Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,259 members, 7,822,316 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC (29455 Views)

Fubara Plotting Interim Order To Declare Rivers Assembly Illegal – APC / Peter Obi Slams INEC For Backing Tinubu At Presidential Tribunal / Declare Buni-Led Caretaker Panel Illegal, APC Chief Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by specco(m): 10:46pm On Mar 10, 2019
openmine:
shocked shocked why is APC protesting against INEC instead of AAC? grin grin
The HAND of Esau but the VOICE of Jacob.
Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by Bestbeelieve: 10:47pm On Mar 10, 2019
ClearFlair:

Keep talking rubbish. Buhari is God’s choice and that was why he was able to beat Atiku even though Atiku has cabals like TY Danjuma, OBJ, IBB, Aliyu Gusau And so many other generals backing him. You can’t beat such people in Nigeria without God. Atiku is thief and God frowned on him. Simple as ABC.

god of who please??Because satan is a god to many people!!

1 Like

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by Colonelswitz101(m): 10:47pm On Mar 10, 2019
divicodefred:

And you were following the from one polling unit to another, see liar
U are the one who is deceiving urself, in oyigbo where I voted,the useless Nigerian army came to my polling unit and threatened the lives of those that are yet to vote and intend to vote the PDP, that was as they have gone to all PDP stalwarts homes and placed them on house arrest including oyigbo local government chairman while APC stalwarts where allowed to be moving around sharing money to those who wish to sell their votes... Anyone supporting wat Buhari and the Nigerian army are doing in rivers state should be compelled to a cage in the zoo cos such person poses serious threat to all human evolution process...

3 Likes

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by bayelsaowei(m): 10:48pm On Mar 10, 2019
openmine:
shocked shocked
why is APC protesting against INEC instead of AAC?
grin grin
grin grin.. i tire oo.. make ona help me see election wey apc no even dey the ballot... grin

Naija just weak me..

2 Likes

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by bayelsaowei(m): 10:49pm On Mar 10, 2019
chozzy:
Na wa oo .... wonders shall never end.
Even APC that's not on the ballot is complaining
grin grin
Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by TruthinAction: 10:50pm On Mar 10, 2019
Abiboss:
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has been berated for suspending all processes relating to Saturday’s Governorship and State Assembly elections in the state.

All Progressives Congress (APC) Campaign Council in Rivers state, while reacting to the suspension also described the decision as illegal and not having any legal backing.

A statement signed by the Director, Strategic Communications of the APC Campaign Council in Rivers state, Prince Tonye T.J.T Princewill also said INEC’s decision would not save the state Governor, Nyesom Wike from losing the elections, even as he challenged the electoral umpire to declare results of areas where elections already took place.

“INEC’s decision is illegal because it is not supported by law. Section 296 of the Electoral Act cited in the INEC Press Release is not even applicable because that section deals with a situation where a date has been appointed for the holding of an election, and there is reason to believe that a serious breach of the peace is likely to occur if the election is proceeded with on that date or it is impossible to conduct the election as a result of natural disasters or other emergencies, then the commission may postpone the election.

“You can see that this provision does not apply to a situation where an election has already been conducted or held, which is the present position in Rivers State.

“Since the elections in Rivers State have been held Saturday, INEC is bound by virtue of section 27 of the Electoral Act to announce the results. Having admitted in paragraph one of the Press Release that it has conducted elections on the 9th of March in Rivers State, INEC must by virtue of section 27 of the Electoral Act, announce the results.

“INEC’s decision to postpone the already held elections is ultra vires, illegal and unconstitutional. Such an unlawful decision can now be challenged in court by virtue of section 26 subsection 5 of the Electoral Act. The challenge can be launched by any of the many contestants at a court or tribunal of competent jurisdiction and on such a legal challenge, the decision of INEC shall also be suspended until the matter is determined.

“Our concerns about INEC and our lack of faith in the REC are continually validated. This was same way they suspended a by election we held a few months ago when it was clear we were winning. Now, the AAC candidate and several House of Assembly candidates supported by APC are cruising to victory and they do it again. Can they not just step out of the way and let the will of Rivers’ people prevail?

