Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Okorocha Appeals To INEC Over Senate Certificate Of Return - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Appeals To INEC Over Senate Certificate Of Return (34654 Views)

APC Strategists Mobilise Against PDP Over Senate Minority Leadership / Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race / Ranking Ex-Governors Move To Take Over Senate Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha Appeals To INEC Over Senate Certificate Of Return by Tundemuttee: 12:02pm On Mar 15, 2019
Governor Rochas Okorocha has appealed to the Independent National Electoral Commission to issue him with certificate of return as the senator-elect for Imo West.

He made the appeal at a press conference in Abuja today.

“I will advise INEC to do the right thing, to release my certificate so that I can celebrate as others. I want to be in the Senate and it will be interesting if I am there ” Okorocha said.

He urged INEC not to allow itself manipulated by his political opponents, who he said, wanted to freeze him out politically.

Okorocha was not invited by INEC to a ceremony in Abuja where certificates of return were presented to all senators elect and members of the House of Representatives. Okorocha was declared winner of Imo West two weeks ago, amidst claims by the returning officer, Professor I. Ibeabuchi that he made the declaration under duress.

INEC appeared to have upheld the submission and omitted Okorocha’s name from the list of senators-elect invited to Abuja.

Okorocha said his travails are connected to the politics of 2023 and that his opponents are already conspiring to close him out.

“I understand that people are beginning to fight a war of the future now when we are not even yet there.

“The idea is that, do not give Rochas a certificate; you must slow him down until after they have elected the presiding officers, then you can let him come in,”he said.

He added that the idea was to also ensure that he does not become anything in the Senate and to make sure that his governorship candidate son in-law does not emerge winner.

Okorocha ended his conference with some sarcasm, suggesting that INEC excluded from today’s event for a bigger event.

“I think probably, INEC must be trying to do something special, because I understand that once results have been declared and returns made, then you are bound to be issued a certificate of return,”he said.

“Maybe, INEC would want to organise a special programme for me to hand over this certificate of return to me, because clearly, I won and it was a peaceful election, the best you can ever think of,”he said.

https://all-gists..com/2019/03/Okorocha-appeals-to-INEC-over-senate-certificate.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Appeals To INEC Over Senate Certificate Of Return by baliyubla: 12:03pm On Mar 15, 2019
Truth is INEC has no right to withhold Mr. Iberiberisms certificate. If INEC has issues with how Rochas was announced winner, they should approach the courts.

What’s happening to Rochas and Akpabio is the same thing that happened to Ibrahim Mantu who was promised the Senate Presidency in 2007, only for him to be humiliated at the polls, just to allow the secretly favored David A. B. Mark to emerge Senate President.

Rochas should have been wiser.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okorocha Appeals To INEC Over Senate Certificate Of Return by KingSatan: 12:04pm On Mar 15, 2019
angry angry angry angry angry angry

GIVE MY SON HIS CERTIFICATE OF RETURN!

HE HAS DONE NOTHING WRONG.

IS IT A CRIME TO ENSLAVE IGNORANT PEOPLE AND TRAMPLE ON THEIR COMMONWEALTH?

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

6 Likes

Re: Okorocha Appeals To INEC Over Senate Certificate Of Return by freeze001(f): 12:07pm On Mar 15, 2019
Okorocha is just a horrible being! How does he even explain his nature? Where did he originate from? He's such a dirty loudmouth kai! God forbid abeg!

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Appeals To INEC Over Senate Certificate Of Return by Tundemuttee: 12:10pm On Mar 15, 2019
grin grin..

You be happy. Don't give up
Re: Okorocha Appeals To INEC Over Senate Certificate Of Return by sweerychick(f): 12:54pm On Mar 15, 2019
grin I thought your sister is the commissioner for happiness in Imo state undecided why not consult her!

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okorocha Appeals To INEC Over Senate Certificate Of Return by Cletus77(m): 1:01pm On Mar 15, 2019
He should visit the Ministry of Happiness

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okorocha Appeals To INEC Over Senate Certificate Of Return by sweerychick(f): 1:16pm On Mar 15, 2019
baliyubla:
Truth is INEC has no right to withhold Mr. Iberiberisms certificate. If INEC has issues with how Rochas was announced winner, they should approach the courts.

What’s happening to Rochas and Akpabio is the same thing that happened to Ibrahim Mantu who was promised the Senate Presidency in 2007, only for him to be humiliated at the polls, just to allow the secretly favored David A. B. Mark to emerge Senate President.

