Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,827 members, 7,837,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

No Bodies Recovered From Ethiopia Airlines Crash Site - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / No Bodies Recovered From Ethiopia Airlines Crash Site (39144 Views)

Photos From Herbert Wigwe's Crash Site In The US / ‘It Was Chartered From Ethiopia’, Nigeria Air MD Breaks Silence On Controversy / 72-seater Plane Crashes In Pokhara, Nepal. 40 Bodies Recovered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Bodies Recovered From Ethiopia Airlines Crash Site by sinola(m): 10:57pm On Mar 13, 2019
rawpadgin:
angry
I was wondering, why are there no parachutes in air planes?

Am sure the pilots knows that the plane will crash like 5/10 minutes time b4 it eventually crashed

If there was parachutes inside the aircraft the pilots would told them to jump & save themselves

Then, even if na lions den u land put, at least u know u still have a lifeline cry cry
There is no parachute in passenger flight bro. It is not allowed
Re: No Bodies Recovered From Ethiopia Airlines Crash Site by Petersamuel8(m): 11:02pm On Mar 13, 2019
rawpadgin:
angry

Am sure the pilots knows that the plane will crash like 5/10 minutes time b4 it eventually crashed

If there was parachutes inside the aircraft the pilots would told them to jump & save themselves

Then, even if na lions den u land put, at least u know u still have a lifeline cry cry

If na me na to jump comot from window
Re: No Bodies Recovered From Ethiopia Airlines Crash Site by Poncee001(f): 11:03pm On Mar 13, 2019
So sad,may their soul rest in peace
Re: No Bodies Recovered From Ethiopia Airlines Crash Site by dingbang(m): 11:03pm On Mar 13, 2019
rawpadgin:
angry

someone posted this same comment of yours on Instagram and I was dumbfounded. This is a real plane crash that is happening life, not a drill , now all forces are in play, there is commotion everywhere and you dont even get to stand up or open anywhere to fly out, obviously there will be full panic from the passengers. Someone was talking about emergency door and flying out, I told him that will be very impossible. Also the case of parachute, this is not a movie that you watch , its a real life thing and I am sure you havent even used a parachute before.. So how then will one be able to use one if the person is in such scene? Think

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Bodies Recovered From Ethiopia Airlines Crash Site by dingbang(m): 11:05pm On Mar 13, 2019
Petersamuel8:

If na me na to jump comot from window
and land to your death? Too much movies bro

2 Likes

Re: No Bodies Recovered From Ethiopia Airlines Crash Site by luluosas(m): 11:06pm On Mar 13, 2019
Terrible
Re: No Bodies Recovered From Ethiopia Airlines Crash Site by BABANGBALI: 11:14pm On Mar 13, 2019
sinola:

There is no parachute in passenger flight bro. It is not allowed
why? Una prefer to use people for rituals
Re: No Bodies Recovered From Ethiopia Airlines Crash Site by deavicky(m): 11:17pm On Mar 13, 2019
Chia APC don steal the bodies
Re: No Bodies Recovered From Ethiopia Airlines Crash Site by Cannicus: 11:19pm On Mar 13, 2019
dingbang:
someone posted this same comment of yours on Instagram and I was dumbfounded. This is a real plane crash that is happening life, not a drill , now all forces are in play, there is commotion everywhere and you dont even get to stand up or open anywhere to fly out, obviously there will be full panic from the passengers. Someone was talking about emergency door and flying out, I told him that will be very impossible. Also the case of parachute, this is not a movie that you watch , its a real life thing and I am sure you havent even used a parachute before.. So how then will one be able to use one if the person is in such scene? Think

If the plane nose dived from 30,000ft self, they will all probably pass out or die of high blood pressure first before the final impact and flames.

3 Likes

Re: No Bodies Recovered From Ethiopia Airlines Crash Site by Triniti(m): 11:32pm On Mar 13, 2019
Lastanza:
As in they disappeared? or their remains were crushed to shreds.
They all burnt to ashes, aviation fuel is highly inflammable

1 Like

Re: No Bodies Recovered From Ethiopia Airlines Crash Site by bettercreature(m): 11:33pm On Mar 13, 2019
NLModsAreStupud:
undecided Wetin you dey laff now?
I was just making fun of your useless bloggers because I heard on CNN that it will take weeks to recognize the body recovered so i dont know where this useless news came from

2 Likes

Re: No Bodies Recovered From Ethiopia Airlines Crash Site by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 13, 2019
bettercreature:
I was just making fun of your useless bloggers because I heard on CNN that it will take weeks to recognize the body recovered so i dont know where this useless news came from
so you've counted yourself out abi.... They are OUR useless bloggers grin
Re: No Bodies Recovered From Ethiopia Airlines Crash Site by TruthinAction: 11:37pm On Mar 13, 2019
Lastanza:

I am lost in thought also. Does it mean their bones burnt to ashes? Is it possible? Unless there was an explosion which happened in the air before it landed. In such cases, the bodies were already scattered in different directions before it got down. I think they should do a more thorough investigation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Bodies Recovered From Ethiopia Airlines Crash Site by kaydp: 11:42pm On Mar 13, 2019
rawpadgin:
angry

Then, even if na lions den u land put, hat least u know u still have a lifeline cry cry
Plane that crashed 6 minutes after take off.
Re: No Bodies Recovered From Ethiopia Airlines Crash Site by overboard(m): 11:56pm On Mar 13, 2019
rawpadgin:
angry

Not that straightforward bro.

