Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Court Stops INEC From Collating Bauchi Governorship Election Results - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Stops INEC From Collating Bauchi Governorship Election Results (18242 Views)

Bala Mohammed Wins Bauchi Governorship Election / APC Rejects Inec’s Decision On Bauchi Governorship Election / INEC Declares Bauchi Governorship Election Inconclusive - TVC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Stops INEC From Collating Bauchi Governorship Election Results by Cherrybae(f): 12:42pm On Mar 19, 2019
God bless our judiciary the last hope of the common man.

Even if I'm attached with INEC, the decision to resume collation of the Tafawa Belewa LGA is illegal

The Bauchi REC and the investigation committee should be proved. I suspect they were bribed

Rerun is due for the LGA considering all that transpired that led to the cancellation.

Nigerians should learn to stand for truth irrespective of party affiliation.

Justice must be upheld.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops INEC From Collating Bauchi Governorship Election Results by cursedAbiola(f): 12:42pm On Mar 19, 2019
dockokwus:
Criminal presidency.
President of Almajiris and overseer of one of the worst elections Nigeria has ever had since 1914.
I like people like Buhari because he is being set up to manifest God's work because the signs are obvious that judgement day is at hand for him as long as God sits on d throne.
kiss
Re: Court Stops INEC From Collating Bauchi Governorship Election Results by cursedAbiola(f): 12:43pm On Mar 19, 2019
[s]
Cherrybae:

Even if I'm attached with INEC, the decision to resume collation of the Tafawa Belewa LGA is illegal

The Bauchi REC and the investigation committee should be proved. I suspect they were bribed

Rerun is due for the LGA considering all that transpired that led to the cancellation.

Justice must be upheld.
[/s]
shatap there and get out
see who's talking

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Stops INEC From Collating Bauchi Governorship Election Results by senatordave1(m): 12:45pm On Mar 19, 2019
Indispensable85:
INEC keeps making very cheap mistakes. The law is clear,once a result is declared it's only the courts that can alter it in anyway.Since the returning officer has declared the results already,INEC would've just gone ahead to conduct the rerun instead of trying to reverse itself unconstitutionally. Although I don't like the Bauchi governor for obvious non performance, i think he has a very good case here.
You are right,you are always on point though you are pro apc.the governor may be incompetent but he has a strong case.inec should be consistent in their interpretations of their rules.if they are reversing the decision of the returning officer,they should also reverse that of imo who wrongly declared ihedioha as governor
Re: Court Stops INEC From Collating Bauchi Governorship Election Results by senatordave1(m): 12:46pm On Mar 19, 2019
Cherrybae:

Justice must be upheld.
The rec and collation officer did the right thing.the fault is from inec that wrongly cancelled the supplementary polls
Re: Court Stops INEC From Collating Bauchi Governorship Election Results by senatordave1(m): 12:47pm On Mar 19, 2019
NORSIYK:
kangaroo order
Ihedioha victory is kangaroo.so a federal court is now kangaroo? I see it convicting you one day
Re: Court Stops INEC From Collating Bauchi Governorship Election Results by senatordave1(m): 12:48pm On Mar 19, 2019
Ogbuefienubiaka:
INEC will not obey such useless order. If they do, then any one losing will just get an injuction to stop elections
The federal court has jurisdiction over inec.inec abused the law tgerefore they must obey
Re: Court Stops INEC From Collating Bauchi Governorship Election Results by kelvinginzie: 12:49pm On Mar 19, 2019
senatordave1:

The rec and collation officer did the right thing.the fault is from inec that wrongly cancelled the supplementary polls
The rec is the one at fault,inec investigated it and decided to do the right thing

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Stops INEC From Collating Bauchi Governorship Election Results by senatordave1(m): 12:49pm On Mar 19, 2019
ajayiopy:

THIS IS TOTAL WASTE OF TIME AND RESOURCES. THAT LGA IS FOR PDP
A rerun will prove that or not
Re: Court Stops INEC From Collating Bauchi Governorship Election Results by Babacele: 12:49pm On Mar 19, 2019
Cherrybae:

