Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Flawless (romantic And Funny Story) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Flawless (romantic And Funny Story) (7845 Views)

Unbelievable(a Romantic And Heart Touching Story) / RATIONALLY CHOOSEN, (romantic And Heart Touching Stories) / The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flawless (romantic And Funny Story) by OlufemiWhit(m): 6:55am On Mar 22, 2019
Keep it coming
Re: Flawless (romantic And Funny Story) by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 25, 2019
Episode 10

(2 days later)

(Inside a restaurant in Lagos)

It’s been quite a hectic day at work, and Lanre could barely wait for his shift to end. One look at him, and it was evident that he was struggling to keep his eyelids open.

“Almost time,” He reminded himself as he attended to one of the patrons.

Danny was sitting at a table at the far end of the restaurant with a hat on his head. He had adjusted the hat in such a way that it partially concealed his face. He wasn’t quite confident in his disguise just yet. The fake moustache he had on his face, and his supposedly bald head does make him look different but he doesn’t want to take any chances just yet. It would be a real shame if someone should spot him now. All his efforts would have been in vain.

Danny, now had his eyes set on the target. His gaze slowly wandered on the waiter who was walking over to one of the tables to deliver their orders.

“It’s been almost a decade, and Lanre hasn’t changed a bit.” Danny thought to himself.

Although, he has grown a few inches taller and added some extra weight but other than that he’s still the same, Barrister Larry. Danny smiled to himself as he remembered how Lanre got that nickname back in their secondary school days. Lanre was one of the most brilliant kids in school. He always came out with the best grades in every examination. During their final year at school, Larry made it known to everyone, and anyone who would care to listen that, he was going to go on and become one of the most renowned barrister of the law that this country has ever witnessed. Lanre was always full of life and so much confidence that no one ever doubted that he’ll be anything short of his expectations.

Danny sighed softly as he gazed at his former best friend and mentor in a waiter’s robe. “How has education failed you, Larry?”

“What would you like to order this evening?” Larry asked, trying to muster a smile, despite his tired state.

Danny cleared his throat and said. “I’m still yet to make up my mind on either semo or fried rice.”

“Why not have both?” Larry said impatiently.

Danny was silent for a while before saying. “Ah, a fine suggestion but I’d rather not experiment with my digestive system tonight.” He was switching between a British and an Ibo accent. He still hasn’t made up his mind on which one to settle for. “I’ll have a single serving of fried rice and chicken. Make sure the chicken is very soft and tender, my incisors are not that strong.”

“Alright, anything else?” Lanre asked.

“What?”

“Will you like to have something to drink?” Lanre asked.

“Oh, yes. Malt will be great.” Daniel said, resisting the urge to pull off his guise and draw his friend in for a hug.

“Alright then.” Lanre said and then he turned to leave. Soon enough, he returned with Daniel’s orders and laid it out on the table.

Daniel cleared his throat as he reaches into his coat’s inner pocket and withdrew a wad of cash. He looked over at Lanre and handed him the money. “Keep the change.” He said.

“Oh my!” Lanre exclaimed with joy. “Thank you so much.” He said.

“Not a problem. I felt you deserve the money after all the stress you’ve been going through all day.” Danny said.

“Well, that’s very generous of you.” Larry said, now beaming with smile, and then he suddenly leaned in closer to Daniel before whispering. “Don’t look now but this huge guy sitting at the table a few feet away has been staring at you for some time now.”

“Who is he?” Daniel asked, following Larry’s instruction of not looking back.

“Hold on,” Lanre said, and then he withdrew his phone and stylishly took a picture of the man, while pretending as if he was showing something to Daniel on the phone. “Here, do you know him?” He asked in a low tone, as he showed the picture to Daniel.

“No,” Daniel shook his head sideways.

“I really think you should be extra careful when you’re bringing out money around here, there are lots of hoodlums around.” Lanre advised.

“I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks for the heads up.” Daniel said.

“I’m the one who should be thanking you, this money will really help me out a lot.” Lanre said gratefully before walking away to resume his duty.

