Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,172 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Lol. I Can't Even, You Guys.... - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lol. I Can't Even, You Guys.... (1372 Views)

God Can't Even Come Close To Africa, It's Dirty - Aroms / Foools Can't Even See He Is The Father / "I Have Seen My House In Heaven, I Can't Wait To Go" - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lol. I Can't Even, You Guys.... by johnydon22(m): 8:03pm On Mar 16, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:
GOOD ONE BROTHER.
WE SAVE THE SOULS THAT TRY TO SAVE US.
hahaha underrated comment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lol. I Can't Even, You Guys.... by johnydon22(m): 8:04pm On Mar 16, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle
Touche
Re: Lol. I Can't Even, You Guys.... by Zither(m): 8:48am On Mar 17, 2019
Ihedinobi3, if your gift lies in apologetics then by all means exercise it. There are differing gifts but the same Giver, our Creator. That's what makes us different members of the Body of Christ.

I stand corrected. An oversight on my part as regards the sequence of events that should be fulfilled in the end times. In Revelation chapter 19, we see that what triggers the Armageddon into fulfillment is that the Beast and the world rulers, in an alliance, wage war against the Lion of Judah. Christ responds by descending with His own armies, clothed in deep red, to battle. The Beast and his False Prophet were thrown alive into the lake of fire. These two will be the first to taste the wrath of God which manifests as the lake of fire. The rest who waged war against Christ and His people would be killed but they will not taste the lake of fire until the Thousand Year Reign of Christ is over. We do know, however, that not all unbelievers are destroyed in this war. Thus ends the Armageddon with the victory of Christ.

Revelation chapter 20 introduces the Millennial Reign of Christ which is prefaced by Satan being bound and locked up by an angel of God in the bottomless pit for a thousand years. The Millennial Age is also known as The Great Sabbath. It represents the seventh day in which God rested from His works. It is the age of rest and peace. The nations of the world will be required to go down to Jerusalem in Israel once every year to worship the world Ruler, Christ, for a thousand years.

The sequence of events follow each other as you rightly described. As the Millennial Age comes to an end the Devil will be released so that he will deceive the nations to rebel against the Messiah. This is known as the Rebellion. The Lord will rain fire from heaven to devour the adversaries. There will be no unbeliever who survives after this. The Devil will be cast into the lake of fire to make him the third person to experience God's wrath...

There are so many things I wish I could relate to Christians about our eternal inheritance in Christ and how nothing on earth compares to the rewards that I find it difficult to express to them...but it seems you have knowledge of that and am very happy you do. It goes to show that, I know, nobody can hope to deceive your kind of person with your spiritual maturity with vain philosophy and argument against the belief in God's existence. This itself is grace from God, and not of works. We are blessed beyond understanding. Our inheritance and rewards in Christ are so MOUTH-WATERING and UNBELIEVABLY GREAT that I am ever determined to lay aside any weight and run my race with patience and determination to the finish line...a determination I'm very sure you possess as well.

An unbeliever may ask, "If your inheritance is so great then why do you Christians fear and run away from death? Why do you testify that you escaped death? Isn't that how you guys receive your heavenly rewards?" The ignorance in that statement lies in the fact that if that were so then the individual purpose for which God sent each one of us to earth would be unfulfilled. When a person's purpose on earth is accomplished that's when God can decide to take them. Problem is many die without fulfilling their purpose in life. Besides, Christians use their time on earth to prepare for their life in eternity, especially that of being rewarded powers of the Age to come.

If only so many Christians today will read...read....read...many would not have fallen prey to the deception and lies of the devil today. It is not only about just praying....one also has to read much. If many Christians will just try and discover for themselves God's AMAZING PLANS for His children they would not waste a second in accepting the Lord Jesus Christ as their Saviour. I guess you know much of this because you are an avid reader.

One of the most hilarious comments I ever read an unbeliever made about eternity in heaven is that Christians will laze around all eternity on idly floating clouds, with nothing to do but, with harps, sing Kumbaya...hahahahahaha. I never heard something more grotesque. Lolzzz
grin
Re: Lol. I Can't Even, You Guys.... by finalboss(m): 9:40am On Mar 17, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:
GOOD ONE BROTHER. WE SAVE THE SOULS THAT TRY TO SAVE US.
nice

1 Like

Re: Lol. I Can't Even, You Guys.... by Ihedinobi3: 9:45am On Mar 17, 2019
Zither:
Ihedinobi3, if your gift lies in apologetics then by all means exercise it. There are differing gifts but the same Giver, our Creator. That's what makes us different members of the Body of Christ.

