Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,437 members, 7,853,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:07 AM

Rigging Kano Election May Set Nigeria On Fire, Babatope Warns INEC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rigging Kano Election May Set Nigeria On Fire, Babatope Warns INEC (22254 Views)

Wole Soyinka: Ruga Settlements May Set Nigeria On Fire / Emir Sanusi Receives CP Wakili Who Prevented Kano Election Rigging / Kano Residents Storm Emir's Palace, Seek Justice On Kano Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rigging Kano Election May Set Nigeria On Fire, Babatope Warns INEC by NigeriaBam: 10:33am On Mar 14, 2019
Watch Out Osun State formula
Re: Rigging Kano Election May Set Nigeria On Fire, Babatope Warns INEC by Kingosytex(m): 10:34am On Mar 14, 2019
the babaringa bullion van agbada man and his blood thirsty lord in aso rock have already perfected their rigging plan....

another osun re-run loading.....
Re: Rigging Kano Election May Set Nigeria On Fire, Babatope Warns INEC by Chocolatesauce(f): 10:36am On Mar 14, 2019
Roger3D:
Who go win go win and nothing will happen. 1 battalion of soldiers and one week curfew is enough to put sense into the heads of any trouble makers. Nobody can disturb the peace of Nigeria on account of an election loss
Hehehehe...have you ever lived in the North??
Even a street full of soldiers can not stop these thugs over here...in 2011 soldiers and dandabas were exchanging bullets...we just pray for peace

1 Like

Re: Rigging Kano Election May Set Nigeria On Fire, Babatope Warns INEC by Chocolatesauce(f): 10:38am On Mar 14, 2019
They should just give Abba this governorship else Kano state will be on fire... it'll be a political riot and before you know it it'll become a religious thing...
I'm kukuma travelling,ion have strength to run...
Re: Rigging Kano Election May Set Nigeria On Fire, Babatope Warns INEC by Vamoz61: 10:39am On Mar 14, 2019
Check my signature to migrate to canada

Re: Rigging Kano Election May Set Nigeria On Fire, Babatope Warns INEC by atobs4real(m): 10:43am On Mar 14, 2019
nairavsdollars:
By Temidayo Akinsuyi

A former Minister of Transport, Chief Ebenezer Babatope, has cautioned the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) against manipulating the rerun elections in states where last Saturday’s governorship elections were declared inconclusive.

Babatope particularly warned the electoral body against manipulating the election in Kano state which he described as a ‘political tinderbox’.

INEC had Monday night declared the governorship election held in Kano State inconclusive.

The election was declared inconclusive by the State Returning Officer, Prof B. B. Shehu, the Vice Chancellor of the Federal University, Birnin Kebbi.

Abba Kabir Yusuf, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate had more votes than the incumbent state governor Dr Abdullahi Ganduje with a slim margin of 26,655 votes. Yusuf polled 1,014,474 votes, while Ganduje got 987,810.

With 2,211,520 accredited voters, 172 polling units were cancelled making a total of 100,873 votes cancelled and 49,761 rejected votes.

Speaking in a chat with INDEPENDENT, Babatope said rigging election in Kano may be dangerous for Nigeria’s peace and stability, adding that any negative occurrence here will also affect Africa and the rest of the world.

He said: “I pray that INEC does not rig the rerun elections, especially in Kano state. If they do, they will be endangering the peace, unity and cohesion of Nigeria.

“There are many issues intertwined in the Kano election that requires caution. From all said and done, Nigeria is still our country and definitely, a United Nigeria is good for Nigerians, Africa and the world.

“Kano is a political tinderbox and if they tamper with it, then they would have murdered peace in Nigeria and that will be very dangerous,” he said.
https://www.independent.ng/rigging-kano-election-may-set-nigeria-on-fire-babatope-tells-inec/
He forgot to mention the remaining votes that made it inconclusive.
Re: Rigging Kano Election May Set Nigeria On Fire, Babatope Warns INEC by Gforce2019: 10:46am On Mar 14, 2019
Babatope is one of the political pensioner in southwest .....he's an expired milk , throw it away

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rigging Kano Election May Set Nigeria On Fire, Babatope Warns INEC by oruma19: 10:49am On Mar 14, 2019
This man should keep quiet. They rigged in the entire Nigeria and nothing happened. We make too much noise in Nigeria, no body wan die but we can go heaven. Yeye people. Arabs take to the streets on issues like this, our own na to de grant press interview inside the c9mfort of our Homes and yet we want the gvt not to misbehave. Fools
Re: Rigging Kano Election May Set Nigeria On Fire, Babatope Warns INEC by tuniski: 10:54am On Mar 14, 2019
festacman:
What is going on at the moment with Southern PDP supporters is very funny.