Once Lanre was out of sight, Daniel got off his seat and walked out of the restaurant. Almost immediately, the strange, huge guy that has been staring at him exits after him………
Re: Flawless (romantic And Funny Story) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 25, 2019
nice update bro.....pls try to post on time...e no easy thanks man
Re: Flawless (romantic And Funny Story) by Nobody: 12:19am On Mar 27, 2019
Episode 11

It was the first night in many that Lanre was getting off work with a genuine smile on his face, and it was all thanks to that stranger who handed him a huge tip.

In order to save money, Lanre would normally walk the distance from the restaurant back home, but it was a little too late and since he had some cash to spare, he felt he might as well hail a bike.

Lanre was standing by the roadside when a white lexus car pulled up next to him, the backseat’s window rolled down and a man stuck his head out to greet him.

“Hey buddy,” The man greeted.

“Hy…” Lanre replied casually. At a closer look, he noticed that it was the strange customer he met earlier…..the man who gave him a huge tip. He recognized him from his dressing and weird accent. Lanre’s demeanor changed as soon as he noticed and then he smiled. “Oh, hey there. Nice to meet you again sir.”

“Need a ride? Come on in.” The man offered.

“No thanks. My house is just a stone throw away from here.” Lanre said as politely as he could, before he started walking away. Tip or no tip, he would be damned if he were to enter a stranger’s car at this time of the night.

Lanre had only walked a few distances ahead before the car pulled up next to him again. Once again, the window rolled down and the man stuck his head out. “Don’t be shy my friend. Hop in.” He offered.

“Hopper ni. I said I’m not going. Na by force?” Lanre snarled. He was starting to get frustrated. Every bone in his body was telling him to turn around and make a run for it. He turned around to start walking in the opposite direction but he was in for a shocker. A man was now standing in his way. It was the huge, bulky guy he saw earlier. The one he was warning the customer about. “So, they’re in this together?” He thought to himself.

“Get in.” The bulky man ordered. His voice was strong and deep.

Now standing this close to the man, Lanre realized that he’s a lot bigger than he assumed. The street was dark and almost empty and only a few cars were passing at this time. Lanre thought about making a run for it, but what if this guy has a gun. He certainly doesn’t want to get shot by acting foolishly.

“Get in.” The man repeated impatiently.

Lanre could not think of a better option and thus, he decided to succumb to his fate. “I can’t believe I’m being kidnapped in Lagos.” Lanre thought to himself as he gets into the back seat.

“I can’t believe I’m kidnapping someone.” Danny thought to himself, as he smiled sheepishly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flawless (romantic And Funny Story) by skubido(m): 3:44am On Mar 27, 2019
Tanks for the update,
Re: Flawless (romantic And Funny Story) by Ayanfe29(f): 5:56am On Mar 27, 2019
Thanks for the update but it's too short o
Re: Flawless (romantic And Funny Story) by Evold: 11:45am On Mar 27, 2019
Danny is now a kidnapper lol
Re: Flawless (romantic And Funny Story) by Nobody: 1:43am On Mar 28, 2019
Episode 12

Lanre couldn’t tell how far they had driven, it seemed almost like an eternity since he entered into the car. He was sitting next to Daniel in the backseat, while the big muscle guy was sitting upfront, next to the driver. They’ve been driving in utter silence still and the lack of conversation was just increasing Lanre’s level of anxiety as he contemplated jumping out of the moving vehicle.

Finally, the car came to a stop and Daniel spoke up. “Leave us.” He ordered, and both the driver and the muscle man got out of the car to give Daniel and Lanre some privacy.

“Please don’t kill me.” Lanre pleaded immediately they were alone.

Daniel looked at him intently for a moment before speaking up. “Do you know why I’m doing this?” He asked.

“I don’t know, just please let me go. Okay, I get it, you want your money back, here take it just please let me live.” Lanre pleaded as he handed the money back to Daniel.

Daniel took the money and puts it in his pocket and then he blurted. “That’s not why I’m doing this.” He was still struggling between his choices of accent and now he sounded more like T’Challa from the Black Panther series. Years of vocal chords training has made him really good at voice acting.

