Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Can You Employ Your GirlFriend? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can You Employ Your GirlFriend? (3889 Views)

The Need To Employ Step Back 5 X 5 before undertaking any task in your workplace / ?interview Question: "Why Should We Employ You?" / Would Nigerians Employ A Virtual Office Assistant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Employ Your GirlFriend? by Seun(m): 3:55pm On Apr 27, 2007
In summary, if you want your business to go down, add your girlfriend to the staff.
Your conclusion is misleading. The case of a married man keeping a girlfriend at work is completely different!
Re: Can You Employ Your GirlFriend? by tarfaadam(m): 3:57pm On Apr 27, 2007
Umy,
            i'm not in supot of this your opinion you can alart to your relationship with her you can get rievel within a shot period of time of which is more danger to your buznes so take note of this i dont support this idea.
Re: Can You Employ Your GirlFriend? by deejay1(m): 7:47pm On Apr 27, 2007
dont employ your boyfriend or your girl friend seriouly dont employ them as STAFF ooo but you might be business partner(s) unless you want your girl/boyfriend to ruiin your business.
1. they will want to tell you whats good for your biz.
2. they will be looking out for mistakes that are made by other employee which is bad for a biz
3. other employee wont like it.
4. some people wont want to ave a go @ their boy/girlfriend if he/she makes mistakes
I have had a thought about this I dont really think I can even employ my family as an employee
Re: Can You Employ Your GirlFriend? by samsilo(m): 1:24am On Apr 28, 2007
Starting a business with your girlfriend as partner is a better than employing her. The outcome of employing your girlfriend , brother or any one close to you especially in a small business I think is entirely subject to your will power.
You should look at yourself, do you have the guts to deal with situations that may need you to take rational decisions leaving out your feelings.
I know some business men for whom such relationships end at the door to the office and that's the only way things can work. Also there is the possibility your relationship may end while she is working for you and a lot of people find that hard to deal with. so be prepared and possibly discuss these issues with her before you employ her
Re: Can You Employ Your GirlFriend? by One: 5:42am On Apr 28, 2007
Seun:

Your conclusion is misleading. The case of a married man keeping a girlfriend at work is completely different!

Wether you are married or not.

Business + Pleasure (girlfriend)= Failure
Re: Can You Employ Your GirlFriend? by bestcomm(m): 11:22am On Apr 28, 2007
That not a good idea my friend, i guess it would cause you strees and commotion in your place of work.
Re: Can You Employ Your GirlFriend? by omoge25(f): 6:14am On Apr 29, 2007
I personally do't think its a good idea, I didnt work directly with my BF but he got me a job at his sisters office, it was the worst 2 weeks of my life and then i just stopped showing up, and it got pretty messy after that, I still don't speak with his sister and her husband.

You have to be careful when you start mixing business and pleasure, some people of course can pull it off and if you and your GF are the type then by all means GOOD LUCK!
Re: Can You Employ Your GirlFriend? by moondust(m): 12:38pm On Apr 30, 2007
yeah I can employ my girlfriend on the condition that her great great great great great great grandfather's signature must be on her reference form. wink
Re: Can You Employ Your GirlFriend? by joz(f): 2:37am On May 01, 2007
sure u sould. there is nothing wrong with that. beides, u have seen her work before and u like her attitude towards work. but it all depends on ur ability to seperate work from pleasure. thats all i can say , so go on ahead and think about ur capability and ur best option. good luck!!! grin
Re: Can You Employ Your GirlFriend? by jimaj4life(m): 3:03pm On May 02, 2007
I'll probably not. There may be exceptions and she may be good for the firm but trust me it would be bad for the relationship in the long run

imagine you she knows everything that happens to u at work

imagine the other workers hating on her because she's the boss' girl

imagine how u get to see her all the time, even see others flirting with her

imagine you want to promote her and others think youre doing a "Wolfowitz" ?

