Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today (13537 Views)

If You Were To Die Today, Will You Make Heaven? / Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by pawesome(m): 7:59am On Mar 17, 2019
OP wantu spoil mountain of fire people mind this morning
Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by Phon1x: 8:01am On Mar 17, 2019
Jobabori:
If you are not a witch/wizard or so called village people, why do you think others are?. Do you have enough time for your own struggling and hustling?. Why do you think others would abandon their own hustling and struggling to concentrate on your destruction?. I am not saying there are no wicked people, but to suspect your neighbors, family members, in-laws and so on as the one specifically responsible or likely to be responsible for your problems or perceived problems is a kind of wickedness from your part. You are gradually becoming a witch/ wizard that you are praying against.

Guy you never work in an environment where your very position causes envy and jealousy and people ve snitching against you to the boss to curry favour or your very position? Even when your minding your business they wont let you be? These are humans o..now inagine those that go as far as consulting mediums against you..or you think yoruba films put those babalawo scene just to fill up camera time?
Just thank your God if yoi av never been there.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by poseidon12: 8:03am On Mar 17, 2019
priceaction:
That advice na for oyibo grin grin grin,, for Here in Africa, you need fall down and die prayers oo. Someone will just wake up, and just go to one evil shrine and started raining incantations and curses on you and your children just because of envy. Infact, I have seen a woman on the road of oshodi one day, that was coming towards a lady, while I was walking at her back. It was a rush hour, This evil woman brought out something like a stick but It was a charm, pointed it towards this ladys tommy at a close range. I caught the screen, the lady caught the drama too but she was confused and kinda gentle. Though she confronted the woman but lightly, the woman just said she was playing with her. And it passed. "Bible says sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof". That's the kind of wickedness we are talking about. Who knows may be the charm has to do with the ladys womb or strange sickness. I have to walk to the lady and told her to better pray vigorously and back to sender kaind of prayers as she was walking. I strongly believe the woman had a mission.
If the fall down and die prayers has been working for some people, why can't I pray such too to fortify my self? You better stop them before they stop you. grin grin grin

How are you sure the so called 'fall down and die' prayers have been working for some people? If it has been working, Nigeria's population would not be in the millions.

5 Likes

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by tomju(m): 8:07am On Mar 17, 2019
OP, is correct. God is love. Jesus Christ said " the greatest commandment is love" . A loving God cannot wish all to be destroyed! But to repent and be forgiven. Praying die die die offers them no chance towards repentance as it were. God fights your battle. You can do nothing.We are mere mortals. We pray to God to fight our battles. Man's power is very limited. Forget about the deceit from modern Churches, they'd constantly put you in a gullible position of servitude, to believe things untrue, so they can control you subtly and be master. Hence, whatever they churn out, you believe! No wonder everyone is opening his own church, and designing is own concept. Their pocket is the motivation.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by poseidon12: 8:08am On Mar 17, 2019
Truefaith:
Thanks to the person who posted this.

But the issue is a little deeper than the analysis presented here.

It is not African or Nigerian: it is human, world-wide.

One of the clearest tell-tale signs that a man is not born again is that he demands retribution on those that offend him.

The story in Matthew 18:21-35 makes this very plain.

For the benefit of those who are not familiar with the Bible here it is:

Until a man grasps the depth and gravity of the consequences of his own sins against God, he does not see the smallness of the sins of his fellowmen against him.

Everyone praying for the death or destruction of those that offend him HAS NOT KNOWN GOD

All so-called 'Churches' preaching such doctrines have no connections whatsoever to the Lord Jesus Christ.

https://www.thetruechristianfaith.com/2016/09/11/the-mountain-of-fire-and-miracles-the-sermon-from-the-serpent/

Right on point. Most Nigerians who claim to be Christians are not Christians but just confused Church goers.

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by harmless(m): 8:10am On Mar 17, 2019
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

It is sad to know that you will realise at one point in your life that you have real enemies and your ignorance will enable them to CRUSH you.
Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by bigcasava1(m): 8:13am On Mar 17, 2019
Satanic sermon trying to deceive many.
Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by v2: 8:14am On Mar 17, 2019
chiommy123:
Op I used to think like you until they opened my eyes. You don't know what they do with peoples destiny these days.

