Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,572 members, 7,958,773 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:32 PM

Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) (39329 Views)

HOW Does It Feel To Board A Plane For The First Time. Share Your Experience. / Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) / Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) by Omolola1(f): 12:57pm On Jul 25, 2012
An airplane is the fastest means of transportation.

How did u feel the very first time u boarded a plane (share your experience)

Mine goes thus:
it was a local flight, Lagos to Abuja. I was 15yrs old then, and i was going for a Post Jamb exam. . .Just seeing the gigantic plane alone frightened me, i was shaken all over, i had to hold on to my mum. Climbing the stairs was another thing, my legs were shaking.
When i got into the plane, i breathed a sigh of relief. The air hostess told every1 to tighten their belts etc. . .I didnt knw wat was coming next!
The plane was moving, then suddenly it went up with a terrible noise. . .chai!! Omo, i was scared.

Taking off is the most difficult part but once in d air, smooth!

Over to U

1 Like

Re: Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) by henrychubayo: 2:35pm On Jul 25, 2012
I almost released when the plan was about to take off in my first flight. I closed my eyes codedly not wanting others to notice me but deep inside me, my temp was above 400 level. I didn't know how to put on the belt until my co-traveller seating next to me assisted me. That was a flight of 45 minutes. Again when we are landing, i wish i would just jump off if the door was open. Couldn't contain the fever and held my seat too tight. I was too scared, imagining what will happen if. But after the flight, i couldn't forget it and was more than glad to have made it. Now i can fly 8hours and no shaking. I dey kankpe.

5 Likes

Re: Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) by hammedkola(m): 4:14pm On Jul 25, 2012
After man theoretical knowledge of it, when practicalizing it, i felt like am used to board it. Kano - Lagos, was smooth on aero except when we entered port hole (lol) while approaching MMA2.

3 Likes

Re: Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) by Freeopod(m): 4:14pm On Jul 25, 2012
No xperience yet...but oping to av one before d end of ds year, can't wait

12 Likes

Re: Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) by Lordrama: 4:14pm On Jul 25, 2012
J J C
Re: Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) by Super1759: 4:15pm On Jul 25, 2012
Mine was in the dream.when I was 5years old.I was even the pilot and when I woke I saw my self in the parlour unclad!! What happend.my sister baptised us all with urine.

75 Likes

Re: Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) by mevlevi05(m): 4:16pm On Jul 25, 2012
I've been flying since I was a lil kid, so I can't really remember my first experience, but one event always comes back to mind. This happend in the early 90's, we had a family trip and went with the househelp, she tried to push her way up the stairs to gt into the plane shoving the other pax,I could really see the embarrasment on mums face, what she did during flight and when we landed is a story for another day

3 Likes

Re: Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) by lexicon(m): 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2012
I almost throw up in my first xperience.
Re: Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) by Bisjosh(f): 4:19pm On Jul 25, 2012
Nice thread grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) by tonyx4x44(m): 4:21pm On Jul 25, 2012
Super1759: Mine was in the dream.when I was 5years old.I was even the pilot and when I woke I saw my self in the parlour unclad!! What happend.my sister baptised us all with urine.
lwkmd
Re: Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 25, 2012
I didn't feel anything, I was just normal... smiley

5 Likes

Re: Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) by searchcorp(m): 4:24pm On Jul 25, 2012
The pilot said "the weather condition here is not very favourable, but I can make do with it"
Are u kidding me? For the first time? I spoke in tongues all thru.

Plus each time I looked at the clouds thru the window, its seems like there is an angel or something there..... Well, maybe. Just maybe i saw an angel...

7 Likes

Re: Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) by cheddarking(m): 4:26pm On Jul 25, 2012
I was 13 and going to live with my elder brother in the UK.
I was so happy that my day I had dreamt of for so long had arrived.

My flight was for 10pm but I was ready to go by 12 noon.lol.

I ironed my Prized Nike Tshirt(With Just Do It Boldy Printed) and my combat trousers. I washed and vaseline-polished my Nike Hi-tops.

I was ready.

Anyhow sha, when I got on the plane I found that my seat was between two morbidly obese women....One had strong B.O. and the other one had such a strong mouth odour...
Through out the night, the one with the Mouth Odour insisted on telling me her life story because 'it was my first time'. The other smelly one fell asleep but was FARTING in her sleep!

