Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,835 members, 7,824,476 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Nigeria: When Railways Aid Re-election Of A President - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: When Railways Aid Re-election Of A President (17146 Views)

First Railways Assembly Plant In Nigeria Near Commissioning In Kajola, Ogun / Who Was The President Of Nigeria When You Were Born? / I congratulate Amosun for losing the guber election of his political son -Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: When Railways Aid Re-election Of A President by richidinho(m): 7:17am On Mar 05, 2019
marv1:
That is wrong .
APC lost in Oyo because of the arrogant, and proud Governor just like ondo state too.
Close to two years now I knew APC would loose thise two states because of the way the governors were misbehaving.

Or is it PMB that asked Ajumobi to be insulting olubadan of Ibadan ?
Is it PMB that made him demolish the physically challenged popular Christian Singer Yinka Ayefele's radio house ??
APC lost in the state not because of APC but because of Ajumobi who lost his senatorial seat to PDP but the remaining two senatorial seats were won by APC..

Are you not the same person that said APC was going to sweep all south west states?
Re: Nigeria: When Railways Aid Re-election Of A President by id4sho(m): 7:17am On Mar 05, 2019
Jestin:
.....it is obvious ignorance runs in ur lineage. So other countries that have the speed trains have two heads I reside here in London, United Kingdom and at this jet age, Nigeria should be talking abt underground trains and the sea to sea trains
ODE,
London ni ,UK ko!
This project was mainly designed for freight and cargo movement. Are you saying there are no Diesel trains in the UK?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: When Railways Aid Re-election Of A President by sanpipita(m): 7:21am On Mar 05, 2019
Same railways that were started by PDP govt
Re: Nigeria: When Railways Aid Re-election Of A President by Jestin: 7:23am On Mar 05, 2019
id4sho:

ODE,
London ni ,UK ko!
This project was mainly designed for freight and cargo movement. Are you saying there are no Diesel trains in the UK?
...You need to leave your cave. Only then you will realize that while other countries are progressing, Nigeria is retrogressing
Re: Nigeria: When Railways Aid Re-election Of A President by Jestin: 7:28am On Mar 05, 2019
Base1line:
You expect Buhari to build speed train in 3 years but ok with PDP not building anything in 16 years lol you PDP Igbos are pathetic to say the least
...Oh now i kn where you are coming from...politics of hate. I am not an Igbo brother and i now see the reason why Amechi was mocking Nigeria in that video. We don’t appreciate sincerity.
Re: Nigeria: When Railways Aid Re-election Of A President by id4sho(m): 7:31am On Mar 05, 2019
Jestin:
...You need to leave your cave. Only then you will realize that while other countries are progressing, Nigeria is retrogressing
My dear Country you slowpoke called a cave. Slave indeed in a foreign land

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: When Railways Aid Re-election Of A President by Jestin: 7:36am On Mar 05, 2019
id4sho:

My dear Country you slowpoke called a cave. Slave indeed in a foreign land
..I will never call my country a cave but u probably sound like someone living in a cave in Nigeria. I will not respond to u again
Re: Nigeria: When Railways Aid Re-election Of A President by hisgrace090: 7:44am On Mar 05, 2019
dante0147:

Still on the blame game... ? Lol

Without bleming criminals no one will stop crime.

Criminals must be constantly blamed.
Re: Nigeria: When Railways Aid Re-election Of A President by id4sho(m): 7:50am On Mar 05, 2019
Jestin:
..I will never call my country a cave but u probably sound like someone living in a cave in Nigeria. I will not respond to u again
we need Diesel trains more than Electric speed trains now, are you not sick and tired of highly dilapidated highway roads we've got here. Forget about the speed trains, we need to set our priorities right that will take off freight and cargo off the Highways. Shalom

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: When Railways Aid Re-election Of A President by dante0147: 7:53am On Mar 05, 2019
hisgrace090:

Without bleming criminals no one will stop crime.

Criminals must be constantly blamed.

Lol.. Constantly blamed that the dullard buhari is still using to spoil our beloved country after re election again still PDP on the beat! Na real Wa!
Re: Nigeria: When Railways Aid Re-election Of A President by Ovamboland(m): 8:06am On Mar 05, 2019
Jestin:
.....it is obvious ignorance runs in ur lineage. So other countries that have the speed trains have two heads I reside here in London, United Kingdom and at this jet age, Nigeria should be talking abt underground trains and the sea to sea trains

What is the cost of bullet train or Maglev compared to the one we are building now?

The construction of Chūō Shinkansen line between Tokyo and Nagoya (and in future to Osaka) has started now. The cost is estimated at $51 billion for a distance of 286km [1]. A whopping $178 million per km to build. I don't know if this cost includes rolling stock. I presume it does, at least for the first few train sets. In contrast, the Hokuriku Shinkansen (construction began in Dec 2010) between Nagano and Kanazawa that has been constructed and will be open to public on 14 March 2015 costed $17.5 billion for a distance of 228 kms - approximately $76 million per km [2]. Adjusted to inflation of around 8% for 4 years, this might cost around $23.8 billion now, or approximately $104 million per km.