Let them be talking. Humans are wicked. You will be living your life peacefully and someone somewhere is making your success a personal project that you must not succeed and you say one shouldn't pray such dangerous prayers. Pray that the evil people, household enemies don't come for you, when they make your life miserable you will pray worse against them.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by Bizibi(m): 8:24am On Mar 17, 2019
I've experienced real evil,I've seen it with my eyes and yes,I believe in such prayers.it is only those that are ignorant that will hug their unrepentant enemy and continue praying good things fr them while they kill you slowly.there are human beings that have no soul,no conscience.

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by goodychet: 8:26am On Mar 17, 2019
CodeTemplar:
So what of the unrepentant ones? Strange doctrines.
What is strange again? The message is very clear.
Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by Reference(m): 8:26am On Mar 17, 2019
In Christ we do not have enemes. An enemy connotes a physical being but all things are created of God and we are admonished not to destroy the works of God's hands. In Christ however we do have adversities and an Adversary, which we are commanded to fight, to battle in the spirit by faith, by knowledge so that we may have free access to the things of God.

Today due to the widespread lack of faith and the paucity of knowledge in the modern church the saints have done all to humanoid what is essentially, purely a spiritual matter.
Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by Cabble4(m): 8:32am On Mar 17, 2019
Ops. Your post is quite heartwarming, but I must tell you. I can't believe what I read from what I have experienced OK. I had an experience in my village. In a season, dead of youths was happening every 2 weeks. In the heart of raining season, rain didn't fall, but it does so in our neighboring village. I thank God for one Pentecostal church. The intercessor group went into 3days dry fasting and in the last night of it, they went round the village and pray at strategic places. Three days after, 5 old men died same day and same time. Immediately they died, the weather went crazy. It rained that day like mad. The dead of youth seized.
So, if you want to give the devil upper hand go ahead. Na you go suffer am.

3 Likes

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by olatechnician(m): 8:34am On Mar 17, 2019
johnmattew:
the biggest Reason why I stopped going to church...and prosperity gospel too.nigerian doctrines make one look like a dumb illiterate

they have forgotten that we are our biggest Enemies,not our village people,friend or families.....it's really sad that RCCG is part of the 'our enemies must die' doctrine.they gave successfully mixed Africanism with Christianity..I really respect the likes of TB Joshua that will never preach this kind of Nigerian Christianity doctrines

same here bro......i stop going to church bcus i dont knw wat to bliv again......so many tins are really wrong wit d doctrine and d church entirely

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by Unconquerable: 8:39am On Mar 17, 2019
Iammelvin:
It's my birthday. Show some love people grin
Happy Birthday.
Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by Willie2015: 8:39am On Mar 17, 2019
johnmattew:
the biggest Reason why I stopped going to church...and prosperity gospel too.nigerian doctrines make one look like a dumb illiterate

they have forgotten that we are our biggest Enemies,not our village people,friend or families.....it's really sad that RCCG is part of the 'our enemies must die' doctrine.they gave successfully mixed Africanism with Christianity..I really respect the likes of TB Joshua that will never preach this kind of Nigerian Christianity doctrines

Pls learn to read your bible....

Joseph was betrayed by his brothers...
Absalom planned to take David Kingdom..
Judas betrayed Jesus with a kiss...

A man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’ Matt 10.6
Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by Unconquerable: 8:43am On Mar 17, 2019
Very apt. If anyone should kill their enemy it was David, when King Saul was at His mercy. David left him to God’s judgment: no enemy could stop David from becoming the King God ordained him to be. God himself dealt with Saul and He said; Vengeance is Mine.

3 Likes

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 17, 2019
Story! it's this simple.....

If you want me DEAD,

you DON'T deserve to LIVE!

#FACT!
Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by Reference(m): 8:58am On Mar 17, 2019
v2:

Let them be talking. Humans are wicked. You will be living your life peacefully and someone somewhere is making your success a personal project that you must not succeed and you say one shouldn't pray such dangerous prayers. Pray that the evil people, household enemies don't come for you, when they make your life miserable you will pray worse against them.

This is an example of what I am saying.

The Righteous believer knows who his antagonist is and how he should be handled because he understands the Word which makes it clear. '...your adversary, the Devil... 1Peter 5:8.

The Righteous believer knows how to handle his antagonist the Devil because he understands the Word which makes it clear. '...resist him by STANDING in the faith... 1Peter 5:9.

The Righteous believer know how to avoid getting into a position of endless battles against the Devil his adversary because he understands the Word which makes it clear '.... be sober and vigilant.... 1 Peter 5:8 or in plain english it means to be 'clear headed' and 'attentive'.

