Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,378 members, 7,864,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:10 AM

Tony Elumelu Reacts To Lagos Collapsed School Building - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tony Elumelu Reacts To Lagos Collapsed School Building (15628 Views)

Tony Elumelu Reacts To Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa / Tony Elumelu Eating Roasted Corn Inside Plane, Dele Momodu Reacts / Tony Elumelu And His Twin Boys, Tony And Toby Pictured Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tony Elumelu Reacts To Lagos Collapsed School Building by keryj(f): 12:07pm On Mar 14, 2019
seunfly:
Abeg come out and contest for elective position jare, we need real business mogul like this to come out of their shell and take on the driving position of this country.

What if it's not his calling, if he does not perform well now they will complain.

Las Las them go forget say he was rich before and start claiming he has embezzled money then send EFCC to go drink his hard earned money.

dangote, otedola, and the rest should also run for political posts
Re: Tony Elumelu Reacts To Lagos Collapsed School Building by goldenarrow: 12:22pm On Mar 14, 2019
nelsonoba:

Because this God does not force himself or decisions on people while they have a freewill and are still on earth. This is why this God demands that people pray to him first before he steps in to help them. This is why this God hates sin, but has not come down from heaven to force you to accept Christ as your saviour. This is why when this God saw you about to commit fornication with your girlfriend, He did not come down from heaven to stop you from committing that sin which He already knows is destructive to your soul. This is why this God judges people at the end of their life because all the while they were alive on earth, they had a freewill to please Him and follow his way or not, so whatever decision humans make on earth, God is just for punishing or rewarding us at the end of life.

This is also why this God has not come down from heaven to slap your mouth all he while you have been insulting him, because he has given you a freewill to decide what you want to do on earth.....but you will be held accountable for your choices at the end of your life. Only Jesus can save you if you so wish

I love this. Thank you Mr Nelson.

2 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu Reacts To Lagos Collapsed School Building by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 12:27pm On Mar 14, 2019
hahn:
Why bother praying to the same god that couldn't save them in the first place?

Because in their shallow mind devil is responsible for the accident!
Yet they will say gog is an powerful gog.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tony Elumelu Reacts To Lagos Collapsed School Building by caracas: 12:45pm On Mar 14, 2019
McAausim:
cry

Wishing them quick recovery and may the souls all of the faithful departed rest in peace.... Amen
Amen
Re: Tony Elumelu Reacts To Lagos Collapsed School Building by marvinsync(m): 1:01pm On Mar 14, 2019
nelsonoba:

You don't live with those kids, you don't even know if they believe in God or their parents believe in God. You are not the creator of the universe, you were only born into a universe already created by God who also set the rules. Your anger cannot shift the foundations/rules of the universe you have no idea how it came about.

I will say this to you again, and listen this time around; GOD CREATED MAN AND GAVE MAN A FREEWILL AND PUT HIM IN CHARGE OF THE EARTH. JESUS SAID 'ASK AND YOU WILL RECEIVE, SEEK AND YOU WILL FIND, KNOCK AND THE DOOR WILL BE OPENED TO YOU'. GOD KNOWS THE NEED OF EVERY HUMAN BEING, BUT HE DOESN'T FORCE HIS HELP ON ANYONE. IF GOD FORCES HIS HELP ON HUMANS, THEN THERE WILL BE NO NEED TO PRAY FOR OUR NEEDS BECAUSE GOD WILL JUST BE THROWING EVERYTHING DOWN FROM HEAVEN.

IF GOD FORCES HIS WILL/HELP ON PEOPLE, THEN YOU WOULD NEVER HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY/CHANCE TO DARE SAY YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN, BECAUSE GOD WOULD HAVE SINCE FORCED YOU TO GIVE YOUR LIFE TO CHRIST SO THAT YOU WON'T GO TO HELL.

