Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,615 members, 7,820,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? (13926 Views)

The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty / Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? by xtivin2: 8:44am On Mar 17, 2019
Yes... Christ is the meditator of the new testament.
And you can only get eternal life through him because only his blood can get us access to heaven.
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? by finalboss(m): 8:45am On Mar 17, 2019

4 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:50am On Mar 17, 2019
Darkseid:
This is the problem with most Christians, most of y'all act retarded. Instead of arguing with proofs and maybe convince the OP to believe, you are here shouting haters up and down. If Jesus was truly God then his death is meaningless; because he had a million years to prepare for it and knowing fully well that he will come back alive. The funniest thing is that Jesus you claimed died for y'all didn't even want to die at all grin grin

ISN'T THIS ENOUGH PROOF THAT THE STORY OF CHRISTIANITY IS A CONFUSINGLY INVENTED WORK OF FICTION BY EUROPEAN ALCOHOL ADDICTS FROM SPAIN AND ITALY??

10 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? by goodychet: 8:53am On Mar 17, 2019
Auki:
Well package paganism.

Worship only He that created you and your forefathers of old. He that ur soul will return to, that is Lord of the Worlds.

Assigning divinity to Jesus is sheer paganism. Pauline Christianity that is now main stream is never tought by Jesus nor those his early followers do what u are currently doing. Jesus never asked mankind to take him and his mother as an object of worship instead of the Lord of the Throne.

Thank you for the fact that you believe in Jesus Christ. Are you aware of his teaching that I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the father except through me? What is your take on this?
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? by trappatoni(m): 8:55am On Mar 17, 2019
I do not have any doubt in my mind as to this as there is a big difference between when I was not a Christian and when I became one. Jesus is Lord.
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? by Sedonxavi: 8:59am On Mar 17, 2019
Every prophet were the righteous way to the Almighty God during their reign including Abraham, Noah, moses, Eesah (Jesus) and Mohammed. However Christians misunderstood the birth of Jesus and turn him to God because is fatherless forgotten that Adam has no father and mother....mind you religion will not take you anywhere if your humanity is bad.

5 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? by poseidon12: 9:02am On Mar 17, 2019
imamabi:

You talk like you are sure you are on the right path.

You don't have to be sure. You have to have faith. That's what it's all about, faith.
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? by vanfem: 9:03am On Mar 17, 2019
Absolute Truth!
Jesus Christ is God Himself!

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? by isan(m): 9:05am On Mar 17, 2019
that means or non Christians are not going to heaven ? op continue
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? by fasbat(m): 9:15am On Mar 17, 2019
OKDnigeria:
Many people have criticized Christianity and believers in Jesus Christ as being too narrow-minded because we preach that Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation. They point to the numerous other religions of the world and say, "How can your way be the only way?"

One of the answers to this question is that Jesus himself declared that He was, in fact, God in the flesh.

I and the Father are one. ( John 10:30 , NASB)
He who has seen Me has seen the Father… ( John 14:9 b, NASB)

Jesus did not give Christians any other option but to preach that it is only through faith in His sacrificial death on Calvary that we can receive salvation from our sins.

Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me." ( John 14: 6, NLT)
I
Jesus claimed to be God. We have to judge his statements about himself as either true or false.
The great British writer, C. S. Lewis, explained in his well-known book, Mere Christianity , "A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher; he'd either be a lunatic -- on a level with a man who says he's a poached egg -- or else he'd be the devil of hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God; or else a madman or something worse."

"You can shut Him up for a fool, you can spit at Him and kill Him as a demon; or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God. But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to."

So Jesus was either a madman, a liar, a myth, or He really was -- and is -- the Son of God.

It's Not About Me
Some people believe that all the religions in the world are basically the same. But that simply is not true. Christians, Jews, and Muslims believe in a personal God who has revealed Himself to mankind. Buddhists and Hindus believe God is impersonal and unknowable. But God cannot be both personal and impersonal -- both concepts cannot be correct.

But Christianity is also different from all other religions of the world in one other vitally important concept -- the idea that God reached out to man to save him because man was helpless to save himself.

Every other religion in the world is based on man's efforts to reach God. These world religions teach that man must somehow do righteous deeds or perform religious service in order to become good enough for salvation. In order to be saved a person must pray a certain number of times, in a certain manner, facing a certain direction. Or he must wear a particular type of religious garment. Or he must visit a certain religious shrine or temple. Or he must worship in a particular way.

Some religions require sacrifice and even the infliction of pain upon a believer in order to become holy in the sight of God. Some extreme religions require adherents to beat themselves with whips or rods to show their devotion to God. Some require pilgrims to crawl on their knees a certain distance in prayer in order to earn righteous points with God. Some religions require worship on Friday; others on Saturday; and others on Sunday.

But in all of this, the striving after righteousness is based on the religious activity of the man or woman. In every other religious system besides Christianity, a spiritual scale hangs over the head of the individual, with all of the sins they have committed on one side and all of their righteous deeds on the other. The person never knows whether they have been good enough, or prayed enough, or worked hard enough to earn the righteous points needed to counter their earned sins.

