Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies (63212 Views)

Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting / Tinubu Bans Seyi, His Son, Others From FEC Meeting / Tinubu Bans Political Groups In Lagos As War With Aregbesola Worsens Over 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by Kayus4real: 12:15pm On Mar 04, 2019
APC’s woeful outing in Ajimobi’s expected stronghold has prompted protests from party leaders, with Bola Tinubu, the National leader, now personally overseeing the campaigns in a desperate bid to prevent a potential surrendering of the governorship to the PDP.

Abiola Ajimobi, the outgoing Governor of Oyo State, can no longer attend governorship campaign events of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state, SaharaReporters understands.
Ajimobi lost his Oyo South Senatorial District bid to Dr. Kola Balogun of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), who polled 105,720 votes to Ajimobi’s 92,579 votes, meanwhile the other two senatorial slots were won by the APC. To worsen matters, of the five federal constituencies in Ajimobi’s Oyo South, APC won only one, while PDP has already won three and is set to claim the fourth when the election is concluded this weekend.

APC’s woeful outing in Ajimobi’s expected stronghold has prompted protests from party leaders, with Bola Tinubu, the National leader, now personally overseeing the campaigns in a desperate bid to prevent a potential surrendering of the governorship to the PDP. And one of what Tinubu has quickly done, apart from buying off Adebayo Alao-Akala’s candidature, is to ban Ajimobi from showing up at APC governorship campaign meetings involving Bayo Adelabu, the party’s candidate.

“The belief of Tinubu and other APC leaders is that it is Ajimobi that the people are angry with — not APC — therefore he should stay away from campaign activities,” an APC source very familiar with the development told SaharaReporters.
“The fear is that Ajimobi’s appearance at Adelabu’s campaign rallies will be damaging for the party. In fact, there is a jingle of the party begging the people, explaining that Ajimobi, not the party, is the fall guy. Since the presidential and national assembly elections, Adelabu has been campaigning on his own — without the Governor’s involvement.”

In the said jingle, listened to by SaharaReporters, APC “begged” all indigenes of the state in the name of God and in the names of prominent Yoruba sons such as Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, former Governor Bisi Akande and Tinubu. The party also mentioned President Muhammadu Buhari and Adams Oshiomhole as begging the people, and specifically censured Ajimobi for his pride in disrespecting the Olubadan of Ibadan, among many other offences.
With Alao-Akala’s withdrawal for Adelabu, Tinubu has already gained inroad into Ogbomosho, where the party could not campaign ahead of the February 23 elections.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/03/04/exclusive-tinubu-bans-ajimobi-appearing-apc-governorship-rallies?fbclid=IwAR2baeAWYZzorj18zsK0yRLLn-ZQUnAM4ccq5EFK3JXu7gzXt6AiS2ESNfc

12 Likes

Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by TheFreeOne: 12:20pm On Mar 04, 2019
Banning a sitting governor from rallies.

How can such be possible

123 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by ola6: 12:21pm On Mar 04, 2019
The Jagaban!!!! kiss

I didn't love him but now, this is who the Yoruba race needs!!! Awolowo version 2.0*

I don't know you but I love you my Jagaban. Just make sure you remain humble - least I forget, you bleeped up by not voting GEJ(another hero of mine) but all sins are forgiven.

138 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by Jilo83(m): 12:24pm On Mar 04, 2019
Exercise in futility. Seyi ni o seyi. PDP power! Its late already

112 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by TheFreeOne: 12:27pm On Mar 04, 2019
ola6:
The Jagaban!!!! kiss

I didn't love him but now, this is who the Yoruba race needs!!! Awolowo version 2.0*

I don't know you but I love you my Jagaban. Just make sure you remain humble - least I forget, you bleeped up by not voting GEJ(another hero of mine) but all sins are forgiven.

Please do not insult Awolowo.

Iku yato si orun.