During presidential elections, majority of the electorates in Kano State and other Northern states voted for Buhari. They accused those Northerners of being politically primitive and underage voting.

Then came governorship election and PDP is top in Kano, Sokoto, Bauchi, etc with already collated results, they are now praising Northerners of being politically sophisticated. Nobody is talking about underage voting again.

Mark my word. If the results of supplementary elections favour APC, the song will change once again. By the way the results so far are too close to call, which means none of the candidates enjoy absolute support. This means it could go either way and it doesn't have to be in favour of PDP for the elections to be considered free, fair and credible.

What are you say? Are you out to measure what people say or what is right?
Re: Rigging Kano Election May Set Nigeria On Fire, Babatope Warns INEC by AntiWailer: 10:54am On Mar 14, 2019
slivertongue:
a coup d'etat will reset the brain of all these desperados

U can lead it too dear.

The world is waiting for u.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rigging Kano Election May Set Nigeria On Fire, Babatope Warns INEC by hisexcellency34: 10:54am On Mar 14, 2019
So his warning to Buhari and INEC doesn't make sense abi?

Gforce2019:
Babatope is one of the political pensioner in southwest .....he's an expired milk , throw it away
Re: Rigging Kano Election May Set Nigeria On Fire, Babatope Warns INEC by Phonix1234: 11:04am On Mar 14, 2019
Now we all talk like we forgot diz iz Nigeria,,,,,,,,, dey will rig it and nothing will happen.. Hyest we buy more data to debate about it online

1 Like

Re: Rigging Kano Election May Set Nigeria On Fire, Babatope Warns INEC by Larryndelaw: 11:05am On Mar 14, 2019
This stupid man is still talking. He is now the voice of kano. I remembered how Abacha dealt with him. He was warned not to join the government of Abacha. Even Gani fawehinmi warned him too but he refused to listen. Later he paid for it dearly.
Re: Rigging Kano Election May Set Nigeria On Fire, Babatope Warns INEC by fredoooooo: 11:09am On Mar 14, 2019
festacman:

During presidential elections, majority of the electorates in Kano State and other Northern states voted for Buhari. They accused those Northerners of being politically primitive and underage voting.

Then came governorship election and PDP is top in Kano, Sokoto, Bauchi, etc with already collated results, they are now praising Northerners of being politically sophisticated. Nobody is talking about underage voting again.

Mark my word. If the results of supplementary elections favour APC, the song will change once again. By the way the results so far are too close to call, which means none of the candidates enjoy absolute support. This means it could go either way and it doesn't have to be in favour of PDP for the elections to be considered free, fair and credible.

They can wail , cry or die, i dont care ... Inec decide. If they don't like it they are free to join their ancestors or leave naija... #nextlevelwailing
Re: Rigging Kano Election May Set Nigeria On Fire, Babatope Warns INEC by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 14, 2019
festacman:

My brother, don't mind them. When at 4 am it was posted on a social media that people were already queuing up in Kano for an election scheduled to start at 8 am, these same people called them Almajirin and jobless illiterates. When APC won with a wide and wild margin, they said it was manipulated. Kwankwaso and his movement never protested the votes, Ebino Topsy never said anything, only the Ibos have been crying foul over votes in another region where there are strong political actors . That is why Yorubas want them out of Lagos politics .

98% of comments on social media regarding Kano governorship election are from people from that region. Kano people don't vote on social media.

Now, they have forgotten the various names they have called Kano voters. Some even said they will not give beggars money again because they are northerners and they voted Buhari. Are they telling us the people that voted for PDP are not the same that voted Buhari (APC)?

They should leave Kano people to conclude their elections.