IF YOU CAN'T BLAME GOD FOR NOT STOPPING YOU FROM COMMITTING FORNICATION WHICH IS A SIN AND BAD FOR YOU, THEN DON'T BLAME GOD FOR NOT STOPPING AN ACCIDENT YOU DID NOT PRAY TO HIM TO STOP. USE YOUR HEAD AND THINK!

do u know how many people pray and still suffer and die??

let me ask u if prayer was 100% certain they why doesn't every one pray and don't bullshyte me about faith , when some discoveries were made no one believed them at first but because they were so certain everyone just had to believe but let's look at prayers , if u pray and it's "answered" , its God , but if u pray and it isn't answered there's always a fault , it either , U didn't have enough faith , God's testing u , God works in mysterious ways , God works at the 11th hour , some crap to say why it wasn't answered and the thing is all these excuses are all contradictions in the Bible

ps. u telling me that a father needs to be told beforehand before he saves his children , doesn't God love u? what kind of insecurity does God have that he has to be worshipped every second before moving a finger

and as long as they recite the grace or lord's prayer , they have already prayed to be protected
Re: Tony Elumelu Reacts To Lagos Collapsed School Building by pacesetting: 1:34pm On Mar 14, 2019
My brother, your opinion about God cannot change who He is. So, stop trying. But the fact is, if you really desire to know about humanity and divinity, you will.
marvinsync:

let me ask u if prayer was 100% certain they why doesn't every one pray and don't bullshyte me about faith , when some discoveries were made no one believed them at first but because they were so certain everyone just had to believe but let's look at prayers , if u pray and it's "answered" , its God , but if u pray and it isn't answered there's always a fault , it either , U didn't have enough faith , God's testing u , God works in mysterious ways , God works at the 11th hour , some crap to say why it wasn't answered and the thing is all these excuses are all contradictions in the Bible

ps. u telling me that a father needs to be told beforehand before he saves his children , doesn't God love u? what kind of insecurity does God have that he has to be worshipped every second before moving a finger

and as long as they recite the grace or lord's prayer , they have already prayed to be protected

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu Reacts To Lagos Collapsed School Building by nelsonoba: 2:51pm On Mar 14, 2019
marvinsync:

When they tell people to study and gain knowledge first before becoming atheists, they will say no and just jump out with their ignorance to try and dispute age-long truths.

1) Who ever told you that God answers 'all' prayers? Have you ever read Proverbs 15:8 (KJV) "The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD: but the prayer of the upright is his delight"? That is one kind of prayer God does not answer - prayer/sacrifice of a sinner (except if it begins with praying for forgiveness first)

2) Even when people pray, have you not read this to see the conditions? James 4:2 - 4 "You crave what you do not have. You kill and covet, but are unable to obtain it. You quarrel and fight. You do not have, because you do not ask. 3[b]And when you do ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may squander it on your pleasures.[/b] 4You adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore, whoever chooses to be a friend of the world renders himself an enemy of God.…"

If God decided to answer EVERY prayer all human beings pray, do you think you will be alive today? Do you know how many people who don't like you and wish you were dead or that one bad thing happens to you? So if God had answered their bad prayers, won't you have died since?

3) Have you read this before? James 1:6 - 8 "But he must ask in faith, without doubting, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7That man should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8He is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.…"

Now, I will summarise these conditions for receiving help from God for you according to what the bible clearly says

A) You must ask/pray to God for help
B) You must ask with faith, believing that God is able to help you
C) You must ask according to the will of God

IF THESE 3 CONDITIONS ARE MET, YOU WILL RECEIVE ANSWERS TO YOUR PRAYER, BUT IF ONE OR MORE OF THESE CONDITIONS ARE MISSING, YOU WILL NOT GET ANY ANSWER (Except in rare cases where God decides to show mercy and do something that answers your need, but that answer to you ends up benefitting another person who has been praying for you knowingly or unknowingly). But the bottom line is that somebody must have prayed for that thing even if it was not you praying.

LASTLY, God does not suffer from any insecurity issues as Lucifer has deceived you to believe. If He could create billions of galaxies and stars that even Astronomers have not finished discovering all of them, then who do you think you are that you can threaten God? If you die and go to hell today, God will still be sitting on His throne, and the earth will continue existing until any day God decides to end the earth's existence. So, my guy, you are not qualified to make God feel insecure. We worship God because HE IS GREAT AND DESERVES ALL THE WORSHIP! IT IS ONLY RIGHT THAT YOU WORSHIP THE ONE WHO GAVE YOU LIFE!

