Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire (4641 Views)

APC Crisis: Crack In Presidency Widens As Osinbajo Maintains Position / 2023: Crack In Buhari, Tinubu Camps Widens / PDP Governors Congratulate Buhari, Crack In Atiku’s Camp - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by dodelight(m): 10:05pm On Mar 10, 2019
Well, this is a very short piece, and a good news to all who desire justice in this land. The capital state of the Southwest Nigeria, Oyo State, has been taken away from the cruel hands of Bola Tinubu. Hopefully, the stolen mandate in Osun State shall be returned, too. Congratulations to all well meaning Nigeria!

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by afroniger: 10:12pm On Mar 10, 2019
You people must always find a way to drag Tinubu into everything. Ajimobi did two terms and failed to influence the election of his handpicked successor and you are blaming Tinubu just because he is supporting his party's candidates. This isn't a surprise though because one can't attain Tinubu's stature politically without attracting fierce political foes.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by afroniger: 10:12pm On Mar 10, 2019
Dp.

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by Shuku0kukobambi: 10:12pm On Mar 10, 2019
dodelight:
Well, this is a very short piece, and a good news to all who desire justice in this land. The capital state of the Southwest Nigeria, Oyo State, has been taken away from the cruel hands of Bola Tinubu. Hopefully, the stolen mandate in Osun State shall be returned, too. Congratulations to all well meaning Nigeria!

And I'm sure you'll celebrate that Kwankwaso installed his son in law as Kano governor o?

Hope you also celebrated Tinubu obliterating Saraki completely in Kwara?

Why can't you rejoice that Oyo state rebuked arrogant and uncouth Ajimobi, Kano rejected babariga ATM ganduje and Kwara punished Saraki for years of oppression?

This is people power. Has nothing to do with any godfather. If the winners mess up, in 4 years, the same fate awaits them

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by sangresan(m): 10:17pm On Mar 10, 2019
Shuku0kukobambi:

And I'm sure you'll celebrate that Kwankwaso installed his son in law as Kano governor o?

Why can't you rejoice that Oyo state rebuked arrogant and uncouth Ajimobi, Kano rejected babariga ATM ganduje and Kwara punished Saraki for years of oppression?

This is people power. Has nothing to do with any godfather. If the winners mess up, in 4 years, the same fate awaits them

Ignore that mumu op....Many of those who post on Nairaland are empty-headed anyway.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by Shuku0kukobambi: 10:19pm On Mar 10, 2019
sangresan:

Ignore that mumu op....Many of those who post on Nairaland are empty-headed anyway.

Their matter tire me
Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by dodelight(m): 10:20pm On Mar 10, 2019
Shuku0kukobambi:

As much as I wanted PDP to win Kwara during the presidential election, you don't actually know how relieved I was that Saraki was defeated. So, yes, enough is enough to godfatherism.

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by afroniger: 10:22pm On Mar 10, 2019
Shuku0kukobambi:

Are you minding him? Ajimobi broke the single term jinx of governors in the history of Oyo state. Until he achieved that every other governor only succeeded in doing a single term, including the late Bola Ige. That is how Oyo people like to play their politics. Instead of celebrating Makinde's victory they are making Tinubu the issue. Na real wah.

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by Shuku0kukobambi: 10:24pm On Mar 10, 2019
afroniger:

Are you minding him? Ajimobi broke the single term jinx of governors in the history of Oyo state. Until he achieved that every other governor only succeeded in doing a single term, including the late Bola Ige. That is how Oyo people like to play their politics. Instead of celebrating Makinde's victory they are making Tinubu the issue. Na real wah.

Ajimobi needed to be thought a lesson. He's the luckiest governor in Oyo history yet he messed it up. I'm just sad that his punishment also consumed SOJ and Adelabu.

I'll start hating Buhari if he gives him any appointment. Very arrogant mumu constituted authority

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by dodelight(m): 10:29pm On Mar 10, 2019
afroniger:

Forget that 'single term jinx' thrash! If your political warlord Tinubu was not concerned, why all the desperate moves to buy Ogbomoso's votes few days to the election? So, I Am not sorry for your loss!

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by afroniger: 10:37pm On Mar 10, 2019
Shuku0kukobambi:

Ajimobi needed to be thought a lesson. He's the luckiest governor in Oyo history yet he messed it up. I'm just sad that his punishment also consumed SOJ and Adelabu.

I'll start hating Buhari if he gives him any appointment. Very arrogant mumu constituted authority

That is classic democracy on display. Ajimobi lost the support of the grassroots and the APC has paid dearly for it. Personally I feel Adelabu would have made a better governor but the people felt they were overdue for a break from anything connected to Ajimobi (whom they have come to resent). Makinde only rode on that wave of discontent. I also think Oyo people are very fickle when it comes to politics. Bola Ige was rejected in favour of Olunloyo in 1983 (in spite of Awo and UPN's popularity) even though many felt Ige performed enough to deserve a second term. Makinde has four years to prove himself else he will experience the same fate.