Now, the last person who will be clear headed is one who is confused by smoke and mirrors, by deception and simulation. The last person who will be clear headed is one who the Devil has distracted to think he has multiple enemies instead of just ONE ADVERSARY, he himself.

When I was in the military one of the basic lessons of Infantry Field Craft was deception. A section or platoon engaging the enemy must do everything to ensure it appears bigger, more numerous and have superior fire power than it actually has while remaining invidible, well camouflaged in reality. Appearance deception, noise deception, etc was standard military doctrine and training. The purpose is to distract, degrade and demoralise the enemy into putting up confused, random and insignificant resistance. To maje them talk and worry, fret and flee instead of fight.

If the Devil can convince you of some perceived enemy out there and makes you believe they are numerous, powerful and a threat to your life he will have succeeded in occupying your thought process and rendering you unable to engage he himself. An army that has no intelligence unit to know the strengths and weaknesses, the capacity and capability of its adversary is bound to be defeated.

Know your Bible by yourself. Stop listening to your prophet or ignorant pastor who tells you you have multiple, unknown, random enemies out there. There is only ONE ENEMY and you know him. Go after him. If you are fighting an unknown entity you will waste your ammunition and tire out.

Christianity is a knowledge based religion. Nothing is ultimately hidden to those who will study and understand. Stop being deceived. No humanoid is your enemy in Christ.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by awesomeDave: 9:00am On Mar 17, 2019
[quote author=Richdad50 post=76725646]shocked

Follow this Writer at your own risk. Every man knows his battle and the weight of his burden. He who enters a battlefield with smiles and laughter should never complain of the seriousness of his enemies. No one enters a battle with the intention to give a speech, it is a place of weapons and deadly confrontation. It is either you stop them or they stop you.

Many believers have been cut short in life, returning back to God without the fulfillment of their purpose because they slipped before their enemies. You must understand the mindset of an enemy and know that your enemy does not wish to sit on a peace table with you neither does he want to wait and see the manifestation of your purpose. He is not patient and his aim is to destroy you.

Don't allow this modern warfare preachers decieve you with their mushroom approach to spiritual warfare. Don't be overly focused on the potential of your enemies but on your own powerful strike abilities. With that, you will live a normal and friendly life with people in the open but a dangerous man of prayer in the secret.

you nailed it Sir. you are inspired

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by paito: 9:03am On Mar 17, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

Follow this Writer at your own risk. Every man knows his battle and the weight of his burden. He who enters a battlefield with smiles and laughter should never complain of the seriousness of his enemies. No one enters a battle with the intention to give a speech, it is a place of weapons and deadly confrontation. It is either you stop them or they stop you.

Many believers have been cut short in life, returning back to God without the fulfillment of their purpose because they slipped before their enemies. You must understand the mindset of an enemy and know that your enemy does not wish to sit on a peace table with you neither does he want to wait and see the manifestation of your purpose. He is not patient and his aim is to destroy you.

Don't allow this modern warfare preachers decieve you with their mushroom approach to spiritual warfare. Don't be overly focused on the potential of your enemies but on your own powerful strike abilities. With that, you will live a normal and friendly life with people in the open but a dangerous man of prayer in the secret.

Richdad
Flesh and blood does not reveal this to you
Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by paito: 9:06am On Mar 17, 2019
olatechnician:

same here bro......i stop going to church bcus i dont knw wat to bliv again......so many tins are really wrong wit d doctrine and d church entirely
You are already in their net captured awaiting judgment.
Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by Ubdavis(m): 9:13am On Mar 17, 2019
But come to think of it. All this enemy die ! Enemy !!! , do they really die??.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by willyjacs(m): 9:18am On Mar 17, 2019
Let some people understand this.

U are called christains because u are followers of Christ; living in his life and obeying his teachings.

Jesus clearly said "Love ur enemies, pray for those who despise u.... Don't pay back evil for evil.
In Matthews,he clearly taught us how to pray(The lord's prayer)

Now God is not stupid. Because he said pray for and love ur enemies doesn't mean he's going to watch them destroy u.
Love is kind but love is also a weapon... You praying for whosoever is planning evil torwards u will only bring God's protection over u.... He'll protect u some way .

As for praying for demons to fall nd die....that one na just waste of energy.