INEC has every right to withhold it because it was announced under duress.. the returning officer told the whole world the he was announcing the result under duress...... It would be a shame for Inec to issue a certificate to a candidate who's result was made known to the whole world by the electoral officer was under duress. It's like NYSC issuing a discharge certificate to someone who openly flouted their rules and regulations in everyone's eyes.
Rochas should go to court and stop whining like a baby tongue

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Okorocha Appeals To INEC Over Senate Certificate Of Return by Ojiofor: 1:22pm On Mar 15, 2019
Okorocha said the rest of us (ndi Igbo) don't know how to play politics, he is the only wise man from the east.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha Appeals To INEC Over Senate Certificate Of Return by Gistpeeps: 2:29pm On Mar 15, 2019
You will be happy
Re: Okorocha Appeals To INEC Over Senate Certificate Of Return by jlinkd78(m): 2:36pm On Mar 15, 2019
Who cares

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Appeals To INEC Over Senate Certificate Of Return by lagdmark(m): 2:46pm On Mar 15, 2019
baliyubla:

Doesn't make any sense to issue certificate to Akpabio who lost election just because of self -pity. Make Rochas approach the court ,why the depression for the politicians.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Appeals To INEC Over Senate Certificate Of Return by BIGDADDY000(m): 3:59pm On Mar 15, 2019
FUNNY ENOUGH! how mighty are falling.

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Appeals To INEC Over Senate Certificate Of Return by Pascopele: 3:59pm On Mar 15, 2019
BREAKING: Nigeria’s inflation rate drops yet again in February to 11.31%

Headline year on year Inflation slows to 11.31%

Year on Year Food inflation drops to 13.47%

Year on Year Core inflation drops to 9.80%

Source: NBS

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okorocha Appeals To INEC Over Senate Certificate Of Return by naijapikin04(m): 3:59pm On Mar 15, 2019
Guber Poll: Our Victory Will Be Sweet – Gov. Wike

Details: > https://nextedition.com.ng/2019/03/15/guber-poll-victory-will-sweet-gov-wike/

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Appeals To INEC Over Senate Certificate Of Return by stalwart123(m): 4:00pm On Mar 15, 2019
grin

But you said they lacked the power, now you are begging so that you can celebrate like others.

I no fit laugh.

INEC is treating your fvck up.

Next time, you will know say power pass power.

26 Likes

Re: Okorocha Appeals To INEC Over Senate Certificate Of Return by KubwaBoy: 4:00pm On Mar 15, 2019
if only statues could vote, this man would have won convincingly

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Appeals To INEC Over Senate Certificate Of Return by chloride6: 4:01pm On Mar 15, 2019
INEC lacks the powers to deny Okorocha his certificate of return...

We should be careful in allowing persons and institutions assume powers they like...

If the REc doesnt like me, all he needs to say is that he is announcing the results under duress, and my mandate will be denied.

That is very dangerous precedent.

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha Appeals To INEC Over Senate Certificate Of Return by datopaper(m): 4:01pm On Mar 15, 2019
F
Re: Okorocha Appeals To INEC Over Senate Certificate Of Return by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:02pm On Mar 15, 2019
It is well.
Re: Okorocha Appeals To INEC Over Senate Certificate Of Return by obaataaokpaewu: 4:02pm On Mar 15, 2019
The way Rochas is frustrated now, I wouldn't be surprised if I hear that he has taken INEC to election tribunal grin grin grin grin
Iberibe na enye Rochas morale

16 Likes

Re: Okorocha Appeals To INEC Over Senate Certificate Of Return by kolnel: 4:02pm On Mar 15, 2019
Appealing ?
Re: Okorocha Appeals To INEC Over Senate Certificate Of Return by eben1marketer: 4:02pm On Mar 15, 2019
Rochas right now.
undecided

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha Appeals To INEC Over Senate Certificate Of Return by MxreR: 4:05pm On Mar 15, 2019
You are very correct. Okoroawusa should go to court, otherwise INEC should organise another election for that district. Okorocha is a criminal, he forced the REC to announce him winner even when he didn't win.

sweerychick:
INEC has every right to withhold it because it was announced under duress.. the returning officer told the whole world the he was announcing the result under duress...... It would be a shame for Inec to issue a certificate to a candidate who's result was made known to the whole world by the electoral officer was under duress. It's like NYSC issuing a discharge certificate to someone who openly flouted their rules and regulations in everyone's eyes.
Rochas should go to court and stop whining like a baby tongue

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha Appeals To INEC Over Senate Certificate Of Return by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:05pm On Mar 15, 2019
grin
Re: Okorocha Appeals To INEC Over Senate Certificate Of Return by henrysam(m): 4:06pm On Mar 15, 2019
He was erecting statutes like they are the one who will vote for him.
Accept my sympathy bro

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kwankwaso: Peter Obi Could Have Been My Vice President In NNPP / President Buhari Visits Kigali Genocide Memorial In Rwanda (Pictures) / Mashood Bakare Resigns As Buhari Campaign Group Coordinator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.