Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,764 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

At Least 30 Killed By Gunmen In Zamfara: Police, Witnesses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / At Least 30 Killed By Gunmen In Zamfara: Police, Witnesses (16967 Views)

Tragedy Hits Abuja, 30 Killed In Landslide, 19 Abducted / Zamfara Police Return Matawalle's Properties To Court / There Was No Sex Party In Kaduna, Police Witnesses Tell Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

At Least 30 Killed By Gunmen In Zamfara: Police, Witnesses by iwaeda: 9:43pm On Mar 06, 2019
At least 30 people have been killed by armed bandits who raided a village in Zamfara, police, and residents said Tuesday.

Motorcycle-riding gunmen attacked Kware village in Shinkafi district on Sunday night, opening fire on residents and burning homes.

“I can confirm 30 people were killed by the bandits in the attack in Kware,” Zamfara police spokesperson Mohammed Shehu told AFP.

Residents, however, gave a higher toll of 34, with many others still missing.

“We recovered 34 bodies after the attack and many more residents have not been accounted for,” said Kware resident Alu Wadatau said.

“They came around 4:00 pm and opened fire on the village, shooting anyone on sight and burning houses,” he said.

The attack came just three days after bandits killed 32 vigilantes in Kware, at a checkpoint set up by locals, police, and residents had told AFP.

The vigilantes were part of a militia force providing security for traders in the area, with besieged communities taking security into their own hands.

Deadly attacks have raged across the northwest where bandits have thrived.

Farming and herding communities in Zamfara and the wider region have long been terrorised by gangs who raid villages, stealing cattle and kidnapping residents for ransom.

Last week some 60 people died in multiple raids on rural villages in Zamfara and Sokoto State.

The repeat attacks on rural villages, often with little protection from security forces, have spurred a rise in armed vigilante groups.

Yet the groups have been accused of extrajudicial killings of suspected bandits, leading to reprisals and escalating insecurity.

In recent months the criminal gangs launched attacks in neighboring Kaduna and Katsina states, abducting residents for ransom.

On Saturday five villagers were killed in clashes with bandits in Sabon Sara village in Kaduna state’s Giwa district near the border with Zamfara, according to the police and residents.

Zamfara is a political stronghold for President Muhammadu Buhari, who won the state in recent presidential elections that handed him a second four-year term.

He has pledged to continue confronting Nigeria’s many security crises while giving few details.

https://www.channelstv.com/2019/03/06/at-least-30-killed-by-gunmen-in-zamfara-police-witnesses/amp/

3 Likes

Re: At Least 30 Killed By Gunmen In Zamfara: Police, Witnesses by TheFreeOne: 9:44pm On Mar 06, 2019
Another 30 gone. Na wa o

At this rate how many will remain in some of these northern states in the next 4 yrs?

Why is buhari retaining those service chiefs? And isnt it obvious these killers are terrorists and not bandits.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: At Least 30 Killed By Gunmen In Zamfara: Police, Witnesses by iwaeda: 9:45pm On Mar 06, 2019
TheFreeOne:
Na wa o
Base ri niyen
Re: At Least 30 Killed By Gunmen In Zamfara: Police, Witnesses by AGNESikpuNNU(f): 9:53pm On Mar 06, 2019
Fake news ... with baba everywhere is safe

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At Least 30 Killed By Gunmen In Zamfara: Police, Witnesses by bastardmod: 9:58pm On Mar 06, 2019
Una weh done oo.

Awon next level

I just dey pass ni o cool

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: At Least 30 Killed By Gunmen In Zamfara: Police, Witnesses by baliyubla: 9:58pm On Mar 06, 2019
It’s alright.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At Least 30 Killed By Gunmen In Zamfara: Police, Witnesses by amaniro: 10:07pm On Mar 06, 2019
And na dem want still drag oyeltongue

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: At Least 30 Killed By Gunmen In Zamfara: Police, Witnesses by nwanyionitsha: 10:19pm On Mar 06, 2019
Really?
Abeg, na lie dem dey lie to us joor.
Fake news joor.
Sia babar. The land is secure.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: At Least 30 Killed By Gunmen In Zamfara: Police, Witnesses by iwaeda: 10:26pm On Mar 06, 2019
A land flowing with blood
Re: At Least 30 Killed By Gunmen In Zamfara: Police, Witnesses by Salvador1: 10:45pm On Mar 06, 2019
Not bad