But the Christian Bible teaches that man is a sinner and could never earn salvation by what he or she did.

As the Scriptures say, "No one is righteous—not even one." ( Rom. 3:10 , NLT)

For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. ( Rom. 3:23 , NLT)

We are all infected and impure with sin. When we display our righteous deeds, they are nothing but filthy rags. ( Is. 64:6a, NLT)

The apostle Paul makes it clear that salvation is available only through the sacrifice that Jesus Christ made when he carried the sins of the world on the cross.

For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ. (2 Cor. 5:21, NLT)

Jesus never sinned. So He was the only one who could pay the price and carry the sins of all people who ever lived upon himself on the cross. He was the sacrificial lamb who took upon himself the sin of the people.

This salvation comes only through the grace of God toward man, and we can only receive it by faith -- not by any deed that we could ever do.

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. ( Eph. 2:8-9 , NKJV)

No matter how good you are; no matter how religious you are; no matter what you do for God, you can never be good enough, or holy enough to earn salvation.

Any plan of salvation that is based on the efforts of man is doomed to failure. But the Bible tells us that salvation has been made available to us because Jesus came to earth and bore our sins on the cross.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. ( John 3:16 , NKJV)

All we have to do is believe and receive what Jesus did to bring salvation to us. God has given us the grace to receive salvation; all we have to do is open the door by faith.

Receiving the Free Gift
Jesus Christ declared himself to be the Son of God, the Savior of the World. Now you need to decide how you will respond to his call to "follow me." He declared that He alone is "the way, the truth, and the life -- no one can come to the Father, except through Me."

Will you take the next step now? Will you trust Him to be your Lord and Savior?

Put your life into His hands now. Do what He asks you to do. His yoke is easy and His burden is light. He asks you to believe in Him. He asks you to honestly confess your sins to Him and to receive His complete forgiveness. He has a special gift that He wants to give you -- eternal life.

http://www1.cbn.com/questions/jesus-only-way-salvation
honestly, I need a serious and concrete answer,those that lived before Jesus our Lord and Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) ,how will God do their case? Because there were generations before the 2 and would want to know if God will use different rules and regulations to adjudicate on the separate era....
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? by AngelicBeing: 9:20am On Mar 17, 2019
OKDnigeria:

I and the Father are one. ( John 10:30 )
He who has seen Me has seen the Father… ( John 14:9b)

Paul didn't make the above statements, Jesus did. Actually, Jesus claimed to be God, and that's why the Jews killed Him.
"Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the Sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God".
John 5:18 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/jhn.5.18.KJV

That said, what the article is trying to say is that Jesus is the only one who paid for sin. No other religious leader or prophet paid or even claimed to have paid for man's sin. Only Jesus Christ!

If you don't believe in Jesus or accept that He died for your sins, your sins remain with you and you will pay for them yourself. And the wages of sin is death, eternal separation from God, that is hell fire!
cool
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? by Offpoint1: 9:21am On Mar 17, 2019
OKDnigeria:

I and the Father are one. ( John 10:30 )
He who has seen Me has seen the Father… ( John 14:9b)

Paul didn't make the above statements, Jesus did. Actually, Jesus claimed to be God, and that's why the Jews killed Him.
"Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the Sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God".
John 5:18 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/jhn.5.18.KJV

That said, what the article is trying to say is that Jesus is the only one who paid for sin. No other religious leader or prophet paid or even claimed to have paid for man's sin. Only Jesus Christ!

If you don't believe in Jesus or accept that He died for your sins, your sins remain with you and you will pay for them yourself. And the wages of sin is death, eternal separation from God, that is hell fire!
You guys should stop misinterpreting the Bible abeg. There's no where in the Bible Jesus claimed to be God.

The John 10:30 you quote there, ask God to open your eyes to understand that verse.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? by PrinceGallant: 9:22am On Mar 17, 2019
Lie!

Tell me who was the way before Jesus came to this world? Just tell us that those that have come before Jesus would go to Hell.

Can't we reason? How can you say that a man that was killed against his will died for your sins? Do you know what is sacrifice? It is what you do by your volition, Jesus wished the death could be lifted, yet you are claiming he died for you.

Well, the way is to know Who created you and worship Him alone without ascribing any partner with Him.

4 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? by BoverLY: 9:22am On Mar 17, 2019
The world knows that.
The bird and fishes witnesses it.
We have the feelings in our body and spirits.
We see enough evidence from history. Bible and quran
We practice it everyday
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? by lecturer50(m): 9:26am On Mar 17, 2019
JESUS CHRIST is the son of GOD and the only way to GOD

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? by Offpoint1: 9:29am On Mar 17, 2019
Truefaith:
This is very good material. I pray it be used by God to bless someone.

Not only Christians, but every human being on earth.

Every man, woman or child MUST confront the issue of Who the Lord Jesus Christ was when He was here.

All false religions say He was not God.

The Jehovah's Witnesses say He was a created being, albeit the first created being; the Pentecostals and the Charismatics say He was an "anointed man", no different from any of their other "anointed ministers" walking the street. The New Age Cults such as Mormons, Christian Science, Religious Science, Eckankar, Islam and the occults say He was a "way-shower", a teacher, another guru.