Using parachute requires training and a passenger jet is not necessarily designed for mass disembarkation should, per chance, majority of fliers be capable of that. Hugely unlikely.

Assuming regular folks are even trained en masse to fly out of a plane hypothetically speaking, the timing and logistics nko? - obviously this particular crash had a speedy altitude decline and it would most certainly be utterly disorienting.

In comparison, statistics favour flying against other forms of transportation and it is a highly regulated industry with the strictest measure of safety compliance - nor be like Saka wey go just start im molue for momo and work don start be dat!

3 Likes

Re: No Bodies Recovered From Ethiopia Airlines Crash Site by nicepoker101(m): 11:56pm On Mar 13, 2019
rawpadgin:
angry

passengers aren't trained on how to use parachutes. Besides jumping off the plane from 10,000 feets and above can be very dangerous as well.

1 Like

Re: No Bodies Recovered From Ethiopia Airlines Crash Site by Chiskyyyyy(m): 11:59pm On Mar 13, 2019
I will pardon you if you are not a science major or eventually an illiterate but Google is there to emancipate your ignorance and naivety.
rawpadgin:
angry

2 Likes

Re: No Bodies Recovered From Ethiopia Airlines Crash Site by manny4life(m): 12:08am On Mar 14, 2019
rawpadgin:
angry

Commercial airplanes aren't designed like fighter jets where you pull a latch and baam, you escape. First, aircraft doors and latches are designed with such tensile strength to protect against intense pressure and temperature, and such, makes it nearly impossible to open midflight. And even if you were able to open it, chances of the plane disintegrating is highly possible.
Secondly, pressurization starts at about 8,000ft MSL, usually at that level, cabin is pressurized. Even if you escaped thru a parachute, you'd probably pass out due to low oxygen and cold temperature in few seconds... Finally, an airplane climbs out at least 1,200ft /min, but when it's on a freefall nose or tail dive, all bets are off. It's dive speed could be up to 4x or almost 5,000 ft/min... A plane at 9,000 ft which Ethopian was at needed less than 2min to hit terrain. In such chaos, two mins is just enough time to reconcile with God your creator and not enough time to react by aiming for a parachute. Please note that when the plane is on a vertical dive, how do you intend to move around the cabin? Besides, even if you had time, passengers are not really trained to use a parachute... So it's not possible in other words.

21 Likes

Re: No Bodies Recovered From Ethiopia Airlines Crash Site by linearity: 12:21am On Mar 14, 2019
rawpadgin:
angry

Because parachutes in airplanes will save a total of zero lives, plus they are heavy about 30-40 pounds, multiple that by 200 for a 737 jet; and they are expensive to maintain and will cost more jet fuel to be hauling additional 8000 pound weight that can’t save anyone.

At the flying altitude of 30k to 40k above sea level, you can’t survive outside the plane because of lack of oxygen, it means each 200 piece of useless parachute have to be fitted to oxygen cylinder that will be expensive to maintain throughout the life span of the plane, plus additional dead weight and increase in jet fuel to be hauling those weights.

Now the plane is flying at an average speed of 500-600MPH, try jumping out from a car doing a mere 80MPH on surface land and see what happens talkless of something doing 600MPH at 30000 miles above ground.

If your car get into an accident your chances of survival are increased if you remain inside the car, hence seat belts were invented. The same theory is more evident for a plane at 3000 miles above sea levels and at speeds up to 600MPH.

BTW: can you imagine all 200 passengers trying to jump out of the plane mid air with their parachute at the same time? Do you know the panic that will ensure? How are they going to get out Sef? Once you pop open the plane doors, the pressurized cabin is compromised be depleted of the oxygen and the additional thrust of wind coming into the plane will disoriente everyone, plus the lack of oxygen, you wouldn’t last a full 60 seconds.

Bottom line is, air travel is the safest and if no bi your time nothing go happen...but if na your time, common bicycle accident can turn fatal.

All that may be needed to solve this Max 8 node dive issue might just be a software upgrade from Boeing.

17 Likes

Re: No Bodies Recovered From Ethiopia Airlines Crash Site by duduade: 12:24am On Mar 14, 2019
Lastanza:

Burnt patapata
Re: No Bodies Recovered From Ethiopia Airlines Crash Site by planetx: 12:36am On Mar 14, 2019
I have always felt something was suspicious about this crash, from the obvious lack of debris at the crash site to now saying no bodies were recovered. I am starting to believe something else happened to that plane and the story of the crash is just a distraction.

