Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,358 members, 7,846,545 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out (37410 Views)

PDP Keeps Mum As Razak Atunwa Plots To Present WAEC As Highest Qualification / Razak Atunwa Skipped NYSC, Forged Certificate - Premium Times / Razak Atunwa Biography, Age: Meet The PDP Governorship Candidate In Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out by youghs: 3:53pm On Mar 07, 2019
That is how I heard saraki called a meeting with his boys wu were to distribute money for d presidential n Nass election....but na beating dem get as per say d boys don divert money...
Re: Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out by Badonasty(m): 3:56pm On Mar 07, 2019
Ecstasy154:
With just two days before the gubernatorial and state house of assembly elections across the nation, confusion has rocked the Kwara State chapter of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) as its governorship candidate, Razaq Atunwa, has insisted on pulling out of the race owing to lack of funding of his campaign by the incumbent Governor Abdulfatai Ahmed, among other factors.
The confusion deepened in the past few days as Ahmed made it clear he was not going to spend public funds to bankroll the campaign again as anti-graft agencies keep beaming their searchlight on his government.

At least three top officials of the state government – including the Finance Commissioner, Ademola Banu, have been arrested in connection with the N1 billion loan recently obtained from a bank and diverted to fund the presidential and National Assembly elections.

The governor is said to be afraid that he might be arrested and prosecuted if public funds are found to have been used to run the election.

The tension is worsened by the crushing of the PDP at the presidential and National Assembly elections on February 23, with Senator Bukola Saraki and all his cronies failing to win their seats.
“There are yet-to-be successful efforts to convince Atunwa to remain in the race. He is bitter that he has become like an orphan. The governor no longer allows free money for the campaign while others are mocking him that he (Atunwa) was probably responsible for the bad luck the PDP has suffered,” according to a source.

“It is now common, even in Government House, for people to say ‘o daye Atunwa’ for PDP to win. There is this suspicion that the Governor is working for APC because of his nonchalant attitude to the PDP campaign,” the source said.

INDEPENDENT sources also added that the governor has been bitter and he is still licking his wounds from the supposed “maltreatment” he received from his party during the primaries.
This is coupled with the fact that he was being blamed for everything.

INDEPENDENT also has it on good authority that the camp is now split down the middle as Ahmed made it clear he was not going to be the ‘fall guy’ anymore.

“The crisis actually deepened with the subtle rejection of Saraki by Ahmed after the senatorial ticket was withdrawn from him.

“In what looked like open declaration of war, Ahmed removed his WhatsApp DP that contained his picture with Saraki and replaced it with a picture of himself and Buhari.

“This has continued to breed bad blood, even though he has since returned the old picture as his DP.
“So Atunwa knows he has no chance at all this Saturday. Besides, he believes that stepping down may be the perfect face-saving measure,” our source explained.

There is also the unabated tension about the lack of support for Atunwa by the likes of Bolaji Abdullahi and many others who felt he had been imposed on them.

Besides, there is also palpable tension in the Saraki camp as several of his ‘good boys’ have gone underground after their leaders were flogged for making away with campaign funds.
“Top Saraki guys like Nasiru Subair and Auto were flogged for diverting money. Nasiru had his hands broken while others were dealt with too,” according to the source.

https://www.independent.ng/confusion-in-kwara-pdp-as-guber-candidate-atunwa-mulls-backing-out/amp/

broda no wan chop brutality
Re: Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out by Lullabye(f): 4:04pm On Mar 07, 2019
Anago50000:
. Tinubu is next
You can't compare Tinubu style of politics to that of Saraki, Tinubu alone does not call the shot in Lag. He has group of progressive decision makers, and he listens to their views. but Saraki puts the whole of kwara in his pocket and does not listen to anyone. He is so arrogant and proud.

No wonder the Bible says "Pride goes before a fall". now he has fallen yakata

6 Likes

Re: Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out by morili: 4:12pm On Mar 07, 2019
If you like don't believe it. They were flogged according to the money they received
Arysexy:
APC sponsored trash

4 Likes

Re: Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out by Basic123: 4:21pm On Mar 07, 2019
B1ak3:
cheesy even their governorship candidate wants to join the oto ge movement. Chai who did saraki offend like this?
He offended His Dad,kwara people,Buhari,Ali Ndume, Oshiomole,Tinubu and APC etc

5 Likes

Re: Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out by hammedkola(m): 4:33pm On Mar 07, 2019
B1ak3:
cheesy even their governorship candidate wants to join the oto ge movement. Chai who did saraki offend like this?

His father

2 Likes

Re: Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out by ppogba: 4:37pm On Mar 07, 2019
frowland:
Please what is "o daye Atunwa"?

