Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME, DE As Application Closes - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME, DE As Application Closes (11077 Views)

ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA / 2020 UTME: JAMB Registers 700,000 Candidates In 2 Weeks / JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME, DE As Application Closes by Mrakeli: 6:09am On Mar 12, 2019
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) had for the past six weeks, put the application documents for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME/Direct Entry) on sale.The sale of the UTME and DE application documents commenced on Thursday, January 10th, 2019 and ended on Thursday, February 21st, 2019.

The number of candidates that registered for the 2019 UTME increased due to the fee slashed by the Federal Government from N5, 000 to N3, 500. Many candidates who were interviewed disclosed that they were encouraged to register when they discovered that they could afford the new fee.

The UTME is for candidates seeking admission into universities, polytechnics/monotechnics, innovative enterprise institutions and colleges of education. Direct Entry (DE) application is for direct admission to second year for first degree programmes. It is mandatory for all candidates to take the UTME to be eligible for admissions while the DE candidates would have had an advanced qualification before being considered for admission.

At the close of the sale of e-PIN on Thursday, February 21st, 1,855,633 million candidates had registered for the UTME and 93,748 candidates for DE application. Also 55,214 candidates who purchased the e-PIN on the last day were allowed to register before the close of registration on Monday, February 25th, 2019.

At the close of registration on Monday, February 25th, 2019, 1,881,488 million candidates registered for the 2019 UTME. In the 2016 UTME, before Prof. Is-haq Oloyede assumed office, the board registered 1,592,462 million candidates. An increase of 129,774 candidates was recorded in the 2017 UTME as the board registered 1,722,236 million candidates.

In 2017, the board introduced innovations such as profile creation to modification of the biometric capturing already in existence in the registration process to eliminate all forms of impersonationandimprovetheregistration process.

There was also asignificant improvement in the number of candidates registered in the 2018 exercise with much improved innovations which include live picture capturing, biometrics capturing of ten fingers. The process of profile creation was modified with candidates sending their names to a code for their profile to be registered.

This system made the registration process faster and eliminated cases of wrong spelling of names.The 2019 registration is peculiar in many forms. This is the first time in decades that the board application fee will be reviewed downward.

The slash triggered an upsurge of candidates registering for the 2019 UTME. Within six weeks, the board captured over 1.8 million candidates along with their biometrics, names and other forms of identities that could be used for the UTME and other developmental needs of the country.

The board at the commencement of the 2019 registration exercise announced that it would not reschedule it examination particularly for candidates with biometric challenges. It stated that all candidates whose fingers could not be captured at the point of registration must visit the headquarters of the board in Bwari, to have their issues addressed.

From the just concluded exercise, it was noticed that many of the challenges associated with biometric during registration were man-made. Before the close of the registration, about 50 candidates whose fingers could not be captured throughout the country were invited to the board’s headquarters, but only 22 out of that number reported for capturing.

Unlike the previous years’exercises where over 24, 000 candidates who claimed to have biometric challenges had their examinations rescheduled. It is the desire of the board that henceforth, all biometric challenges would be attended to at the board’s headquarters.

It is, therefore, imperative to note that the board has been able to surmount some of the challenges bedeviling not only candidates’registration but other aspects of national life as well with the courage of its convictions.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/03/jamb-registers-18m-candidates-for-utme.html

Re: JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME, DE As Application Closes by Segtobi(m): 6:35am On Mar 12, 2019
FTC

Issokay
Re: JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME, DE As Application Closes by Dozie32(m): 6:36am On Mar 12, 2019
Please where can I buy jamb to study bombing and Islamic studies?

4 Likes

Re: JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME, DE As Application Closes by seunak2016: 6:36am On Mar 12, 2019
hmm...I hope they remit all the jamb money to Fed govt account and don't want to hear snake swallowed money again

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME, DE As Application Closes by ElRapido: 6:38am On Mar 12, 2019
Re: JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME, DE As Application Closes by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:40am On Mar 12, 2019
All the best to you guys in your exams.

Go and Excel.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME, DE As Application Closes by ojun50(m): 6:42am On Mar 12, 2019
Dozie32:
grave yard in yr village

1 Like

Re: JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME, DE As Application Closes by huzyboy: 6:44am On Mar 12, 2019
...and each candidate pays about 5k or so. You can imagine how much JAMB is getting.
Re: JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME, DE As Application Closes by EdenH: 6:46am On Mar 12, 2019
And which faculty can i study islamic raping & killing??
Re: JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME, DE As Application Closes by femoboy(m): 6:48am On Mar 12, 2019
Pls is there still late form?
Re: JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME, DE As Application Closes by Realdeals(m): 6:48am On Mar 12, 2019
Assuming about 60% of them meet the admission requirements, where are the institution that'll absorbed them.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME, DE As Application Closes by yusufyo: 6:49am On Mar 12, 2019
So DE too is closed?
Re: JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME, DE As Application Closes by shamack: 6:53am On Mar 12, 2019
This jamb man is making lot of money for FG since appointed....I could remember the jamb registrar's during PDP era

