Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,076 members, 7,818,220 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

That Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone Is Not As Safe As You Think, It's Hackable - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / That Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone Is Not As Safe As You Think, It's Hackable (2941 Views)

6 Best Phones With Under Display Fingerprint Sensor / A Smartphone With 5200mah, Fingerprint Sensor That Cost Just 23,000 Naira. / How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

That Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone Is Not As Safe As You Think, It's Hackable by okokoete(m): 1:46am On Mar 05, 2019
If you thought keeping your smartphone locked behind a fingerprint scanner would keep it secure, it may not be as stranger-proof as you thought. Researchers have found that with an inkjet printer and some special ink and paper, anyone can hack into your phone in 15 minutes or less.

Researchers Kai Cao and Anil Jain of Michigan State University have come up with a method to get through smartphones’ fingerprint scanners by scanning a fingerprint at 300 dpi and printing it on conductive AgIC paper with conductive silver ink.

https://www.technohepsco.com/2019/03/that-fingerprint-sensor-on-your-phone.html

Re: That Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone Is Not As Safe As You Think, It's Hackable by HabaHaba: 5:40am On Mar 05, 2019
Wow! That's why I still dey fear to use fingerprint lock for my phone. My wife fit just carry my hand scan the phone while I dey sleep. Instead I prefer the face scanner/lock. Its more deceptive & secure.

Well, technology is improving though. Multiple level security is better.

5 Likes

Re: That Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone Is Not As Safe As You Think, It's Hackable by Nobody: 6:58am On Mar 05, 2019
HabaHaba:
Wow! That's why I still dey fear to use fingerprint lock for my phone. My wife fit just carry my hand scan the phone while I dey sleep. Instead I prefer the face scanner/lock. Its more deceptive & secure.

Oga no reason am ooo, she can scan your face while sleeping to. Your eyes does not really have to be open.

13 Likes

Re: That Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone Is Not As Safe As You Think, It's Hackable by HabaHaba: 8:37am On Mar 05, 2019
fruqsy:

Oga no reason am ooo, she can scan your face while sleeping to. Your eyes does not really have to be open.
Hahahhaha. Na soo
Re: That Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone Is Not As Safe As You Think, It's Hackable by walex1991(m): 9:19am On Mar 05, 2019
That's why the alphanumeric mode is the best. But last last all is hackable

1 Like 1 Share

Re: That Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone Is Not As Safe As You Think, It's Hackable by seunfly: 10:43am On Mar 05, 2019
Which ever way no where to hide.

fruqsy:

1 Like

Re: That Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone Is Not As Safe As You Think, It's Hackable by Ay04z(m): 10:49am On Mar 05, 2019
Use pin and fingerprint. And be save. Change it weekly lol.
Re: That Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone Is Not As Safe As You Think, It's Hackable by FatherCHRISTMAS: 11:39am On Mar 05, 2019
Ay04z:
Use pin and fingerprint. And be save. Change it weekly lol.
don't worry. I keep telling my girl, "if you checking my phone when am not there, you will find what you are looking for".
Re: That Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone Is Not As Safe As You Think, It's Hackable by junlug: 11:48am On Mar 05, 2019
wonders will never end

cry

BECOME THE DIGITAL MARKETER EMPLOYERS AND CLIENTS WANT TO HIRE COMPLETE THIS 2019 IN 4 WEEKS

Are you a Business Owner, Business Consultant or Marketing Manager/Executive or want take up career in Digital Media Marketing and looking for powerful, yet cost-effective marketing options to help increase your business sales, meet marketing target and explore the online marketing community?
Then Attend this powerful 3 weeks Digital Marketing Training

Digital Marketers are in high demand. So get onboard the practical training that helps you open up a world of opportunities in Digital Marketing

AREAS TO BE COVERED IN THIS INTENSIVE TRAINING

The Breakdown of Curriculum that covers EVERYTHING you would practically learn during the training period can be obtained on the website link in banner or better still reach our customer care to request for curriculum sent to you via email

FEES: N35,000 - DISCOUNT FOR EARLY PAYMENT
N38,000 - PAYMENT ON TRAINING DAY

DATE: MARCH 20, 2019

PERIOD: 4 Weeks Marathon Training

CERTIFICATION: Certificates issued At End of Training at a little extra cost

VENUE: ASOKORO AND LIFE CAMP CENTERS

REQUIRED: Just Your Laptop and passion for Digital Media

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: If you are in Abuja and you want to partner with us. Kindly reach us ASAP. PORT HARCOURT AND IBADAN COMING SOON!

cry

Re: That Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone Is Not As Safe As You Think, It's Hackable by Feranmi2000: 11:52am On Mar 05, 2019
*BRAND NEW MINI HP DETACHABLE LAPTOP* *85K* FOR SALE!!! DM 08165683795 on WhatsApp
Re: That Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone Is Not As Safe As You Think, It's Hackable by Abigalbee98(f): 12:12pm On Mar 05, 2019
HabaHaba:

I laff in Spanish.... You dey fear make ur wife no go search ur phone...u do hidden thing....

1 Like

Re: That Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone Is Not As Safe As You Think, It's Hackable by BetPro122(m): 12:55pm On Mar 05, 2019
You see why i'm still using Nokia torchlite
Re: That Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone Is Not As Safe As You Think, It's Hackable by Ay04z(m): 2:48pm On Mar 05, 2019
FatherCHRISTMAS:
don't worry. I keep telling my girl, "if you checking my phone when am not there, you will find what you are looking for".
abi nah. i don't check my gf phone. At all. So i wount die of high blood pressure or heart attack. So she got no right to check mine too. But dey re so eager to read ur chat. shocked
Re: That Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone Is Not As Safe As You Think, It's Hackable by yanabasee(m): 3:00pm On Mar 05, 2019
Thank God, I'm still using BlackBerry Curve4....
Re: That Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone Is Not As Safe As You Think, It's Hackable by ollah2: 3:46pm On Mar 05, 2019
HabaHaba:

lol, on your Samsung phones, you can easily disable bio-metric authentication in situations like that. Btw, wetin u dey fear show your wife

1 Like

Re: That Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone Is Not As Safe As You Think, It's Hackable by HabaHaba: 3:52pm On Mar 05, 2019
ollah2:

lol, on your Samsung phones, you can easily disable bio-metric authentication in situations like that. Btw, wetin u dey fear show your wife

HHahhaha. Haba, every one must have a skeleton in his cup board.
Haba, can't I hide my ATM PIN from her?
Re: That Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone Is Not As Safe As You Think, It's Hackable by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 05, 2019
HabaHaba:

Lol.
On stock android (pie), there's an option to put your phone on "lockdown" .

When you toggle it,You can only unlock via pin or password as the case may be.

1 Like

Re: That Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone Is Not As Safe As You Think, It's Hackable by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 05, 2019
I prefer inputting passwords rather than fingerprint
Re: That Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone Is Not As Safe As You Think, It's Hackable by OnyesomJ(m): 6:06pm On Mar 05, 2019
I Use My Baby hand to Unlock my Phone � �

(1) (Reply)

19k For Redmi 4 16gb ROM 2gb RAM / Meet The World's Cheapest Laptop / Mavin Boss Don Jazzy Launches Free Wifi In Lagos (see Full List Of Coverage Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.