Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,051 members, 7,835,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? (35609 Views)

At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? / At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? / My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by SEXYBILLIONAIRE(m): 7:08pm On Mar 15, 2019
daben1:
"poverty has really done bad to this one" bro, if you or your family are rich, it's not by your effort, it's just God's mercy and He can be MERCIFUL to anybody, anybody!
its not mercy it's hard work And smart work. U Christians are annoying

5 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Dannygold3790(m): 7:09pm On Mar 15, 2019
It all depends on

1 individual abilities

2 parental abilities

As for me I left immediately after my WAEC
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by joyberry(f): 7:09pm On Mar 15, 2019
Its depends on the individual, parents. Was 22 when I moved to a new state cos of work;in my base i see young peeps of 18-20 already staying alone and working .

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by AreaFada2: 7:11pm On Mar 15, 2019
latexxbro:

At most Upon Graduation from Uni you say because you go thief for Uni abi na business be your primary aim for Uni?? People and their mentality self..You didn't even say NYSC,So let's assume you graduated at 20yrs,You should Leave abi??

your type might still be with his parents at 30-35..
LOL @ Jesus film behind the scene you posted below your post. grin

Until the time parents cannot tolerate their presence anymore. cheesy

Joke aside, it depends. Some are not ready to move out even at 35. Others become independent at 18 to 25.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 15, 2019
cool
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Tupacc: 7:12pm On Mar 15, 2019
Depends on the child orientation, but if I am to use my story line to judge, I got exposed at a very early age and I left them parent about 19years or so!
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 15, 2019
lilmax:
25 max...no excuses

For females too? I still live with my parent though I'm planning on moving out.
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by mikejj(m): 7:13pm On Mar 15, 2019
LuciferRedeemed:
Once he / she is old enough to masturbate, it's time to leave

....ahn ahn eh...Bros eh...
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by aku626(m): 7:14pm On Mar 15, 2019
Culture influences this decision in this part of the world however a good age would be 26 considering cultural and economical influences
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by RexTramadol1: 7:15pm On Mar 15, 2019
As Na me com own my house nko

Wetin make I com do

Say because my papa don change address make I no flex him house bah

Taaaaah!

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by TinaG(f): 7:15pm On Mar 15, 2019
In our Nigeria oh,till you marry or get a job that will take you out of town.

5 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Hotzone(m): 7:16pm On Mar 15, 2019
simplyhonest:
for me, I didn't move back with my folks after NYSC... so, it depends on individual abilities and desire to be successful on your own rights
Abobi, na age op dey ask uooooo!

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Daeylar(f): 7:17pm On Mar 15, 2019
The child must be financially stable, emotionally and mentally strong before anyone talks about leaving their parents home.

Once that is settled.

When the child wants to go the child can go. Minimum age 18-21
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by EmekaBlue(m): 7:17pm On Mar 15, 2019
grin this topic go affect people o

life is hard.

For me i left at age 25 and it has not been easy

16 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by King44(m): 7:18pm On Mar 15, 2019
I think there is no specific age, it depends on the child n moreover abilities to b independent varies but I think after or before graduating from uni, poly etc depends on child coping ability n orientation
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 15, 2019
Mine is complex. Left home at age 15 immediately after secondary to join my uncle in Lag. He lived in a face me and slap you with his friends (about 5-6) lol. I manged there for 2 years while I’m preparing for jamb. Got admission and the rest is history. I stayed in school hostel cause I couldn’t afford off camp accommodation..

During strikes I’d be force to leave hostel and sometimes squat in a friend’s place off camp. I rarely go to Lagos cause Uncle got married and was staying with his Iyawo in his newly built home. Although not to taste but I really don’t like his iyawo and her delay in cooking. I like food but she starves me a lot.. perhaps ignorantly.

In 300L I started doing one or two hustles and money began to pump in heavy.. I was technically 19-20 years when I’ve been on my own.. would be 24 this April and thank God for everything.

Sometimes, certain conditions would boost your morale and hunger to be independent at least, if not rich but OK.

I’m the boss of myself now. I only called to check on his kids; send stuffs etc. last year December, I was in lag but I lodge in an hotel for a week..