“Then why?” Lanre asked anxiously.

“This is not about the money, it’s about the chicken.” Daniel said, he was now stuck on the T’Challa accent.

“The what?” Lanre asked with a confused expression on his face. After all, it’s not every day that a man get’s kidnap because of fried chicken.

“I told you I wanted the chicken to be soft and tender but it was as hard as a pebble.” Danny said.

“I’m so sorry,” Lanre begged off. “I’m not the one making the meals. The hen was probably still a virgin. Virgin hens are always so hard. It wasn’t my fault, please.”

Danny couldn’t believe his ears and he bursts out laughing. “I thought you were a barrister, what do you know about hens?” Daniel asked. This he said in his normal accent.

“How did you know?” Lanre asked. It’s been years since anyone had referred to him as a barrister. His body became a little less tensed as he noticed some familiarity in the voice.

“Because it’s your old buddy, Daniel. You probably know me as Danny Prince these days.” Daniel said, and then he pulled off his fake moustache. He winced a little bit from the pain as he pulled.

“No way!” Lanre gasped. He couldn’t believe his eyes and ears.

“How do you like my new look?” Daniel asked as he lifts his hat to reveal his clean shaved head.

It took a few moments but Lanre finally saw the resemblance. “Oh my god! Daniel? What the Bleep? What in the blue hell? What is going on? Am I hallucinating? What is….Am i……” Lanre was lost for words. “For the sake of all that is holy and good, please explain what the Bleep is going on here.” His heart was pounding fast in his chest.

“We’re shooting a live video. There is a camera right there, there and there.” Daniel said as he points to some areas in the front seat.

“For real?” Lanre asked with a gape mouth and wide eyes as he looks around, trying to spot the cameras.

“No, of course not. There are no cameras. I’m just kidding. It’s just you and me in here.” Daniel said with a warm smile on his face.

“Okay but I don’t understand. What are you doing here? I mean it’s been almost 12 years since I last saw you in person ever since you became a mega superstar.” Lanre said, he was still struggling to believe that any of this is real. A moment ago, he felt he was been kidnapped and now he’s talking to one of the biggest hip-hop artists in Africa…..it all felt so surreal.

“I know, I know. It’s been a long time, and I’m sorry. I’ve been so busy; I never really had time to catch up with some old friends, which is why I’m here. I thought I’d pay you a special visit after all this years.”

“Hold on, wait…how did you even find me?” Lanre asked. It was all a bit too much for him to take in.

“It was actually very easy. Y’all post everything on social media these days. You see that big guy outside? His name’s Oscar. He’s my bodyguard. He’s been keeping an eye on you for a while now.”

“W—wait, what? I mean why? Why would you go through all this trouble just to find me when all you could have done is offer me a VIP ticket to one of your concerts and I would have been there? And what’s with the fake moustache and the weird accents and the whole kidnapping shit?” Lanre wasn’t sure which question to start with so he just blurted them all out.

“I already told you, I just wanted to meet you again.” Daniel said.

“Listen, as much as I would love to believe that I now have a celebrity friend, who is interested in hanging out with me. I’m finding it very hard to accept the fact that you did all this just because of me.”

“Fine. You got me,” Daniel said as he heaves a sigh. “I didn’t come here just because I wanted to see you again. The real reason why I’m here is because I’m in a serious dilemma and I really need your help.”

“Hold on. Time out. Allow me to get this straight,” Lanre began as he tries to wrap his mind around what was happening. “You need my help?…..You?? Danny Prince?? What help can a man like me, offer someone like you, explain it to me cause I’ll really like to know.”

“It’s hard for me to explain right now. It’s a bit complicated. We’ll go into the details later. All you need to know for now is that this is a very serious issue. Now, will you help me out?” Daniel asked.