Justice must be upheld.
Bala Muhammed would never rule Bauchi. Take it to the bank. Waiting for HE, Eng Awara to be declared.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops INEC From Collating Bauchi Governorship Election Results by senatordave1(m): 12:50pm On Mar 19, 2019
kelvinginzie:
The rec is the one at fault,inec investigated it and decided to do the right thing
Apc said they were not invited to the investigation in which pdp was there.the law states that once a returning officer makes a declaration,only a court can reverse it not inec abuja
Re: Court Stops INEC From Collating Bauchi Governorship Election Results by senatordave1(m): 12:52pm On Mar 19, 2019
kelvinginzie:
INEC should disregard this court order
Oh so you are this dumb? You didnt even bother to read and see that its a federal high court before talking trash
Re: Court Stops INEC From Collating Bauchi Governorship Election Results by AngelicBeing: 12:52pm On Mar 19, 2019
BruncleZuma:
undecided undecided undecided undecided

What else is new today?

[img]https://i./MhX9.gif[/img]
tongue
Re: Court Stops INEC From Collating Bauchi Governorship Election Results by senatordave1(m): 12:53pm On Mar 19, 2019
ProudBoy:
This nonsense of obtaining court orders restraining INEC to declare results is becoming increasingly annoying. Politicians are just abusing court process.
The law allows it afterall inecbis giving room for it from their numerous errors
Re: Court Stops INEC From Collating Bauchi Governorship Election Results by senatordave1(m): 12:54pm On Mar 19, 2019
aolawale025:
I don't think a court can stop the election process
A court that had jurisdiction can especially when inec is progressing in error or disregards the law.
Re: Court Stops INEC From Collating Bauchi Governorship Election Results by kelvinginzie: 12:59pm On Mar 19, 2019
senatordave1:

Oh so you are this dumb? You didnt even bother to read and see that its a federal high court before talking trash
Let see what INEC will do,a court cannot stop an election process.Inec is in charge of elections,and they decided to complete the election collation process after investigation
Re: Court Stops INEC From Collating Bauchi Governorship Election Results by exlink10(m): 1:04pm On Mar 19, 2019
senatordave1:

You are right,you are always on point though you are pro apc.the governor may be incompetent but he has a strong case.inec should be consistent in their interpretations of their rules.if they are reversing the decision of the returning officer,they should also reverse that of imo who wrongly declared ihedioha as governor

You were making good points until you said Ihedioha was wrongly declared winner in Imo State

Are you high?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Stops INEC From Collating Bauchi Governorship Election Results by saintchibu(m): 1:07pm On Mar 19, 2019
Islie:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/03/19/court-stops-inec-from-collating-bauchi-guber-election-results/amp/

This is absolute falsehood. What the Judge said is that status quo should be maintained. He never granted the Ex-parte application as reported in this report.
Re: Court Stops INEC From Collating Bauchi Governorship Election Results by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:13pm On Mar 19, 2019
Cherrybae:

Justice must be upheld.
did u watch when anosike said d results in d tafawa is valid it was only paper tin...similar tin happen in presidential elections wer d results was valid but d paper was stolen all dat was done was recollation and results was announced...yy is d bauchi goveno fidgetin he has lost and shd prepare his case for tribunal...all dis ex parte order was started by d president.. nonsense...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Stops INEC From Collating Bauchi Governorship Election Results by Texco10(m): 1:21pm On Mar 19, 2019
Most of you guys are not saying the truth as it is. Once an election commences, it's only an election tribunal that has power on INEC. A court of law can't stop INEC from exercising it's constitutional responsibilities. This same mistake done by the collation officer was also done in same Bauchi state during Presidential election and it was gladly accepted by the INEC returning officer. So why are they crying now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Stops INEC From Collating Bauchi Governorship Election Results by Parada: 1:26pm On Mar 19, 2019
That is Atiku for u
richidinho:
mtcheeew

APC and desperation is like 5 & 6

You can never see them call to congratulate an opposition candidate even if the result is so clear, just like in Enugu state where PDP scored 440,000 as against APC's 10,000

The APC guy insisted he was rigged out
Re: Court Stops INEC From Collating Bauchi Governorship Election Results by senatordave1(m): 1:51pm On Mar 19, 2019
kelvinginzie:
Let see what INEC will do,a court cannot stop an election process.Inec is in charge of elections,and they decided to complete the election collation process after investigation
You are getting it wrong.no court is stopping inec from conducting polls,it is even encouraging inec to conduct polls.inec schedule rerun in bauchi this Saturday but cancelled it illegally and wants to use the illegal results it originally rejected.therefore,the court is saying that inec must go back to its earlier decision which is the right one legally
Re: Court Stops INEC From Collating Bauchi Governorship Election Results by senatordave1(m): 1:52pm On Mar 19, 2019
Parada:
That’s is Atiku for u
Thank you for the clap back
Re: Court Stops INEC From Collating Bauchi Governorship Election Results by Cherrybae(f): 2:11pm On Mar 19, 2019
senatordave1:

I agree with you, since it was cancelled it's illegal for the INEC to collate the results.

