Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,148 members, 7,849,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:44 AM

Helicopter Crash: How Adeboye’s Prayers Saved Us - Osinbajo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Helicopter Crash: How Adeboye’s Prayers Saved Us - Osinbajo (12658 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili: Senator Ahmed Tinubu Could Have Saved Us This Embarrassment / How Adeboye And Tinubu's Secret Meeting At Redemption Camp Was Leaked / Nigeria At 60: We Have Cracks That May Break Us - Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Helicopter Crash: How Adeboye’s Prayers Saved Us - Osinbajo by nkem1992: 6:16pm On Mar 03, 2019
candlewax:
Prayers never saved anyone. We need a government that works not pray

Apologies to all faithfuls (christians especially), I don't mean to bring whatever or whoever you worship to ridicule. However when it has to with government everyone is involved irrespective of belief and as such we have to be more logical.

I hope this answers your mentions
very realistic
Re: Helicopter Crash: How Adeboye’s Prayers Saved Us - Osinbajo by Dokitadotun: 6:17pm On Mar 03, 2019
candlewax:

I don't understand how that works. I stay in my house and pray that my headache be healed instead of walking up to the fucccking pharmacy and getting an aspirin
With all sense of humility, this is my 11th year as a medical doctor, it is good to take your drugs as prescribed but don't forget the place of prayer.
Re: Helicopter Crash: How Adeboye’s Prayers Saved Us - Osinbajo by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 03, 2019
HigherEd:

A govt that works couldn't prevent 9/11 from happening.
A govt that works couldn't stop titanic from sinking.
A govt that works couldn't stop thousands from dying in the Fukushima Tsunami
A govt that works doesn't replace God

so in essence, you are saying prayer could have stopped that?

Prayer allowed the vice president's Plane Crash, so god could save the man and destroy the helicopter so that the vice president could testify and god stroke his ego for saving him?

Prayers couldnt save hundreds that perished in a church collapse in Akwa Ibom and synagogue

Anyway, in my post you quoted, I left a reply there for you. Please read all

2 Likes

Re: Helicopter Crash: How Adeboye’s Prayers Saved Us - Osinbajo by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 03, 2019
Dokitadotun:

With all sense of humility, this is my 11th year as a medical doctor, it is good to take your drugs as prescribed but don't forget the place of prayer.

You don't need to quote your profession to make sense that already shows you aren't sure of what you are saying. Do you know what I do for a living and yet I'm telling you what I feel. I'm open to your ideas anyway but don't tell me what you do that doesn't make it easy for you to win the argument.

Back to your post, one thing I see is that taking my drugs comes before prayer.

Thanks, we are on same page, the world need prayers, I do meditate too. We all need that quiet time and express our fears to that big brother out there, we all do. But first we gotta work, then pray...win win

1 Like

Re: Helicopter Crash: How Adeboye’s Prayers Saved Us - Osinbajo by HigherEd: 6:35pm On Mar 03, 2019
candlewax:

so in essence, you are saying prayer could have stopped that?

Prayer allowed the vice president's Plane Crash, so god could save the man and destroy the helicopter so that the vice president could testify and god stroke his ego for saving him?

Prayers couldnt save hundreds that perished in a church collapse in Akwa Ibom and synagogue

Anyway, in my post you quoted, I left a reply there for you. Please read all
Yea thank you. The bible even says that prophecy went forth about the imminent destruction of Paul's boat but God assured him of safety. So yes God can allow a crash to happen yet saving those he loves. But I don't expect you to understand...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Helicopter Crash: How Adeboye’s Prayers Saved Us - Osinbajo by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 03, 2019
HigherEd:

Yea thank you. The bible even says that prophecy went forth about the imminent destruction of Paul's boat but God assured him of safety. So yes God can allow a crash to happen yet saving those he loves. But I don't expect you to understand...

I wouldn't worship anything that will love some and hate some of its supposed creations. If I buy that then I'm suing him for creating me without my knowledge and then hating me afterwards. That's so unfair.

How are you sure he even loves you?

1 Like

Re: Helicopter Crash: How Adeboye’s Prayers Saved Us - Osinbajo by nanizle(m): 6:39pm On Mar 03, 2019
HigherEd:

A govt that works couldn't prevent 9/11 from happening.
A govt that works couldn't stop titanic from sinking.
A govt that works couldn't stop thousands from dying in the Fukushima Tsunami
A govt that works couldn't save Steve jobs from cancer.

A govt that works doesn't replace God

Accidents and natural disasters are a part of life. Prayer has nothing to do with anything. It's all in your head.

2 Likes

Re: Helicopter Crash: How Adeboye’s Prayers Saved Us - Osinbajo by Truefaith: 6:39pm On Mar 03, 2019
Can you see that that statement is against God?

God's glory, if there is any remembrance of any such thing, comes after Mr Adeoye's glory!

It is Adeboye's prayer, not God's mercy, that is credited for preventing Mr Osinbajo from dying during the crash!

Only godless people following godless pastors say such things.

Adeboye's prayer?

