Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,131 members, 7,829,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Is Pmb Or Osibanjo Aware Of This? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Pmb Or Osibanjo Aware Of This? (3621 Views)

Why Is Pmb Such A Failure? Old Age? Incompetence? Stupidity?..... / Why is PMB Not Referred To As Alhaji? / Recovered Loot: Please Who Lied PMB Or Magu? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Pmb Or Osibanjo Aware Of This? by truthfulparrot(m): 1:09pm On Mar 12, 2019
I am presently stuck in traffic just before city gate on my way to the airport.

We were stopped by security men and we have to wait until the president pass. We have been waiting for the past thirty minutes. Waiting for the President or Vice President to pass.
Is the president aware that Nigerians motorists are being subjected to gruesome ordeal of waiting endlessly for him to pass on the roads that were built with our taxes? This should not be Next Level!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Pmb Or Osibanjo Aware Of This? by bastardmod: 1:12pm On Mar 12, 2019
The cursed dwarf pastor is a hopeless bastard
His boss is a lifeless bastard

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Pmb Or Osibanjo Aware Of This? by hisgrace090: 1:47pm On Mar 12, 2019
Waiting for the arrival of the undemocratic emperor.

10 Likes

Re: Is Pmb Or Osibanjo Aware Of This? by StillX10(m): 2:29pm On Mar 12, 2019
They don't care man

5 Likes

Re: Is Pmb Or Osibanjo Aware Of This? by Africankel(m): 2:32pm On Mar 12, 2019
Later they'll put it on TV with the headline "MOTORISTS WAIT IN LINE TO WELCOME BUHARI"

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Pmb Or Osibanjo Aware Of This? by deomelo: 2:43pm On Mar 12, 2019
Jonathan’s wife’s visit paralyses Lagos traffic

APRIL 13, 2012

The visit of Patience, the wife of the President Goodluck Jonathan, to Lagos State on Thursday, paralysed social and commercial activities on Lagos Island for over nine hours.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the traffic congestion was caused by overzealous security agents who cordoned off some areas because the President’s wife was attending an event at Ocean View Restaurant on Adetokunbo Ademola Street, Victoria Island.

People working in offices located within the area, groaned as they had to make a detour.

An employee of a bank in the area, Abiodun Apata, said the road was blocked as early as 8am and was not opened until about six hours later.

He said, “As early as 8am, security operatives blocked the entire road, thereby paralysing activities on Victoria Island.

“Hundreds of people, who visited the busy Eko Hotel on Ademola Adetokunbo Street, were also affected because they were not allowed to come in with their vehicles.

“Most of us who wanted to get to other parts of the Island had to pass through Tiamiyu Savage Street and the traffic was moving very slowly.”

Another motorist, Mr. John Opuh, who spoke to one of our correspondents, said the situation worsened when the First Lady was departing around 3pm as her convoy and that of other dignitaries, prevented other motorists from moving.

After their departure, it was learnt that the congestion persisted for more hours.

Mayowa Oguntolu, an office assistant, said the effect of the traffic even stretched to Ikoyi and parts of Lekki.

A resident of the area, Mr. Abraham Akpan, told PUNCH Metro that many commuters and motorists were trapped in the snarl which stretched beyond Victoria Island for almost nine hours.

He said, “The gridlock was caused by the visit of Patience Jonathan. She came to Lagos on a ‘thank you’ visit to South-South women in Lagos for voting for her husband in 2011. The event was held at Ocean View Restaurant on Victoria Island.

“The traffic jam started from 8.30am to about 5.30pm. It actually compounded the traffic situation on the Island. To be candid, many people were trapped in the hold-up for close to nine hours.”

The First Lady, who was on a ‘thank you visit,’ also flagged off the peace advocacy programme in the state.

https://stephendieseruvwe./2012/04/13/jonathans-wifes-visit-paralyses-lagos-traffic/

Ordinary housewife crippled the whole of Lagos and you villages Igbos didn't say a word, but you are here trying to commit suicide over your silly ipob fake news..

Silly Igbos,

grin grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Pmb Or Osibanjo Aware Of This? by islandmoon: 2:43pm On Mar 12, 2019
Africankel:
Later they'll put it on TV with the headline "MOTORISTS WAIT IN LINE TO WELCOME BUHARI"

channel TV style... Lol

10 Likes

Re: Is Pmb Or Osibanjo Aware Of This? by JusticeSeeker: 2:57pm On Mar 12, 2019
truthfulparrot:

We were stopped by security men and we have to wait until the president pass. We have been waiting for the past thirty minutes. Waiting for the President or Vice President to pass.
Is the president aware that Nigerians motorists are being subjected to gruesome ordeal of waiting endlessly for him to pass on the roads that were built with our taxes? This should not be Next Level!
So you have no respect for elders in the east or in your father's house? Tradition and wisdom demands it should be so but hatred cannot allow you to pocket this truth.

2 Likes

Re: Is Pmb Or Osibanjo Aware Of This? by Gandollar(f): 3:04pm On Mar 12, 2019
JusticeSeeker:
So you have no respect for elders in the east or in your father's house? Tradition and wisdom demands it should be so but hatred cannot allow you to pocket this truth.
... and you call yourself justiceseeker undecided

4 Likes

Re: Is Pmb Or Osibanjo Aware Of This? by JusticeSeeker: 3:23pm On Mar 12, 2019
Gandollar:
... and you call yourself justiceseeker undecided
Tell me anywhere in the world where a President or Vice President will wait for an ordinary citizen to pass before they'll use the traffic.