3 Likes

Re: JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME, DE As Application Closes by aragonchuks(m): 6:56am On Mar 12, 2019
1.8m candidates to study the useless Nigerian curriculum,
Re: JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME, DE As Application Closes by qanda: 7:00am On Mar 12, 2019
Access JAMB Past Questions and Answers (1999 - 2017) for FREE on Q and A App. To download the App, search for "q and a" on Playstore, the App is the first App that will be returned in the search result. I wish you the best in your preparations.

Re: JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME, DE As Application Closes by Profamir(m): 7:22am On Mar 12, 2019
Is your head paining you?

Dozie32:
Re: JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME, DE As Application Closes by iykenex(m): 7:33am On Mar 12, 2019
shamack:
This jamb man is making lot of money for FG since appointed....I could remember the jamb registrar's during PDP era
Let me educate you a bit, the new jamb boss is out to make money, everything now about jamb is money, apart from registration fee, correction of data during the time of registration is now is #2500, but during the time of formal jamb boss it was free, change of course/institutions now is a continuous process, even now one can still make change and as many times as possible at the rate of #2500, but before change of course/ institution is for a limited time, printing of result and admission letter now is compulsory unlike the time of the formal boss.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME, DE As Application Closes by Toluabigr8(m): 7:40am On Mar 12, 2019
Pls has D. E close too?
Re: JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME, DE As Application Closes by Igahbarr: 7:52am On Mar 12, 2019
Go to sambisa forest and purchase your jamb pin
Re: JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME, DE As Application Closes by mysteriousman(m): 7:55am On Mar 12, 2019
Toluabigr8:
Pls has D. E close too?
Yes they said so
Re: JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME, DE As Application Closes by northvietnam(m): 7:56am On Mar 12, 2019
If u have Jamb DE... Available please dm, I will connect u to someone Who will buy it 5k please
Re: JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME, DE As Application Closes by shamsin6300(m): 8:11am On Mar 12, 2019
Dozie32:

IF U KEEP ON SEEING ISLAM IN THAT ASPECT,,,,, U WILL CONTINUE 2B IN ILLITERACY MOOD

1 Like

Re: JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME, DE As Application Closes by Rajahrosco(m): 8:16am On Mar 12, 2019
Dozie32:
ask your pastor

1 Like

Re: JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME, DE As Application Closes by rolams(m): 8:19am On Mar 12, 2019
EdenH:
And which faculty can i study islamic raping & killing??

You think you are making sense with this comment right? Don't insult other people's religion and don't hurt your fellow human being so that you won't experience the same. How does this comment correlate with the topic? Religion teaches moral. May God forgive you.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME, DE As Application Closes by Rajahrosco(m): 8:20am On Mar 12, 2019
post=76577106:
All the best to you guys in your exams.

Go and Excel.
thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME, DE As Application Closes by logiktech(m): 8:28am On Mar 12, 2019
@heavensgate
Re: JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME, DE As Application Closes by LIIU: 8:35am On Mar 12, 2019
I heard D.E can still be opened but I dont know how true this is!!!!
Re: JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME, DE As Application Closes by YoungBlackRico(m): 9:29am On Mar 12, 2019
LIIU:
I heard D.E can still be opened but I dont know how true this is!!!!
Unless a miracle occurs, don't bank on it. This new jamb boss his a diick and he's running that organisation like he did unilorin.
Re: JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME, DE As Application Closes by Kirchhoff01(m): 9:36am On Mar 12, 2019
Please how much is this

Re: JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME, DE As Application Closes by cinoboy: 11:35am On Mar 12, 2019
How To Pass JAMB 2019/2020 Easily Without Cheating
]url=https://naijaschool.com.ng/?s=how+to+pass+jamb+2019%2F2020[/url]
Re: JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME, DE As Application Closes by Frezhkid10(m): 11:47am On Mar 12, 2019
Kirchhoff01:
Please how much is this
....yeeepa...see money 6.5 billion!!!!!!
Re: JAMB Registers 1.8m Candidates For UTME, DE As Application Closes by Mycoin(m): 11:58am On Mar 12, 2019
huzyboy:
...and each candidate pays about 5k or so. You can imagine how much JAMB is getting.
You mean how much they are busy making for the federal government right.
that's awesome and cool on the professor's side
more kudos

(1) (2) (Reply)

Benue State University Reduces Cut-off Mark For Law,medicine & Others / Federal University Of Technology Akure(futa) Post Ume Screening Date Is Out / 3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.