Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,014 members, 7,828,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

My Mother In Law Attitude - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother In Law Attitude (1925 Views)

Pablo Classic Fasaki's Mother, Bola Fasaki. Is She The Youngest Mother-In-Law? / Man Impregnates His Mother-In-Law In Nasarawa (Photo) / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mother In Law Attitude by Ralaji: 1:15pm On Mar 21, 2019
Good day great minds in the house seriously need your advice on how to relate with this woman.

Her daughter who I helped secure a job showed me hell while I lost my job last year thank God just get one now.
She was so wicked and heatless that she was processing Canada visa with all her money at the expense of home front. She took other men as confidants and hardly tell me anything about her plan but sensing she got stuck recently after spending close to 300k on it.
I spied on some chats she was having with other men, saw some eatery settings pictures on her phone, once saw blue film on her phone too which I guess was sent by one of her boyfriend and whenever I tried to confront her she will turn it to real wahala and begin to shout on top of her voice to the extent that the whole compound already know that I'm jobless that she's trying to assist in catering for home front.

On one Sunday morning we were praying and j discovered my wife was pressing phone through out the period and I tried to scold her but she turn it to another shouting maych with all her usual bashing like you are jobless and feeding you etc that j have to live the house for her that day. Went to my mum she was surprised when she saw me cos I never told her I was coming and I explained everything to her and my mum called her mum after seeking my permission but the woman was trying making excuses for her daughter as usual when my mum was telling her that for 4 years that her daughter did not work I did not disturb her.
I call this woman like 2 days after that incidence but rejected my call guess she was angry that I told my mum about her daughter excesses.

Though feel so uncomfortable staying close to her she always complaining that I don't use to come to thier house, her daughter is always fond of going to their house to report me whenever there is any issue don't know may be because she is the last born.

My pastor told me something not to good about this woman sometimes ago and even told me that If we had known before I married her he wouldn't have let us get married he said she slowing me down I have heard 2 vision from men of God about Being careful with tbuer house and from the look of things this woman 5 children are just struggling with life which somehow give credence to what my pastor says.

She saw a chat on my phone like 2 weeks ago where I exchanged message with a lady I met on this forum I tried to make enquiry about their forum which is for single parent she was mad when she saw it and said I want to betray her she ran to her house as usual to blaspheme me for her people she went to report me to my mum and she called my sister who have not told anything before j had no choice but to tell her everything she has been subjecting me to.

In one of the day of her wahala I tried to call her sister who seems to be reasoning well with me about her stubbornness though she is also staying with their parents, she just came qnd hit me on my neck and smashed my phone on the floor but all through those turbulent time I did not raise my hand against her.

She came home yesterday to tell me her mum is not feeling fine just tried to call her today to ask after her health but she rejected my call again and this is the second time this woman will be rejecting my call.

My daughter stays in their house because her school is around their though planning to change her school soon she believes because of this I should be calling her to thank her every time.

Please house how do I handle this woman?
Re: My Mother In Law Attitude by confidant: 1:31pm On Mar 21, 2019
You have said too much about your wife and little about your mother in law. Your mother doesn't stay with you. The Issues you've got starts from your house. Concentrate on changing the narrative in your home. This is very important. Can two work together without a compromise?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mother In Law Attitude by eyinjuege: 1:58pm On Mar 21, 2019
If she's rejecting your calls, she's probably blocked your number. Visit your daughter regularly there, and change schools as soon as possible.
Avoid conflicts and concentrate on building yourself and future.

2 Likes

Re: My Mother In Law Attitude by crackhaus: 3:46pm On Mar 21, 2019
It's your wife with the character issues here, not her mother, although going by how her mother also acts, you can see the apple didn't fall too far from the tree.

Sorry about your predicament. You're like a soldier that was dropped in enemy territory, surrounded on all sides by unfriendly fire.
You can either surrender and become a prisoner of war, or you can maneuver your way and outsmart the enemy at every turn by making them come to you and play by your rules.

