Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

God will come through for me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / God will come through for me (6876 Views)

Does Genotype Affect God's Will In Marriage? / God will always take control / I Will Be So Happy If I See Help That Can Make My Wish Come Through (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

God will come through for me by Pinkie2018(f): 10:04am On Mar 12, 2019
Jesus is the ultimate healer

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: God will come through for me by Officialgarri: 10:06am On Mar 12, 2019
Your mum is a gold digger and I see the trait in you too undecided

36 Likes

Re: God will come through for me by LuciferRedeemed: 10:14am On Mar 12, 2019
1. Your father remarried but your mother couldn't shows that she is the one with the issues
2. Your mother is materialistic
3. Your mother wants you to remain as miserable and unloved as she is (a feminist trait)
4. Your mother is scared you will achieve something she couldn't so she is out to ruin it by any means necessary

Verdict: Your mom is bitter she cannot keep a home and doesn't want you to get a happy & long-lasting marriage - something she doesn't have.

Solution: Align with your father & siblings, get married. Ignore her rants. Make sure you build your home.
Once your marriage is about 5 years and 2 kids old, she will either swallow her pride & embrace you or commit suicide.

*spits angry

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: God will come through for me by Pinkie2018(f): 10:14am On Mar 12, 2019
Officialgarri:
I have never being in support of her complains. This is no advice pls

5 Likes

Re: God will come through for me by Pinkie2018(f): 10:15am On Mar 12, 2019
Officialgarri:
I have never being in support of her complains. This is no advice pls
Re: God will come through for me by Pinkie2018(f): 10:16am On Mar 12, 2019
LuciferRedeemed:
1. Your father remarried but your mother couldn't shows that she is the one with the issues
2. Your mother is materialistic
3. Your mother wants you to remain as miserable and unloved as she is (a feminist trait)

Verdict: Your mom is bitter she cannot keep a home and doesn't want you to get a happy & long-lasting marriage - something she doesn't have.

*spits angry
Re: God will come through for me by dingbang(m): 10:17am On Mar 12, 2019
Your mum is the problem, reason why your dad divorced her. Your dad wants the best for you thats why he supports your decision.

10 Likes

Re: God will come through for me by LuciferRedeemed: 10:23am On Mar 12, 2019
Officialgarri:

I doubt if she agrees with her mom - reason she opened this thread.
She is obviously battling that African mental slavery notion to always "obey one's parents" no matter how illogical their actions may seem.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: God will come through for me by Pinkie2018(f): 10:27am On Mar 12, 2019
LuciferRedeemed:

I doubt if she agrees with her mom - reason she opened this thread.
She is obviously battling that African mental slavery notion to always "obey one's parents" no matter how illogical their actions may seem.
Exactly. But right now I don't think her blessing would matter.
Re: God will come through for me by extremelygolden: 10:54am On Mar 12, 2019
My dear, you better go ahead and marry. Hence you have God, your father and other members of the family in support, kindly start preparation for your wedding.

Your mother wants to ruin your life. Don't allow her make you end up an old maid in her house.

8 Likes

Re: God will come through for me by PuZZyNegro: 11:56am On Mar 12, 2019
Pinkie2018:

Since you have concluded that her blessing doesn't matter right now , WHY ARE YOU HERE?

4 Likes

Re: God will come through for me by Pinkie2018(f): 12:09pm On Mar 12, 2019
PuZZyNegro:

Since you have concluded that her blessing doesnl't matter right now , WHY ARE YOU HERE?
reasonable advice pls
Re: God will come through for me by PuZZyNegro: 12:24pm On Mar 12, 2019
Pinkie2018:
reasonable advice pls

See this dolt

4 Likes

Re: God will come through for me by nonye6194: 12:37pm On Mar 12, 2019
Pinkie2018:
I'm a 24 year old lady and currently in my finals in a higher institution. My parent are separated since my early childhood. My dad remarried but my mum refused to remarry. Back in 2017, a guy came for my hand in marriage, my father was supportive but my mother refused outrightly even without meeting the guy claiming he's from Owerri, his house is a stone throw to us and saying he hasn't completed his house(Under construction then, 4 bedroom flat) and his job wasn't lucrative enough.
Last year another one that came back from USA came back to marry me, she refused too without meeting him claiming he isn't a graduate and hasn't built a house. That same year I showed her pics of the one in Malaysia, immediately she said she doesnt like him.This year again another one came, he is a business man living in lagos ,he spoke with my father and he likes him but immediately I called my mother the first question she asked me was "Has he built, if he hasnt tell him to go? ". I'm confused, should I let him go or go ahead with only my father's approval because I love this guy and he is taking care of me. His whole family like me, my sister, father, step-mom and other relatives are supportive but my mum is ever non bulging. I feel she doesn't want I and my sister to get married. Pls I need your sincere advice

