Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? (35527 Views)

At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? / At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? / My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by bidemz(m): 4:25pm On Mar 15, 2019
In this era we live in I've seen children in the streets fending off for themselves at a tender age ranging from the age of 12 and above which I find abnormal (in most cases I think it's due to poverty) but I see zeal in them, some of them are those we see in traffic selling pure waters, etc....

While some men/women at the age of 25-30 are still living under their parents roof, still being fed by their parents. I also find this not a good standard for a person of that age.

This prompted me to ask this question, at what ideal age should an individual start an independent life?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by simplyhonest(m): 4:36pm On Mar 15, 2019
for me, I didn't move back with my folks after NYSC... so, it depends on individual abilities and desire to be successful on your own rights

131 Likes 6 Shares

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 15, 2019
So far ur parents don't complain ur good to go

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 15, 2019
@25...My opinion.

But d country's economy is not friendly, dats y u see older ppl in their parents' house.

In fact, no matter the kinda freedom u ar given by ur parents...U'l start feeling uncomfortable under their roof at a certain stage.

162 Likes 4 Shares

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by LuciferRedeemed: 4:38pm On Mar 15, 2019
Once he / she is old enough to masturbate, it's time to leave

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by FreeMejoor1(m): 4:44pm On Mar 15, 2019
snrman:
So far ur parents don't complain ur good to go
stupid talk

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by lilmax(m): 4:50pm On Mar 15, 2019
25 max...no excuses

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 15, 2019
a child cant leave his/her parent. if he/she is stubborn, they can crawl away but mama will still get him or her back home.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by seyigiggle: 4:55pm On Mar 15, 2019
for male child, upon graduation from uni or at most masters

16 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by latexxbro(m): 5:00pm On Mar 15, 2019
seyigiggle:
for male child, upon graduation from uni or at most masters

At most Upon Graduation from Uni you say because you go thief for Uni abi na business be your primary aim for Uni?? People and their mentality self..You didn't even say NYSC,So let's assume you graduated at 20yrs,You should Leave abi??

your type might still be with his parents at 30-35..

185 Likes 10 Shares

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 15, 2019
On a more serious note

parents need to force their children out of the home once they graduate university, they also need to support them financially until they get their first job.

in life, we all need support to succeed.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by seyigiggle: 5:20pm On Mar 15, 2019
Poverty has really done bad to this one.
Mr. no be everybody be suffer head like you and your lineage.
my family no be Dangote, but well structured.
Even if they delay your destiny, you would graduate before 26.
Anyways, I am a proof of what I wrote.
By the way, how old are you? Can you get married by 27?

By the way, I have a colleague whose child is schooling abroad and would graduate by 19 this year.
The child is not willing to relocate to naija.
What do you have to say?

latexxbro:

At most Upon Graduation from Uni you say because you go thief for Uni abi na business be your primary aim for Uni?? People and their mentality self..You didn't even say NYSC,So let's assume you graduated at 20yrs,You should Leave abi??

your type might still be with his parents at 30-35..

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by MJBOLT: 5:38pm On Mar 15, 2019
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by xpac01(m): 6:07pm On Mar 15, 2019
It all depends on individuals. I am 32 and still living in my parent's house. An employed graduate. I travel out a lot from town for a one job or the other. So no need paying for a house I won't stay more than six days in a month.

So, every one is cut out for different cases.

196 Likes 10 Shares

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Apus: 6:18pm On Mar 15, 2019
seyigiggle:

By the way, I have a colleague whose child is schooling abroad and would graduate by 19 this year.
What do you have to say?

Boast not and if U must, boast by God's grace. Not everyone will be privileged as you na. You sound like a mommy's boy though (no offence).

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Tamarapetty(f): 6:25pm On Mar 15, 2019
When they start showing signs of maturity! A 25yrs old guy or girl can still be immature, no sense of responsibility. So just stay with your mummy and daddy

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by shege45: 6:29pm On Mar 15, 2019
wetdick:
On a more serious note

parents need to force their children out of the home once they graduate university, they also need to support them financially until they get their first job.

in life, we all need support to succeed.
so how do they support you when they force you out

9 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 15, 2019
shege45:
so how do they support you when they force you out

it written there already-financially, they can help you get your own place and can also send you cash to survive if squatting with someone.

comfortably eating mummy's food at home doesnt bring out the best in you before you know it you will be 35 and still at home

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by daben1(m): 6:49pm On Mar 15, 2019
xpac01:
It all depends on individuals. I am 32 and still living in my parent's house. An employed graduate. I travel out a lot from town for a one job or the other. So no need paying for a house I won't stay more than six days in a month.

So, every one is cut out for different cases.
you're igbo, I guess

6 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by daben1(m): 6:53pm On Mar 15, 2019
seyigiggle:

What do you have to say?

"poverty has really done bad to this one" bro, if you or your family are rich, it's not by your effort, it's just God's mercy and He can be MERCIFUL to anybody, anybody!

30 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by meobizy(f): 7:06pm On Mar 15, 2019
I can't really say.
My only guess is one should use the legal guideline of 18 in some countries and 21 in others.
What parents should do is groom children to become independent on reaching those ages.

SPACE FOR SALE!
Are you bored with the politics and romance sections but want to cash out from the traffic?
Buy this space.
25,000 NGN only.
I collect Bitcoin, Bank transfers, Western Union transfer and airtime equivalent.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by anochuko01(m): 7:07pm On Mar 15, 2019
don't even put HER. woman dey commot for house? dey wait till man come....
even when dey have issues with husband, most of them still return to their father's house.
I know just ONE female friend who has rented a house and refused to return home after nysc.
she's responsible....yeah I know her that well.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by DonroxyII: 7:07pm On Mar 15, 2019
I left Finally @25 ... When I began M.sc !!

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by adecz: 7:07pm On Mar 15, 2019
grin grin grin

Once through with service.
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by slawomir: 7:07pm On Mar 15, 2019
Sincerely sha

Male children don't live home!

If you know you know

Ovbokhan eku mi mio owa

In Bini
It means no matter the comfortability and excitement you get outside you will still return home.

6 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by SEXYBILLIONAIRE(m): 7:07pm On Mar 15, 2019
Stupid question to be ask in naija
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by helinues: 7:07pm On Mar 15, 2019
Partially left home when I gained an admission

Left for good at the age of 21

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Georgekyrian(m): 7:07pm On Mar 15, 2019
Whenever you’re matured to know you need peace and comfort...
Moreover at 30 a man (suppose) to be living in his personal apartment (Not parents aboard) , no house mate, no roommate

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by iCauseTrouble: 7:08pm On Mar 15, 2019
For guys. I say immediately after school or service.
For ladies, They should stay till their husbands come to pick them.
Most ladies staying alone are oloshos in disguise

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Usjimy(m): 7:08pm On Mar 15, 2019
It varies. No be everybody wey be age-mate be sense-mate. I'll advice you wait until you can take responsibility for your every action.

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth / My Mom Is Missing / Sopha Denise Shares Her Love Story Online - PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.