“Rivers state was largely peaceful. Why not deal with areas where you say you have violence and leave the other results to go through? It’s common sense. Why suspend a whole state? Wike will go. It is only a matter of time. We always knew this. Now the world knows it too. Not even INEC can save him”. The statement said.

https://leadership.ng/2019/03/10/rivers-election-suspension-illegal-apc-slams-inec/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

APC trying to play smart as though they are not behind it. What really concerns them when they have no candidate?

1 Like

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by openmine(m): 10:50pm On Mar 10, 2019
bayelsaowei:
grin grin.. i tire oo.. make ona help me see election wey apc no even dey the ballot... grin

Naija just weak me..
cheesy

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by openmine(m): 10:50pm On Mar 10, 2019
specco:

The HAND of Esau but the VOICE of Jacob.
Exactly cheesy
Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by bayelsaowei(m): 10:51pm On Mar 10, 2019
openmine:

cheesy
see ehn na buhari i go still blame.. if buhari had a little sense he would have ordered the caos to withdraw the military from rivers state.. also order the IGP to take away all the police from that useless ameachi.. we all need to get back to our normal lives and go to work.. see me see wahala oo

1 Like

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by rexana: 10:53pm On Mar 10, 2019
Na wa
Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by openmine(m): 10:56pm On Mar 10, 2019
bayelsaowei:
see ehn na buhari i go still blame.. if buhari had a little sense he would have ordered the caos to withdraw the military from rivers state.. also order the IGP to take away all the police from that useless ameachi.. we all need to get back to our normal lives and go to work.. see me see wahala oo
Buhari wants rivers state by all means necessary and he doesn't mind if his actions kill the rivers state dwellers! sad
Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by Honor10: 10:57pm On Mar 10, 2019
franchasng:
This is Buhari's Nigeria for you!

Buhari I say shame on you!!

Buhari if you were my father, no matter the so much billions you have looted for me, I will berate you and disown you as my father because I cannot stand the shame you have brought on our name in the name of politics!

People can you see now Whenever God refuses to answer a mans prayer or request, God knows why.

God knew why He refused Buhari becoming Nigeria's President several times, but crooks and political vultures gathered together and made him President, God allowed it so we can learn a lesson, now see what he has turned Nigeria into under 3 and half years, gosh!!!

wailing no dey tire u! even ur Lord and savior Atiku av move on, I pray dz frustration don't kill u last last.
Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by Nomzib1000(m): 10:59pm On Mar 10, 2019
openmine:
shocked shocked
grin grin

Baba i tire ooo.... Someone taken panadol for another's man headache... APC no try at all... Ameachi is just a bastard.. Sacrificing his own people's lives... His kids and grandkids will definitely pay

2 Likes

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by Nomzib1000(m): 11:04pm On Mar 10, 2019
Thisis2raw:
If you weren't in Rivers state on Saturday you won't understand the level the Army has reduced themselves to.
Soldiers where going from one polling unit to another tearing result sheet. This happened before my own eyes.
Well let the will of God to done

U are spot on, My brother _in Law works in portharcourt, just cant get why a party who isnt on the ballot are so Interested... Buhari is a dullard who Cant control that mad dog called ameachi.... Causing havoc, and why is the military in rivers state... I thought there is unrest in the Northeast.... I av lost respect for the military... Dem no get level.. Our military don turn i never chop

4 Likes

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by cmikel: 11:06pm On Mar 10, 2019
yerokunphilips:
This election is very interesting ,God himself have show to us that HE IS THE ALMIGHTY and HE HIS ONLY CONSTITUTED AUTHORITY THAT IS UNQUESTIONABLE , He disappointed the powerful , He make the wishes of the ordinary people come true . We should learn from them that whatever we are today is by God's grace ,and He always have a better option than you if you feel you are too big HE will show you you are nothing without HIM .

Oga which wishes of ordinary people with all the military intimidation. If I come to Nigeria I will flog ur head
Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by Lovemaester: 11:30pm On Mar 10, 2019
franchasng:

Buhari if you were my father, no matter the so much billions you have looted for me, I will berate you and disown you as my father because I cannot stand the shame you have brought on our name in the name of politics!

People can you see now Whenever God refuses to answer a mans prayer or request, God knows why.