Hadn't Adeboye prayed on the hundred of thousands that have died in 'Redeemed' in the last five years?

https://www.thetruechristianfaith.com/2017/07/01/enoch-adeboye-the-fortune-teller/
Re: Helicopter Crash: How Adeboye’s Prayers Saved Us - Osinbajo by Oricha79(m): 6:40pm On Mar 03, 2019
candlewax:
Prayers never saved anyone. We need a government that works not pray

Apologies to all faithfuls (christians especially), I don't mean to bring whatever or whoever you worship to ridicule. However when it has to with government everyone is involved irrespective of belief and as such we have to be more logical.

I hope this answers your mentions
guy, with this your comment, you really make my day.

1 Like

Re: Helicopter Crash: How Adeboye’s Prayers Saved Us - Osinbajo by colestephan86: 6:55pm On Mar 03, 2019
nanizle:
What would that have said if he died?

Let me guess... "It was his time".

Dear VP, the helicopter crash has no connection with anything spiritual and the fact that you survived has no link with prayers.

We really need to stop ascribing physical occurrences to spirituality. Doing so has no benefit except to further enrich pastorpreneurs.

Religion does indeed dull ones sense of reasoning and VPs statements are truly disturbing.

Prayer!? Smh.
Ode re o. Oba awon oponu.
Re: Helicopter Crash: How Adeboye’s Prayers Saved Us - Osinbajo by colestephan86: 6:57pm On Mar 03, 2019
frankfrancis871:
sad

Frustrated idiotic old fool,

I Onyedika wish you a painful and shameful death! Tell the presidency I said so, product of a smellysperm and a SmellAnus!

Die a shameful, painful and disgusting death.
Don't be so hard on yourself, best believe that man is not the cause of your problems.
Re: Helicopter Crash: How Adeboye’s Prayers Saved Us - Osinbajo by Is04970: 7:09pm On Mar 03, 2019
Thank you Jesus.
Re: Helicopter Crash: How Adeboye’s Prayers Saved Us - Osinbajo by greaterlove001: 8:12pm On Mar 03, 2019
Thank you Jesus. We need leaders who can return glory to God.
Re: Helicopter Crash: How Adeboye’s Prayers Saved Us - Osinbajo by movetoca: 8:59pm On Mar 03, 2019
Here we go again with this motherfuckas. Adeboye that can't even pray for himself... GTFOH

1 Like

Re: Helicopter Crash: How Adeboye’s Prayers Saved Us - Osinbajo by phekima(m): 9:01pm On Mar 03, 2019
Lol. . . I just don't understand men at all.
If he died, they would say where was God when a Pastor crashed? Now that he didn't, it's God didn't have anything to do with it.
Say what you will, the whole intellectual dillydally just proves we do not know anything like we convince ourselves we do. We are all just repeating the same shared philosophies, and regurgitating them in our own limited ignorance.
It doesn't change a thing what we think, the truth will still remain what it is. The truth.
Re: Helicopter Crash: How Adeboye’s Prayers Saved Us - Osinbajo by Waxbest: 9:24pm On Mar 03, 2019
Thank God
Re: Helicopter Crash: How Adeboye’s Prayers Saved Us - Osinbajo by mechanics(m): 9:53pm On Mar 03, 2019
God is faithful and He protect His own.
Re: Helicopter Crash: How Adeboye’s Prayers Saved Us - Osinbajo by farem: 11:23pm On Mar 03, 2019
Richkid97:
Prayer is a total scam
...in your life, right? Amen!
Re: Helicopter Crash: How Adeboye’s Prayers Saved Us - Osinbajo by Richkid97(m): 11:45pm On Mar 03, 2019
farem:

...in your life, right? Amen!

Your brain is paining you

1 Like

Re: Helicopter Crash: How Adeboye’s Prayers Saved Us - Osinbajo by EmekaBlue(m): 1:04am On Mar 04, 2019
Indeed

Re: Helicopter Crash: How Adeboye’s Prayers Saved Us - Osinbajo by Nobody: 1:46am On Mar 04, 2019
God keep us all safe
Re: Helicopter Crash: How Adeboye’s Prayers Saved Us - Osinbajo by SyberKate(f): 2:47am On Mar 04, 2019
He should be thanking God for saving his life and not drawing too much attention to who prayed for him.

It now looks like the glory will be going to the MOG
Re: Helicopter Crash: How Adeboye’s Prayers Saved Us - Osinbajo by maisauki: 2:14pm On Mar 16, 2019
nanizle:
What would that have said if he died?

Let me guess... "It was his time".

Dear VP, the helicopter crash has no connection with anything spiritual and the fact that you survived has no link with prayers.

We really need to stop ascribing physical occurrences to spirituality. Doing so has no benefit except to further enrich pastorpreneurs.

Religion does indeed dull ones sense of reasoning and VPs statements are truly disturbing.

Prayer!? Smh.
1st, ur submisions ar wrong 4n dat d vp became vp tru d religious sys and turnin his bak against such means he s outta dat post. 2nd, u dont bite d finga dat feeds u-do u knw hw suportive adeboye is to d vp?
since u dont believe in spirituality, pls jus go to dat junction in ur vilage and proclaim it dia dat witches kant do u anythin.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Army's Bridge Construction Promise Will Unite Kuta, Ede Communities / Tinubu: Presidency About Ideas, Not Bricklaying Exercise - Omeiza Ajayi / EU Ambassador Visits Shettima And Lalong At Tinubu's Campaign Headquarters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.