Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion (29281 Views)

Nigerian Lady Seeks Advice On How To Stop Loving Her Husband / When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? / Do Women Really Love Their Children More Than Their Husbands? And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by Anumpama(m): 4:19pm On Apr 21, 2020
Dear nairalanders
This question have been bothering me for long
Is it good for parents to love one of their child more than one.

What is your view?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 21, 2020
The truth is, as long as our personalities differ as humans....Parent/parents will always love one child more than other/others.

What is not good is making it obvious to the extent that everyone including the sibling/siblings notice.

It's better to keep it to themselves and care equally for all the children.

375 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by ibkayee(f): 4:57pm On Apr 21, 2020
Is it 'good'? Well it's not ideal, but it probably happens more often than parents would like to admit and I don't think it's something you can always control.

The most important thing is that your children never actually know, don't make it evident. You do this by putting in EQUAL efforts into showing and providing them with love in their own (possibly very different), personal love languages. None of them should feel deprived of it compared to another

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by khaffi2(f): 5:04pm On Apr 21, 2020
Not good but happens quite alot. I think it's almost natural for every household. The best thing is every parent should try not to make it obvious so as not to breed jealousy among the children which can last a life time if care is not taken

38 Likes

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by DanseMacabre(m): 5:19pm On Apr 21, 2020
Funny enough no matter how much a parent tries to hide it, it is usually an open secret. At least favourite children always know. To take it further, most times each parent has their own favourite. cheesy

131 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 21, 2020
Hmmmm, we will always develop preferences as humans no matter how hard we try.

15 Likes

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by Yustash001(m): 5:28pm On Apr 21, 2020
Actually, there's nothing bad in it as it comes natural

However, it becomes bad when you start showing it and making the others feel they are less important...

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 21, 2020
Very bad.
It has destroyed relationships.
Bred hardened children.
Has killed so many siblings.

Wish parents can see what this is causing.

87 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by othermen: 7:45pm On Apr 21, 2020
The love a parent has for the child is unique. For the child, it is often good to inculcate a lot of responsibility and instill discipline. If indulgence is what a child is starved, it is not a denial of love. The treatment varies across gender and also the time lapse; and I believe it requires a lot of education to be a parent especially in the absence of good experience such as your own upbringing.

5 Likes

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by vickydankal(f): 7:45pm On Apr 21, 2020
Life events, child character etc could make a parent love a child more than another, but maturity demands you love them equally and give them equal right that they won’t notice who is more loved.

Else you will create a problem for yourself and the children in the future: my daddy didn’t show me love because I am a female. Abandoned us at the hospital, never allowed me in his car, didn’t pay my school fees etc until he died I can’t tell if I ever had a father .

21 Likes

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by babyfaceafrica: 7:45pm On Apr 21, 2020
While it's is human nature to fàvour one individual over the other... It is also nature to have sense. Parents who favour one child over the other are setting the stage for bitterness, greed and envy. I expect any reasonable parent to never publicly favour a child over the other one....by doing this you are already setting your family on fire... He that have sense, let them use it

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by olamide021: 7:45pm On Apr 21, 2020
That's true but they don't show it and what can cause this is due to some character that one child may showing. There are things that are beyond our control and I think showing love is one of it. No matter how harder u are trying not to make it obvious, it is not going to work most time. My people check on this EQUAL-RIGHT>>. The only thing I can say about this is that personality is a factor that contribute majorly to one child being loved and preferred over another. As a beneficiary of the highest love ratio from my own parents, I am always not comfortable with it. I just have to accept that it is not something I can change.

3 Likes

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:45pm On Apr 21, 2020
If you love the attitude of a child more, you better keep it to yourself

Appreciate them when they have done the right thing and reprimand them when they are in the wrong

Correct them with love cause every of your children definitely have your traits either from the husband or the wife

If you do otherwise, you are sowing a seed of discord and one day when you need to have them together, they will never be complete

Not that they died but they will always tell you to call on your favourite!!!

Mind you your favourite might not be around

There's nothing rewarding as seeing your children together in harmony, showing you love and respect and being there when you call on them!!!

This I must add is what is affecting Buhari till date!!!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by xreal: 7:45pm On Apr 21, 2020
Anumpama:
Dear nairalanders
This question have been bothering me for long
Is it good for parents to love one of their child more than one.

What is your view?

It is natural for a parent to have a favourite child among others.

The thing is, make sure other children don't suspect or know about your love for one.

Try to love them all equally.

3 Likes

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by ValCon888: 7:45pm On Apr 21, 2020
It is bad for a parent to love one child more than the other.
Even though sometimes it cannot be helped that a parent likes one more than the other, it is important for that parent not to show it openly as such can lead to grudges, discord, and disunity in the future.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by nautybride: 7:45pm On Apr 21, 2020
Wrong! It creates hatred between the children and it goes on to spread to their unborn children.
Children can never be the same, you just have to love each for who they are.
My friend has a boy and girl twin, both are brilliant. The boy works in the kitchen well and every other chore but the girl only Sabi book, always on point with grades. The girl hates chores. Which would you favour if you were their parents? Parents should learn to reduce favoritism.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by Sososo(f): 7:45pm On Apr 21, 2020
It's not just dangerous but dangerful.

8 Likes

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by daddytime(m): 7:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
Badder than bad when it becomes too obvious.

It causes resentment and hatred.

Tears a family apart.

3 Likes

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by Afam4eva(m): 7:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
It's one thing for parents to like one child more and it's an entirely different thing to make it obvious.

It's normal as humans to definitely prefer one person to the other. The reason you probably have a best friend is because you like that one more than other friends that you have,

2 Likes

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by money121(m): 7:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
Ok
Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
It is nature and it is normal
Just like you love one of your Brother/Sister than others.
Probably because he/she is understandable, generous, loving, etc.
Parents too do likewise, there must be a uniqueness in whom ever they love most. So again, it is normal and that is nature.

1 Like

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by 9jayes: 7:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
Yoruba proverb says "Omo toba shiwo lobie n gbe" can someone interpret it for me.

Btw, don't just stay at home doing nothing, you can make money with your smartphone, ask me how
Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by sammylee7: 7:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
Hello goodevening fellas, I'm Lee by name ND I'm an online businessman. With my experience with online businesses, have Come to discover how u can always make any online business pay you, no matter what.

Press my watsapp dm now, let me show u this latest one I'm currently working with.
With your little investment you can earn any amount u want. It all depends on how serious u are in the team.

I just need 10 genuine person in my team, nd trust me I'm fully ready to work with you to achieve financial success this lock down period.

Whatsapp : +2348104501976
Call: 07057394541
Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by GodloveTony: 7:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
Ok
Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by bezimo(m): 7:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
Na this thing make Joseph brothers nearly kill am.
Its very wrong for a parent to openly prefer one child to another..you may have your favourite child but you are not allowed to show it.

You should be fair on how you deal with them to prevent jealousy and envy spirit from brooding in them.

16 Likes

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by GboyegaD(m): 7:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
Dangerous. Not an ideal thing to do. It leads to resentment amongst siblings and except God helps, they may never be united in the future. Loving a child more than the other and showing it only leads to negative competition and distrusts among the children.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

OMG! Proud Mum-to-be Shows Off Her Pregnancy Stretch Marks / What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real / Is It The Responsibility Of A Man To Take Care Of His Wife's Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.