It was such a cacophony of smells...When the plane landed I literally raced to the exit for fresh air...

23 Likes

Re: Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) by sheringan(f): 4:26pm On Jul 25, 2012
undecided
Bisjosh: Nice thread grin grin grin grin grin

undecided undecidedNah wetin dem ask u be that ? undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) by chuquiz(m): 4:26pm On Jul 25, 2012
Never have, never will. shocked

1 Like

Re: Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) by robinhoodd2(m): 4:27pm On Jul 25, 2012
mine was abuja-owerri,my flight was delayed from 10:30am to 4:00pm as a result of bad weather,i wasnt concern though,my utmost goal was safe landing,entring inside d plane i missed my seat,though i was later assisted by the hostess.i v to hang my lock my legs under d chair,becos d seat belt strapping appears to b too easy,so dat i dont v to fall wen we took off.it was a smooth ride though
Re: Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 25, 2012
chuquiz: Never have, never will. shocked

lol
Re: Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) by ACM10: 4:29pm On Jul 25, 2012
Mine was when I was in the womb. My mama was about to enter Chanchangi. I furiously resisted her decision by giving her some hard kicks on her womb. Mum was stubborn. She finally boarded the flight. The plane was galloping mid-air that I was terribly rocking inside the womb. It was a horrible experience. I thank God that I survived. cheesy

17 Likes

Re: Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) by kandiikane(m): 4:32pm On Jul 25, 2012
I was hysterical throughout my plane journey but not because of the plane but the people I was leaving behind. I can only remember landing on uk soil and the scene was just beautiful.

Apart from that. my plane journeys have been hellish. Hate, hate, hate flying. My fear of flying causes me to dream about flying/crashing anytime I plan to travel.

2 Likes

Re: Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) by cheddarking(m): 4:34pm On Jul 25, 2012
ACM10: Mine was when I was in the womb. My mama was about to enter Chanchangi. I was so furiously resisted her decision by giving her some hard kicks on her womb. Mum was stubborn. She finally boarded the flight. The plane was galloping mid-air that I was terribly rocking inside the womb. It was a horrible experience. I thank God that I survived. cheesy

Just a bit curious,

How old are you?

If chachangi started flight operations in 1997, the oldest you can be is 15....

Shouldn't you be studying for Waec or something?

16 Likes

Re: Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) by Bibol(f): 4:35pm On Jul 25, 2012
I flew aero and the noise was crazy! Taking off scared the hell out of me as the aircraft was literally shaking. The lady beside me was the one who helped in fastening my seat belt. I was embarrassed
Re: Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) by nikkyshyne(f): 4:36pm On Jul 25, 2012
"TAKING OFF" IS ONE SCARY SH.IT!!! DAMN!
Re: Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) by dabigwalls: 4:36pm On Jul 25, 2012
I never wanted the flight to end. I felt one hour for the height I was was too short. I was 14. As I was about to de-board, I greeted a man who responded "kaaro omo mi". He was the Late Lamidi Adedibu of Ibadan.

2 Likes

Re: Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) by ACM10: 4:37pm On Jul 25, 2012
cheddarking:

Just a bit curious,

How old are you?

If chachangi started flight operations in 1997, the oldest you can be is 15....

Shouldn't you be studying for Waec or something?

Nice question!

I'm 14yrs and 3months cheesy
Re: Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) by SirP1: 4:39pm On Jul 25, 2012
I can't remember my first time cos I was like 1 but the one I can remember when I was 6/7 , it was an Air France flight to paris from lagos,, I remember asking my mum so many questions , we checked in, boarded and the hostess did the safety thingie which I didn't pay much attention to.. cheesy

in my opinion the scariest part is landing, take off aint scary cos some of the time you don't notice immed, until you feel the plane pitch up
Re: Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) by wowo2: 4:41pm On Jul 25, 2012
My first time on a plane from PH to Lagos, I was a little surprised it wasn't so noisy as I had only been in a helicopter before...who decided to make an helicopter look and sound noisy like a bee, i don't know
Re: Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) by Burger01(m): 4:44pm On Jul 25, 2012
searchcorp: The pilot said "the weather condition here is not very favourable, but I can make do with it"
Are u kidding me? For the first time? I spoke in tongues all thru.

