Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,572 members, 7,847,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:02 PM

How Do You Sponsor A Bill To Your State House Of Assembly? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Do You Sponsor A Bill To Your State House Of Assembly? (1823 Views)

Rivers: PDP National HQ Throws Its Weight Behind 27-Member House Of Assembly / Akan Imoh, 27-Year-Old Contesting For Lagos State House Of Assembly. Pics / Ekiti House Of Assembly Holds Sittings At The Foot Of Ado-Ekiti Flyover (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Sponsor A Bill To Your State House Of Assembly? by dfrost: 1:47am On Mar 07, 2019
R2bees:
Damn!! Who is this guy??

That's uncle naptu2 for you. Our own Nairaland uncle. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Sponsor A Bill To Your State House Of Assembly? by dfrost: 1:50am On Mar 07, 2019
Ishilove:

I love you.

*clears throat*

I sha didn't say anything. wink smiley grin cheesy
Re: How Do You Sponsor A Bill To Your State House Of Assembly? by chloride6: 9:32am On Mar 07, 2019
Thank you all.

I will continue to update this thread with my activities on this issue.
Re: How Do You Sponsor A Bill To Your State House Of Assembly? by mfm04622: 9:20pm On Mar 08, 2019
naptu2:
I see that an unnecessary argument is brewing.

Lasepa does not immediately seal the premises of defaulters. It warns and advises them.

The fact that a person does not want to sleep in heat does not mean that he should prevent his neighbour from sleeping due to the noise of his generator. There are things that can be done if people are considerate.

The person that owns the generator can have it soundproofed, like the commissioner did, or he can change the location of the generator, so that he can still use his generator without disturbing his neighbour.

Noise pollution has very serious consequences. One of the things that the commissioner talked about in that Sunrise Daily interview was the fact that they tested school kids in Lagos and a high percentage of them had one form of hearing impairment or the other and one of the causes was the high level of noise pollution in Lagos.

There are also old people (like the 79 year old woman that sued Redeemed Church), people with hypertension and people who are ill who very much need a good night's sleep, but are unable to get a good night's sleep because of noise pollution. That's why there is a law in place to tackle the problem.

You left out the most important! Many hospitals have to move their locations when churches became their neighbours! Patients on admission in hospitals with churches as neighbors really suffer from noise pollution

1 Like

Re: How Do You Sponsor A Bill To Your State House Of Assembly? by Obinoscopy(m): 8:18pm On Apr 08, 2019
chloride6:
Thank you all.

I will continue to update this thread with my activities on this issue.
Any update?
Re: How Do You Sponsor A Bill To Your State House Of Assembly? by naptu2: 3:14pm On May 05, 2019
Maya lives in me @enitioluwafe

This church behind my house is moving their vigil to another venue outside our estate. According to them, 'one child of perdition kept on reporting to LASEPA'. I own this title if it makes us sleep soundly at night in our abodes. This battle has been won at last. Thank you Jesus.

11:14 AM · May 5, 2019

https://mobile.twitter.com/enitioluwafe/status/1124980622160728064

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Sponsor A Bill To Your State House Of Assembly? by phineas: 5:51pm On May 05, 2019
I think the important thing to note here is LASEPA works. Lagos works. So send them your emails and complaints against noisy neighbours.

This should be scaled up nationwide too

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Cabinet: Buhari Rejects Ministers Nominations List From Ogun, Imo, Ondo / 2023: Nothing Wrong Presidency Remaining In North –ango Abdullahi / Sowore Is A American Citizen....??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.