He, in John 8:24 says ALL who do not believe He was God (The I AM of the Bible) is lost and would die in their sins.

Hebrews 13:8 says Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today and forever; the unchanging attribute only God can lay claim to.

Who do you think the Lord Jesus Christ was?

Your answer determines where you will spend eternity.

https://www.thetruechristianfaith.com/what-does-it-mean-to-be-born-again/

Please where in the Bible did Jesus ACTUALLY claimed he was God? can you guys stop misinterpreting the Bible please.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? by anataala: 9:31am On Mar 17, 2019
Where did he say that? Please educate me.
Kentuforchrist:
Weather the haters of Christ likes it or not Jesus is the only way and nothing can stop Him the haters are just been brainwashed by the devil himself

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? by kareemkamil(m): 9:34am On Mar 17, 2019
Someone should answer me please, during the time of Mose's, who was the way truth & life.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? by Zamboroto: 9:35am On Mar 17, 2019
is Jesus (peace be upon him) the only way to heaven?
what happens to those that lived before Jesus (peace be upon him)? are they all going to hell?

No doubt, Jesus (peace be upon him) was the only way to heaven for his people during his time just like every other prophet of the Almighty.

For more clarification on this, I recommend you search for people like Dr Zakir Naik, Sheikh Muhammad Auwal or any other expert in comparative religion. Google, YouTube etc... the information is out there if you seek it.

Gracias.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? by Orpe7(m): 9:36am On Mar 17, 2019
Yes Yes Yes
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? by lecturer50(m): 9:38am On Mar 17, 2019
JESUS CHRIST is the way to GOD,the truth of GOD,and the life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? by MikelIbe: 9:39am On Mar 17, 2019
I had the deepest understanding of salvation when I read a book by an author who made a comparative analysis of Hinduism and Christ as regards the burden of sin.

He said that the Hindus that believe in reincarnation and sufferings for past sins are in a vicious cycle that hardly ends because ,man can't be perfect enough to enter paradise. But Christ was appointed by God the father to break the vicious cycle to make for a direct entry to heaven for those who believe in him.

For Islam that believes you'll go to hell first before Allah takes u to heaven ,the truth is that no one goes to hell fire and return.

For Islam that believes that you must kill or die fighting in war for you to avoid hell, please use your wisdom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? by kareemkamil(m): 9:41am On Mar 17, 2019
Mr Somologo. So you say Mose's, Adam, David, and all those mensengers that came before Jesus are going to hell, may Almighty God open up ur eyes and give u common sense.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? by Zamboroto: 9:42am On Mar 17, 2019
lecturer50:
you are the liar.You and your prophet muhammad are liars.Your god Allah is a liar.You are worshipping a black stone which the ancient people know and worship as a Allah.Jesus christ was not killed against his will.He deliberately gave Himself as our sacrifice for sins.He cleanse us from our sins.Prophet muhammad is an idiot for lying against christianity.

imagine going to hell because of some stupid comments on Nairaland. SMH.

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? by iamwhat: 9:44am On Mar 17, 2019
The question to ask is, who is Jesus ? Simply put, Jesus is THE WORD OF GOD.
What's the only way to Heaven ? Simply put, WORD OF GOD.

4 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? by poweredcom(m): 9:50am On Mar 17, 2019
First notin like going to heaven or hell immediately you die

Second Jesus Christ story was more fabricated so much to fit the greediness of today religious bodies

Keep waiting for Jesus stupid people don't think of ways to better your society and enjoy heaven on earth you Africans

The europeans that brought Christianity are tired of it and they now believe more of technologies advancement

Una de here de find heaven stupid people your heaven and hell are here on earth

Idiot wats my business. With what happen after death
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? by lecturer50(m): 9:51am On Mar 17, 2019
kareemkamil:
Someone should answer me please, during the time of Mose's, who was the way truth & life.
In colosians 1,Jesus christ is revealed as:He is before all things and in Him all things consist.So in moses time Jesus christ was the only way because the bible says He followed moses and the jews as a rock. He was the one who led the israelites all the way from egypt to canaan.He was a spiritual rock who led them.Forget about false islamic propaganda against christianity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? by Zamboroto: 9:51am On Mar 17, 2019
Offpoint1:

Please where in the Bible did Jesus ACTUALLY claimed he was God? can you guys stop misinterpreting the Bible please.

off point is on point today. lol
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? by SheikhMuniru(m): 9:53am On Mar 17, 2019
Jesus Christ Was A Servant And Messenger

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? by Offpoint1: 9:57am On Mar 17, 2019
Zamboroto:

off point is on point today. lol
gringrin una wey dey monitor me for nairaland God dey watch una. you no wan make I get small sense even on Sunday morning? grin

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? by HenryInno1(m): 10:00am On Mar 17, 2019
BETPAWA:
Jesus is an illusion. Heaven is a prey. They both don't exist.
GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOU

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do You Know When God Speaks To You / Who Is Esther ? / Men And Their Indecent Dressing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.