26:78-80)?"

It is also said that He is the One Who has dissociated Himself from everyone else, the One Who is never surprised by whatever events take place. It is also said that anyone who recognizes Him as al-Bari will dissociate himself from committing anything prohibitive, seeking refuge with the King, the Most Forgiving One.

One who knows the real meaning of "al-Bari", therefore, is one whose heart is not affected by events, nor can momentous events overtake him by surprise. It is also said that anyone who comes to know Who al-Bari really is will dissociate himself from claiming to have anything to do with his own form or shape, fearing his Creator's Might, knowing that he is not doing Him a favour by worshipping and obeying Him.

Source: Allah: the concept of God in Islam p. 30
By Yasin T. Al-Jibouri
Re: What Does Allah Mean By Calling Himself Al-Baari(The Evolver)? by tintingz(m): 11:08am On Mar 05, 2019
AlBaqir:
AL-BARI - THE EVOLVER

Allah has said,

"He is Allah the Creator, the Evolver, the One Who bestows forms (or colors) upon what He creates. To Him belong the Attributes" (Qur’an, 59:24).

There are viewpoints regarding the explanation of "al-Bari": One says it refers to the One Who brings about something out of nothing, the One Who creates something which was never there before. It is said that Allah is al-Bari of creation, the One Who brought about all things into existence out of nonexistence.
I'm more interested in this.

- You agree something can come out of nothing?

- You also didn't give explanation on "evolve", did Allah create something and it evolve?

The other meaning conveys the cutting off or severing of something. The root verb of this word means cutting and shaping something such as a twig or a pencil. One may say that illness has parted from him, or that he is free of a claim put forth by another. It can also be applied metaphorically such as one person severing his partnership with another, or a woman separating from her husband. Allah has bara'a, created or initiated, the creation without a model; bariyyah means those whom He has created. Another meaning is curing or healing.

A wise saying states that one who is cured should express gratitude to the One Who cured him. Ja`fer ibn Sulayman is quoted as having said that he passed once by a blind old woman grieving over herself and wailing, so he asked her, "What does it take to sustain you?" She answered him saying, "Stop sticking your nose where it does not belong; I have reached this stage of life without needing you or others." Then she added, "Have you not heard the statement made by the Friend of Allah who said, `[Allah] Who created me then showed me the way, and He provides me with food to eat and with water to drink, and when I am sick, He restores my health to me' (26:78-80)?"

It is also said that He is the One Who has dissociated Himself from everyone else, the One Who is never surprised by whatever events take place. It is also said that anyone who recognizes Him as al-Bari will dissociate himself from committing anything prohibitive, seeking refuge with the King, the Most Forgiving One.

One who knows the real meaning of "al-Bari", therefore, is one whose heart is not affected by events, nor can momentous events overtake him by surprise. It is also said that anyone who comes to know Who al-Bari really is will dissociate himself from claiming to have anything to do with his own form or shape, fearing his Creator's Might, knowing that he is not doing Him a favour by worshipping and obeying Him.

Source: Allah: the concept of God in Islam p. 30
By Yasin T. Al-Jibouri

Good but I don't see how this explanation make sense with the word "Evolver".
Re: What Does Allah Mean By Calling Himself Al-Baari(The Evolver)? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 06, 2019
tintingz:

Since you are not a Muslim..

I would gladly point you to the right path..

Ask the person Allah revealed the Quran to..

EOD..

Laughing out loud ..

A Shia talking about aqeedah.. Asmau Allah wa sifat..

Laugh rolling on the floor..

This is very funny
Re: What Does Allah Mean By Calling Himself Al-Baari(The Evolver)? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 06, 2019
And Who told you the correct English translation of Al baari is "the evolver"

This is matter of the creed..

You that have absolutely no knowledge about ibaadah would understand aqeedah..

Pathetic kid..........always ranting around with his illogical logic
Re: What Does Allah Mean By Calling Himself Al-Baari(The Evolver)? by tintingz(m): 3:01pm On Mar 06, 2019
Abuheekmat:

Since you are not a Muslim..

I would gladly point you to the right path..

Ask the person Allah revealed the Quran to..

EOD..

Laughing out loud ..

A Shia talking about aqeedah.. Asmau Allah wa sifat..

Laugh rolling on the floor..

This is very funny
@bolded how?
Re: What Does Allah Mean By Calling Himself Al-Baari(The Evolver)? by tintingz(m): 3:02pm On Mar 06, 2019
Abuheekmat:
And Who told you the correct English translation of Al baari is "the evolver"

This is matter of the creed..

You that have absolutely no knowledge about ibaadah would understand aqeedah..

Pathetic kid..........always ranting around with his illogical logic
Can you tell us the meaning of Al-Baari?

Please no ad hominem.
Re: What Does Allah Mean By Calling Himself Al-Baari(The Evolver)? by najib632(m): 3:59pm On Mar 06, 2019
tintingz:

Another episode of your lack of intelligence and ignorance, Albaari meaning the Evolver, the one who causes evolution. Just a little logical thinking and you would have spared Albaaqir's his time, can't you see the -er there is qualifying the word evolution? I hope you know that al Baari in Arabic translates to more than one word in English?
Re: What Does Allah Mean By Calling Himself Al-Baari(The Evolver)? by OLAJADON: 4:26pm On Mar 06, 2019
leave him alone, he is just trying to be mischievous
Re: What Does Allah Mean By Calling Himself Al-Baari(The Evolver)? by tintingz(m): 7:33pm On Mar 06, 2019
najib632:
Another episode of your lack of intelligence and ignorance, Albaari meaning the Evolver, the one who causes evolution. Just a little logical thinking and you would have spared Albaaqir's his time, can't you see the -er there is qualifying the word evolution? I hope you know that al Baari in Arabic translates to more than one word in English?
Good, I'm more interested in the evolution part.