Imagine if u had to fire your girl for gross misconduct

he said it all, i cant
Re: Can You Employ Your GirlFriend? by Everbright(f): 6:10pm On May 02, 2007
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
you are going to run that biz with emotion jare
Re: Can You Employ Your GirlFriend? by labyrinth(m): 10:23am On May 03, 2007
Greetings my fellow nairalanders!!!!!!!!! Well into the issue on ground. The writer said she was the girl they worked 2gether with in the past and he is still dating her but didn't state his mind clearly, if he was having the intention of marring her or not.
Also, there r two ways 2 a coin which can be d negative side or the positive side. like some ppl hav said, everyone has a point, but the fact still remains that wud this girl still remain focused if given the chance to work with the guy even in serious confrontation by other staffs. Again, does she have the ability to maintain a family and still run d business? These r the question the guy need to make thorough research on. BYe shocked
Re: Can You Employ Your GirlFriend? by simmy(m): 11:05am On May 04, 2007
if i employ my girlfriend i would want to have sex with her all the time , and tht wont be good 4 busines, will it?
Re: Can You Employ Your GirlFriend? by viee(f): 11:09am On May 04, 2007
@ simmy

no offence wink

but u must have serious problem

have sex with her all the time ke
Re: Can You Employ Your GirlFriend? by ne4real(f): 4:31pm On May 04, 2007
definitely, i wont employ u 2 employ ur girlfriend, cos in future, d relationship will be soiled. also, u wont be able to talk 2 her or correct her like u would to ur regular staff. it will also, not give u some privacy u will need in ur personal and business life. note: this is ur girlfriend and not wife, u may not even get married to her in future.
Re: Can You Employ Your GirlFriend? by rotimiorims(m): 4:42pm On May 05, 2007
i'll rather not, but if she has no other options available, i could give her a job for a while; and hope to God, she doesn't mess things up, then i'll have to get professional with her.
Re: Can You Employ Your GirlFriend? by nawa1(m): 1:31pm On May 11, 2007
i think it all depend on the person you have as your girlfriend.

as for me, my girl will be the first person i will consider to be my work partiner
if she is qualify, and can handle the job. cos she is the one person i can realy trust
and talk to.
Re: Can You Employ Your GirlFriend? by diamondd(f): 7:50pm On Jun 06, 2007
That's freaky i'd love too hire ma man so we can get it on at lunch and at closing heheheheh

neways i think its ok nothing bad but it's just insecure for me cos i dunt like ppl all up in ma bizz so nah i can't work for ma men. he'll die of jealousness
Re: Can You Employ Your GirlFriend? by BlkDiamond(f): 11:15pm On Jun 06, 2007
yeah i would too, much more quality time to spend, and enough romance and kisses yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Can You Employ Your GirlFriend? by bebe4u(f): 1:13pm On Jun 07, 2007
Y are the men in this thread, killing themselves over the no answer, personally, discipline is the main issue here, so are the guys telling me if the girl has the brain and expertize to make the business flourish, she shouldnt be employed just because she is bedding the boss?? common some of us ladies have a lotta input in a man's business like wise his bed.
Re: Can You Employ Your GirlFriend? by BlkDiamond(f): 1:39am On Jun 08, 2007
yes oo bebe i take it that the men in here r too greedy.
Re: Can You Employ Your GirlFriend? by TOYOSI20(f): 6:59am On Jun 20, 2009
Why not??, . . . and make her pay double, and on time too, . . . . cheesy cheesy
Re: Can You Employ Your GirlFriend? by Psuccess: 2:05pm On Jul 01, 2009
If your girlfriend earns it on merit, why not?

No matter who you offer a job, if he or she lacks the competence and the right values to fit into your organization, you are disadvantaged- girlfriend or no girlfriend. So weigh both sides of the coin and then make a valid decision.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Huawei Salary Scale / The Leading Law Firms In Nigeria / A Thread For Participants Interested In Learning It Courses & Career Placements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.