madam. all these four bedroom, Malaysia, etc suitors that you're entertaining, which one have you really had a courtship with, shared and talked about each others ambitions and long term goals in life? which one have you dated for a period enough to study? no be to jump on a successful guy to the next in few months is the koko o. what if tomorrow he loses everything, would you still love him like you're now? Or you marry and find out he was pretending to be a good guy with money to woo you.

Have you prayed and sought after God for a perfect partner for you. it's a lifetime commitment not football contract.

As for your mother, sit her down and talk to her, see her reasons and tell her yours too. y'all should talk out whatever it is between you and her aversion to the guys (suitors) you bring home. I won't advise my enemy to get married without both parent's blessings.

And finally, in the words of J cole.

'CHOOSE WISELY'

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: God will come through for me by Olatoman(m): 12:42pm On Mar 12, 2019
Hi Pinkie2018, this is a precarious situation you in.
Your Mum is obviously setting standards for you, and unfortunately, they are short-sighted standards (sorry if this offends you).
But the bone of contention here is this, it is you who is going to settle down, not your mother, her blessing is a plus for your decision.

But you need to stand your ground, what do you love about yourself, and what do you want in your Man?

Also, some things you said are pointers to your Mums behaviour:
1. She refused to remarry; either cause she loves your Dad enough not to, or she decided not to, or better still, suitors gave a clear berth.
2. Her concern seems to centre on if your suitor as built his house, honestly, I find this far-reaching and think you should explain to her that, if
that was a prerequisite in her days, it doesn't need to apply to you.
3. Third, this is most importantly, whatever grudges/pain she's holding in which she is using to rein you and your sister back in, she as to let go
and let you live your own lives respectively.

In all, this is your Life, and decisions you don't make today may never be made again.

Enjoy your day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: God will come through for me by keepingmum: 1:20pm On Mar 12, 2019
Either your mum is setting poor standards for you, or you are being economical with the truth
X3 of your “ex” suitors are “abroadians” – what do they do for a living? You don’t know. Are they married in the abroad and only interested in marrying you as the Nigerian hen, only good for laying Nigerian eggs? You didn’t answer.

Now your mum keeps hamping on about “has he built his own house”?

Where there relatives living with your parents during their marriage? Did your father’s people contribute to the demise of your parents marriage? Living with inlaws is a no –no , most ESPECIALLY during the first 5 years of marriage which is often the delicate times.
These men who express interest in you, do they intend marrying you into their family homes and then “return to the abroad to work on your papers?”
The one that came from Lagos, what type of “business” is he into?
How well do you know any of these “suitors”?

You are only 24, my advise is simple, don’t disregard your mum’s advise but at the same time, draw up your ideal man, your ideal marital situation and have a heart to heart conversation with both your parents…..finally, NEVER rush into marriage
Dont get married to anyone just because your mum is nagging you - trust me, your mum will tolerate your excesses more than a husband would.....and dont get married to someone simply because he has his own home or because he is "rich" or because you feel old.

Most important thing i would say is this, have your own income - enough to sustain your OWN living expenses - i am not talking about make up and hair and wears, i mean enough to pay your bills such as rent, transportation, feeding etc BEFORE and AFTER you do get married.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God will come through for me by cococandy(f): 6:38pm On Mar 12, 2019
Totally true

She may not want the inconvenience of the girl living with in-laws. But she’s probably not communicating this very well to the girl so she doesn’t know it.

OP you’re an adult , you should be able to talk to your mom and find out what her reasons are.
Anyone who tells you your mom wants you to be miserable is a messenger from hades. Don’t listen to such.

keepingmum:
Either your mum is setting poor standards for you, or you are being economical with the truth
X3 of your “ex” suitors are “abroadians” – what do they do for a living? You don’t know. Are they married in the abroad and only interested in marrying you as the Nigerian hen, only good for laying Nigerian eggs? You didn’t answer.