AND I WILL ADD AGAIN; IF GOD DECIDES TO WITHDRAW THE FREEWILL HE GAVE TO MAN AND START FORCING HIS HELP ON MAN, YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE MOUTH TO QUESTION GOD AS YOU ARE DOING NOW, BECAUSE HE WOULD HAVE SINCE FORCED YOU TO GIVE YOUR LIFE TO CHRIST!

GOD GAVE MAN BRAIN, SO MAN CAN BE CREATIVE TO SOLVE HIS EARTHLY PROBLEMS. A HUMAN BEING SOMEWHERE REFUSED TO USE HIS GOD-GIVEN BRAIN TO DO A QUALITY CONSTRUCTION THAT HAS COLLAPSED, AND NOW YOU WANT TO BLAME GOD? YOU ARE NO DIFFERENT FROM A LOT OF IGNORANT NIGERIAN CHRISTIANS WHO BELIEVE GOD SHOULD COME DOWN FROM HEAVEN AND SOLVE ALL THEIR PROBLEMS INSTEAD OF BEING PRODUCTIVE AND APPLYING COMMON SENSE TO SOME ISSUES THEY ARE DOING NIGHT VIGIL PRAYERS FOR. E.G. YOU WANT TO BE RICH, BUT DON'T WANT TO WORK HARD OR BE CREATIVE, AND INSTEAD THINK YOU GET WEALTHY BY PRAYING ONLY!

Re: Tony Elumelu Reacts To Lagos Collapsed School Building by nelsonoba: 2:52pm On Mar 14, 2019
marvinsync:

When they tell people to study and gain knowledge first before becoming atheists, they will say no and just jump out with their ignorance to try and dispute age-long truths.

1) Who ever told you that God answers 'all' prayers? Have you ever read Proverbs 15:8 (KJV) "The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD: but the prayer of the upright is his delight"? That is one kind of prayer God does not answer - prayer/sacrifice of a sinner (except if it begins with praying for forgiveness first)

2) Even when people pray, have you not read this to see the conditions? James 4:2 - 4 "You crave what you do not have. You kill and covet, but are unable to obtain it. You quarrel and fight. You do not have, because you do not ask. 3[b]And when you do ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may squander it on your pleasures.[/b] 4You adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore, whoever chooses to be a friend of the world renders himself an enemy of God.…"

If God decided to answer EVERY prayer all human beings pray, do you think you will be alive today? Do you know how many people who don't like you and wish you were dead or that one bad thing happens to you? So if God had answered their bad prayers, won't you have died since?

3) Have you read this before? James 1:6 - 8 "But he must ask in faith, without doubting, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7That man should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8He is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.…"

Now, I will summarise these conditions for receiving help from God for you according to what the bible clearly says

IF THESE 3 CONDITIONS ARE MET, YOU WILL RECEIVE ANSWERS TO YOUR PRAYER, BUT IF ONE OR MORE OF THESE CONDITIONS ARE MISSING, YOU WILL NOT GET ANY ANSWER (Except in rare cases where God decides to show mercy and do something that answers your need, but that answer to you ends up benefitting another person who has been praying for you knowingly or unknowingly). But the bottom line is that somebody must have prayed for that thing even if it was not you praying.

LASTLY, God does not suffer from any insecurity issues as Lucifer has deceived you to believe. If He could create billions of galaxies and stars that even Astronomers have not finished discovering all of them, then who do you think you are that you can threaten God? If you die and go to hell today, God will still be sitting on His throne, and the earth will continue existing until any day God decides to end the earth's existence. So, my guy, you are not qualified to make God feel insecure. We worship God because HE IS GREAT AND DESERVES ALL THE WORSHIP! IT IS ONLY RIGHT THAT YOU WORSHIP THE ONE WHO GAVE YOU LIFE!

AND I WILL ADD AGAIN; IF GOD DECIDES TO WITHDRAW THE FREEWILL HE GAVE TO MAN AND START FORCING HIS HELP ON MAN, YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE MOUTH TO QUESTION GOD AS YOU ARE DOING NOW, BECAUSE HE WOULD HAVE SINCE FORCED YOU TO GIVE YOUR LIFE TO CHRIST!

