Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

Ezekiel Afon Dies Hours After Winning Election In Plateau - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ezekiel Afon Dies Hours After Winning Election In Plateau (59089 Views)

Muhammed Danasabe Slumps, Dies, Hours To Kogi Election / Herdsmen Tormenting Us - Imeko-Afon, Ogun Community Writes Governor Abiodun / Ali Namadi: Kano LG Chairman Dies 2 Days After Winning Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ezekiel Afon Dies Hours After Winning Election In Plateau by unclesoyo: 7:56pm On Mar 10, 2019
Honourable Ezekiel Afon, a House of Assembly candidate of the All progressives Congress (APC), has died just hour after winning the election in his constituency

According to Voice of Nigeria (VON), Hon. Afon died few hours after winning the seat for the Pengana Constituency into the Plateau State House of Assembly.

He was said to be ill before the election and died on a day that should have been one for celebrating his win.

Secretary of the All Progressive Congress in the state, Mr. Bashir Sati, confirmed the lawmaker’s death on Sunday in Jos.

According to Sati, Afon died Sunday afternoon after a brief illness.

“It is unfortunate that we lost Afon, one of the most dedicated members of our party and a committed lawmaker just after he was declared winner to occupy his seat again.“Though he has been sick for a while but we received the news of his demise with rude shock,” he said.

https://lailasnews.com/ezekiel-afon-apc-lawmaker-elect-in-plateau-dies-hours-after-winning/

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Ezekiel Afon Dies Hours After Winning Election In Plateau by Ratiolak(m): 7:57pm On Mar 10, 2019
Damn... this is serious.
May his soul rest in peace lipsrsealed

24 Likes

Re: Ezekiel Afon Dies Hours After Winning Election In Plateau by IbrahimDamola: 7:57pm On Mar 10, 2019
The PDP runner up should take over.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ezekiel Afon Dies Hours After Winning Election In Plateau by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 10, 2019
IbrahimDamola:
yes

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ezekiel Afon Dies Hours After Winning Election In Plateau by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 10, 2019
Politics in Nigeria is full of blood..... The day I tell my mama that am a politician that's the day am going back to my village grin

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ezekiel Afon Dies Hours After Winning Election In Plateau by tsinzu: 8:00pm On Mar 10, 2019
Rest in peace

2 Likes

Re: Ezekiel Afon Dies Hours After Winning Election In Plateau by Caseless: 8:05pm On Mar 10, 2019
Abu Audu comes to mind. Rip.

20 Likes

Re: Ezekiel Afon Dies Hours After Winning Election In Plateau by Lopeztranto(f): 8:06pm On Mar 10, 2019
Many more to go

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ezekiel Afon Dies Hours After Winning Election In Plateau by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:08pm On Mar 10, 2019
It is WRITTEN......

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ezekiel Afon Dies Hours After Winning Election In Plateau by Caseless: 8:08pm On Mar 10, 2019
IbrahimDamola:
No! If apc was disqualified, it goes to d runner-up. Now it's death, the runner up in the primary takes it. The victory is of the party, not an individual.

222 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Ezekiel Afon Dies Hours After Winning Election In Plateau by AgamaHub: 8:08pm On Mar 10, 2019
So
Re: Ezekiel Afon Dies Hours After Winning Election In Plateau by Chisaedhor: 8:08pm On Mar 10, 2019
grin

Fear Nigerian Politics oo

So who now takes the seat??

1 Like

Re: Ezekiel Afon Dies Hours After Winning Election In Plateau by superlanny(m): 8:09pm On Mar 10, 2019
The WiFi connection his village people are on is connected to a 8G network....what a calamity ...rest in peace, your next level will continue in heaven.

1 Like

Re: Ezekiel Afon Dies Hours After Winning Election In Plateau by top4eva: 8:09pm On Mar 10, 2019
Rip

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ezekiel Afon Dies Hours After Winning Election In Plateau by Bighead9: 8:09pm On Mar 10, 2019
R.I.P Sir.

2 Likes

Re: Ezekiel Afon Dies Hours After Winning Election In Plateau by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 10, 2019

I don't have power to waste RIP on a die there politician

He has been sick for a while but rather than step down and focus on his health, he clutched to power and now he has finally die there, hope he is happy now

13 Likes

Re: Ezekiel Afon Dies Hours After Winning Election In Plateau by eleojo23: 8:10pm On Mar 10, 2019
kingemzy5:
Politics in Nigeria is full of blood..... The day I tell my mama that am a politician that's the day am going back to my village grin

They said he was sick for sometime before his death.

He might have neglected his Ill health and went in to campaign just to win.

But health should always come first.