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by Abyima(m): 9:21am On Mar 17, 2019
Some persons are enemies of themselves. The only enemy we have is the devil.
Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by Goddybaba221(m): 9:22am On Mar 17, 2019
Its so interesting to know this thanks much

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by whitebeard(m): 9:29am On Mar 17, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

Richdad
I guess the saying we are not perfect is true...this is the first time i am seeing u spilling trash..!!

Use common sense, it never hurts..!!

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by whitebeard(m): 9:32am On Mar 17, 2019
Cabble4:
Ops. Your post is quite heartwarming, but I must tell you. I can't believe what I read from what I have experienced OK. I had an experience in my village. In a season, dead of youths was happening every 2 weeks. In the heart of raining season, rain didn't fall, but it does so in our neighboring village. I thank God for one Pentecostal church. The intercessor group went into 3days dry fasting and in the last night of it, they went round the village and pray at strategic places. Three days after, 5 old men died same day and same time. Immediately they died, the weather went crazy. It rained that day like mad. The dead of youth seized.
So, if you want to give the devil upper hand go ahead. Na you go suffer am.
so who fought the battle GOD or the intercessor group..! What the OP said or what the bible said..!

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by lenghtinny(m): 9:49am On Mar 17, 2019
Nonsense doctrine.....

You don't play calm with a violent opposition.... Someone is out to destroy you and you claim it's not right for you to attack when attack is the best form of defense...

Kill them before they kill you fam.... If not that Murder is a criminal offense, there are some people whom I wouldn't mind blasting their head off with a shotgun at close range angry

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by Adakintroy: 10:11am On Mar 17, 2019
Simply put many have not yet accept christ (forgiveness love peace ). Even though they are in church. hence they live withing the realm of the old nature. "The soul that sinneth shall die"...or "the wages of sin is death".
Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by tunjijones(m): 10:11am On Mar 17, 2019
chiommy123:
my dear I don't own you any explanation how I make my prayers but I know my destiny is too hot for principalities and powers in whatever form or shape

Will u Sharap? Is buhari not the enemy of most Nigerians especially the Christians. And they have being praying for him to die. How come he is still Hale and strong. He even won the just concluded election.

How come our politicians don't die after we pray for their death. How come year in year out we pray for our enemies to dies and our lives don't even change.

Jst Sharap ur stupidity is becoming annoying

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by Boijay(m): 10:13am On Mar 17, 2019
unstoppable51:
From FeedMeJesus.com

A common practice in so many Nigerian and African churches in general, is the prayer of “my enemies fall and die!”

In case you are not familiar with this sort of prayer probably because you are reading this from outside the continent, “fall and die” prayers actually has to do with the “sending of Holy Ghost fire, earthquakes, thunder, rainfall etc to kill and destroy one’s enemies (mostly witches and wizards) and evil spirits.”

The prayer is often targeted at “wicked” uncles, aunts, neighbours, colleagues, mothers, fathers, herbalists, old men and women in villages who does not take pleasure in seeing other people succeed in life.

Sometimes it is also targeted at politicians, leaders and even business people who oppose the spread of the Gospel and “exchange people’s destinies” for money.

This type of prayer is seriously backed up with the belief that there are people who must die before you can ever be successful in life and so you need to pray for this to happen as soon as possible with all your strength. Like a wounded Lion, you must be very violent when praying these fall and die prayers.

The shocking thing is, the two most popular scriptures proponents of such prayers always put their feet on has little or nothing to do with their usage today. The first is Matt.11:12.

(Mat 11:12) And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

Is this verse asking you to be violent in prayer and take your destiny by force? Well to understand what it is saying, let us read it from another translation.

From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing, and forceful men lay hold of it. Matt.11:12 NIV

The verse is simply saying from the time John the Baptist started preaching the kingdom of God has been forcefully advancing on the earth as men has by faith been taking hold of it. It has nothing to do with prayers, let alone violent ones.

The other scripture used to promote these “fall and die” prayers is the passage that describes how Elijah killed King Ahaziah’s soldiers by commanding physical fire to come out from nowhere and consume them.

(2Ki 1:9) Then the king sent to him a captain of fifty with his fifty men; and he went up to him where he was seated on the top of a hill, and said to him, O man of God, the king has said, Come down.

(2Ki 1:10) And Elijah in answer said to the captain of fifty, If I am a man of God, may fire come down from heaven on you and on your fifty men, and put an end to you. Then fire came down from heaven and put an end to him and his fifty men.

(2Ki 1:11) Then the king sent another captain of fifty with his fifty men; and he said to Elijah, O man of God, the king says, Come down quickly.