Allah created something and it evolve? Yes?
Re: What Does Allah Mean By Calling Himself Al-Baari(The Evolver)? by najib632(m): 6:42pm On Mar 07, 2019
tintingz:
Good, I'm more interested in the evolution part.

Allah created something and it evolve? Yes?
I will not argue with you, because it is pointless and by Allah your heart will never find peace no matter how hard you deny the existence of Allah. You will never find peace in worldly things.
Re: What Does Allah Mean By Calling Himself Al-Baari(The Evolver)? by tintingz(m): 7:56pm On Mar 07, 2019
najib632:
I will not argue with you, because it is pointless and by Allah your heart will never find peace no matter how hard you deny the existence of Allah. You will never find peace in worldly things.
Ad hominem.

Someone is frustrated. grin
Re: What Does Allah Mean By Calling Himself Al-Baari(The Evolver)? by najib632(m): 9:24pm On Mar 07, 2019
tintingz:
Ad hominem.

Someone is frustrated. grin
grin your comments are just exposing your intentions day by day. You mission is to prey on the ignorance of the Muslims so that you will frustrate the brothers and then they'll become kufar like you, well Woe to you your plan has failed woefully and Allah has exposed you. You became frustrated due to your ignorance, instead of seeking knowledge to clarify your doubts, you apostated.
Re: What Does Allah Mean By Calling Himself Al-Baari(The Evolver)? by tintingz(m): 9:45pm On Mar 07, 2019
najib632:
grin your comments are just exposing your intentions day by day. You mission is to prey on the ignorance of the Muslims so that you will frustrate the brothers and then they'll become kufar like you, well Woe to you your plan has failed woefully and Allah has exposed you. You became frustrated due to your ignorance, instead of seeking knowledge to clarify your doubts, you apostated.
You're still frustrated. smiley

Go take some chill.
Re: What Does Allah Mean By Calling Himself Al-Baari(The Evolver)? by najib632(m): 9:49pm On Mar 07, 2019
tintingz:
You're still frustrated. smiley

Go take some chill.
Hahahahaha, no son Go and think of how the world started regressing when Secularism came into the picture.
Re: What Does Allah Mean By Calling Himself Al-Baari(The Evolver)? by tintingz(m): 9:55pm On Mar 07, 2019
najib632:
Hahahahaha, no son Go and think of how the world started regressing when Secularism came into the picture.
Are you ready to address the op or not?
Re: What Does Allah Mean By Calling Himself Al-Baari(The Evolver)? by najib632(m): 10:20pm On Mar 07, 2019
tintingz:
Are you ready to address the op or not?
It has already been addressed you're just looking for an argument, which no one has the time for. Anytime some wants to talk about things that will expose the flaws of atheism, you say don't divert. Then how do you expect us to show you the truth when you're walking on the wrong path, you want the ball in your court so that you'll play us how you want.
Re: What Does Allah Mean By Calling Himself Al-Baari(The Evolver)? by tintingz(m): 1:21pm On Mar 10, 2019
najib632:
It has already been addressed you're just looking for an argument, which no one has the time for. Anytime some wants to talk about things that will expose the flaws of atheism, you say don't divert. Then how do you expect us to show you the truth when you're walking on the wrong path, you want the ball in your court so that you'll play us how you want.
Something has been addressed does not mean it has been logically answered, there might be some flaws that need to be addressed, so further questions are still valid.

And when you want to have a well logical argument, you don't divert from the premise. You can't be having argument A on ground and be countering the argument with argument Y, that's non sequitur and strawman argument, it doesn't make any logical sense.

Create your own thread and present your argument then we can have a well argument base on that.
Re: What Does Allah Mean By Calling Himself Al-Baari(The Evolver)? by Alhajiemeritus: 8:11am On Mar 11, 2019
tintingz:
Something has been addressed does not mean it has been logically answered, there might be some flaws that need to be addressed, so further questions are still valid.

And when you want to have a well logical argument, you don't divert from the premise. You can't be having argument A on ground and be countering the argument with argument Y, that's non sequitur and strawman argument, it doesn't make any logical sense.

Create your own thread and present your argument then we can have a well argument base on that.
Well, go through Al-bari's post again.
This time read very carefully and digest.
It's not hard to understand, it's simple English.
The Op has been addressed.
Re: What Does Allah Mean By Calling Himself Al-Baari(The Evolver)? by tintingz(m): 10:03am On Mar 11, 2019
Alhajiemeritus:

Well, go through Al-bari's post again.
This time read very carefully and digest.
It's not hard to understand, it's simple English.
The Op has been addressed.
Like I said I'm more interested in the word "Evolver".

I dropped two questions for Al-baqir, he should address it.

1 Like

Re: What Does Allah Mean By Calling Himself Al-Baari(The Evolver)? by aadoiza: 2:22pm On Mar 11, 2019
Ho hum!!!

(1) (Reply)

Arabel / Miracle: Coconut With Arabic Sign.. / Is Allaah A Supreme Being Or Not, Nezan Et Al Come Around

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.