Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,903 members, 7,828,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) (74946 Views)

Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home / Senior Lawyer Wears Torn Gown And Wig To Court As Nigerians React. Photos / Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) by Lovelyn451(f): 5:30pm On Mar 20, 2019
What about it?
Re: Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) by Neoteny(m): 5:31pm On Mar 20, 2019
Nigerian lawyers are the most pretentious know-nothings. They dress like 17th century gays in the 21st century, complete with an old powdered wig from 1600s.

And they put on those ridiculous cloaks that are mostly faded.

And they call each other "luminary" and "learned colleague" and "Lords" and such nonsense, while speaking some disjointed Latin phrases that mean nothing to anyone else,

The real "learned" are the scientists, inventors, and dreamers changing the world, not some verbose cult of blood sucking vampires who defend the good with the bad.

I hate lawyers .... Nigerian lawyers.

6 Likes

Re: Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) by bugggg: 5:31pm On Mar 20, 2019
He rushed from his wedding to attend to a case he's Ben paid for.
Re: Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) by goaldynboy: 5:31pm On Mar 20, 2019
nanakgh:
Ah what's all the noise about? Lawyers can't wear blue suit in Nigeria?

It must be deep blue; not flashy blue as this!! undecided
Re: Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) by ElsonMorali: 5:31pm On Mar 20, 2019
What's with the choir robe and wig anyway?

Can't the profession just do away with this Shakespearean mode of dressing?

1 Like

Re: Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) by BiafraIsFree: 5:31pm On Mar 20, 2019
The zoo judiciary and officials had collapsed the day they insulted our Lord Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.

Re: Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) by Yankee101: 5:32pm On Mar 20, 2019
Naija is still in the 18th century

Lawyers across the world now wear regular clothing in court

1 Like

Re: Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) by midnighter(f): 5:33pm On Mar 20, 2019
I sometimes consider studying law..i wonder if i could do it. but i dont know if i actually want to do it or if i just like the pageantry. what difference does a blue suit make

i guess the judge will soon send him out. or maybe he has a good reason for wearing it

Modified: anyway we have an issue with discipline and sticking to rules in this country. At least if they can enforce this one, it would help. People saying "other countries allow you to wear xyz", has our fulfilment of the law reached their standard?

dataking:
The same wig is not an African fabric, it is imported and you can imagine how much they generate from the sales of that alone.

I think i read somewhere that they weave those wigs by hand in Akwa Ibom. It's one of their traditional hand-works along with mats and fans.

1 Like

Re: Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) by KingWarri: 5:34pm On Mar 20, 2019
dataking:
Idiots. What is wrong with what he wore. The only wrong thing I see is that white wig he his holding. Same wig the slave masters used to preside over his forefathers and wipe their yansh with koboko.

Must we always adopt everything from the white man.

The same wig is not an African fabric, it is imported and you can imagine how much they generate from the sales of that alone.

We only copy and copy in Africa. Don’t we have anything good in Africa that we can combine with some of theirs .

Must we always be brain dead like so many up there.
Bgagam!! bros na the bitter truth u talk so... ah dey pray for more Nigerians to start to think like u for our country to move forward...
Re: Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) by goaldynboy: 5:37pm On Mar 20, 2019
Neoteny:
[s]Nigerian lawyers are the most pretentious know-nothings. They dress like 17th century gays in the 21st century, complete with an old powdered wig from 1600s.

And they call each other "luminary" and "learned colleague" and "Lords" and such nonsense, while speaking some disjointed Latin phrases that mean nothing to anyone else,

The real "learned" are the scientists, inventors, and dreamers changing the world, not some verbose cult of blood sucking vampires who defend the good with the bad.

I hate lawyers .... Nigerian lawyers.[/s]

You are obviously a poor man! No rich man can do without a lawyer! By the time you start acquiring big properties and enter big businesses and partnership (if your mentality will ever allow you reach that level), you will start running after lawyers to prepare agreement for you!

By the way, all lawyers even in foreign climes dress certain/same way and use special terms! So it is not peculiar to Nigerian lawyers!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) by Customer80: 5:37pm On Mar 20, 2019
I see nothing wrong with the dressing
Re: Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) by BluntBoy(m): 5:37pm On Mar 20, 2019
JustCare:
Who detects what lawyers wear to law court?

The colonial masters who has moved on and usually puts on just their English attire (suit)

Let's have some dignity. I would even prefer he appears in our traditional attire.

Nonsense and wears angry

Traditional wear in a justice system styled after the colonialists? grin

You people are so funny. That is how some of you will be screaming English is not our language as if Christianity is your religion. grin

1 Like

Re: Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) by Slimsly100(f): 5:37pm On Mar 20, 2019
dicksonadams:
Nothing wrong with this

Everything is wrong with it. They(lawyer's) stick to black or grey suits for a reason(neutrality), now he's wearing coloured suit. What message is he passing across?
Anyway what do I know

1 Like

Re: Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) by Ttipsy(f): 5:41pm On Mar 20, 2019
Nigerians and stupidity. dress code is really a problem in Nigeria. is it that he doesn't know the proper dress for his job??
Also politician wearing traditional wears instead of being on suit, to an official duty. it's not callled for. there are appropriate and occasional time for different dress codes. its time we start getting things right

1 Like

Re: Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 20, 2019
1Sharon:
Chukwu okike mo!