GOD GAVE MAN BRAIN, SO MAN CAN BE CREATIVE TO SOLVE HIS EARTHLY PROBLEMS. A HUMAN BEING SOMEWHERE REFUSED TO USE HIS GOD-GIVEN BRAIN TO DO A QUALITY CONSTRUCTION THAT HAS COLLAPSED, AND NOW YOU WANT TO BLAME GOD? YOU ARE NO DIFFERENT FROM A LOT OF IGNORANT NIGERIAN CHRISTIANS WHO BELIEVE GOD SHOULD COME DOWN FROM HEAVEN AND SOLVE ALL THEIR PROBLEMS INSTEAD OF BEING PRODUCTIVE AND APPLYING COMMON SENSE TO SOME ISSUES THEY ARE DOING NIGHT VIGIL PRAYERS FOR. E.G. YOU WANT TO BE RICH, BUT DON'T WANT TO WORK HARD OR BE CREATIVE, AND INSTEAD THINK YOU GET WEALTHY BY PRAYING ONLY!
Re: Tony Elumelu Reacts To Lagos Collapsed School Building by hahn(m): 4:06pm On Mar 14, 2019
nelsonoba:

You don't live with those kids, you don't even know if they believe in God or their parents believe in God. You are not the creator of the universe, you were only born into a universe already created by God who also set the rules. Your anger cannot shift the foundations/rules of the universe you have no idea how it came about.

I will say this to you again, and listen this time around; GOD CREATED MAN AND GAVE MAN A FREEWILL AND PUT HIM IN CHARGE OF THE EARTH. JESUS SAID 'ASK AND YOU WILL RECEIVE, SEEK AND YOU WILL FIND, KNOCK AND THE DOOR WILL BE OPENED TO YOU'. GOD KNOWS THE NEED OF EVERY HUMAN BEING, BUT HE DOESN'T FORCE HIS HELP ON ANYONE. IF GOD FORCES HIS HELP ON HUMANS, THEN THERE WILL BE NO NEED TO PRAY FOR OUR NEEDS BECAUSE GOD WILL JUST BE THROWING EVERYTHING DOWN FROM HEAVEN.

IF GOD FORCES HIS WILL/HELP ON PEOPLE, THEN YOU WOULD NEVER HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY/CHANCE TO DARE SAY YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN, BECAUSE GOD WOULD HAVE SINCE FORCED YOU TO GIVE YOUR LIFE TO CHRIST SO THAT YOU WON'T GO TO HELL.

IF YOU CAN'T BLAME GOD FOR NOT STOPPING YOU FROM COMMITTING FORNICATION WHICH IS A SIN AND BAD FOR YOU, THEN DON'T BLAME GOD FOR NOT STOPPING AN ACCIDENT YOU DID NOT PRAY TO HIM TO STOP. USE YOUR HEAD AND THINK!

Lol. You don't know what freewill even means. You are blinded by your apathy.

Then why bother praying to god to help kids that are already dead or trapped?

Obviously it is not going to do anything
Re: Tony Elumelu Reacts To Lagos Collapsed School Building by spartan50(m): 4:20pm On Mar 14, 2019
seguno2:

Chasing FTC even on a sorrowful thread like this
What happened to your conscience and sense of humanity?
What's wrong with you?
Re: Tony Elumelu Reacts To Lagos Collapsed School Building by nelsonoba: 5:12pm On Mar 14, 2019
hahn:

Lol. You don't know what freewill even means. You are blinded by your apathy.

Then why bother praying to god to help kids that are already dead or trapped?

Obviously it is not going to do anything

Praying for the dead does not change anything and God does not answer prayers for dead people. Prayers are only for the living. I never told you or tried to imply that Tony was right in praying for the dead, I only took issue with your ridiculous thought pattern that suggests God does not answer prayers in general.

According to my dictionary, "Free will is the ability to choose between different possible courses of action unimpeded." Mark that word UNIMPEDED! This is why God did not rush down to the garden of eden to stop Adam & Eve from eating the forbidden fruit even after God had warned them not to and they were about to eat it.