Do not engage the enemy directly, I repeat, DO NOT engage the enemy directly. You can never win a woman (your wife) in a shouting match or in direct confrontation, they are built for that. What they are not built for is mental warfare.

Be unpredictable, run circles around her, change your routine and keep changing it every week, be fluid - act like you don't care about anything she does, then one day, act like you do, then go back to acting like you don't care again. Kiss her goodbye on her lips for three straight days and genuinely hold her affectionately while you do it, then for the next one week after that, don't even bother hugging her.
Your wife will definitely go about her normal routine of reporting everything to her mom, except this time, she will also be reporting your change of routine and how unpredictable you've become. This will also put her mother on edge cos she too won't know how to relate with you anymore, she will want to be more careful. If your wife tries to start a fight, and she will, cos she is trying to gain some control, please keep her quiet and smile. Don't quarrel, don't exchange words, don't even leave the house. Stay in that house, stay in the same room and just keep acting like no one is talking. When she's done, tell her to come closer and kiss her deeply. In fact, make love to her but make sure you cum quickly, she must not cum. Finish quickly and leave her hanging, go to bed or go do something else. Don't even cuddle afterwards, that's her punishment and she will understand it.

About your daughter, don't change her school yet, if staying at your mother-in-laws' reduces the financial burden, then please leave her there at least for now. Any move you make on your daughter now will be seen as retaliation, it shows they are getting to you. In mental warfare, the enemy must never realize they are getting to you. If your MIL wants to be thanked, then by all means, thank her and visit her (actually its your daughter you're visiting, but tell her she's the one you came to see).
Do that until the day you're ready to take your daughter out of there and when that day comes, do it suddenly - just go there, pick her up and leave, she's your daughter.

Your mother-in-law's attitude to you is based SOLELY on how your wife talks about you with her.
Your wife is your primary target, not her mother.

Cheers...

16 Likes

Re: My Mother In Law Attitude by Ralaji: 3:54pm On Mar 21, 2019
crackhaus:
It's your wife with the character issues here, not her mother, although going by how her mother also acts, you can see the apple didn't fall too far from the tree.

Sorry about your predicament. You're like a soldier that was dropped in enemy territory, surrounded on all sides by unfriendly fire.
You can either surrender and become a prisoner of war, or you can maneuver your way and outsmart the enemy at every turn by making them come to you and play by your rules.

Do not engage the enemy directly, I repeat, DO NOT engage the enemy directly. You can never win a woman (your wife) in a shouting match or in direct confrontation, they are built for that. What they are not built for is mental warfare.

Be unpredictable, run circles around her, change your routine and keep changing it every week, be fluid - act like you don't care about anything she does, then one day, act like you do, then go back to acting like you don't care again. Kiss her goodbye on her lips for three straight days and genuinely hold her affectionately while you do it, then for the next one week after that, don't even bother hugging her.
Your wife will definitely go about her normal routine of reporting everything to her mom, except this time, she will also be reporting your change of routine and how unpredictable you've become. This will also put her mother on edge cos she too won't know how to relate with you anymore, she will want to be more careful. If your wife tries to start a fight, and she will, cos she is trying to gain some control, please keep her quiet and smile. Don't quarrel, don't exchange words, don't even leave the house. Stay in that house, stay in the same room and just keep acting like no one is talking. When she's done, tell her to come closer and kiss her deeply. In fact, make love to her but make sure you cum quickly, she must not cum. Finish quickly and leave her hanging, go to bed or go do something else. Don't even cuddle afterwards, that's her punishment and she will understand it.

About your daughter, don't change her school yet, if staying at your mother-in-laws' reduces the financial burden, then please leave her there at least for now. Any move you make on your daughter now will be seen as retaliation, it shows they are getting to you. In mental warfare, the enemy must never realize they are getting to you. If your MIL wants to be thanked, then by all means, thank her and visit her (actually its your daughter you're visiting, but tell her she's the one you came to see).
Do that until the day you're ready to take your daughter out of there and when that day comes, do it suddenly - just go there, pick her up and leave, she's your daughter.