1 Like

Re: No Bodies Recovered From Ethiopia Airlines Crash Site by linearity: 12:37am On Mar 14, 2019
rawpadgin:

Them fit manufacture am like those fighters jet na

Wet u go just press one button u go just see itself for outside plane grin

I hope say you look up how much jet dey cost ba...with that kind plane if Air Peace start to charge N900k for Lagos to Abuja instead of about N30k, how many people go fit enter plane again?

And it wouldn’t be profitable to the Air line industry and will lead to their collapse, plus parachutes are useless at those attitudes...fighter jet pilots parachute from their jet close to sea level and not from about 30000 miles above sea level.

1 Like

Re: No Bodies Recovered From Ethiopia Airlines Crash Site by Ishilove: 12:57am On Mar 14, 2019
I saw bodybags at the site. Does this mean what was inside were not intact bodies?

On the flip side, this means their deaths were relatively painless and instantaneous. 'Relatively' because seeing death rushing towards you and being powerless to avoid it or stop it is painful, more painful that physical pain.

This is just terrible.

3 Likes

Re: No Bodies Recovered From Ethiopia Airlines Crash Site by cnnamoko(m): 1:17am On Mar 14, 2019
rawpadgin:
angry

Parachutes are not possible in commercial planes because they ll be totally useless:
1. The altitude is tripple the normal altitude sky divers use chutes for fun plus insufficient oxygen may kill the passengers on decent.
2. The speed is crazy. At 600mph a jumper is on a sucide mission unlike skydiving where the plane ll be slowed or halted for a fun jump.
3. Most plane crashes occur at either takeoff or landing. Enough time wont really be there for people to wear them plus the panic.
4. Chutes are really heavy weighing about 40 pounds. Imagine placing about 200 of it on a plane.
5. It takes lots of training to use one. Peole ll not likely wanna take a course in sky diving cos they are boarding a plane.

So when you add them all. Its still the same thing. All die na die

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Bodies Recovered From Ethiopia Airlines Crash Site by iukpe: 1:36am On Mar 14, 2019
rawpadgin:
angry

Abeg, I am very sure most people will prefer to sit in the plane if given parachutes.
Haba! At 3000feet or perhaps more, in high speed descent. A falling aircraft at over 200knts possibly tilting on one side.
It's just fate.
Pilots are trained in commercial airliners to attempt to land the plane whatever way possible, but most times when it's out of control they keep trying till it hits the ground. Nothing else to do bro.
RIP to the 157 dead.

1 Like

Re: No Bodies Recovered From Ethiopia Airlines Crash Site by cosxzbay: 1:55am On Mar 14, 2019
rawpadgin:
angry

Are you serious a plane that crashed 6 minutes after take off... secondly, pilots are ethically bond to be the last to leave the craft during emergencies
Re: No Bodies Recovered From Ethiopia Airlines Crash Site by Juicysnatch(f): 1:59am On Mar 14, 2019
EmagNig:
No bodies recovered from the wreckage of the ill-fated Ethiopian Airline's plane, the airline’s spokesman said on Wednesday.

According to the unnamed spokesman, who was questioned by Rueters, only fragmented remains survived the impact and no bodies were recovered at the crash site.

“There were no bodies,” he told Reuters.

The black boxes, which record data, were found at the crash site in Bishoftu, Ethiopia and will be analysed in Europe.

Germany's federal agency responsible for investigating air accidents will not analyse the black box, after a spokesman for the airline said the country would take care of that.

All 157 people on board the plane died in the disaster which has rocked the global aviation industry.

https://lailasnews.com/no-bodies-recovered-from-ethiopia-airlines-crash-site/

lalasticlala
Illuminati at it again.......
Re: No Bodies Recovered From Ethiopia Airlines Crash Site by goslowgoslow(m): 2:16am On Mar 14, 2019
coolestchris:
this is just a sign of rapture..
let us keep our selves clean for the incoming rapture..
from sky, all of them were raptured..
I pray for everyone that will be using the airspace, that the angels of God will protect your planes from satanic attacks..
may those who died rest in perfect peace
So it was satanic attack that brought down the plane. One of the reasons why black men are backward, no critical thinking, blaming Satan for everything. Bible all the time yet we keep going backwards. Nonsense!!

5 Likes

Re: No Bodies Recovered From Ethiopia Airlines Crash Site by Denko2721987(m): 3:02am On Mar 14, 2019
Its not possible not to see bodies no matter the nature of impact during the crash.. The bodies couldn't have just vaporized... If truely their were no bodies to be recovered from the crash then there must be a new dimension/twist to the crash.. All in my own opinion..

1 Like

Re: No Bodies Recovered From Ethiopia Airlines Crash Site by SEXYBILLIONAIRE(m): 3:33am On Mar 14, 2019
coolestchris:
this is just a sign of rapture..
let us keep our selves clean for the incoming rapture..
from sky, all of them were raptured..
I pray for everyone that will be using the airspace, that the angels of God will protect your planes from satanic attacks..
may those who died rest in perfect peace
please when something is very sensitive like this , try to talk sense or just shut up. Na your type boys dey beat for no reason

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic / Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) / Nigerian Man Dies 14 Days To His Wedding (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.