How much is the one we are building? Lagos Ibadan will cost $1.5 billion, mostly for 156 km. How much can we remove from our meager $27 billion national budget for these projects? When South Africa budget alone is $130 billion even Ghana is doing a tidy $14 for their small population. Can we afford to take a loan of $51 bn just to build a 280 km railway? How many years will we need to pay back and how many people can this serve? Even the loan of $8bn less 15% counterpart funding is already stretching our ability to pay back.

Many people just spill trash without thinking at all, you are living in UK so what?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: When Railways Aid Re-election Of A President by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 05, 2019
rentAcock:
I was a subcontractor for Julius Berger during the breaking ground of the Lagos badagry railway. It is true that Jonathan spearheaded this modern marvel, however it was Buhari's administration that provided most of the funding. It can be argued that the railway resulted in Buhari's reelection but we should not forget that in 1994 Rashidi Yekini became the first Nigerian player to score in the world cup tournament where we defeated Bulgaria 3-0.

What's the relationship between Yekini and GMB?
Re: Nigeria: When Railways Aid Re-election Of A President by Jestin: 8:20am On Mar 05, 2019
Ovamboland:

What is the cost of bullet train or Maglev compared to the one we are building now?

How much is the one we are building? Lagos Ibadan will cost $1.5 billion, mostly for 156 km. How much can we remove from our meager $27 billion national budget for these projects? When South Africa budget alone is $130 billion even Ghana is doing a tidy $14 for their small population. Can we afford to take a loan of $51 bn just to build a 280 km railway? How many years will we need to pay back and how many people can this serve? Even the loan of $8bn less 15% counterpart funding is already stretching our ability to pay back.

Many people just spill trash without thinking at all, you are living in UK so what?
....And you think we don’t have the resources needed to generate funds for those infrastructural development?? Who is richer between Ghana and Nigeria? Keep fooling urself
Re: Nigeria: When Railways Aid Re-election Of A President by Charly68: 8:25am On Mar 05, 2019
rottennaija:
Fix railway in this country and food prices drops dramatically
That is what we are saying !

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: When Railways Aid Re-election Of A President by InMyOpinion(m): 8:34am On Mar 05, 2019
Everyone claiming on Nairaland/social media they know whats best, condemning every move and every body, comparing Nigeria with every other country but alas, they dont even have a PVC- they cant vote. You need to be able to vote to earn a right to even complain. Keep fooling yourselves with all your nonsense analyses and comparison on Nairaland all ye 'ministers of social media affairs'.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: When Railways Aid Re-election Of A President by Dreew(f): 8:52am On Mar 05, 2019
mknigeriagreat:
He will. Everyone has his own weaknesses and faults but by now, even if you guys cant openly declare it, in your innermost mind, you all know that president Buhari is not a regular politician we have around. The way he does his own things are different. And back to your question, yes he will keep up the tempo. He doesnt do his things to gain political points or relevance, he does what an ideal leader should do for his citizens. Take it or leave it, PMB is in his own league.

He's in his own league, Jesus Christ! Do you know what Falana said about him yesterday on Channels TV? He said, "No politician alive around the world has the kind of luck Buhari has". That Buhari is unique, has crazy followership and doesn't roll with the political class. He was saying these with so much enthusiasm, I literally thought he was going to fall off his chair. He said if Atiku had won, he would have been flabbergasted.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: When Railways Aid Re-election Of A President by Rolings: 8:58am On Mar 05, 2019
Jestin:

Keep quiet you live in London so what? ....... you are really ignorant..... Underground railway is not a yardstick because underground railway system intra city exist mostly in UK for reasons best known to them.. Like the person you quoted said even in western world those old trains run alongside bullet trains.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: When Railways Aid Re-election Of A President by Lymasaba(m): 9:05am On Mar 05, 2019
richidinho:
Yet he lost in the state that benefit from railway, Oyo state

Keep deceiving yourself Op, even Buhari knows he never win that election
he lost u believe quickly.. He win u argue hypocrisy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: When Railways Aid Re-election Of A President by aliscomonaj: 9:24am On Mar 05, 2019
We still prefer it to not having any bro
Jestin:
Which railway?? Those coffins like looking trains we have in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: When Railways Aid Re-election Of A President by Afonja007: 9:34am On Mar 05, 2019
id4sho:

ODE,
London ni ,UK ko!
oga shut the fuuuck up, no diesel engine in Austria where I stay do you expect diesel in underground train
Re: Nigeria: When Railways Aid Re-election Of A President by Starboytwo(m): 9:36am On Mar 05, 2019
Truely PMB scored good ratings for the rail way....since he has been reelected, we might has well try move on, give him the support and demand for a better governance...
Re: Nigeria: When Railways Aid Re-election Of A President by id4sho(m): 9:41am On Mar 05, 2019
Afonja007:
oga shut the fuuuck up, no diesel engine in Austria where I stay do you expect diesel in underground train
see monkey, He said UK.
mind your business, ODE.
Re: Nigeria: When Railways Aid Re-election Of A President by id4sho(m): 9:46am On Mar 05, 2019
Afonja007:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurorunner
Awon developer
ODE
http://www.google.com/url?q=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D8qGIMSacAhY&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiz6OmRz-rgAhXII1AKHURFDEcQtwIwAXoECAcQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3dNC5aLBZy3gJxY-4xN15K
Useless foolish street drug peddler
Re: Nigeria: When Railways Aid Re-election Of A President by mknigeriagreat: 9:50am On Mar 05, 2019
Dreew:

He's in his own league, Jesus Christ! Do you know what Falana said about him yesterday on Channels TV? He said, "No politician alive around the world has the kind of luck Buhari has". That Buhari is unique, has crazy followership and doesn't roll with the political class. He was saying these with so much enthusiasm, I literally thought he was going to fall off his chair. He said if Atiku had won, he would have been flabbergasted.

Bro outside the respect I have for PMB as regards his integrity which is lacking in 99% of our politicians, there was a day my G.O who never speak about politics made a statement.

He said, he was in a trans(vision) and God spoke to him that Nigeria has missed it twice before. He mentioned two prominent former leaders that I can't remember but must be between MKO and either muritala or one other northern president. He said God told him if we miss it this time around(that was when PMB was terribly sick), we might not recover from it in decades. Three times we meet in church in a week. Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday and we made sure we prayed fervently for him in the three meetings for his full recovery. Thank God he is fine now, and I believe things will take proper shape this term. Love him or hate him, baba na baba and we that know his worth will keep appreciating and supporting him.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: When Railways Aid Re-election Of A President by Basdkg(m): 9:57am On Mar 05, 2019
NextLevel PMB
Re: Nigeria: When Railways Aid Re-election Of A President by Afonja007: 10:24am On Mar 05, 2019
[quote author=id4sho post=76364699]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurorunner
Awon developer
ODE
http://www.google.com/url?q=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D8qGIMSacAhY&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiz6OmRz-rgAhXII1AKHURFDEcQtwIwAXoECAcQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3dNC5aLBZy3gJxY-4xN15K
Useless foolish street drug peddler[/quote ewu Gambia there is no more diesel trane in Austria not to talk of London those that Nigeria bought are repainted used trane ,from Austria to Rome Italy is electric powerd trane, when i ask you people to travel and see nobody will listen only for you guys to stay in mushin or oshogbo and be shouting eko mega city eko mega slum
Re: Nigeria: When Railways Aid Re-election Of A President by CoolAmbience(m): 10:29am On Mar 05, 2019
richidinho:

Cry me a river....

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: When Railways Aid Re-election Of A President by CoolAmbience(m): 10:32am On Mar 05, 2019
Mosesm:

Ignorance is a disease, a terrible one. You need to travel out of your village dude. To you the bullet train is the standard in developed countries? Even in Germany, US South Africa etc those coaches run alongside the speed trains.

Don't mind the ignoramus. Perhaps he didn't see the coaches that conveyed the remains of the late President Bush (Snr) of the United States.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: When Railways Aid Re-election Of A President by CoolAmbience(m): 10:34am On Mar 05, 2019
Base1line:
You expect Buhari to build speed train in 3 years but ok with PDP not building anything in 16 years lol you PDP Igbos are pathetic to say the least

Don't mind the alien.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: When Railways Aid Re-election Of A President by Dreew(f): 10:44am On Mar 05, 2019
mknigeriagreat:

Bro outside the respect I have for PMB as regards his integrity which is lacking in 99% of our politicians, there was a day my G.O who never speak about politics made a statement.

I love and have great respect for him too. If ever I see him, I'd give him a tight hug. I call him my second daddy. Lol.

I believe it takes a special kind of intelligence to be able to see through and understand what President Buhari is capable of.

I'm proud to say I voted for him in 2015 as well.

I'm a lady though grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: When Railways Aid Re-election Of A President by adekolaelect(m): 12:29pm On Mar 05, 2019
richidinho:

people are talking abt the project that will develop the country you are here still talking abt the election .sorry election loses sindrum still dey disturbing you take heart .

Re: Nigeria: When Railways Aid Re-election Of A President by maasoap(m): 12:48pm On Mar 05, 2019
richidinho:

Of course, we all knew that he lost on Facebook. grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Arrives In Zamfara State For Presidential Campaign Rally / #occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released / Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.