God knew why He refused Buhari becoming Nigeria's President several times, but crooks and political vultures gathered together and made him President, God allowed it so we can learn a lesson, now see what he has turned Nigeria into under 3 and half years, gosh!!!

just shut up ur stupid mouth, gej did worse but he is ur hero of democracy, he stopped amaechi from entering govt house for several months yet u did nt complain, he used the cp Mbu to wreck havoc on innocent riveriens u did not complain, wike with the assistance of soldiers killed more than 40 youths on election day 2015 but he was the will of the people, now you are being paid in your own coin at least without innocent youths bloodshed you are crying. bleeping hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by wolexy14(m): 11:44pm On Mar 10, 2019
openmine:
shocked shocked
grin grin
cos apc worked for aac..
Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by SjMbula(m): 11:47pm On Mar 10, 2019
"Rivers State was largely peaceful" I witnessed when dynamites were blasted at Gokana collation centre, military came and hijacked the whole process, there was stampede, many people were injured including the innocent corpers, gunshots everywhere, the EO was whisked away to PH for security reason. Shame on Buhari and Amaechi the have taken us 100 steps backward, may God help Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by Echo50(m): 11:53pm On Mar 10, 2019
openmine:
shocked shocked why is APC protesting against INEC instead of AAC? grin grin
_
u get sense
Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by cr7lomo: 11:54pm On Mar 10, 2019
Lovemaester:

just shut up ur stupid mouth, gej did worse but he is ur hero of democracy, he stopped amaechi from entering govt house for several months yet u did nt complain, he used the cp Mbu to wreck havoc on innocent riveriens u did not complain, wike with the assistance of soldiers killed more than 40 youths on election day 2015 but he was the will of the people, now you are being paid in your own coin at least without innocent youths bloodshed you are crying. bleeping hypocrites

In 2015 amaechi tried to force APC on the people of rivers and his foot soldiers were killed in the process....the people of rivers don't want any other party but PDP...it has always been PDP since democracy was restored in 99... It's like forcing PDP in Lagos...it's not possible...there are states that will never change party , even if their lord changes party...
Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by Bar1941(m): 11:59pm On Mar 10, 2019
mohince:
Lol.... Na them sabi.

It appears that Kano electorate have gone from illiterate sheep, to politically savvy in the mind of many in the space of two weeks.

You think all tribes will be sentimental like the Igbos? KANO people showed their level of political awareness unlike the children of hate that wallow in unnecessary hatred and bigotry. They voted for PMB of APC two weeks ago on merit and about to vote out Gandolla of thesame APC on lack of that merit. Similar thing happened in Oyo state. It's as simple as that.
Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by emmanuelex1(m): 12:12am On Mar 11, 2019
Please does APC has any candidate in Rivers?
Abiboss:
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has been berated for suspending all processes relating to Saturday’s Governorship and State Assembly elections in the state.

All Progressives Congress (APC) Campaign Council in Rivers state, while reacting to the suspension also described the decision as illegal and not having any legal backing.

A statement signed by the Director, Strategic Communications of the APC Campaign Council in Rivers state, Prince Tonye T.J.T Princewill also said INEC’s decision would not save the state Governor, Nyesom Wike from losing the elections, even as he challenged the electoral umpire to declare results of areas where elections already took place.

“INEC’s decision is illegal because it is not supported by law. Section 296 of the Electoral Act cited in the INEC Press Release is not even applicable because that section deals with a situation where a date has been appointed for the holding of an election, and there is reason to believe that a serious breach of the peace is likely to occur if the election is proceeded with on that date or it is impossible to conduct the election as a result of natural disasters or other emergencies, then the commission may postpone the election.

“You can see that this provision does not apply to a situation where an election has already been conducted or held, which is the present position in Rivers State.

“Since the elections in Rivers State have been held Saturday, INEC is bound by virtue of section 27 of the Electoral Act to announce the results. Having admitted in paragraph one of the Press Release that it has conducted elections on the 9th of March in Rivers State, INEC must by virtue of section 27 of the Electoral Act, announce the results.

“INEC’s decision to postpone the already held elections is ultra vires, illegal and unconstitutional. Such an unlawful decision can now be challenged in court by virtue of section 26 subsection 5 of the Electoral Act. The challenge can be launched by any of the many contestants at a court or tribunal of competent jurisdiction and on such a legal challenge, the decision of INEC shall also be suspended until the matter is determined.

“Our concerns about INEC and our lack of faith in the REC are continually validated. This was same way they suspended a by election we held a few months ago when it was clear we were winning. Now, the AAC candidate and several House of Assembly candidates supported by APC are cruising to victory and they do it again. Can they not just step out of the way and let the will of Rivers’ people prevail?