I stand corrected. An oversight on my part as regards the sequence of events that should be fulfilled in the end times. In Revelation chapter 19, we see that what triggers the Armageddon into fulfillment is that the Beast and the world rulers, in an alliance, wage war against the Lion of Judah. Christ responds by descending with His own armies, clothed in deep red, to battle. The Beast and his False Prophet were thrown alive into the lake of fire. These two will be the first to taste the wrath of God which manifests as the lake of fire. The rest who waged war against Christ and His people would be killed but they will not taste the lake of fire until the Thousand Year Reign of Christ is over. We do know, however, that not all unbelievers are destroyed in this war. Thus ends the Armageddon with the victory of Christ.

Revelation chapter 20 introduces the Millennial Reign of Christ which is prefaced by Satan being bound and locked up by an angel of God in the bottomless pit for a thousand years. The Millennial Age is also known as The Great Sabbath. It represents the seventh day in which God rested from His works. It is the age of rest and peace. The nations of the world will be required to go down to Jerusalem in Israel once every year to worship the world Ruler, Christ, for a thousand years.

The sequence of events follow each other as you rightly described. As the Millennial Age comes to an end the Devil will be released so that he will deceive the nations to rebel against the Messiah. This is known as the Rebellion. The Lord will rain fire from heaven to devour the adversaries. There will be no unbeliever who survives after this. The Devil will be cast into the lake of fire to make him the third person to experience God's wrath...

There are so many things I wish I could relate to Christians about our eternal inheritance in Christ and how nothing on earth compares to the rewards that I find it difficult to express to them...but it seems you have knowledge of that and am very happy you do. It goes to show that, I know, nobody can hope to deceive your kind of person with your spiritual maturity with vain philosophy and argument against the belief in God's existence. This itself is grace from God, and not of works. We are blessed beyond understanding. Our inheritance and rewards in Christ are so MOUTH-WATERING and UNBELIEVABLY GREAT that I am ever determined to lay aside any weight and run my race with patience and determination to the finish line...a determination I'm very sure you possess as well.

An unbeliever may ask, "If your inheritance is so great then why do you Christians fear and run away from death? Why do you testify that you escaped death? Isn't that how you guys receive your heavenly rewards?" The ignorance in that statement lies in the fact that if that were so then the individual purpose for which God sent each one of us to earth would be unfulfilled. When a person's purpose on earth is accomplished that's when God can decide to take them. Problem is many die without fulfilling their purpose in life. Besides, Christians use their time on earth to prepare for their life in eternity, especially that of being rewarded powers of the Age to come.

If only so many Christians today will read...read....read...many would not have fallen prey to the deception and lies of the devil today. It is not only about just praying....one also has to read much. If many Christians will just try and discover for themselves God's AMAZING PLANS for His children they would not waste a second in accepting the Lord Jesus Christ as their Saviour. I guess you know much of this because you are an avid reader.

One of the most hilarious comments I ever read an unbeliever made about eternity in heaven is that Christians will laze around all eternity on idly floating clouds, with nothing to do but, with harps, sing Kumbaya...hahahahahaha. I never heard something more grotesque. Lolzzz
grin
My battery is low and draining fast but I want to express my joy not only in finding agreement with you in all things but definitely in the encouragement that we are able to give to each other in the Lord without rancor. It is rare enough in an age when few believers care for the Truth and when each one is way too big to need anyone else. I am blessed to be able to talk so with you.

About what unbelievers say, you are completely right. Of course, there are believers whose concern with this world's things has cost them necessary perspective so that they are afraid of death. That is what comes of spiritual immaturity (with which I was just as afflicted as anybody else for the first three decades of my life - I was saved as a very little child, I have no memory of the incident, just grew up that way). But if we commit ourselves to learning the Bible with the help of spiritually gifted and prepared Bible teachers, this world and its allures and fears grow less and less significant to us even as our Hope grows brighter, more solid and more confident to us. This is why Paul got to the point of being torn between wishing to die so that he could go to be with the Lord and staying alive and continuing to help other believers. He even said that he preferred to die but that for the sake of his spiritual charges, he would stay. This was the whole reason that he refused to submit to death before the time.

Personally, the tests of living in this world have pressed me to the point of wishing I had already gone to be with the Lord but there is still much that I know that the Lord has for me to do. Every believer has before them three tasks:

1. Remain in the Faith even if only at the threshold;

2. Grow up to spiritual maturity;

3. Face the tests of maturity and overcome them;

4. Help other believers - and willing unbelievers to come to the Faith and - to do these things as well (that is the meaning of ministry).

For #1, there are incredible rewards but no crowns. For #2, 3 and 4, there is a crown each. To accomplish all 4 will earn the believer a full reward. This is what ought to drive us. It is the only reason any believer should want to stay alive - as long as we are alive, we can do these things and increase our eternal rewards. Otherwise, death holds absolutely no terror for the believer.