(2Ki 1:12) And Elijah in answer said, If I am a man of God, may fire come down from heaven on you and on your fifty men, and put an end to you. And the fire of God came down from heaven, and put an end to him and his fifty men.

What most people do not know is that although fire actually appeared and destroyed those soldiers, it wasn’t God’s best. God was never pleased with it. He is never pleased with the death of the wicked.

(Eze 18:23) Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?

(Eze 18:32) For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

Under the dispensation that Elijah lived in, the knowledge of God and His modules operandi was very very limited. So folks in those days said and did things according to their level of knowledge that were contrary to what God would have them do.

This was part of the reason God became flesh in His Son Jesus to give us a perfect representation of His true nature, will and character. Ending an era of attributing evil, death and destruction to Him. This is so clear in that in the face of the strongest opposition Jesus never killed but healed and restored life to His enemies.

(Heb 1:1) God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

(Heb 1:2) Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

(Heb 1:3) Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

So in Christ’s dealing with man, we see the true nature of God. In His words, Jesus puts it this way.

(Joh 10:10) The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Just a little while after those words, He set out with His disciples to Jerusalem for a preaching engagement and the Samaritans would not allow Him pass through their city because they were not at peace with the Jews.

When His disciple saw what was happening, they got so upset they wanted to call down fire to consume the Samaritans who were their enemies and enemies of the Gospel at that moment. But what did Jesus do? Let’s see it together from the scriptures.

(Luk 9:51) And it came to pass, when the time was come that he should be received up, he stedfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem,

(Luk 9:52) And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him.

(Luk 9:53) And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.

(Luk 9:54) And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?

(Luk 9:55) But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.

(Luk 9:56) For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

Verse 55 said Jesus REBUKED them for even having that thought alone. The word “rebuked” in that verse is not like when you softly tell your son, “Son don’t do this again.” No, it’s a very strong word. It is used almost the same way it is used to say Jesus rebuked demons. Very strongly.

He was very serious about them not imitating Elijah in this manner at all. And in verse 56 we see His reasons clearly.

(Luk 9:56) For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them….

In praying for those in authority and for all men in general, Paul gives us a guideline.

(1Ti 2:1) I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

(1Ti 2:2) For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

(1Ti 2:3) For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

(1Ti 2:4) Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

God would have all men (including your village people. LOL) to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the Truth. He doesn’t want anyone perishing.

Some say it is not the human beings they are praying to die but the evil spirits behind their wickedness. Like seriously? Spirits don’t die! Even if they do, it is not within your authority biblically to kill them. Only God can and that’s why He made Hell, their place of eternal death.

The Bible said believers should cast them out, not kill them in the name of Jesus.

(Mar 16:17) And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Be humble and remain within the confines of the scriptures and stop making Christianity look like a joke with those extra Biblical practices or those not permitted for the man in Christ today.

I hope this blesses you.

Glory to God!

Source: https://www.feedmejesus.com/2019/03/fall-and-die-prayers.html

The word Christian entails more than Just going to church.. It truly means means we are Christ like, and if we are Christ like then we ought to act in same manners Christ acted while he was on earth.

When he was on earth he suffered the same sufferings we currently suffer, so as to be perfect examples to us..

How have you been hurt that Jesus was not while on earth. To the point that when he was crucified he still had the heart to pray for the people killing him, saying father forgive them for they know not what they are doing..

If the fall down and die prayer was an effective prayer, when Jesus met people who were with evil spirit he would have just made use of the prayer.. But this was so, because he understood what the absence of the spirit of God could do to individuals.

A witch most times don't know what he/she is doing, that is why you discover that they end up bewitching people close to them..

Until we are able to discern what we wrestle against we will still keep getting it wrong.. The bible say we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities in high place..

Rather than destroy such individuals, pray that the spirit possessing them leave them.
If your fear is the damage the wreck on you why not pray for God's protection over your life..

Anytime you pray the Lord's prayer, you say forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. This means, you will only be forgiven when you forgive people who wrong you..

The early apostles understood this and that was why even when they thrown into hot oil or crucified or stone never laid curse on their persecutors.

When asked, which was the greatest commandment, He said it was the love of God and of Neighbour.. All other commandment centres on these commandments .
[color=#006600][/color] let love lead ....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Baptist Convention Paid Bandits N250m To Release Abducted Bethel Student / Should Students Be Paying Tithes. / Deliverance Works When Everything Else Fails - My Personal Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.