Your mother-in-law's attitude to you is based SOLELY on how your wife talks about you with her.

Cheers...

Thanks bro. God bless.
Re: My Mother In Law Attitude by cococandy(f): 3:56pm On Mar 21, 2019
Not everyone has to be married.
Was she processing Canada visa for herself alone or for all of you?
If she was doing it just for herself, then you don’t have a wife.
And if she’s hitting you, that additional issue on it’s own.

5 Likes

Re: My Mother In Law Attitude by keepingmum: 4:43pm On Mar 21, 2019
cococandy:
Not everyone has to be married.
Was she processing Canada visa for herself alone or for all of you?
If she was doing it just for herself, then you don’t have a wife.
And if she’s hitting you, that additional issue on it’s own.

Oga everypost on this forum has been about how negative your wife is......but in a previous post you said your wife paid 450K for the entire family to relocate to the US and unfortunately your visas were denied.
It seems you and your wife have poor financial management which seems to be the crux of your challenges.. I dont understand how you both will carry your entire family savings/earnings to apply for a visa - especially soon after experiencing an extended period of unemployment. I mean, if you were granted visas, where and how did you both intend to source for airticket fees? relocation fees? Were you expecting manner to fall or some "pastor spoke the word and i believed it" type of "suddenly miracle" to happen?

learn financial management first and half your problem is solved....na you wetin make you marry your wife sha bhet since you are married, she is not beating you so keep praying and enduring, God will touch her heart and open doors for you so that she will go back to being the loving wife she once was.

6 Likes

Re: My Mother In Law Attitude by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 21, 2019
To get along with your MIL, you need to start with your wife. Your MIL's treatment of you is rooted in your wife's treatment of you, which began when you met over 6 years ago. Bettering your marriage is going to be a gradual process because none of these issues started today.

2 Likes

Re: My Mother In Law Attitude by Ralaji: 5:47pm On Mar 21, 2019
keepingmum:

Oga everypost on this forum has been about how negative your wife is......but in a previous post you said your wife paid 450K for the entire family to relocate to the US and unfortunately your visas were denied.
It seems you and your wife have poor financial management which seems to be the crux of your challenges.. I dont understand how you both will carry your entire family savings/earnings to apply for a visa - especially soon after experiencing an extended period of unemployment. I mean, if you were granted visas, where and how did you both intend to source for airticket fees? relocation fees? Were you expecting manner to fall or some "pastor spoke the word and i believed it" type of "suddenly miracle" to happen?

learn financial management first and half your problem is solved....na you wetin make you marry your wife sha bhet since you are married, she is not beating you so keep praying and enduring, God will touch her heart and open doors for you so that she will go back to being the loving wife she once was.

Please go over my previous post again never said she paid 450k. She only contributed like 40% of the money while I took care of home front single handedly.
Re: My Mother In Law Attitude by cococandy(f): 6:17pm On Mar 21, 2019
So she was paying it for all of them. Noted.

keepingmum:

Re: My Mother In Law Attitude by yvelchstores(f): 6:51pm On Mar 21, 2019
Majority of The people that will comment here:
1)singles who have no clue
2)rebellious women who are also showing their husband's pepper

Sorry OP. Your situation is really unfortunate. Draw your wife closer to God cos it's only God that can change a person. I am speaking from experience myself.

Draw her closer to God. U too. God will turn things around but he needs access.

The Lord is ur strength. No be small thing.

1 Like

Re: My Mother In Law Attitude by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:14pm On Mar 21, 2019
some men are unknowingly in a sadomasochistic type of pleasure.... where the more people treat them like garbage, the more they enjoy it and want to please that person.

what more do you need to know, before you pack your bags and leave the demon you call "wife"?!

1 Like

Re: My Mother In Law Attitude by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 21, 2019
All this marriage palava sef, didn't u see signs before marriage

1 Like

Re: My Mother In Law Attitude by keepingmum: 7:27pm On Mar 21, 2019
Ralaji:

Please go over my previous post again never said she paid 450k. She only contributed like 40% of the money while I took care of home front single handedly.