About their foolish ideas about floating in clouds, the god of this world has most certainly blinded them with lies. I have heard ridiculous things in my engagements with antichristians that sometimes I am a little surprised that I even have any emotional reaction to what else they say. The Bible has absolutely no mention of lazing about and floating in clouds, but for enemies of God, life is about annoying God or just doing nothing. They cannot conceive of any kind of enjoyable activity that comes from obeying and rejoicing in God. But we know what and Whom we have believed. In the world to come, there will be no lack of things to engage our now purified energies and vastly enlarged powers. Today, we may build spaceships to go to the moon and fuss at how we can get to Mars (rovers have landed there but getting a human being there is another matter), but tomorrow, the Universe will be our backyard. We'll go wherever we want and explore the vast stretches of the amazing Cosmos that our Dear Father will make for us. What could we possibly ask for that we will not get infinite times over then? Our poor unbelieving friends simply don't know what they are talking about.

You are right, I do read. But I am far more grateful to the Lord for leading me to the right place to read. He led me to the best prepared teacher I have ever seen in my life, and please believe me, I have seen tons of teachers - grew up in the Methodist Church but with considerable exposure to the Roman Catholic tradition, spent teenage exploring Pentecostal traditions reading all of the biggest names in that circle, tested out heterodoxical traditions including the Jehovah's Witnesses, Seventh Day Adventists, Mormons (learned to use a computer from a Mormon couple who had their publications lying around in their business), even messed a bit with the Grail Message to know what it taught, tried to study Eckankar, researched other religions (including Islam, Hinduism and other oriental philosophies) too to some extent. As I said, I searched for Truth, but very critically. I tried to give everything that deserved it the benefit of the doubt, but when I found https://ichthys.com, I knew that I was home. Just to reassure you, I have been reading the Bible since childhood and never thought it had a problem. Whenever I checked out nonbiblical religions and philosophies, it was just for information purposes, and it was very informative. I know that the Bible is completely true and perfectly complete. But all the exposure prepared me to identify the right Bible teacher when the Lord was pleased to bring me to him. I have not once regretted it since October 2017.

It is unwise for Christians without the pastor-teaching gift to read everything they see or listen to everyone. They don't have that special knack to tell when something is dangerously false. Besides, it often takes considerable arrogance for a believer to decide to look for authoritative information about God or life anywhere apart from the Bible. So, I advise that Christians studiously read their Bibles and listen to teachers always comparing what they hear from them to what they have seen in the Bible. That is the only way to grow spiritually and be safe.

Once again, I must express my profound gratitude for you. I am very happy to exchange encouragement with another believer devoted to the Truth of the Bible.
Re: Lol. I Can't Even, You Guys.... by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 17, 2019
Gosh. Ihedinobi & Zither, get a room you two cheesy....

1 Like

Re: Lol. I Can't Even, You Guys.... by frank317: 10:13am On Mar 17, 2019
IAmSabrina:

Lol... They talk too much nonsense
Re: Lol. I Can't Even, You Guys.... by Zither(m): 10:49am On Mar 17, 2019
IAmSabrina:

Lolz. IAmSabrina, was wondering when you would show up. You took so long. cheesy
Re: Lol. I Can't Even, You Guys.... by Zither(m): 10:50am On Mar 17, 2019
frank317:

Lol... They talk too much nonsense

Nevertheless, not a crime against freedom of expression.

1 Like

Re: Lol. I Can't Even, You Guys.... by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 17, 2019
Zither:

Lolz. IAmSabrina, was wondering when you would show up. You took so long. cheesy
Oh, I'm sorry i took so long cry
Re: Lol. I Can't Even, You Guys.... by Zither(m): 11:29am On Mar 17, 2019
IAmSabrina

Seriously, exchanging ideas is perferable to argument. Atheists habitually engage in discussion of subjects of common interest. I hope you see it as such.
Re: Lol. I Can't Even, You Guys.... by Ihedinobi3: 10:30pm On Mar 17, 2019
IAmSabrina:
Sure...when you lot get a bonfire to dance around whenever you call your parties. smiley
Re: Lol. I Can't Even, You Guys.... by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 17, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Sure...when you lot get a bonfire to dance around whenever you call your parties. smiley
Forgive my intrusion, sir smiley.

Now that i think of it, the pillow talk was actually getting absorbing cheesy. In retrospect, i should have held back a while and not barged into the conversation to allow things pick up properly. tongue

Thus i tender my apologies sir.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Christianity Especially Needs To Be Regulated By The Government / False Teachings About Second Death By JW / What Really Happens When A Person Dies? Case Study Of Lazarus & The Rich Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.