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by afroniger: 10:41pm On Mar 10, 2019
dodelight:
Forget that 'single term jinx' thrash! If your political warlord Tinubu was not concerned, why all the desperate moves to buy Ogbomoso's votes few days to the election? So, I Am not sorry for your loss!

If you are upset that Tinubu did his best as a loyal party member to ensure that his party retains Oyo then that's your headache. Was he supposed to support PDP's Makinde instead of Adelabu? On what basis? Your bitterness is obviously clouding your sense of judgement. You are better off enjoying and cerebrating Makinde's victory without so much bitterness dude.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by Shuku0kukobambi: 10:52pm On Mar 10, 2019
afroniger:

That is classic democracy on display. Ajimobi lost the support of the grassroots and the APC has paid dearly for it. Personally I feel Adelabu would have made a better governor but the people felt they were overdue for a break from anything connected to Ajimobi (whom they have come to resent). Makinde only rode on that wave of discontent. I also think Oyo people are very fickle when it comes to politics. Bola Ige was rejected in favour of Olunloyo in 1983 (in spite of Awo and UPN's popularity) even though many felt Ige performed enough to deserve a second term. Makinde has four years to prove himself else he will experience the same fate.

That's why no matter how you see Tinubu, he'll remain relevant because he knows the street controls things and he remains loyal to the streets. Ajimobi and Amosun think you just become a godfather because you have position. That's the lesson bukola also refused to learn from his father, Olusola. Never forget the streets and those who control it. Ganduje also paid because he insulted the streets with that dollar video.

You're right about Oyo, particularly Ibadan as being fickle voters. They tire of leaders easily. PDP would have won in 2015 if not that greed made them splinter into 4 candidates facing ajimobi. Seyi will not get more than 4 years. It's written in the stars. Na Oyo state we dey talk grin

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by dodelight(m): 10:53pm On Mar 10, 2019
afroniger:

If you are upset that Tinubu did his best as a loyal party member to ensure that his party retains Oyo then that's your headache. Was he supposed to support PDP's Makinde instead of Adelabu? On what basis? Your bitterness is obviously clouding your sense of judgement. You are better off enjoying and cerebrating Makinde's victory without so much bitterness dude.
Obviously your loss is beclouding your judgement. It's apparent you support all the activities of Tinubu towards buying a people if it guarantees his party victory. You lots are the actual problem of this country. It's obvious you are angry that Tinubu featured in the failed equation. No wonder your evil party failed to improve on our electoral system so you can always manipulate it in your favour. But don't worry, your days are numbered!

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by Basic123: 10:56pm On Mar 10, 2019
dodelight:

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by afroniger: 11:05pm On Mar 10, 2019
Shuku0kukobambi:

That's why no matter how you see Tinubu, he'll remain relevant because he knows the street controls things and he remains loyal to the streets. Ajimobi and Amosun think you just become a godfather because you have position. That's the lesson bukola also refused to learn from his father, Olusola. Never forget the streets and those who control it. Ganduje also paid because he insulted the streets with that dollar video.

You're right about Oyo, particularly Ibadan as being fickle voters. They tire of leaders easily. PDP would have won in 2015 if not that greed made them splinter into 4 candidates facing ajimobi. Seyi will not get more than 4 years. It's written in the stars. Na Oyo state we dey talk grin

That is the secret behind the 'staying power' of all successful political 'godfathers'. The educated class of voters seem to be oblivious of this fact though, it seems. Tinubu is only relevant because the grassroots still support his leadership. They are the real influencers who can motivate the real voters with PVCs to go out and vote on election day. The day he loses their support is the day he will lose his relevance. Many of the ones that come online to rant don't even live in Lagos nor will they go out to stand in line to vote (that is even if they have PVCs) but they make a lot of useless noise all over the place.

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by Gandollar(f): 11:07pm On Mar 10, 2019
Shuku0kukobambi:

... bookmarked grin
Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by Shuku0kukobambi: 11:15pm On Mar 10, 2019
afroniger:

That is the secret behind the 'staying power' of all successful political 'godfathers'. The educated class of voters seem to be oblivious of this fact though, it seems. Tinubu is only relevant because the grassroots still support his leadership. They are the real influencers who can motivate the real voters at the grassroots with PVCs to go out and vote on election day. The day he loses their support is the day he will lose his relevance. Many of the ones that come online to rant don't even live in Lagos nor will they go out to stand in line to vote (that is even if hey have PVCs) but they make a lot of useless noise all over the place.