What INEC would have done was to suspend the results, that way it would have been legal collating the result again and announcing it.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops INEC From Collating Bauchi Governorship Election Results by Cherrybae(f): 2:13pm On Mar 19, 2019
cursedAbiola:
[s][/s]
shatap there and get out
see who's talking

Is this all you can comment, you are a stalk illiterate only here to insult people.

Why not say something to counter me.
Bloody civilian

1 Like

Re: Court Stops INEC From Collating Bauchi Governorship Election Results by justy15: 2:17pm On Mar 19, 2019
The court cannot stop Inec from delivering on their constitutional responsibilities and therefore such order could be disregarded
Re: Court Stops INEC From Collating Bauchi Governorship Election Results by senatordave1(m): 2:19pm On Mar 19, 2019
Cherrybae:

I agree with you, since it was cancelled it's illegal for the INEC to collate the results.

What INEC would have done was to suspend the results, that way it would have been legal collating the result again and announcing it.
No,the state returnining officer outrightly canceled results from tafawa lg.there was no basis for any suspension.they should have done a rerun as earlier planned.violence from one or two lgas cant make you suspend the whole state polls.in rivers,almost the entire state was involved and there was no cancellation from any lg
Re: Court Stops INEC From Collating Bauchi Governorship Election Results by senatordave1(m): 2:22pm On Mar 19, 2019
justy15:
The court cannot stop Inec from delivering on their constitutional responsibilities and therefore such order could be disregarded
The court is helping inec to perform its constitutional duties
Re: Court Stops INEC From Collating Bauchi Governorship Election Results by ckc(m): 2:26pm On Mar 19, 2019
exlink10:

You were making good points until you said Ihedioha was wrongly declared winner in Imo State

Are you high?
Leave the f**l that has refused to move on Ihedioha's victory. Disturbing everybody. What he and his paymasters are still waiting for in removing Ihedioha I don't know.
Re: Court Stops INEC From Collating Bauchi Governorship Election Results by Cherrybae(f): 2:26pm On Mar 19, 2019
senatordave1:

No,the state returnining officer outrightly canceled results from tafawa lg.there was no basis for any suspension.they should have done a rerun as earlier planned.violence from one or two lgas cant make you suspend the whole state polls.in rivers,almost the entire state was involved and there was no cancellation from any lg

I agree with you again sir. Have a pleasant day ahead

1 Like

Re: Court Stops INEC From Collating Bauchi Governorship Election Results by senatordave1(m): 2:29pm On Mar 19, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
did u watch when anosike said d results in d tafawa is valid it was only paper tin...similar tin happen in presidential elections wer d results was valid but d paper was stolen all dat was done was recollation and results was announced...yy is d bauchi goveno fidgetin he has lost and shd prepare his case for tribunal...all dis ex parte order was started by d president.. nonsense...
The ex parte has been part of our legal process,ignorant people like you who believe politics started recently wont know.atiku actually started the ex parte motion in this election cycle.the collation officer contradicted herself.while presenting the results,she said its valid but on the other hand claimed that there was violence,harassment,intimidation and rigging which actually marred the lg polls and therefore nullifies the said results.the law gives the returning officer the final power to declare or cancel results and he exercised his rights based on what transpired in the said lga.same scenario made the returning officer to cancel results of 4 lgas in rivers during the presidential polls.inec has no power to reverse the decision.please watch your careless comments
Re: Court Stops INEC From Collating Bauchi Governorship Election Results by senatordave1(m): 2:29pm On Mar 19, 2019
Cherrybae:

I agree with you again sir. Have a pleasant day ahead
Update me on rivers polls

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uyo Court Convicts Complainant For Misleading EFCC / Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions / 2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.