5 Likes

Re: Ezekiel Afon Dies Hours After Winning Election In Plateau by Archbishop88: 8:11pm On Mar 10, 2019
Resolution toAudu ogbeni's case, should sharply be applied. Case settled.

1 Like

Re: Ezekiel Afon Dies Hours After Winning Election In Plateau by funshint(m): 8:11pm On Mar 10, 2019
IbrahimDamola:
No the party is recognized as the winner not an individual. So APC will provide a substitute candidate... probably the runner up in the election.

5 Likes

Re: Ezekiel Afon Dies Hours After Winning Election In Plateau by teekay213(m): 8:11pm On Mar 10, 2019
Caseless:
No! If apc was disqualified, it goes to d runner-up. Now it's death, the runner up in the primary takes it. The victory is of the party, not an individual.
really?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekiel Afon Dies Hours After Winning Election In Plateau by ajepako(f): 8:12pm On Mar 10, 2019
Iru iku WO ni eleyi baayi..

Oluwa ya wa ya iku ojiji oh..

3 Likes

Re: Ezekiel Afon Dies Hours After Winning Election In Plateau by highness25(m): 8:12pm On Mar 10, 2019
unclesoyo:
Honourable Ezekiel Afon, a House of Assembly candidate of the All progressives Congress (APC), has died just hour after winning the election in his constituency

According to Voice of Nigeria (VON), Hon. Afon died few hours after winning the seat for the Pengana Constituency into the Plateau State House of Assembly.

He was said to be ill before the election and died on a day that should have been one for celebrating his win.

Secretary of the All Progressive Congress in the state, Mr. Bashir Sati, confirmed the lawmaker’s death on Sunday in Jos.

According to Sati, Afon died Sunday afternoon after a brief illness.

“It is unfortunate that we lost Afon, one of the most dedicated members of our party and a committed lawmaker just after he was declared winner to occupy his seat again.“Though he has been sick for a while but we received the news of his demise with rude shock,” he said.

https://lailasnews.com/ezekiel-afon-apc-lawmaker-elect-in-plateau-dies-hours-after-winning/

So unfortunate, RIP.
I shall not die but live to declare the works of God in me. He was a blessing to his family.

3 Likes

Re: Ezekiel Afon Dies Hours After Winning Election In Plateau by petkoffdrake2(m): 8:14pm On Mar 10, 2019
They've used him for sacrifice. Devilish party!

Pls who'll take the seat? PDP baa?
Re: Ezekiel Afon Dies Hours After Winning Election In Plateau by daddytime(m): 8:15pm On Mar 10, 2019
This here is why when some mere mortals go bragging and beating their chest asking " do you know who I am"? I just look at them and smile because even they knoweth not who they truly are...

Mere flesh not any different from the cows and goats we consume on a daily.

I just dey look Wike and Amaechi with corner eye dey laugh..

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ezekiel Afon Dies Hours After Winning Election In Plateau by tobechi74: 8:15pm On Mar 10, 2019
fight for power..power come, you come die
Re: Ezekiel Afon Dies Hours After Winning Election In Plateau by King19957(m): 8:16pm On Mar 10, 2019
Caseless:
how did Bello of kogi state become d governor of the state
Re: Ezekiel Afon Dies Hours After Winning Election In Plateau by 2blessed01(m): 8:16pm On Mar 10, 2019
Quite Unfortunate Incidence Has Beclouded This Years Election... Many Blood Has Bn Spilled Already! God, We The Remaining Ones Are In Ur Hands O... Rest In Peace Tho!
Re: Ezekiel Afon Dies Hours After Winning Election In Plateau by King19957(m): 8:17pm On Mar 10, 2019
Archbishop88:
Resolution toAudu ogbeni's case, should sharply be applied. Case settled.
u re current bro
Re: Ezekiel Afon Dies Hours After Winning Election In Plateau by vision2050: 8:17pm On Mar 10, 2019
IbrahimDamola:
for where?
APC runners up in the primary election should be elect

3 Likes

Re: Ezekiel Afon Dies Hours After Winning Election In Plateau by SaturnNick(m): 8:18pm On Mar 10, 2019
Damn... So sad. Village people, I hail!
Re: Ezekiel Afon Dies Hours After Winning Election In Plateau by GoodGodmykeeper(m): 8:18pm On Mar 10, 2019
That's too bad. May God grant the family the heart to bear this loss.

CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: Ezekiel Afon Dies Hours After Winning Election In Plateau by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 10, 2019
King19957:
how did Bello of kogi state become d governor of the state
Bello came second during d primary, he was in d same party with audu

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Herders Crisis: Ooni Replies Sunday Igboho / Shooting At Douglas Owerri As Gunmen Try To Take Over Hausa Settlement / There's One Vice-Presidential Candidate That Scares Me - Toolz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.