Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,951 members, 7,810,634 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

This Reinforces My Belief In God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Reinforces My Belief In God (303 Views)

Discussion: Belief In God Is A Useless Proposition / This Is My Belief Regarding Fish Rain / These People Are Killing My Faith & My Belief Am Backsliding. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Reinforces My Belief In God by Meekha(m): 10:25pm On Jun 30, 2018
A little story about myself.....
I am an extra year student in one of the top universities in Nigeria (Hey! am not a dull student, am just a victim of circumstances). Surviving in this country is kinda hard and as i don't have anything flowing into my acct at the end of the month, i decided to use my brain!
I hate to admit it that i have not made adequate use of my brain very well. During this "waiting" period, i decided to set up a firm..Yes! an educational one! for that matter. i co-foundeed it with a colleague and friend. Now, this is the jist.
I started sourcing for clients for my new firm but then, they were not forthcoming. Before then, i started teaching in a primary school to help keep body and soul togetther before i started having clients. The Director or rather the owner of the school seems to be a very difficult man who will always like to raise dust even from a rock and beat around empty air if the forests seem to be out of sight! but then, am not the kind that is easily affected by that kinda behaviour. One day, i got a very important call that could determine the course of my life, well i was lenient enough to go and seek permission from the principal but then, i was denied and was told that if i dare leave the school and go and anwer the call, that i shouldn't consider coming back to the school. I knew i was in trouble! No money from home.. No friends who are willing to help!
I decided to give up the job and go and answer the call. Yes! i knew i will be sacked but then what is #10,000 compared to my life??
I disobeyed the authority and when i resumed the following day, the sergeant was instructed not to open the gate for me. I wasn't particularly bothered. I just gave the sergeant my lesson note to submit it for me and waved the sympathizing teachers who knew whats up already!. I plugged my earpiece into my phone and started heading home directly. As i was approaching home, i opted not to go home rather but to go into a small bush where i ususally pray and sing songs when i am alone. I arrived the bush around few minutes past 8 and heard a Christian message for 40+ mins after which i started listening to songs and prayed for God's intervention for just a short moment. Not long before then, i started sleeping..Suddenly i was awakened by a phone call and the speaker seemed to be one of those who i gave my flier to when i was sourcing for clients. He called and was asking for the price of my services.. I told him we need to meet to enter into a negotiation. We met and the negotiation was finalized. I got a job the same day i lost my tiresome job and the best part of it is that in my new job, i will be working for only 4 hours a week as against the former which is 30 hours a week for the same pay...
Now, i have a personal and unshakable reason to believe in God!
God bless foor reading...
lalasticlala
mynd44 please push to the front page for my Christian brethren to see and know that God is still on the throne...Amen $$halom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Reinforces My Belief In God by selfwife(f): 11:22pm On Jun 30, 2018
somehow,I think it is because you had services to render and there was someone who needed it. Just saying.
Re: This Reinforces My Belief In God by Meekha(m): 6:43pm On Jul 02, 2018
It may seem so to you but then, the incident occurred to me. I know when it is mere chance and when there is an interplay of supernatural forces. In this Case, I honestly think that whatever transpired was instigated by Infinite Intelligence and that is God Almighty!...Thanks for reading though

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buddhism / Repent / My Abundant Testimonies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.