15m+ still the target

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: At Least 30 Killed By Gunmen In Zamfara: Police, Witnesses by SouthEastFacts: 11:43pm On Mar 06, 2019
APCSupporter are those bandit Northern Christians? E no dey hard una to blame all the bad happenings in the North on innocent Northern Christian

3 Likes

Re: At Least 30 Killed By Gunmen In Zamfara: Police, Witnesses by APCsupporter: 11:46pm On Mar 06, 2019
SouthEastFacts:
APCSupporter are those bandit Northern Christians? E no dey hard una to blame all the bad happenings in the North on innocent Northern Christian

Have i ever blamed violence/ terrorism on the south?

Our main argument was on cultism
Re: At Least 30 Killed By Gunmen In Zamfara: Police, Witnesses by SouthEastFacts: 11:54pm On Mar 06, 2019
APCsupporter:

Have i ever blamed violence/ terrorism on the south?

Our main argument was on cultism
You blamed the armed banditry along Abuja-Kaduna Expressway on innocent Southern Kaduna.

You exempted Northern moslems from prostitution.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: At Least 30 Killed By Gunmen In Zamfara: Police, Witnesses by doctokwus: 12:03am On Mar 07, 2019
Fake news.
Nigeria has been very safe since Buhari took over.
Infact Nigeria is now so safe that unlike in 2015 elections,in 2019,more votes were recorded in terrorists ravaged states of Borno,Yobe than in peaceful states like Lagos,Oyo,Ekiti,Osun and all SouthEastern states.
Buhari is doing a great job security wise.
Zamfarans should be patient.Buhari always likes lots of people to be killed and terrorists to occupy an entire state before he acts.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At Least 30 Killed By Gunmen In Zamfara: Police, Witnesses by iwaeda: 6:33am On Mar 07, 2019
A nation that daily sacrifice human blood!
Re: At Least 30 Killed By Gunmen In Zamfara: Police, Witnesses by Paperwhite(m): 6:41am On Mar 07, 2019
And the upgraded version of "Next Level" continues.Zamfara people blood continued to be shed while their son remains the Minister of Defense.What an irony. sad

14 Likes

Re: At Least 30 Killed By Gunmen In Zamfara: Police, Witnesses by SouthEastFacts: 12:40pm On Mar 07, 2019
APCsupporter:

Most prostitutes in Northern Nigeria are from the south east.

The bandits in Kaduna south are Christians. Even El'rufa'i mentioned that but i never said the killings in Zamfara or Boko haram people are Christian
But are there muslim prostitutes in the North?

I don't know why you guys feel so insecured about Northern christians despite have an overwhelming population. The Kaduna-Abuja road didn't even pass through southern Kaduna.

The hotbed of the kidnappers in Birnin Gwari axis of the road and all the kidnappers and armed robbers that were arrested along that road all bear moslem names and have fulani stature.

Birnin Gwari is at the outskirt of Kaduna Central Senatorial District (that is, about NW of Kaduna State). Do you know how many LGAs you have to pass from Southern Kaduna before you get to Birnin Gwari, do you know how many hours, how many miltary check points and formations?

Both of us know that if Southern Kaduna are the ones terrorizing that road, El Rufai would have leveled them by now?

You need help. Remove innocent Christians from una insanity.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At Least 30 Killed By Gunmen In Zamfara: Police, Witnesses by MXrep: 12:56pm On Mar 07, 2019
APCsupporter:

Most prostitutes in Northern Nigeria are from the south east.

The bandits in Kaduna south are Christians. Even El'rufa'i mentioned that but i never said the killings in Zamfara or Boko haram people are Christian
Prostitution is not a crime. Its better than suicide bombing

12 Likes

Re: At Least 30 Killed By Gunmen In Zamfara: Police, Witnesses by Zombiekiller010: 1:09pm On Mar 07, 2019
Nice one
Re: At Least 30 Killed By Gunmen In Zamfara: Police, Witnesses by osuofia2(m): 1:10pm On Mar 07, 2019
NEXT LEVEL... THE PLAN IS TO ALLOW THE FULANI TAKE OVER

3 Likes

Re: At Least 30 Killed By Gunmen In Zamfara: Police, Witnesses by QuickStandard: 1:11pm On Mar 07, 2019
Watching in 3D from NEXTLEVEL situation room.