Go and read DEUTERONOMY 30:15 "Now listen! Today I am giving you a choice between life and death, between prosperity and disaster."

That is the definition of the freewill God gave man! And it is because that freewill is still in place and God does not like to violate it that is why you can still afford to remain a sinner and be heading to hell, and God will not force you to do what is right by making you forcefully accept Jesus Christ who is the only solution to man's sin. I say it again, if there was no freewill, then You would have been forced to accept Jesus a long time ago.

IF GOD DOES NOT RESPECT THE FREEWILL HE GAVE MAN ON EARTH, THEN GOD WOULD HAVE TRULY BEEN A WICKED EVIL BEING LIKE YOU TRY TO PAINT HIM FOR JUDGING PEOPLE AT THE END OF THEIR LIVES AND HAVING SINNERS GO TO HELL. If God had to interfere in man's affairs to help him, then it would have been injustice for him to help some people accept Christ and go to heaven and forget to help all the sinners who go to hell. GOD IS NOT UNJUST!
Re: Tony Elumelu Reacts To Lagos Collapsed School Building by seguno2: 6:10pm On Mar 14, 2019
spartan50:

What's wrong with you?

Very tiny compared to what is wrong with you.
Re: Tony Elumelu Reacts To Lagos Collapsed School Building by marvinsync(m): 9:46pm On Mar 14, 2019
nelsonoba:

lol the Bible is full of sh!t , aren't there parts of the Bible where God gives people power to curse and destroy people? u said God allows us to sin what about soddorm and Gomorrah? and so many other people he destroyed cause they didn't follow him?

now again I asked u a question , are u saying that every body that fulfils those 3 conditions u listed above will always and I mean always have their prayers answered? or are there like a billion exceptions?

and u say God give us free will but do u know what free will is? let's say ur a programmer and u create an app and give that app the ability to do certain things and then when it does those things u punish the app for it? let me put this clearly can a creator blame his creation for doing what it was created with the ability to do?

and again God is insecure ,he is the almighty creator yet he needs to be worshipped? imagine bill gates telling windows to worship him or mark Zuckerberg telling Facebook to workship him every second cause he is the creator what would u think of that?

and I'm not an atheist I'm an Agonist
Re: Tony Elumelu Reacts To Lagos Collapsed School Building by marvinsync(m): 9:49pm On Mar 14, 2019
pacesetting:
My brother, your opinion about God cannot change who He is. So, stop trying. But the fact is, if you really desire to know about humanity and divinity, you will.

ur right I can't change it

but I'm not a zombie to follow so foolishly without questioning

have u ever stopped to think about Christianity thoroughly? no u can't because u so irrationally believe everything ur told, everything ur pastor says u literally can't imagine or phantom that ur wrong and it's ok it's ur life but the issue is u go around so foolishly expecting that everybody does the same
Re: Tony Elumelu Reacts To Lagos Collapsed School Building by pacesetting: 11:26pm On Mar 14, 2019
marvinsync:

ur right I can't change it

but I'm not a zombie to follow so foolishly without questioning

have u ever stopped to think about Christianity thoroughly? no u can't because u so irrationally believe everything ur told, everything ur pastor says u literally can't imagine or phantom that ur wrong and it's ok it's ur life but the issue is u go around so foolishly expecting that everybody does the same
if believing in the existence of God is foolishness, then I am more than glad to soak up the foolishness. By the way, I wonder where you got the brain to know what is foolish and what is not. Oh, I forgot, human evolution right? smh
Re: Tony Elumelu Reacts To Lagos Collapsed School Building by Flakky26(f): 6:04am On Mar 15, 2019
seunfly:
Abeg come out and contest for elective position jare, we need real business mogul like this to come out of their shell and take on the driving position of this country.

Kingsley moghalu and pat.itomi.that came out for elective positions.how did it turns out? We are not ready for competent and leaders with integrity.
Re: Tony Elumelu Reacts To Lagos Collapsed School Building by seunfly: 6:06am On Mar 15, 2019
Flakky26:

Kingsley moghalu and pat.itomi.that came out for elective positions.how did it turns out? We are not ready for competent and leaders with integrity.

