Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,446 members, 7,836,781 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Protest In London Over Alleged $1million Bribe To UK Officials In Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest In London Over Alleged $1million Bribe To UK Officials In Nigeria (45787 Views)

Senator Joseph Wayas' Corpse Abandoned In London Over Funds / Senate Sends Delegation To London Over Ekweremadu’s Arrest / Iran Shiites Protest At Nigerian Embassy In London Over El-Zakzaky (Video, Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest In London Over Alleged $1million Bribe To UK Officials In Nigeria by Chikpat(m): 10:03pm On Mar 17, 2019
VULCAN:
Useless APC apologist.

But Buhari must be President.

Wretched BMC

Data is cheap, at least you can afford it. However, sense is expensive and that's why you lack it. In life, you will need more sense than data
Re: Protest In London Over Alleged $1million Bribe To UK Officials In Nigeria by ChineduObinna(m): 11:44pm On Mar 17, 2019
Chikpat:
Must Wike be Gov?
The guy is too desperate and his past 4yrs in office does not justify any thing tangible his administration will hold on to as success, given the huge IGR and allocation that accrues to Rivers state
Well in all sincerity and truth, no citizen of Rivers or an individual who stayed in Rivers before Wike came in would honestly say what you have just said. From roads, to housing, to scholarships, to state health care, school funding, payment of workers. When Osibanjo came to commission a project completed by Wike, you can search for yourself to see what he said about him. He has been very good a governor of his state. You can only fault him for being too vocal an opposition, which I have no problem with, as far as he keeps doing his job for his people.
Re: Protest In London Over Alleged $1million Bribe To UK Officials In Nigeria by ChineduObinna(m): 11:52pm On Mar 17, 2019
farem:

It means PDP is a curse to Nigeria!
When Ameachi was in pdp, he remained the pdp poster boy as governor in Nigeria.
Immediately he decamped, you lot jumped to akpabio and immediately akpabio left, you all condemned his "uncommon transformation".
If, wike, for instance leaves pdp, the wailing spirit in you will erase from your medulla what you just wrote above about him

Never was he the poster boy.
His first tenure was promising but not exceptional, until he pushed out his close allies like Wike through appointmens etc. He was making unannounced visits to construction sites on his power bikes, visiting schools unannounced to supervise principals, etc. But he didn't sustain it, even before his 1st tenure elapsed. He won his 2nd term because he had no real opposition. You think ElRufai will have an override in Kaduna had he a Kwankwaso up against him or a Wike?
Re: Protest In London Over Alleged $1million Bribe To UK Officials In Nigeria by poseidon12: 12:57am On Mar 18, 2019
Nonsense. The election rigging Nigerian Army trying to save face. Their shameful role was in public view. Even the partisan INEC condemned the interference of the Military in Rivers State election.
Re: Protest In London Over Alleged $1million Bribe To UK Officials In Nigeria by bigcasava1(m): 8:09am On Mar 18, 2019
Morons! These are the lazy youth buhari is talking about.
Re: Protest In London Over Alleged $1million Bribe To UK Officials In Nigeria by farem: 12:04pm On Mar 18, 2019
ChineduObinna:

Never was he the poster boy.
His first tenure was promising but not exceptional, until he pushed out his close allies like Wike through appointmens etc. He was making unannounced visits to construction sites on his power bikes, visiting schools unannounced to supervise principals, etc. But he didn't sustain it, even before his 1st tenure elapsed. He won his 2nd term because he had no real opposition. You think ElRufai will have an override in Kaduna had he a Kwankwaso up against him or a Wike?

You would not know because it's either you ate
Re: Protest In London Over Alleged $1million Bribe To UK Officials In Nigeria by GiantParrot(m): 12:29pm On Mar 18, 2019
I have no idea where these protesters got their information from, or whether the information is true. But I know that there have been several eye witness accounts of the disgraceful behaviour of certain military personnel during the elections. INEC even mentioned so in their press release. And we all know that Wike has no control over the military.

As a tax paying resident of Rivers state, I can say that I am reasonably happy to pay these taxes with Wike as governor. The man is a thug, but a working thug. He is hardly my kind of candidate for a leader, but is probably what Rivers needs at this time. I hate the PDP, just as much as I hate APC. But for these elections, Rivers needs a strong man with adequate following who can stand against the anti-democratic actions of the FG. In this matter, I stand on the side of democracy.

Every child in Rivers knows that there is no semblance of a competition between AAC and PDP in this 2019 Rivers governorship election. Only anti-democratic forces can cause Wike to lose this election. Buhari knows this, Amaechi knows this, the AAC candidate knows this, and APC as a party knows this. It will be a great shame and loss to democracy in Nigeria if Amaechi succeeds in subverting the will of the Rivers people. And an even greater shame to those military personnel who have conducted themselves disgracefully by reducing themselves to local thugs doing the bidding of a politician. It will be a win for Amaechi, a win for APC, perhaps a win for Buhari and Abba Kyari, but a loss to Rivers and Nigeria. A loss with huge and undesirable ramifications for peace and stability in Rivers state, and also for future elections in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mujahid Akintola Is Dead: Ishaq Akintola, MURIC Founder Loses Son / Atiku vs Buhari: What happened in court on Tuesday / $50m Found In Ikoyi: Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue's Lawyers Release Press Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.