Lanre paused for a while as if considering his options before finally shaking his head sideways. “No. I can’t.” He said plainly. “I’m sorry but all this just seem a bit too much and far too strange for me. I mean, I can’t understand why you are wearing a disguise and why you have to kidnap me here just so we can have a conversation. This is just freaking me out right now, if I’m going to be honest with you. I’m a very simple guy. I try my best to avoid any form of trouble and this just has trouble written all over it. I’m still trying to get my life together, and I can’t afford to get myself involved in any messy situation that can ruin that. So, you can count me out on whatever this is.” He explained. He hasn’t met Daniel in over a decade and he wasn’t sure if he can still trust this man who just came waltzing back into his life. This just looks suspicious.

“Trust me you’re not going to get into any kind of trouble.” Danny reassured but Lanre wasn’t convinced and he appears to have made up his mind . “You won’t be doing this for free either. I’m willing to pay you for your help.” Danny added.

“How much do you want to pay that would be worth my integrity?” Lanre asked, showing no interest in the offer.

“What if I give you 10 million naira? Trust me you won’t be getting into any trouble.” Daniel explained .

Lanre readjusts on his seat and cleared his throat.“I’ll do it.” He said. “Whatever it is, I’ll help you. Not because of the money but for old times sake.” He added.

“Thanks, I appreciate you doing this for me.” Daniel said.

“We’re not murdering someone, are we?” Lanre asked.

“Not at all. We’re simply trying to find someone, that’s what it is.” Daniel said.

“Who is it?”

1 Like

Re: Flawless (romantic And Funny Story) by bizza45: 8:25am On Mar 28, 2019
i do enjoy ur updates!!! looking forward to read more from u
Re: Flawless (romantic And Funny Story) by skubido(m): 8:17am On Apr 01, 2019
Tanks for the update
Re: Flawless (romantic And Funny Story) by Ann2012(f): 8:20pm On Apr 01, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Flawless (romantic And Funny Story) by bizza45: 10:11pm On May 11, 2019
Lesky3:
Episode 12

Lanre couldn’t tell how far they had driven, it seemed almost like an eternity since he entered into the car. He was sitting next to Daniel in the backseat, while the big muscle guy was sitting upfront, next to the driver. They’ve been driving in utter silence still and the lack of conversation was just increasing Lanre’s level of anxiety as he contemplated jumping out of the moving vehicle.

Finally, the car came to a stop and Daniel spoke up. “Leave us.” He ordered, and both the driver and the muscle man got out of the car to give Daniel and Lanre some privacy.

“Please don’t kill me.” Lanre pleaded immediately they were alone.

Daniel looked at him intently for a moment before speaking up. “Do you know why I’m doing this?” He asked.

“I don’t know, just please let me go. Okay, I get it, you want your money back, here take it just please let me live.” Lanre pleaded as he handed the money back to Daniel.

Daniel took the money and puts it in his pocket and then he blurted. “That’s not why I’m doing this.” He was still struggling between his choices of accent and now he sounded more like T’Challa from the Black Panther series. Years of vocal chords training has made him really good at voice acting.

“Then why?” Lanre asked anxiously.

“This is not about the money, it’s about the chicken.” Daniel said, he was now stuck on the T’Challa accent.

“The what?” Lanre asked with a confused expression on his face. After all, it’s not every day that a man get’s kidnap because of fried chicken.

“I told you I wanted the chicken to be soft and tender but it was as hard as a pebble.” Danny said.

“I’m so sorry,” Lanre begged off. “I’m not the one making the meals. The hen was probably still a virgin. Virgin hens are always so hard. It wasn’t my fault, please.”

Danny couldn’t believe his ears and he bursts out laughing. “I thought you were a barrister, what do you know about hens?” Daniel asked. This he said in his normal accent.

“How did you know?” Lanre asked. It’s been years since anyone had referred to him as a barrister. His body became a little less tensed as he noticed some familiarity in the voice.

“Because it’s your old buddy, Daniel. You probably know me as Danny Prince these days.” Daniel said, and then he pulled off his fake moustache. He winced a little bit from the pain as he pulled.

“No way!” Lanre gasped. He couldn’t believe his eyes and ears.

“How do you like my new look?” Daniel asked as he lifts his hat to reveal his clean shaved head.

