Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

What Conscience Is. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Conscience Is. (624 Views)

I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This / She Needs Forgiveness And A Clear Conscience / My Conscience Is Pricking Me Over This Issue, Please I Need Your Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Conscience Is. by julianH(m): 12:25pm On Aug 31, 2010
TEXT: MATTEN 27:3 – 8.
MEMORY VERSE PROVERBS 20:27

Oxford Advanced Learners Dictionary defines conscience as “an inner sense that knows the difference between right and wrong, Judges one’s action according to morale laws, and makes one feel guilty”. The King James Bible refers to the conscience as the spirit of a man, while the Living Bible refers it as conscience. All these means they are one and the same.

The first person whom the bible told us was afraid of his action was Adam in Genesis 3:10. The next was Cain after he killed Abel his brother. It is Judas Iscariot’s spirit or conscience that made his thought restless, that kept pricking him and telling him that the person he betrayed or sold was an innocent man. When he could not handle his conscience, he went and committed suicide. Your conscience is that part of you that nobody sees, that you were created with to enable you correct yourself or checkmate your actions when nobody does.

Nobody told Adam, Cain or Judas that they did wrong except their conscience. It is that part of you that speaks to you after every action, which sees in the same light that God does. Your conscience is like the candle of the Lord that reveals your real motive inspite of what people think.

YOUR CONSCIENCE IS YOUR GUARD.

LESSONS TO LEARN:
 Your conscience is God’s Spirit in you.
 Your conscience goes everywhere you go.
 When you stop listening to your conscience, it ceases to speak to you.

PRAYER POINT:
 Holy spirit help me to follow your word and my conscience.

this is an except from a teen's devotional. call 08069220002 to get copies

(1) (Reply)

Generation "next" Kids / Christmas Family 5 Day Plasure Trip To Ghana / How Close Are You To Your Grannies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.