“Rivers state was largely peaceful. Why not deal with areas where you say you have violence and leave the other results to go through? It’s common sense. Why suspend a whole state? Wike will go. It is only a matter of time. We always knew this. Now the world knows it too. Not even INEC can save him”. The statement said.

https://leadership.ng/2019/03/10/rivers-election-suspension-illegal-apc-slams-inec/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by Thisis2raw(m): 12:33am On Mar 11, 2019
Nomzib1000:

U are spot on, My brother _in Law works in portharcourt, just cant get why a party who isnt on the ballot are so Interested... Buhari is a dullard who Cant control that mad dog called ameachi.... Causing havoc, and why is the military in rivers state... I thought there is unrest in the Northeast.... I av lost respect for the military... Dem no get level.. Our military don turn i never chop
I can't just say it, I well known cultist in my area was been excorted by the police and military as he went about shooting scaring innocent people and voters
This person am talking about is a person that has killed people that need to be locked up and the keys thrown away, is a person now that is been excorted by the military
Shame on Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by mkorle: 1:42am On Mar 11, 2019
landmark86:
Why River State like violent during election?
Are they the only state in Nigeria?
With all their gra gra overthere their vote no reach that of Kano, Kastina and Lagos.

I don't think I will marry my babe again if na dis dey take behave for their state.
thunder fire you. Who go marry u.
Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by Pavarottii(m): 1:55am On Mar 11, 2019
Bighead9:
APC is giving Wike a run for his money. Inec should allow the election go on. Amaechi will make an unknown Party defeat the lousy Wike.

Sai Amaechi, the Lion of Rivers.

I can't keep calm, I'm Celebrating Wike's defeat. Who cares to join me? I dey PH. grin
So u don't care if ameachi kills scores of people to achieve this?

1 Like

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by SKALLO: 4:24am On Mar 11, 2019
Wike must continue.. He is a good man.. If not for him ipob leader Nnamdi Kanu could have been a dead man by now.... He practically saved the man against his people. I mean the five eastern governors Wike must continue.. He is a good man.. If not for him ipob leader Nnamdi Kanu could have been a dead man by now.... He practically saved the man against his people. I mean the five eastern governors Wike must continue.. He is a good man.. If not for him ipob leader Nnamdi Kanu could have been a dead man by now.... He practically saved the man against his people. I mean the five eastern governors
Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by Bighead9: 5:23am On Mar 11, 2019
Pavarottii:

So u don't care if ameachi kills scores of people to achieve this?

We all know that Amaechi is not a killer, Wike is the killer. But his cup is full now, the security agents will protect everybody from Wike.
Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by alen4smith(m): 5:51am On Mar 11, 2019
franchasng:

tell your blood sucking demon of a governor to play by the rules set by INEC .you blame Buhari for the desperation of your Rivers politians. has rivers state witnessed any peaceful election?or you just choose to advertise ignorance.
Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by ellasky24: 6:34am On Mar 11, 2019
Buhari Govt has failed he want to tell me didn't hear or see the way the Nigeria army and police were carting away with ballot boxes ,or is it becos they are the oposing party One thing I surely know God will judge everyone according to their deed.just imagine what a force man who is supposed to be preaching peace is doing

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by saintadeola: 6:52am On Mar 11, 2019
don't mind those Bustard praising Buhari, am a presiding officer in rivers state, soldiers seize election results at d collation center, and they kept on writing result for AAC, it's so funny, free and fare, wike Will win, I testify to it, pdp is winning before apc start d show of shame
Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by saintadeola: 6:55am On Mar 11, 2019
apc in rivers is not rigging, if they are rigging is better, am a Corper and presiding officer ,they are desperately writing results for AAC, it's a show of shame, I gave up on this country, am finishing my nysc this week, bye bye to rivers, but I must tell u, apc is a disgrace and Buhari,
Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by saintadeola: 6:56am On Mar 11, 2019
even is u don't like pdp or Gov wike, if u see how apc and army start seizing result from us at the Center after election, they rewrite all d results

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

COVID-19 Will Make The Poor, Poorer – Buhari / APC Members Hold Walk For Tinubu And Other APC Candidates In Kwara State / Arewa Joint Committee: What Atiku Said In Kaduna Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.