I'm tired of educating the emotional dunces we have on NL. See how OUK strolled into Abia with APC and he commandeered a whole senatorial zone because of street credibility?

That's what Buhari has. That's what Tinubu has. That's what Atiku doesn't have that made him get flogged like a class dullard. Even Kwankwaso used him as mascot for his kwankwasiya movt and the mumu thought they were campaigning for him.

Olusola Saraki never lost the street till he died. Adedibu never lost the street till he died. Ojukwu never lost the streets till he died. If Tinubu doesn't lose the confidence of the grassroots, only death will end his relevance.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by Shuku0kukobambi: 11:16pm On Mar 10, 2019
Gandollar:
... bookmarked grin

Abeg record am.

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by agabusta: 11:30pm On Mar 10, 2019
afroniger:

Thank you for this piece.

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by raumdeuter: 11:31pm On Mar 10, 2019
Shuku0kukobambi:

I'm tired of educating the emotional dunces we have on NL. See how OUK strolled into Abia with APC and he commandeered a whole senatorial zone because of street credibility?

That's what Buhari has. That's what Tinubu has. That's what Atiku doesn't have that made him get flogged like a class dullard. Even Kwankwaso used him as mascot for his kwankwasiya movt and the mumu thought they were campaigning for him.

Olusola Saraki never lost the street till he died. Adedibu never lost the street till he died. Ojukwu never lost the streets till he died. If Tinubu doesn't lose the confidence of the grassroots, only death will end his relevance.

Looks like you read my post yesterday

raumdeuter:

Tinubu has something which most people dont understand that is why he will always excel

1. He is a grassroot man. He might be rich but he never forgets his poor people like Vulcanisers, market women, conductors etc. who are always loyal to him.
WHen tinubu was governor we used to hear of how he goes to Island to his root to hang out with boys even smoke weed with them. But other politicians will get to power and only stick to VGC and Ikoyi
Elections are not won by elites in VGC rather by artisans in Iyana-Ipaja

Fashola spent 8yrs as governor, Ambode spent 4, How many times did they go to all these lowly people. At a time Fashola was tagged governor of Lagos Island since they dont feel his effect in low places. That is why none of them can win their ward if Tinubu goes against them.

Tinubu always reminds his followers never to forget the grassroot because they will determine your fate. All those who forgot the grassroot always suffer

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by agabusta: 11:33pm On Mar 10, 2019
Shuku0kukobambi:

Give Ajimobi appointment ke? That would be a fatal error.

The ministerial appointment should be given to Adelabu for him to show us his worth. That Ajimobi with his arrogance and uncouth utterances deserve nothing but political oblivion.

Election loss at a particular time, is just a temporary set back as we have witnessed since 1999. Kudos to Adelabu for his efforts.

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by StOla: 11:41pm On Mar 10, 2019
agabusta:

The ministerial appointment should be given to Adelabu for him to show us his worth. That Ajimobi with his arrogance and uncouth utterances deserve nothing but political oblivion.

Election loss at a particular time, is just a temporary set back as we have witnessed since 1999. Kudos to Adelabu for his efforts.

I have already posited too that Ajimobi must not be given any federal role in Buhari's government.

The people of his own senatorial zone have rejected him, so he does not deserve to represent Oyo. He will only be a continued source of disaffection between Oyo electorate and APC, which will only be to APC's continued loss.

The people of Oyo mean Ajimobi, God help anyone who stands too close to him.

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by Shuku0kukobambi: 11:42pm On Mar 10, 2019
raumdeuter:

Looks like you read my post yesterday

Back in the University, my Lagos guys who were close to ojuyobo (as Tinubu was known that time) used to regal us with tales of how he drives himself to party with the boys of isale eko and other places at ungodly hours. I used to wonder how possible.

It's a lesson I applied at my first place of work after graduation and till today, years after leaving there, I still benefit from it. There's nothing like the loyalty of guys at the lower rungs. Nothing as pure

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by Shuku0kukobambi: 11:46pm On Mar 10, 2019
agabusta:

Adelabu is a good material for the future and he needs to be groomed. I hope he's carried along.

I'll be rooting for Seyi Makinde to succeed. If he succeeds, Oyo will benefit.

Ajimobi should just retire to the street he bought in oluyole and allow us work with our new governor

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by raumdeuter: 11:53pm On Mar 10, 2019
Shuku0kukobambi:

Back in the University, my Lagos guys who were close to ojuyobo (as Tinubu was known that time) used to regal us with tales of how he drives himself to party with the boys of isale eko and other places at ungodly hours. I used to wonder how possible.