Let me go and rick olange

Hahahahahaha.. I wan go Rick olange cheesy

1 Like

Re: Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) by BREYZ: 5:42pm On Mar 20, 2019
The moment they allowed lawyers and even law students wear navy blue suits and trousers, I knew it would get to this. The legal profession is no longer Noble in Nigeria.
Re: Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) by midnighter(f): 5:47pm On Mar 20, 2019
Neoteny:
Nigerian lawyers are the most pretentious know-nothings. They dress like 17th century gays in the 21st century, complete with an old powdered wig from 1600s.

I hate lawyers .... Nigerian lawyers.

Lol. Only some of them are pretentious. actually its that confidence that gives them strength to defend themselves in court. if they dont blow grammar like that, no case. try not to blame them
Re: Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) by GoodGodmykeeper(m): 5:47pm On Mar 20, 2019
Okay.

CHECK MY SIGNATURE.
Re: Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) by Almaiga: 5:48pm On Mar 20, 2019
Aba Lawyer. grin

Re: Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) by Slimguy0(m): 5:49pm On Mar 20, 2019
Lol I don't blame certain people with their Stereotype Mentality..
Shouldn't we be fighting for the abolishment of the stupid Wigs and Gowns lawyers wear?? Since when?? For how long?? How much longer shall we continue like this?? Dressing like the Middle aged colonial masters... This African Mentality some of y'all are carrying is really disgusting... Y'all want progress but don't wanna accept the changes that come with it !!! Black and white everyday and shit?!!! That outfit is freaking Boring, Annoying and Depressing trust me... But then I don't blame some of y'all, it's cos you people are not in the system or prolly y'all are some new wigs who just called a couple of years ago.... And before you quote me spewing trash, I'm a Lawyer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) by Almaiga: 5:51pm On Mar 20, 2019
Cherrybae:
This can only happen in the East, very backward people.

Even an Aboki they say is backward cannot dress like this to court.

God will not forgive Lugard for this dirty marriage with the East.

Spits

You are very correct, this statement shows that you are a Patriot and you love this Country.

Re: Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) by Slimguy0(m): 5:57pm On Mar 20, 2019
nanakgh:
Ah what's all the noise about? Lawyers can't wear blue suit in Nigeria?

My brother the Matter tire me OOOO!!!!! I don't understand people really... Honestly he Looks Good!!! He should even tear the Bib and replace it with a dope ass tie! Like the African Mentality these people complaining are carrying is really irritating TbH!
Wearing that thing to court everyday is tiring but I don't blame some of these guys, they're not in the system or maybe they're new so they don't get it .....and the old ones still have their brains Backdated... Tueh!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) by Banmeallday: 5:58pm On Mar 20, 2019
Africans shaaa, even judges wearing white wigs lol

1 Like

Re: Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) by BIXYBABE: 6:03pm On Mar 20, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) by Speedo17(m): 6:04pm On Mar 20, 2019
He certainly didn't wear this to Court. Take a good look behind him and see the other funny dresses abi costumes. I think its just some silly-mock parade
Re: Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 20, 2019
dingbang:
I dont know why lawyers in nigeria must wear gown.
Coupled with 18th century wig.

1 Like

Re: Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) by Generalnomercy: 6:13pm On Mar 20, 2019
Ttipsy:
Nigerians and stupidity. dress code is really a problem in Nigeria. is it that he doesn't know the proper dress for his job??
Also politician wearing traditional wears instead of being on suit, to an official duty. it's not callled for. there are appropriate and occasional time for different dress codes. its time we start getting things right

Will you settle for another man's traditional attire or yours?

1 Like

Re: Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) by dingbang(m): 6:38pm On Mar 20, 2019
Swtcherries:
Coupled with 18th century wig.
I dey tell you. Its just annoying, they look so dumb in it.

1 Like

Re: Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) by soke02(m): 6:43pm On Mar 20, 2019
Is any colour aside black is accepted in court room
Re: Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) by dataking: 6:46pm On Mar 20, 2019
Ttipsy:

You are a real inferior African with colo mentality. Spits.
Re: Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) by dataking: 6:48pm On Mar 20, 2019
Slimguy0:
Lol I don't blame certain people with their Stereotype Mentality..
Shouldn't we be fighting for the abolishment of the stupid Wigs and Gowns lawyers wear?? Since when?? For how long?? How much longer shall we continue like this?? Dressing like the Middle aged colonial masters... This African Mentality some of y'all are carrying is really disgusting... Y'all want progress but don't wanna accept the changes that come with it !!! Black and white everyday and shit?!!! That outfit is freaking Boring, Annoying and Depressing trust me... But then I don't blame some of y'all, it's cos you people are not in the system or prolly y'all are some new wigs who just called a couple of years ago.... And before you quote me spewing trash, I'm a Lawyer, I practice in 3 different countries including Nigeria so think twice before you say trash cos I'll come for you badly trust me...
You talk well but your threat sha. Who you wan sue?
Re: Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) by dataking: 6:49pm On Mar 20, 2019
BREYZ:
The moment they allowed lawyers and even law students wear navy blue suits and trousers, I knew it would get to this. The legal profession is no longer Noble in Nigeria.

Just listen this one. Educated illiterate

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. / I Caught My Boss Pants Down With The Organization's Secretary / Best Banks To Work In Nigeria: List Of Highest Paying Banks - FinancialWatchNgr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.