You are ready, although I voted for Kingsley I was supprised that people almost lynched me that I wasted my vote.
Re: Tony Elumelu Reacts To Lagos Collapsed School Building by marvinsync(m): 7:20am On Mar 15, 2019
pacesetting:
if believing in the existence of God is foolishness, then I am more than glad to soak up the foolishness. By the way, I wonder where you got the brain to know what is foolish and what is not. Oh, I forgot, human evolution right? smh

lol ur laughing at us for thinking that we weren't created by a God but let me ask u this , where did God come from ud say he created himself right? how'd u know? was it said somewhere in the Bible? and now if u have no problem with God just coming to being why should u denial us the right to also say we just came to being? lol God himself is an atheist

and evolution is natural and proven , it's not even an argument , the argument is whether we came from apes or not but evolution is science and true

now u said ud be glad to soak up foolishness , fine but don't go around expecting others to do the same . And I'd have u know ur no different from all those suicide bombers who so foolishly believe that blowing up themselves would get them into heaven
Re: Tony Elumelu Reacts To Lagos Collapsed School Building by nelsonoba: 9:13am On Mar 15, 2019
marvinsync:

lol the Bible is full of sh!t , aren't there parts of the Bible where God gives people power to curse and destroy people? u said God allows us to sin what about soddorm and Gomorrah? and so many other people he destroyed cause they didn't follow him?

now again I asked u a question , are u saying that every body that fulfils those 3 conditions u listed above will always and I mean always have their prayers answered? or are there like a billion exceptions?

and u say God give us free will but do u know what free will is? let's say ur a programmer and u create an app and give that app the ability to do certain things and then when it does those things u punish the app for it? let me put this clearly can a creator blame his creation for doing what it was created with the ability to do?

and again God is insecure ,he is the almighty creator yet he needs to be worshipped? imagine bill gates telling windows to worship him or mark Zuckerberg telling Facebook to workship him every second cause he is the creator what would u think of that?

and I'm not an atheist I'm an Agonist

1) The bible is not full of shit. It is full of truth, but we see most things in life through the prism of our mind. So if our minds become full of shit, we will always end up interpreting most things as shit even when they are not. This is why a wise man once said "perception is stronger than reality to most people ". One proof of that quote can be found in the lives of most celebrities we adore just because of the way we perceive them, and not necessarily because they are as good as they package themselves to be.

2) In the old testament when we had not entered into the dispensation of Grace through the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross, a lot of sins that are taken for granted today were punishable by instant death, eg. Homosexuality! Even idol worship in many cases in Israel was punishable by death or famine. But now, in the dispensation of grace, those things are still sin, but God now gives a much longer opportunity and time for people to realise their evil ways and change before they die and go to hell if they don't repent.

3) Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because we had not entered the dispensation of grace at that time. America and Europe have far more Homosexuality going on that Sodom and Gomorrah multiplied by 10, yet God has not physically destroyed them because of grace.

4) Yes, God commanded Israel to kill some people/nations in the old testament. Do you know why? Because grace was not yet available to the world through the death of Christ at that time, and those nations were nations that refused to worship God their creator, but were into idol worship. And the bible makes it clear that THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH! So God was merely executing judgement on those people who refused to worship him by commanding Israel to kill them. THE SAME DEATH WOULD HAVE COME TO PEOPLE LIKE YOU SINCE, BUT IT HASN'T BECAUSE WE ARE IN A DISPENSATION OF GRACE.

5) Everybody who fulfills those 3 conditions I previously mentioned WOULD ALWAYS HAVE THEIR PRAYERS ANSWERED 100% OF THE TIME AND THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS! I PRAYED MANY TIMES FOR SPECIFIC THINGS AND I HAVE SEEN THE ANSWERS ON MANY OCCASIONS, ON SOME OCCASIONS I DIDN'T SEE THE ANSWER, AND ON SOME OCCASIONS I SAW THE ANSWER MUCH LATER THAN WHEN I WANTED. After a while I am able to tell why some of the prayers i didn't receive their answers immediately didn't happen at the time i wanted - IT WAS NOT THE WILL OF GOD, AND I ENDED UP GETTING SOMETHING I LATER REALIZED WAS FAR BETTER THAN WHAT I WAS PRAYING FOR!