I really don’t like visiting family people I no like some kind iyawo issues... na she dey call me now tho. She dey even call me “sir” but hey, I’ve earned my respect. I no do pass myself

35 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Reference(m): 7:21pm On Mar 15, 2019
If you can make that child into a seed then he/she should never fall far from the tree. But we have lost our way in God. Lost the purpose for our creation so civilisation requires or expects children to be 'scattered abroad' so that progress is terminated, knowledge is lost and continuity is ended.

In reality a child leaving his parents is the product of the curse on man at his downfall to sin in the garden of Eden.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Akalia(m): 7:22pm On Mar 15, 2019
SEXYBILLIONAIRE:
its not mercy it's hard work. U Christians are annoying
When I hear such arrogant utterance from people my heart sinks. Do you think you are the most hard working man on earth and that's why you are successful?

There are people out there that best you in the areas where your strengths lie but yet they may not be at par with you socially.

Please never you brag about your success and never you look down on anyone still facing social struggles . There is no mate in destiny ; life revolves around time and chance. Ecclesiastes 9:11.

16 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by puregrace(m): 7:22pm On Mar 15, 2019
I intentionally stopped eating their food at 17(my parent even thought I was angry) ,moved out at 18 when i finished secondary school to start doing some menial jobs to further my studies and at d same time learning skill(s). So it depends on what an individual wants.
I hate depending on people to survive.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by GuntersChain(m): 7:22pm On Mar 15, 2019
all fingers are not equal and besides each individual has his/her own timeline. What works for A might not work for B.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by SEXYBILLIONAIRE(m): 7:24pm On Mar 15, 2019
Akalia:
When I hear such arrogant utterance from people my heart sinks. Do you think you are the most hard working man on earth and that's why you are successful?

There are people out there that best you in the areas where your strengths lies but yet they may not be at par with you socially.

Please never you brag about your success and never you look down on anyone still facing social struggles . There is no mate in destiny ; life revolves around time and chance. Ecclesiastes 9:11.
bro it's hard work and smart work. We not successful by chance or by mercy or by god or Satan. Lottery winners and people that inherited cash and properties exempted

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 15, 2019
TinaG:
In our Nigeria oh,till you marry or get a job that will take you out of town.

Forget this people way want copy oyibo, I dey my papas house, eating his food comfortable, Not going anywhere till I get married. If anybody like, make he prove his manhood by moving out at 18 or 20, as for me, I think I go dey till late 20s, when hopefully I will get married & get a House less than two blocks from my mom cheesy , so I can visit them everyday after work

Some just one to fuvk and thier parents no go allow fornication, so they move out sharp sharp grin

20 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by gbagyiza: 7:26pm On Mar 15, 2019
xpac01:
It all depends on individuals. I am 32 and still living in my parent's house. An employed graduate. I travel out a lot from town for a one job or the other. So no need paying for a house I won't stay more than six days in a month.

So, every one is cut out for different cases.

But seriously, this is d right time for u to start your home. There is nothing wrong for you to get a place, furnished it n get married. Its good to start your own family now that you r earning money at this age because time don't wait for anybody. There r lots of disadvantages in getting married late, u might not understand this now but when u get there u will.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Tchalz(m): 7:26pm On Mar 15, 2019
sherylbakky:
@25...My opinion.

But d country's economy is not friendly, dats y u see older ppl in their parents' house.

In fact, no matter the kinda freedom u ar given by ur parents...U'l start feeling uncomfortable under their roof at a certain stage.
True
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by daben1(m): 7:27pm On Mar 15, 2019
SEXYBILLIONAIRE:
Your belief, my belief
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Martinez39(m): 7:27pm On Mar 15, 2019
SEXYBILLIONAIRE:
Don't mind them.
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by asawanathegreat(m): 7:28pm On Mar 15, 2019
It depends on your background. Your live can start at anytime.
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Meklex(m): 7:29pm On Mar 15, 2019
26 and still living with my folks. Will be moving out before June

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by xpac01(m): 7:29pm On Mar 15, 2019
daben1:
you're igbo, I guess
Why ask?
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by IMAliyu(m): 7:30pm On Mar 15, 2019
Legally 18, but from my observation start working after uni and get married and move out at 27-30.
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by GENERALCASHMIR(m): 7:30pm On Mar 15, 2019
I left 26,and almost done with MSC, leave your comfort zone if you really want to make it in life.

9 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Drdreluv: 7:30pm On Mar 15, 2019
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

“My wife denies me my sexual rights”, husband tells court / Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry / My Marriage Is Stressing Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.