Where there relatives living with your parents during their marriage? Did your father’s people contribute to the demise of your parents marriage? Living with inlaws is a no –no , most ESPECIALLY during the first 5 years of marriage which is often the delicate times.
These men who express interest in you, do they intend marrying you into their family homes and then “return to the abroad to work on your papers?”
You are only 24, my advise is simple, don’t disregard your mum’s advise but at the same time, draw up your ideal man, your ideal marital situation and have a heart to heart conversation with both your parents…..finally, NEVER rush into marriage

6 Likes

Re: God will come through for me by MrBottle: 7:15pm On Mar 12, 2019
Adanne, all this ya suitors get K-legs somehow.

List out what you want in a husband but first of all exclude this guys for the meantime

Okey Malaysia

Edu China

Ome ego na America

Akunwata na Lagos

Akunwafor na Brazil.

21 Likes

Re: God will come through for me by ifyalways(f): 8:33pm On Mar 12, 2019
Lol but OP you be hot cake sha.

The way you attract and discard ndi Obodo Oyibo cheesy

Pinkie2018:
So what the purpose of this thread

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: God will come through for me by Pinkie2018(f): 11:11pm On Mar 12, 2019
keepingmum:

his family actually contributed to their separation but my mum is taking everything to heart even after many years. A man mustn't own his own house before marriage. I just want to settle down. My mum troubles my life, she doesn't give me a breathing space under her roof
Re: God will come through for me by Pinkie2018(f): 11:14pm On Mar 12, 2019
MrBottle:

Adanne, all this ya suitors get K-legs somehow.

List out what you want in a husband but first of all exclude this guys for the meantime

Okey Malaysia

Edu China

Ome ego na America

Akunwata na Lagos

Akunwafor na Brazil.
lol my dear me too I don't know o
Re: God will come through for me by Pinkie2018(f): 11:16pm On Mar 12, 2019
I just don't know what else to do.
ifyalways:
Lol but OP you be hot cake sha.

The way you attract and discard ndi Obodo Oyibo cheesy

So what the purpose of this thread
Re: God will come through for me by Pinkie2018(f): 11:17pm On Mar 12, 2019
What if I see the one that has built mansion tomorrow but he doesn't want to wife me or wants to wife me but I don't like him?? I'm really in dilemma
Re: God will come through for me by victorian(f): 11:28pm On Mar 12, 2019
Pinkie2018:
What if I see the one that has built mansion tomorrow but he doesn't want to wife me or wants to wife me but I don't like him?? I'm really in dilemma

Sorry but you are not ready for marriage . You are as materialistic as your mum, if not ? You would have gotten married since !
U should be in your early 20s, don't worry u have enough time to wait for a man who has built a mansion and love you so much.

So be patient , such man ? God is still creating him. Be patient biko.

To live for mansion is the in thing now o.

Smhhhh.

Keep waiting u here?

4 Likes

Re: God will come through for me by nwanneniiii: 12:10am On Mar 13, 2019
Lol.see her broke face cheesy
If you dey this young and you dey show poor like this,I wonder what your mum will look like grin
I wonder why a man Will hustle and come back only to come and marry a poor person.
Gold digging dirty thing!

3 Likes

Re: God will come through for me by DeeMain(m): 12:29am On Mar 13, 2019
Pinkie2018:

Nne, from the way you are going about this your dilemma you may be entering the lion's den with your eyes wide open.

You seem not to have developed a strong sense of self, a sense of what you want in life and in a man, nor grasped a sense of what your values are and a sense of what counts.

I believe growing up with your mum has distorted your thinking regarding marriage.

Your mum is bitter and angry and stuck in a painful past. She may have subconsciously or consciously made a vow to sabotage all her daughters' marriages and poison your minds about marriages or to pick spouses for you that will end the way her's ended.

Bottomline: If you are not careful what happened to your mum will happen to you.

It's not a God forbid matter, it's about breaking free from a mindset, a stronghold and a pattern in your mind nurtured by your parents.

To break free from this, free yourself from the imprisoning hold of your controlling mum.

Then purge yourself of all the toxic things she may have dumped in there.

Then renew and transform your mind concerning getting married and sustaining a healthy marriage.

Know yourself. Your strengths, weaknesses, values, likes, dislikes, needs, wants. Choose whom you want to marry carefully to complement you. Know what you really want in a man.