6) Let's not just say I'm a programmer, because I am actually a programmer and that is what I do for a living. I create apps and programme them to do certain things, and if I find bugs that make them do something other than what I created them to do, I don't blame the app, I BLAME MYSELF BECAUSE THE APP DOES NOT HAVE A FREEWILL! The app does not have the power to decide to run any commands outside the scripts I have written for it. This is why I cannot set judgement and condemn the app if anything goes wrong with it.

But human beings are not like that! WE WERE CREATED TO BE AUTONOMOUS AND HANDED THE SCRIPT THAT SHOULD RUN OUR LIVES (Which is God's word written in the bible), and then given the power to decide to run whatever script we choose. So, if we fail because we decided to run a script that Carries a virus instead of the recommended script given by God, then it is our fault, and not God's fault because we made the choice! QUIT BLAMING GOD FOR THE WOES OF YOUR LIFE AND START TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS!

7) I don't want to imagine a Bill Gates telling Windows to worship him as your mind is already imagining, but I want to imagine your own father or mother giving you biscuits when you were 3 years old and demanding you say THANK YOU to them after collecting the biscuits and running away without saying anything. OR why didn't you try mocking your parents and telling them they are INSECURE for teaching you to say thanks whenever they gave you a gift as a child?? After all, they are your parents and have all the money in the world to buy that little gift for you, and besides isn't it their responsibility to 'take care of you as a child'? BUT YOU KNOW HOW TO IMAGINE THE GOD WHO GAVE YOU AND YOUR PARENTS THE GIFT OF LIFE IS BEING INSECURE WHEN HE SAYS YOU SHOULD THANK AND WORSHIP HIM?? ***How more twisted and perverse could the human mind ever get?***
Re: Tony Elumelu Reacts To Lagos Collapsed School Building by marvinsync(m): 1:48pm On Mar 15, 2019
nelsonoba:

1) The bible is not full of shit. It is full of truth, but we see most things in life through the prism of our mind. So if our minds become full of shit, we will always end up interpreting most things as shit even when they are not. This is why a wise man once said "perception is stronger than reality to most people ". One proof of that quote can be found in the lives of most celebrities we adore just because of the way we perceive them, and not necessarily because they are as good as they package themselves to be.

ok

2) In the old testament when we had not entered into the dispensation of Grace through the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross, a lot of sins that are taken for granted today were punishable by instant death, eg. Homosexuality! Even idol worship in many cases in Israel was punishable by death or famine. But now, in the dispensation of grace, those things are still sin, but God now gives a much longer opportunity and time for people to realise their evil ways and change before they die and go to hell if they don't repent.

Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because we had not entered the dispensation of grace at that time. America and Europe have far more Homosexuality going on that Sodom and Gomorrah multiplied by 10, yet God has not physically destroyed them because of grace.

I see so in the past God was a tyrant, he then sent Jesus (himself according to the trinity) to die as a sacrifice unto himself so that he would no longer kill us for doing things he created us to do?

4) Yes, God commanded Israel to kill some people/nations in the old testament. Do you know why? Because grace was not yet available to the world through the death of Christ at that time, and those nations were nations that refused to worship God their creator, but were into idol worship. And the bible makes it clear that THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH! So God was merely executing judgement on those people who refused to worship him by commanding Israel to kill them. THE SAME DEATH WOULD HAVE COME TO PEOPLE LIKE YOU SINCE, BUT IT HASN'T BECAUSE WE ARE IN A DISPENSATION OF GRACE.

wow and God loves us so much and has given us such free will ,he is omniscience , he creates us knowing fully well that we are gonna sin , then we sin and then he punishes us for all eternity