No remorse whatsoever.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: At Least 30 Killed By Gunmen In Zamfara: Police, Witnesses by Highesschief1: 1:12pm On Mar 07, 2019
Am not understanding oooo is it not the same place that was so peaceful that millions came out and voted for APC?

14 Likes

Re: At Least 30 Killed By Gunmen In Zamfara: Police, Witnesses by amazon14: 1:12pm On Mar 07, 2019
The next level thing.
O ga dikwa kpukpu.nkem bu Aro a gaa

3 Likes

Re: At Least 30 Killed By Gunmen In Zamfara: Police, Witnesses by bishopkay: 1:12pm On Mar 07, 2019
Next level oshey! Sai baba!

4 Likes

Re: At Least 30 Killed By Gunmen In Zamfara: Police, Witnesses by freemanbubble: 1:13pm On Mar 07, 2019
Everybody should fasten their seat belt because this next level car is gonna take us on a long ride

2 Likes

Re: At Least 30 Killed By Gunmen In Zamfara: Police, Witnesses by APCsupporter: 1:13pm On Mar 07, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

But are there muslim prostitutes in the North?

I don't know why you guys feel so insecured about Northern christians despite have an overwhelming population. The Kaduna-Abuja road didn't even pass through southern Kaduna.

The hotbed of the kidnappers in Birnin Gwari axis of the road and all the kidnappers and armed robbers that were arrested along that road all bear moslem names and have fulani stature.

Birnin Gwari is at the outskirt of Kaduna Central Senatorial District (that is, about NW of Kaduna State). Do you know how many LGAs you have to pass from Southern Kaduna before you get to Birnin Gwari, do you know how many hours, how many miltary check points and formations?

Both of us know that if Southern Kaduna are the ones terrorizing that road, El Rufai would have leveled them by now?

You need help. Remove innocent Christians from una insanity.

You seem to lack comprehension.

You talked about those in Abuja-Kaduna way and i told you that those ones are done by Kaduna south people. SARS arrests them everyday and we see the names. and yes, El'rufa'i severly threatened them the last time he visited Sabon Tasha

I never said christians are responsible for the violence in other parts of the north. And by the way, Its not as if you people are not violent as well. Just yesterday, A cultist was caught for beheading his fellow human being.

As for the Muslim prostitutes, i have a deal for you. I will show you 4 reports of prostitutes being arrested in the north amd you will find a muslim name for me. If you can't, then get a report showing A muslim woman caught doing prostitution. Agreed?

1 Like

Re: At Least 30 Killed By Gunmen In Zamfara: Police, Witnesses by timileyinolawuyi(m): 1:15pm On Mar 07, 2019
[color=#000099][/color][b][/b]Very bad :-XVery bad

Re: At Least 30 Killed By Gunmen In Zamfara: Police, Witnesses by Arysexy(m): 1:16pm On Mar 07, 2019
Sai NEXT LEBUL version 2.0 loading...........

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: At Least 30 Killed By Gunmen In Zamfara: Police, Witnesses by Oricha79(m): 1:18pm On Mar 07, 2019
Most of our southern brothers who are happy about this unfortunate incident, remember when they are through with northerner they may come down south.

2 Likes

Re: At Least 30 Killed By Gunmen In Zamfara: Police, Witnesses by AfonjaConehead: 1:19pm On Mar 07, 2019
Level de la next..

Rip o

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At Least 30 Killed By Gunmen In Zamfara: Police, Witnesses by senatepresido: 1:20pm On Mar 07, 2019
parts of Zamfara's next level share

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

May 29: Governors, Senators Gang Up Against Magu / APC Primary: Fayemi Won’t Step Down For Osinbajo, Says Campaign Organisation / 2023 Election: Analysis On Major People Set To Work For Tinubu In Key States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.