4 Likes

Re: Is Pmb Or Osibanjo Aware Of This? by Anikulhapo(m): 3:26pm On Mar 12, 2019
deomelo:

Ordinary housewife crippled the whole of Lagos and you villages Igbos didn't say a word, but you are here trying to commit suicide over your silly ipob fake news..

Silly Igbos,

grin grin
Why are you still comparing Jonathan's failures to yours? Thought you guys came to correct his mistakes and not to build on them

6 Likes

Re: Is Pmb Or Osibanjo Aware Of This? by Gandollar(f): 4:15pm On Mar 12, 2019
JusticeSeeker:
Tell me anywhere in the world where a President or Vice President will wait for an ordinary citizen to pass before they'll use the traffic.
I'm sure you have not seen Obama pics sitting in the train with the so called ordinary citizens.

The issue here is that roads are blocked hours before they even embark on their journey.

1 Like

Re: Is Pmb Or Osibanjo Aware Of This? by KEVIND: 4:34pm On Mar 12, 2019
Africankel:

That's exactly how it will read on Channels TV headline news.

1 Like

Re: Is Pmb Or Osibanjo Aware Of This? by Tomide007: 4:50pm On Mar 12, 2019
truthfulparrot:

That's how it has always been. Guess they got the presidents timing wrong, it shouldn't have been that long

1 Like

Re: Is Pmb Or Osibanjo Aware Of This? by sexy74(m): 4:52pm On Mar 12, 2019
truthfulparrot:

Seems you are just experiencing this for the first time.
This has been an ocurance that those along airport road normally go through .
I always ask myself if someone has an emergency he has to wait for the slowpoke to pass.
Sincerely it’s disheartening.
Re: Is Pmb Or Osibanjo Aware Of This? by truthfulparrot(m): 5:04pm On Mar 12, 2019
JusticeSeeker:
First and foremost let me make it clear that I am a Nigerian from the Southwest. I am a proper Omoluabi who will never use left hand to point to my father's house. Just like any Nigerians from any tribe, I have deep respect for elders and our leaders.

But I am not a Zombie or a slave in my country. I have always been an advocate that our leaders should not rule like tyrants or emperors with no regards to their citizens. Do you know what it means to be stuck in traffic for more than 30 minutes because the president is about to pass when you have a serious appointment or flight to catch?

The most annoying thing is that these same set of leaders travels to other countries and they see how responsible leaders comport themselves with decorum. I cannot imagine America president or the prime minister of Britain shutting down major roads for 30 minutes just because they want to pass! The other day I was shocked and impressed at the simplicity of the president of Rwanda. Even the president of Ghana don't block roads and deprive others from carrying out their lawful duty.

Justice Seeker, it is not everyone that criticize the president that hates him. We expect much from him. We expect true change from the previous administrations. That is why, I found it slavish and ridiculous when some people try to justify the shortcomings of PMB's administration by comparing it with that of previous administrations.

I only asked a simple question: Is PMB or Osibanjo aware that Nigerians are being forced to wait for thirty minutes for them to pass? Let give them the benefit of doubt that they are not aware. But how will they be aware when we have a lot of Nigerians with slavish mentality!

deomelo

2 Likes

Re: Is Pmb Or Osibanjo Aware Of This? by deomelo: 5:08pm On Mar 12, 2019
Anikulhapo:

Why are you still comparing Jonathan's failures to yours? Thought you guys came to correct his mistakes and not to build on them

Failure is what ignorant village Igbos make up in their ignorant minds
Re: Is Pmb Or Osibanjo Aware Of This? by cpu2006(m): 5:13pm On Mar 12, 2019
truthfulparrot:

haaaaaaaaaaaaaa. i was there too. we did not stay up till 30mins. haba!. pls, always tell the truth.
Re: Is Pmb Or Osibanjo Aware Of This? by blank(f): 5:25pm On Mar 12, 2019
Even from the time of Obasanjo, it has been so. I remember when Obasanjo was coming through the airport many years ago. I was stuck by the side of the road for almost 1hr. The police there were very nice and we all were gisting. Seems it is normal protocol.
Re: Is Pmb Or Osibanjo Aware Of This? by vision2050: 5:34pm On Mar 12, 2019
deomelo:

Silly Igbos,

grin grin
Don't justify this nonsense. We are thought not to do the mistakes of others.
Re: Is Pmb Or Osibanjo Aware Of This? by Fidelismaria: 5:36pm On Mar 12, 2019
Ndo

Check my signature
Re: Is Pmb Or Osibanjo Aware Of This? by WhoBeThisMan: 5:54pm On Mar 12, 2019
deomelo:

Silly Igbos,

grin grin

you don't have sense. I'm sure ipob hunts your dream every night.

Yes Johnathan wife did that and guess what we voted him out
Re: Is Pmb Or Osibanjo Aware Of This? by ruggedtimi(m): 5:57pm On Mar 12, 2019
Is a normal thing right from the 70s
Re: Is Pmb Or Osibanjo Aware Of This? by JusticeSeeker: 7:02pm On Mar 12, 2019
Gandollar:
I'm sure you have not seen Obama pics sitting in the train with the so called ordinary citizens.

The issue here is that roads are blocked hours before they even embark on their journey.
After his tenure as a president, before or during? Chief liar. Show me Donald Trump's motorcade waiting in a traffic flow then I'll believe your lies.

(1) (Reply)

KANU Sets Trap For Buratai.-the Army / Buhari Gives Osinbajo New Assignment Over Coronavirus / Why Anambra Is Treated Like An Outcast In Igboland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.