"only in the next world to come"
Re: Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out by frowland(m): 4:37pm On Mar 07, 2019
ppogba:

"only in the next world to come"

Thnx
Re: Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out by TheShopKeeper(m): 4:40pm On Mar 07, 2019
...o to ge...o d'aye atunwa...
Re: Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out by surveyProf(m): 4:42pm On Mar 07, 2019
Tetehjewels:
Pull out to where? cheesy

You must stay in the fight and be beaten blue black before you surrender oo cheesy
Re: Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out by DTaj: 4:45pm On Mar 07, 2019
Arysexy:
APC sponsored trash

If you live in Ilorin, if you are an indigene of Kwara State, and you still wrote this daft response, you must be truly mad. Not all newspaper reports are true, but everything written in this story by Daily Independent is 100% true!

Not only were both Nasiru (aka Agenda) and Auto mercilessly beaten physically by defeated Bukola Saraki’s “good boys”, due to the fallout of the huge defeat of PDP in the February 23 elections, as correctly written in the report, Sholagberu, another Bukola Saraki henchman, was also terribly beaten and is currently admitted at a private hospital.

You shouldn’t just hide under anonymity granted by social media, from a town far apart from Kwara State, to respond stupidly to things you know nothing about!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out by ozo13(m): 4:46pm On Mar 07, 2019
handie:
Atunwa, U go no where!!! You must chop ur own beating o
hehehe.free the man abeg.I love his diction and command of English .the guy is scared he may not win any of the local government.

1 Like

Re: Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out by sageer1706(m): 4:46pm On Mar 07, 2019
Pull out say waiting happen... you must collect your beating ooo

1 Like

Re: Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out by DTaj: 4:49pm On Mar 07, 2019
Lullabye:
You can't compare Tinubu style of politics to that of Saraki, Tinubu alone does not call the shot in Lag. He has group of progressive decision makers, and he listens to their views. but Saraki puts the whole of kwara in his pocket and does not listen to anyone. He is so arrogant and proud.

No wonder the Bible says "Pride goes before a fall". now he has fallen yakata

Perfect analogy! This is just the truth.
Re: Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out by Kingjames(m): 5:05pm On Mar 07, 2019
When the Wadata FC signed Goodluck Jonathan in the summer of 2010, many thought the June 12 Trophy was in the bag as the young Jonathan scored a goal at the University of Lagos stadium in May 2012, but fans trooped unto the field with cudgels, protesting that no goal must be scored against the home team, UNILAG FC, hence the match ended goalless with the strike ruled as offside.
Re: Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out by mechanics(m): 5:13pm On Mar 07, 2019
So he thinks he can use state funds abi, he's not serious.
Re: Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out by ferhyntorlah(f): 5:25pm On Mar 07, 2019
ozo13:
hehehe.free the man abeg.I love his diction and command of English .the guy is scared he may not win any of the local government.

Because of your comment, I had to go search for his interview videos on YouTube just to listen to him. I've never heard of him till today - lol. I hardly follow Nigerian politics.

I'm a fan of good diction and command of the English language.
Re: Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out by Meel: 5:58pm On Mar 07, 2019
ferhyntorlah:

Because of your comment, I had to go search for his interview videos on YouTube just to listen to him. I've never heard of him till today - lol. I hardly follow Nigerian politics.

Atunwa is a tokunbo( he came from UK).

He has been a long time friend of the saraki's, I even heard a rumor that he his the chauffer of Saraki father whenever he his in London.

Saraki brought him back from Uk , during his first tenure as governor .
Re: Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out by Blankstare(m): 6:02pm On Mar 07, 2019
DTaj:

If you live in Ilorin, if you are an indigene of Kwara State, and you still wrote this daft response, you must be truly mad. Not all newspaper reports are true, but everything written in this story by Daily Independent is 100% true!

Not only were both Nasiru (aka Agenda) and Auto mercilessly beaten physically by defeated Bukola Saraki’s “good boys”, due to the fallout of the huge defeat of PDP in the February 23 elections, as correctly written in the report, Sholagberu, another Bukola Saraki henchman, was also terribly beaten and is currently admitted at a private hospital.

You shouldn’t just hide under anonymity granted by social media, from a town far apart from Kwara State, to respond stupidly to things you know nothing about!

If you know how ipigs rever saraki,you wouldn't be giving them detailed reply..... Oto ge.

1 Like

Re: Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out by ferhyntorlah(f): 6:15pm On Mar 07, 2019
Meel:

Atunwa is a tokunbo( he came from UK).

He has been a long time friend of the saraki's, I even heard a rumor that he his the chauffer of Saraki father whenever he his in London.

Saraki brought him back from Uk , during his first tenure as governor .

Thnaks for the information.
Re: Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out by colestephan86: 6:35pm On Mar 07, 2019
Ecstasy154:
With just two days before the gubernatorial and state house of assembly elections across the nation, confusion has rocked the Kwara State chapter of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) as its governorship candidate, Razaq Atunwa, has insisted on pulling out of the race owing to lack of funding of his campaign by the incumbent Governor Abdulfatai Ahmed, among other factors.
The confusion deepened in the past few days as Ahmed made it clear he was not going to spend public funds to bankroll the campaign again as anti-graft agencies keep beaming their searchlight on his government.