268 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by freemanbubble: 12:36pm On Mar 04, 2019
I have this feeling that this tinubu wings would soon be clipped by a collabo of Buhari and elrufai

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by Thisis2raw(m): 12:37pm On Mar 04, 2019
Tinubu is becoming way to powerful for his own good.
Over time life has thought me that too much power leads straight to death e.g Pablo Escobar, Don wanny

85 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by Alexis11: 12:37pm On Mar 04, 2019
Lol... Better for APC in Oyo.

cool

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by cr7lomo: 12:37pm On Mar 04, 2019
Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by senatepresido: 12:37pm On Mar 04, 2019
PDP has shown more maturity than APC in so many ways...

APC members are always fighting themselves openly while PDP will always resolve any dispute amicably

81 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by Alexis11: 12:38pm On Mar 04, 2019
TheFreeOne:

Please do not insult Awolowo.

Iku yato si orun.

Not that you respected Awolowo in the first place. cool

22 Likes

Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by bettercreature(m): 12:38pm On Mar 04, 2019
Tinubu is very intelligent grin grin grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by datola: 12:38pm On Mar 04, 2019
Good for the arrogant and self acclaimed Mr constituted authority.

19 Likes

Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by TheFreeOne: 12:38pm On Mar 04, 2019
cr7lomo:
Nonsense

...and ingredients cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by fedora04: 12:38pm On Mar 04, 2019
Politics of USE AND DUMP

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by Mmlanrehh(m): 12:39pm On Mar 04, 2019
Both won't go in his favor retain 1 ND loss the other
Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by Raskasal(m): 12:40pm On Mar 04, 2019
TheFreeOne:

How can such be possible

An outgoing governor. To me its a good step to their party political ambition. Because he isn't no longer wanted by the people of OYO state

19 Likes

Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by KidsNEXTdoor: 12:40pm On Mar 04, 2019
This Thief nubu guy needs to have his wings clipped asap....

What is south west waiting for

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by Nairalandmentor(m): 12:40pm On Mar 04, 2019
cool
Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by noble71(m): 12:41pm On Mar 04, 2019
cheesy
Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by agbangam: 12:41pm On Mar 04, 2019
Constituted authority has been humbled..

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by gurunlocker: 12:41pm On Mar 04, 2019
Lol.... Avoiding the new movie in the cinema

Throwing stone chapter 2

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by johnkay1(m): 12:41pm On Mar 04, 2019
Tinubu Jagaban should be a course in political science department. TJ 402

18 Likes

Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by nelronaldo(m): 12:41pm On Mar 04, 2019
Desperate old man. Well anyone would go this far for his party. I just wish he can get the Saraki treatment.

Ajimobi own too much. Them suppose flog am after May 29th.

13 Likes

Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by mfm04622: 12:41pm On Mar 04, 2019
TheFreeOne:

How can such be possible

campaign is a party affair! Party can ban or invite whoever they want

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by freeze001(f): 12:41pm On Mar 04, 2019
Na wa for this master-servant politics some people dey play for some areas for Nigeria o! So one man will tell a sitting governor in his own state to stay away from campaigns and his word will be law? Yet the same party with almighty Tinubu's approval gave its ticket to that sitting/outgoing governor to contest as Senator knowing his many 'sins'? So if he had been declared winner, all would have been well? The people would no longer be seen to be angry with his person/the party? And these subjects/servants have no say? Is this really good politics?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by IvarTheBoneless: 12:42pm On Mar 04, 2019
ola6:
The Jagaban!!!! kiss

He is Awolowo 2.0 (closest person to the icon)

A nightmare to pigs worldwide.

[img]https://media1./images/b7d5f65367fd8f8c417f7cd897ca2192/tenor.gif[/img]

Nice move hiding the useless Ajimobi

PS- Some less educated folks read the story and still didn't get the message

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies by omoteacher(m): 12:44pm On Mar 04, 2019
shocked shocked shocked

Funnytricks so Ajimobi face is chasing potential voters away ? Oyo people really hate the constituted authority so much, never again for him. His face is not a selling point for the party.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wike To Back Tinubu For 2023 Presidency After Loss At PDP Primaries / List Of 46 Bills The Nigerian Senate Passed Yesterday / Buhari Returns, Lands In Kaduna, Choppered To Presidential Villa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.