Please, don't say he must build his own house/mansion.

Count only what counts.

May God help you. You sure need it.

4 Likes

Re: God will come through for me by cococandy(f): 2:15am On Mar 13, 2019
It’s true he doesn’t have to have a house . You guys can rent and build yours together. Talk to her about that and make her understand your POV.

Yes even if it’s 30 years ago that it happened, it will still be fresh to her whenever her own daughter is about to marry. Because she will probably not want the same for you.
Pinkie2018:
his family actually contributed to their separation but my mum is taking everything to heart even after many years. A man mustn't own his own house before marriage. I just want to settle down. My mum troubles my life, she doesn't give me a breathing space under her roof

3 Likes

Re: God will come through for me by Mizwisdom(f): 6:24am On Mar 13, 2019
Pinkie2018:

If her blessing doesn't matter, why do you still need advice? Go ahead and marry without her blessings, live with whatever good or bad consequences you'll face. I don't see the point of this if her blessing doesn't count. I was thinking that you were concerned about her blessing but if it's not an issue, you can make your own decisions and live with them

3 Likes

Re: God will come through for me by Gloriagee(f): 7:44am On Mar 13, 2019
Cyber bullying. You are soooo mean. She doesn't look poor and even if she does, it's not a crime to be poor but its def a crime to be a thief.

nwanneniiii:
Lol.see her broke face cheesy
If you dey this young and you dey show poor like this,I wonder what your mum will look like grin
I wonder why a man Will hustle and come back only to come and marry a poor person.
Gold digging dirty thing!

4 Likes

Re: God will come through for me by Gloriagee(f): 7:51am On Mar 13, 2019
I had to read her post again and cant see where she said , a mansion is a criteria, so come off your high horse. She said her mom has been harping on if any of the suitors have houses. Not once did she mention if any of them do. Basically, shes wondering how a mansion translates to marital bliss and also thinking its likely that bloke can have a mansion, be well mannered et al and still decide shes not his spec. So, I concur with her as those are valid concerns.

victorian:

Sorry but you are not ready for marriage . You are as materialistic as your mum, if not ? You would have gotten married since !
U should be in your early 20s, don't worry u have enough time to wait for a man who has built a mansion and love you so much.

So be patient , such man ? God is still creating him. Be patient biko.

To live for mansion is the in thing now o.

Smhhhh.

Keep waiting u here?

8 Likes

Re: God will come through for me by Gloriagee(f): 7:59am On Mar 13, 2019
@op, whatever you do - make sure you develop yourself. Have some set goals for your professional development. Build a career or a business or whatever. You must have some sort of plan on how to earn. Money accounts for one of the 3 leading causes of divorce.

Truth is you don't have to be in a rush to get married to be rid of your mum's nagging. N if I were you, I'd hold on for about 6 months to 2 years cos marriage is a lifetime decision. Its really so easy to get in and soooo difficult to make the decision to exit. Best wishes as you decide

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: God will come through for me by victorian(f): 9:55am On Mar 13, 2019
Gloriagee:
I had to read her post again and cant see where she said , a mansion is a criteria, so come off your high horse. She said her mom has been harping on if any of the suitors have houses. Not once did she mention if any of them do. Basically, shes wondering how a mansion translates to marital bliss and also thinking its likely that bloke can have a mansion, be well mannered et al and still decide shes not his spec. So, I concur with her as those are valid concerns.

OK let's remove eye from mansion or houses

Help me ask her ,which of these men can she say , she truly loves? As they all claim to love her .

Which of these men can she stand by thru thick and thin?

Which of these men can she be loyal to, in any circumstances?

Or is she immuned from loving and supporting a man who wants to marry her?

She has not even choose any one and say mummy I love this man ! And my dad supports him too . so don't worry house or mansion will come later , as long as he has a thriving business or a good job.

All she's concerned is her mum's thought pattern.. And she has allowed three suitors to go like that? Because her mum wants a house for her .

Sighs young ladies of these days , I pity for una
No thought about love or loyalty .. Nothing !

Shes more concerned about her mum!

Anyways na una sabi! Have said my own.
No wonder divorce cases full everywhere . Selfishness abounds in the highest order , what will i get out of this marriage , naim dey people mind and it applies on both male and female . what a pity

What a great pity .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Relationship Advice To The Young Women / First Time Mothers! / 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.