Plus each time I looked at the clouds thru the window, its seems like there is an angel or something there..... Well, maybe. Just maybe i saw an angel...
lol.. That's a heart stopper...lol

1 Like

Re: Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) by maclatunji: 4:44pm On Jul 25, 2012
The flight was Lagos-Calabar and I was calm. I was half-laughing at the flight attendants when they were showing us the emergency procedures. It felt as if I had done it before, I don't know how.
Re: Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) by Acidosis(m): 4:45pm On Jul 25, 2012
Super1759: Mine was in the dream.when I was 5years old.I was even the pilot and when I woke I saw my self in the parlour unclad!! What happend.my sister baptised us all with urine.
hahhahahahahahahahahaha. . . .
#jumped out from a flying Dana plane#
Re: Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) by TheShopKeeper(m): 4:45pm On Jul 25, 2012
My first experience was in the late 90s with the Cameroon Airlines from Lagos to London, via Yaounde and Paris. It was a pleasant flight, expect that the landing and taking off affected my hearing which resulted in me experiencing lose of balance when walking for 2days.

In the same flight between Lagos and Yaounde, players of Enugu Rangers made the flight interesting by singing various football songs, then there wasn't any technology to record some of their songs. I think they were going to play in the CAF competition in Cameroon, I can't remember their opponent's name.

3 Likes

Re: Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) by na2day(m): 4:46pm On Jul 25, 2012
cheddarking: I was 13 and going to live with my elder brother in the UK.
I was so happy that my day I had dreamt of for so long had arrived.

My flight was for 10pm but I was ready to go by 12 noon.lol.

I ironed my Prized Nike Tshirt(With Just Do It Boldy Printed) and my combat trousers. I washed and vaseline-polished my Nike Hi-tops.

I was ready.

[size=15pt]Anyhow sha, when I got on the plane I found that my seat was between two morbidly obese women....One had strong B.O. and the other one had such a strong mouth odour...
Through out the night, the one with the Mouth Odour insisted on telling me her life story because 'it was my first time'. The other smelly one fell asleep but was FARTING in her sleep!

It was such a cacophony of smells...When the plane landed I literally raced to the exit for fresh air[/size]...
Lol,
I feel you my brother!
Reminded me of my last around December, i was sandwiched between this two old women, they were just breaking winds as if they were on a bizarre kind of game. I couldn't breathe with my nose, i had to resort to my mouth only! It was a 14hours flight and the worst flight i ever had! food i no fit chop, film i no fit watch, was just with mind power willing the clock to move faster! grin

6 Likes

Re: Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) by mikedaniel76gmailcom(m): 4:49pm On Jul 25, 2012
Too shocked for words, my boss just called me into his office and was like " Daniel, u wud be takin a flight to Abuja tomor, to represent Alada Holdings in a Samsung Dealer conference at Nicon Hilton by 9am"
Immedietely, I had goose pimples all over me,(me in a flight for the first time to Abuja?)
..... cudint sleeep dat night.
And on dat fateful february mornin, I dressed up in my white polo, jeans trouser, and my snikers ( my best dress), headed for Mallam Aminu kano Int. Airport.
At the airpot (not my first time o!) I was fidgetin and nervos like somone who was given a paper to present at an occasion whose guess was Barrack Obama.
The plane finally came, and the flight numba was anounced, (my guide sani, help me in the protocols.)
Jak robbinson, there I was in the tamac, ready for history waitin to happen.
I step into the cabin, and supprisin, I saw my gov. Ibrahim shekarau sittin at the first sit, ( fink he was headed for Abuja for some Sss interogation on the B.H stuff ) takin off, was a problem my belle start to turn me o, and my eyes come de turn me .
And my neighbor aboard help me out with ma sit belt, coz I. Confided in him abt my ignorance (I no fit shout)
The host afta ten minutes of stability in the air, brot bons and zobo and I form small, then I sipd it.
My mind no cot all tru sha ,coz I knew shekarau wud not board a faulty plane.
Dats the end of the story o!!!!!
I stepped in

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Bans EU Flights From Nigeria / GUO Bus Plunged Into The River, 3 Rescued, Others Feared Dead (video) / Dana Airline Hostess Avert Air-Hijack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.