It took a few moments but Lanre finally saw the resemblance. “Oh my god! Daniel? What the Bleep? What in the blue hell? What is going on? Am I hallucinating? What is….Am i……” Lanre was lost for words. “For the sake of all that is holy and good, please explain what the Bleep is going on here.” His heart was pounding fast in his chest.

“We’re shooting a live video. There is a camera right there, there and there.” Daniel said as he points to some areas in the front seat.

“For real?” Lanre asked with a gape mouth and wide eyes as he looks around, trying to spot the cameras.

“No, of course not. There are no cameras. I’m just kidding. It’s just you and me in here.” Daniel said with a warm smile on his face.

“Okay but I don’t understand. What are you doing here? I mean it’s been almost 12 years since I last saw you in person ever since you became a mega superstar.” Lanre said, he was still struggling to believe that any of this is real. A moment ago, he felt he was been kidnapped and now he’s talking to one of the biggest hip-hop artists in Africa…..it all felt so surreal.

“I know, I know. It’s been a long time, and I’m sorry. I’ve been so busy; I never really had time to catch up with some old friends, which is why I’m here. I thought I’d pay you a special visit after all this years.”

“Hold on, wait…how did you even find me?” Lanre asked. It was all a bit too much for him to take in.

“It was actually very easy. Y’all post everything on social media these days. You see that big guy outside? His name’s Oscar. He’s my bodyguard. He’s been keeping an eye on you for a while now.”

“W—wait, what? I mean why? Why would you go through all this trouble just to find me when all you could have done is offer me a VIP ticket to one of your concerts and I would have been there? And what’s with the fake moustache and the weird accents and the whole kidnapping shit?” Lanre wasn’t sure which question to start with so he just blurted them all out.

“I already told you, I just wanted to meet you again.” Daniel said.

“Listen, as much as I would love to believe that I now have a celebrity friend, who is interested in hanging out with me. I’m finding it very hard to accept the fact that you did all this just because of me.”

“Fine. You got me,” Daniel said as he heaves a sigh. “I didn’t come here just because I wanted to see you again. The real reason why I’m here is because I’m in a serious dilemma and I really need your help.”

“Hold on. Time out. Allow me to get this straight,” Lanre began as he tries to wrap his mind around what was happening. “You need my help?…..You?? Danny Prince?? What help can a man like me, offer someone like you, explain it to me cause I’ll really like to know.”
Lanre paused for a while as if considering his options before finally shaking his head sideways. “No. I can’t.” He said plainly. “I’m sorry but all this just seem a bit too much and far too strange for me. I mean, I can’t understand why you are wearing a disguise and why you have to kidnap me here just so we can have a conversation. This is just freaking me out right now, if I’m going to be honest with you. I’m a very simple guy. I try my best to avoid any form of trouble and this just has trouble written all over it. I’m still trying to get my life together, and I can’t afford to get myself involved in any messy situation that can ruin that. So, you can count me out on whatever this is.” He explained. He hasn’t met Daniel in over a decade and he wasn’t sure if he can still trust this man who just came waltzing back into his life. This just look
“How much do you want to pay that would be worth my integrity?” Lanre asked, showing no interest in the offer.

“What if I give you 10 million naira? Trust me you won’t be getting into any trouble.” Daniel explained .

Lanre readjusts on his seat and cleared his throat.“I’ll do it.” He said. “Whatever it is, I’ll help you. Not because of the money but for old times sake.” He added.

“Thanks, I appreciate you doing this for me.” Daniel said
“Not at all. We’re simply trying to find someone, that’s what it is.” Daniel said.

“Who is it?”

lesky if u know say u no go complete this story, u for no start am.. which kin wahala b this... abi u wan make we use our imagination take complete am ... i no like this kin of rough play o, i quoted this stuff b/c i know u do cum online always and also u ain't running out of ideas ... even if am not paying u for this , u shouldn't treat your readers like this when u know that your stories are dope

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? / Take Me As I Am --- The Trailer / Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - The First - Episode 148/overcome The Fear Of Succ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 266
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.