Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:05 AM

I Need Your Opinion - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Your Opinion (438 Views)

Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion / My Marriage Is Being Tested. I Need Your Advice / I Dream Of Death Anytime I Quarrel With My Wife. I Need Your Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Opinion by HorizonB: 7:21pm On Mar 02, 2019
Hello nairalanders
i am in charge of a compound that has 3 apartments(or flats) and need your opinion on how to share the Nepa estimated bill. The first apartment has a single guy staying there, the second apartment has a family- husband,wife and kids and the third apartment has one man who comes weekends. Before now the compound had a prepaid meter which was stolen and at that time i excluded the man who comes weekends from paying bills cos i felt he came just weekends. So the single guy in apartment1 and the family in apartment2 shared the bill equally. The meter was stolen middle of last year and since then just apartment 1 and 2 still share the estimated bill. Now i want the guy in apartment 3 to start paying Nepa bill as i told him last year he will start paying this year. How should i share the bill? equally among the 3apartments or i should make apartment 2 with husband wife and kids pay more? Confused as i know Nepa does not hear whether you only stay for 8days when sharing estimated bill. Your opinions pls. Thanks
Re: I Need Your Opinion by dingbang(m): 7:24pm On Mar 02, 2019
The one who uses the electricity more should pay higher, it's not dependent on number of persons living in the apartment.

I can be living alone and consume electricity more than a family living next door due to the type of appliances I have.

If you still cant decide, then all three tenants should pay equally.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Your Opinion by Dada2010: 7:24pm On Mar 02, 2019
Estimated bill is now a crime I believe
Write to PHCN or the division handling your area for a replacement of the meter,
And paste the police report of the theft, letter to PHCN to notify them on your building

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Your Opinion by HorizonB: 7:32pm On Mar 02, 2019
dingbang:
The one who uses the electricity more should pay higher, it's not dependent on number of persons living in the apartment.

I can be living alone and consume electricity more than a family living next door due to the type of appliances I have.

If you still cant decide, then all three tenants should pay equally.

I have been to all 3 apartments and the things there shows the family use more electricity. The apartment 3 man has little things same with the single guy in apartment 1
Re: I Need Your Opinion by HorizonB: 7:36pm On Mar 02, 2019
Dada2010:
Estimated bill is now a crime I believe
Write to PHCN or the division handling your area for a replacement of the meter,
And paste the police report of the theft, letter to PHCN to notify them on your building

Wow seriously? I did not know that any weblink?. The meter was stolen last year and i reported to the police. It was the police report i took to Nepa to block the meter from being used. So the estimated billing started middle of last year
Re: I Need Your Opinion by donstan18: 7:41pm On Mar 02, 2019
Go to Nepa office and ask them.
Re: I Need Your Opinion by dingbang(m): 7:45pm On Mar 02, 2019
HorizonB:

I have been to all 3 apartments and the things there shows the family use more electricity. The apartment 3 man has little things same with the single guy in apartment 1
alright then split the bills according to usage.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Opinion by dayleke: 7:51pm On Mar 02, 2019
Na wa o
Re: I Need Your Opinion by dayleke: 7:52pm On Mar 02, 2019
I hope bad blood no go develop in this na.
Re: I Need Your Opinion by LadySarah: 1:15am On Mar 03, 2019
According to pts.

(1) (Reply)

GIFT YOUR HOME UNINTERRUPTED POWER SUPPLY THIS EASTER PERIOD -OPEN FOR FREE GIFT / A Female Roommate Is Needed In Awka, Close To Unizik Junction. / Which Person Best Defines You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.