3 Likes

Re: Rigging Kano Election May Set Nigeria On Fire, Babatope Warns INEC by Centcanada: 11:11am On Mar 14, 2019
How i wish what am thinking will happen. Dan dollar ur era is over. Face the law now.
Re: Rigging Kano Election May Set Nigeria On Fire, Babatope Warns INEC by bluefilm: 11:15am On Mar 14, 2019
festacman:

Sacrosanct.
Re: Rigging Kano Election May Set Nigeria On Fire, Babatope Warns INEC by 9gerian: 11:22am On Mar 14, 2019
Ere egele... dangerous game!!!
Re: Rigging Kano Election May Set Nigeria On Fire, Babatope Warns INEC by Theboss100(m): 11:25am On Mar 14, 2019
FIXED
hisexcellency34:
Plus Rivers too. Buhari's silence shows he supports the nonsense going on. Sad for a man with NO 'integrity'.
Re: Rigging Kano Election May Set Nigeria On Fire, Babatope Warns INEC by fredoooooo: 11:45am On Mar 14, 2019
Werey go and carry gun na grin
Re: Rigging Kano Election May Set Nigeria On Fire, Babatope Warns INEC by jrusky(m): 11:49am On Mar 14, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Plus Rivers too. Buhari's silence shows he supports the nonsense going on. Sad for a man with 'integrity'.

Pls bro stop mentioning integrity when talking about Buhari. In fact the word integrity is like a million mile away from Buhari. Buhari and integrity are two parallel line never to meet.

That man called buhari will regret his life the very day apc lost power in the centre unless he is dead before such happen.
Re: Rigging Kano Election May Set Nigeria On Fire, Babatope Warns INEC by innopassion: 11:52am On Mar 14, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Plus Rivers too. Buhari's silence shows he supports the nonsense going on. Sad for a man with 'integrity'.

integrity my foot...just wonder wat is independent about our electoral body wen they are being controlled by the incumbent government...a prof.in person of Yakubu shamelessly doing nonsense coz of billions they have given him...it is painful to see this happening.
Re: Rigging Kano Election May Set Nigeria On Fire, Babatope Warns INEC by NASTYNASOSO: 12:01pm On Mar 14, 2019
Roger3D:
Who go win go win and nothing will happen. 1 battalion of soldiers and one week curfew is enough to put sense into the heads of any trouble makers. Nobody can disturb the peace of Nigeria on account of an election loss

HMMMMMMMMM

YOU DONT KNOW THE PEOPLE OF KANO MY DEAR FOR REFERENCE GOAN ASK BOKO BOYS.
VIOLENCE GET LEVELS

1 Like

Re: Rigging Kano Election May Set Nigeria On Fire, Babatope Warns INEC by Ohraykon: 12:04pm On Mar 14, 2019
Roger3D:
u are a big fool for dis idiotic unpatriotic nigerian all because of ur greed i pity u. So dey should kill people on their right all bcus u have military at ur disposal.
Re: Rigging Kano Election May Set Nigeria On Fire, Babatope Warns INEC by MicroBox: 12:06pm On Mar 14, 2019
Please nobody should tamper with Kano rerun result ooo.
Its going to be very bloody if not carefully conducted.
Kwankwaso loyalist have started accusing Yoruba's for supporting APC
Ganduje loyalist have started accusing Igbo's for supporting PDP (Abba GIDA GIDA).
Seriously speaking, Kano need security agencies during the rerun. Not for rigging/intimidation but to secure life and property.
Re: Rigging Kano Election May Set Nigeria On Fire, Babatope Warns INEC by shakaranews: 12:10pm On Mar 14, 2019
drkay:
Riging the supplementary election in kano alone will degenerate to a worse violence than what we withnessed in the entire south put together.
An average Hausa man can die for what he believes in, even their women. I was just joking with a lady about the outcome of the election and why I won't have voted for buhari if I was around... She's still very angry with me till now.

I de tell you. I lost my Hausa girl to mere yabbing of their barbaric lifestyle in Kano. I chook her yarns small. Lol
Re: Rigging Kano Election May Set Nigeria On Fire, Babatope Warns INEC by DayDreamer05(m): 12:26pm On Mar 14, 2019
Mr Integrity, My Foot
Re: Rigging Kano Election May Set Nigeria On Fire, Babatope Warns INEC by Themhi1: 12:27pm On Mar 14, 2019
Chocolatesauce:

Hehehehe...have you ever lived in the North??
Even a street full of soldiers can not stop these thugs over here...in 2011 soldiers and dandabas were exchanging bullets...we just pray for peace

bro why!?

its yandabas not dandabas!!
Re: Rigging Kano Election May Set Nigeria On Fire, Babatope Warns INEC by chris31(m): 1:20pm On Mar 14, 2019
Power despradors should be very careful with Kano believe me if crisis starts in Kano coz of rigging it will spread to other states some politician's will hijack it to unsettle the central government

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adamu Garba: Tinubu Made The Best Choice In Kashim Shettima / Lead Us Out Of APC, Kwara Party Leaders Tell Saraki / Ayodele Akele Is Dead! Ex NLC Lagos Chairman Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.