Everybody who fulfills those 3 conditions I previously mentioned WOULD ALWAYS HAVE THEIR PRAYERS ANSWERED 100% OF THE TIME AND THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS! I PRAYED MANY TIMES FOR SPECIFIC THINGS AND I HAVE SEEN THE ANSWERS ON MANY OCCASIONS, ON SOME OCCASIONS I DIDN'T SEE THE ANSWER, AND ON SOME OCCASIONS I SAW THE ANSWER MUCH LATER THAN WHEN I WANTED. After a while I am able to tell why some of the prayers i didn't receive their answers immediately didn't happen at the time i wanted - IT WAS NOT THE WILL OF GOD, AND I ENDED UP GETTING SOMETHING I LATER REALIZED WAS FAR BETTER THAN WHAT I WAS PRAYING FOR!

stop lying , u can't tell me people's prayers are always answered, and what do u mean if is God's will? that means it's stills 50/50 if it's answered , that is u can pray all year but if God doesn't feel like it he won't answer , so it's not really a sure thing that God answers ur prayers , he still chooses to or not , but the thing is the Bible always makes it feel so sure like ur 100% certain it would be answered, like the saying Goes "if u have faith like a mustard seed you would move mountains" when it should actually be " if u have faith like a mustard seed and if God feels like it at that moment then u might move mountains"
so in other words if prayers aren't answered and bad things happen then it's God's will right?

6) Let's not just say I'm a programmer, because I am actually a programmer and that is what I do for a living. I create apps and programme them to do certain things, and if I find bugs that make them do something other than what I created them to do, I don't blame the app, I BLAME MYSELF BECAUSE THE APP DOES NOT HAVE A FREEWILL! The app does not have the power to decide to run any commands outside the scripts I have written for it. This is why I cannot set judgement and condemn the app if anything goes wrong with it.

But human beings are not like that! WE WERE CREATED TO BE AUTONOMOUS AND HANDED THE SCRIPT THAT SHOULD RUN OUR LIVES (Which is God's word written in the bible), and then given the power to decide to run whatever script we choose. So, if we fail because we decided to run a script that Carries a virus instead of the recommended script given by God, then it is our fault, and not God's fault because we made the choice! QUIT BLAMING GOD FOR THE WOES OF YOUR LIFE AND START TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS!

wrong! we are just like programs !! , what free will do we have ? did we create ourselves? , just like apps we have restrictions , we have to sleep , eat ,poop , we can't breathe underwater or fly , we are built with walls and given abilities. An app can do so many things , some apps even choose actions to take based on certain circumstances but can u say they have free will ? can an app do what it wasn't created to do? now let's say an app gets bugs and does what u don't like , like uve said u can't blame the app as the programmer its ur duty to deal with bugs
alright let me ask u a question if God doesn't want us to sin why doesn't he just make us not be able to? why does give us the ability to sin and being omniscience knows very well what we are going to do but still creates us that way and decides to punish us?

I don't want to imagine a Bill Gates telling Windows to worship him as your mind is already imagining, but I want to imagine your own father or mother giving you biscuits when you were 3 years old and demanding you say THANK YOU to them after collecting the biscuits and running away without saying anything. OR why didn't you try mocking your parents and telling them they are INSECURE for teaching you to say thanks whenever they gave you a gift as a child?? After all, they are your parents and have all the money in the world to buy that little gift for you, and besides isn't it their responsibility to 'take care of you as a child'? BUT YOU KNOW HOW TO IMAGINE THE GOD WHO GAVE YOU AND YOUR PARENTS THE GIFT OF LIFE IS BEING INSECURE WHEN HE SAYS YOU SHOULD THANK AND WORSHIP HIM?? ***How more twisted and perverse could the human mind ever get?***

now I agree thanking ur parents is courtesy . But like uve said ur parents duty is to take care if u , why would u create someone ur not gonna take care of ? the fact is whether or not ur child thanks u or not u have to take care of him , I know my parents don't do things because of the thank u I give them after , they do those things and then expect a thank u after words . Now saying thank u and worshipping someone are two different things! God demanding he be worshipped all the time b4 he even does things for us is insecurity

and u say the gift of life tell that to those in hell ! I'm sure they'd have preferred not to be created in the first place than be placed in a rigged system

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buying All Bitcoin And Giftcard Rate Is Too Good.. / I Have 20 To 25 Million To Invest, Looking For Good Investment Opportunity. / My Giving Habit Affects My Friendship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.