At least three top officials of the state government – including the Finance Commissioner, Ademola Banu, have been arrested in connection with the N1 billion loan recently obtained from a bank and diverted to fund the presidential and National Assembly elections.

The governor is said to be afraid that he might be arrested and prosecuted if public funds are found to have been used to run the election.

The tension is worsened by the crushing of the PDP at the presidential and National Assembly elections on February 23, with Senator Bukola Saraki and all his cronies failing to win their seats.
“There are yet-to-be successful efforts to convince Atunwa to remain in the race. He is bitter that he has become like an orphan. The governor no longer allows free money for the campaign while others are mocking him that he (Atunwa) was probably responsible for the bad luck the PDP has suffered,” according to a source.

“It is now common, even in Government House, for people to say ‘o daye Atunwa’ for PDP to win. There is this suspicion that the Governor is working for APC because of his nonchalant attitude to the PDP campaign,” the source said.

INDEPENDENT sources also added that the governor has been bitter and he is still licking his wounds from the supposed “maltreatment” he received from his party during the primaries.
This is coupled with the fact that he was being blamed for everything.

INDEPENDENT also has it on good authority that the camp is now split down the middle as Ahmed made it clear he was not going to be the ‘fall guy’ anymore.

“The crisis actually deepened with the subtle rejection of Saraki by Ahmed after the senatorial ticket was withdrawn from him.

“In what looked like open declaration of war, Ahmed removed his WhatsApp DP that contained his picture with Saraki and replaced it with a picture of himself and Buhari.

“This has continued to breed bad blood, even though he has since returned the old picture as his DP.
“So Atunwa knows he has no chance at all this Saturday. Besides, he believes that stepping down may be the perfect face-saving measure,” our source explained.

There is also the unabated tension about the lack of support for Atunwa by the likes of Bolaji Abdullahi and many others who felt he had been imposed on them.

Besides, there is also palpable tension in the Saraki camp as several of his ‘good boys’ have gone underground after their leaders were flogged for making away with campaign funds.
“Top Saraki guys like Nasiru Subair and Auto were flogged for diverting money. Nasiru had his hands broken while others were dealt with too,” according to the source.

https://www.independent.ng/confusion-in-kwara-pdp-as-guber-candidate-atunwa-mulls-backing-out/amp/
God please o , whoever will fall and drag me along abeg make he no fall o. The mighty titanic is sinking fast and lots of persons are going with him. If you know , you know.
Re: Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out by Abbeywondrous(m): 7:46pm On Mar 07, 2019
Do you know that God cannot be mocked? Over a decade ago some people said before Saraki will leave power that o daye ATUNWA and now ATUNWA is the anointed candidate of Saraki so Saraki has to leave power.

1 Like

Re: Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out by Baselm: 7:46pm On Mar 07, 2019
Lullabye:

Is she a politician? i thought they are attacking only politicians that collected money but didn't deliver

No, she was only passing through the route, she wasn't flogged or attacked but the hoodlums were causing havoc and wanted to attack the vehicle she was in but the driver pleaded and they were let through
Re: Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out by Bimpe29: 8:17pm On Mar 07, 2019
Atunwa must have a taste of this colossal defeat as well.
Saraki is the sole architect of the mess he and his boys are in.
O to ge, O topeee.
Odi aiye Atunwa.

2 Likes

Re: Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out by OgundeleT(m): 8:38pm On Mar 07, 2019
Atunwa will find it difficult to win 25% of kwaran votes

1 Like

Re: Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out by Blankstare(m): 8:43pm On Mar 07, 2019
Basic123:

He offended His Dad,kwara people,Buhari,Ali Ndume, Oshiomole,Tinubu and APC etc

Also all his political allies that were his contemporary e.g ,MM,gani cook,kajode esho

Civil servants been owned baggage of salaries

Teachers...college of education shut down for over two yrs

Politicization of kwara poly

Death of infrastructure all over the metropolis

Disregard for elders

Exploitation of all revenue's generated by kwara revenue agency to fund his CCT case all through his magu magu Senate presidency.

Mortagaging of kwara properties to harmony holdings.

1 Like

Re: Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out by shezyken: 9:38pm On Mar 07, 2019
The fear of

Re: Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out by ucyonline: 9:47pm On Mar 07, 2019
Fake news
Re: Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out by Jarus(m): 10:08pm On Mar 07, 2019
ferhyntorlah:

The guy speaks very well.
Re: Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out by Kdon2: 10:39pm On Mar 07, 2019
Anago50000:
. Tinubu is next

Haba! Use the small sense wey remain na! tinubu dey contest for anything?
Re: Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out by Kdon2: 10:46pm On Mar 07, 2019
ferhyntorlah:

Yeah! The guy speaks eloquently and he exude confident too. I like him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Meets Speakers Of 36 States House Of Assembly (Photos) / DPO Jumps Fence To Escape From Robbers (Picture) / Governor Ortom Prostrates In Church, Celebrates His Victory (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.