It's a lesson I applied at my first place of work after graduation and till today, years after leaving there, I still benefit from it. There's nothing like the loyalty of guys at the lower rungs. Nothing as pure

Same I heard. Those days in the early 2000 I even heard gists that one day Tinubu was high and was asking his fellow weed guys at Isale-Eko
"Won ma n pemi lojuyobo, e gbo, shey oju eleyi jobo" They all started laughing

I heard how he frequently visit his mother in Lagos Island and plays with all the area boys

One thing is when you are in a high position, always be nice to people way below you. They already expect you to be proud and arrogant, by being so nice and meeting them on their level, they will respect you extra

And one thing, those type of people are more loyal than the rich folks

I am from Oyo State, I support APC but I am also glad Ajimobi lost. His arrogance was out of this world, he speaks like he is doing people a favour by being governor

I hope Seyi succeeds as it will benefit us all. I hope he doesnt go back to the pattern of PDP in Oyo of old

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by BluntBoy(m): 12:03am On Mar 11, 2019
dodelight:
Forget that 'single term jinx' thrash! If your political warlord Tinubu was not concerned , why all the desperate moves to buy Ogbomoso's votes few days to the election? So, I Am not sorry for your loss!

So, Tinubu should have just sat down and pretended not to be an APC chieftain?

The way you people reason, ehn. Totally disgusting!!!

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by Shuku0kukobambi: 4:09am On Mar 11, 2019
raumdeuter:

Same I heard. Those days in the early 2000 I even heard gists that one day Tinubu was high and was asking his fellow weed guys at Isale-Eko
"Won ma n pemi lojuyobo, e gbo, shey oju eleyi jobo" They all started laughing

I heard how he frequently visit his mother in Lagos Island and plays with all the area boys

One thing is when you are in a high position, always be nice to people way below you. They already expect you to be proud and arrogant, by being so nice and meeting them on their level, they will respect you extra

And one thing, those type of people are more loyal than the rich folks

I am from Oyo State, I support APC but I am also glad Ajimobi lost. His arrogance was out of this world, he speaks like he is doing people a favour by being governor

I hope Seyi succeeds as it will benefit us all. I hope he doesnt go back to the pattern of PDP in Oyo of old

The bold is my only worry. In fairness to Ajimobi, he dealt decisively with criminality and the bad boys just like Amaechi did for us in PH. Ajimobi spent a lot on security and it showed. He saved Oyo from the brigandage of PDP and their henchmen.

I just hope PDP's return won't bring back crime and violence as we've witnessed this election cycle

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by franchasng: 4:14am On Mar 11, 2019
afroniger:
You people must always find a way to drag Tinubu into everything. Ajimobi did two terms and failed to influence the election of his handpicked successor and you are blaming Tinubu just because he is supporting his party's candidates. This isn't a surprise though because one can't attain Tinubu's stature politically without attracting fierce political foes.
You are absolutely right.

Tinubu has more political enemies now than ever because of his political success; it is very normal in life for humans to hate and gang-up against the most successful person or for other family members to hate and gang-up against the most successful member of their family, it is normal in life, the same reason Igbos are so hated by so many tribes in Nigeria and they always gang-up against Igbos for no just cause but purely out of unbridled envy, jealousy and mischief, so I agree with you sir cool

Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by dodelight(m): 8:13am On Mar 11, 2019
BluntBoy:

So, Tinubu should have just sat down and pretended not to be an APC chieftain?

The way you people reason, ehn. Totally disgusting!!!

The way you people use your brain is annoying. How did i find myself in the same country with you lots? I can see you support everything about Tinubu once it's in the interest of his party. Are his activities in the interest of this nation or his own selfish ambition? So spare me of your party chieftain nonsense!
Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by idiIbadan: 8:22am On Mar 11, 2019
Re: Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire by 989900: 8:33am On Mar 11, 2019
afroniger:

That is the secret behind the 'staying power' of all successful political 'godfathers'. The educated class of voters seem to be oblivious of this fact though, it seems. Tinubu is only relevant because the grassroots still support his leadership. They are the real influencers who can motivate the real voters with PVCs to go out and vote on election day. The day he loses their support is the day he will lose his relevance. Many of the ones that come online to rant don't even live in Lagos nor will they go out to stand in line to vote (that is even if they have PVCs) but they make a lot of useless noise all over the place.

GBAM!!!!

That was why even though PMB intervened for Ambode, and Tinubu was ready to reconcile with him, but the fear of the streets (the unforgiving APC Mandate Group) left Tinubu with tied hands, he just had to bow to the mandate group.

Tinubu realized he is the Jagaban/Godfather by the grace of these folks and God alone. Ajimobi OTOH, thinks he is next to God . . . childish, arrogant mfxcker.

National Assembly To Pass 2020 Budget On Nov. 28 / Breaking News!!! Latest Pics Of The Nnamdi Kanu Of The Ijaws!!! / We Have 1.8bn Litres Of Fuel For February And March - NNPC

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86