Re: Post Your "Buhari Suffering" Story by Ralaji: 7:02pm On Feb 20
I will try to be brief. Lost my job in 2016 while my wife was pregnant got laid off without any pay. Things became so hard that I had to rely on few friends and family members for survival. Struggle through 2016 got a job a relief job in 2017 which was meant for 3 months. Help wife got a job too fortunately got retained for another six months we then planned to try us visa as family of four but unfortunately close to 450k was wasted on us visa as we were denied came back home. Start job hunting again while wife is still managing her job but suddenly changed and started pasawording her phone, picking suspicious calls at home seriously subjected me to emotional torture upon the job I helped her to get. So much to say. But Buhari government has taught me not to trust anybody again in life no matter how close the person is I got to know my wife very well when I was down got let down by people have been so helpful to.
But thank God there is a ray of hope.
0049821271 access bank for the good Samaritan. Thank you.
(Quote) (Report) 2 Likes (Like) (Share)

https://www.nairaland.com/5034257/post-buhari-suffering-story/3#75935910

did you not post this here in a different post? on this post did you not state your wife spent 300k on visa processing? is 40% of 450k , 300k? Oga stoppit please

1 Like

Re: My Mother In Law Attitude by drmikeadams(m): 8:14pm On Mar 21, 2019
grin grin more reason a nigga ain't getting married
Re: My Mother In Law Attitude by Ralaji: 8:23pm On Mar 21, 2019
keepingmum:

I will try to be brief. Lost my job in 2016 while my wife was pregnant got laid off without any pay. Things became so hard that I had to rely on few friends and family members for survival. Struggle through 2016 got a job a relief job in 2017 which was meant for 3 months. Help wife got a job too fortunately got retained for another six months we then planned to try us visa as family of four but unfortunately close to 450k was wasted on us visa as we were denied came back home. Start job hunting again while wife is still managing her job but suddenly changed and started pasawording her phone, picking suspicious calls at home seriously subjected me to emotional torture upon the job I helped her to get. So much to say. But Buhari government has taught me not to trust anybody again in life no matter how close the person is I got to know my wife very well when I was down got let down by people have been so helpful to.

did you not post this here in a different post? on this post did you not state your wife spent 300k on visa processing? is 40% of 450k , 300k? Oga stoppit please

Oga thanks for your concern but you are mixing things up. In 2016 she spent close to 300k given to her by her uncle on us visa which j got to know about when she had already started distributing out money to people that will help h which failed in 2)17 when I helped her to get job she said we should try again that the vo was so particular about her husband the last time she went and I reluctantly agreed after so much pressure it failed again after committing around 450k into it.
The latest one is Canada runs which she is doing whixh she has already committed like 300k into without any headway at the expense of home front when she knows I do not have job and it's affecting everyone at home.

But thank God I have a job now but can never trust her again with anything and anybody because of the experience I had about her during my trying time.
Re: My Mother In Law Attitude by Acidosis(m): 8:44pm On Mar 21, 2019
You're in trouble bro.

Your wife is married to her mother, physically and spiritually. Wtf is wrong with you guys? You guys have no business running to your parents' home. Relocation to Canada won't solve your problems BTW. Your wife is so immature. I won't consider her type for a relationship.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mother In Law Attitude by Prettiepearlz(f): 9:17pm On Mar 21, 2019
keepingmum:

I don’t know what to say in this situation so I don’t sound biased because all I see is a man who has refused to see the positive side of his wife instead focuses on her negative part forgetting that no human is perfect. But please 40% of 450k isn’t 300k but 180k and nothing in what you just posted corroborated the story of you saying he made a post saying his wife paid 450k for visa. Nothing suggested that. Op’s Story pissed me off when I saw in his other post where he called his wife a free giver solely because she always had sex with him whenever he wanted and forgetting that they are both complicit in the free giving spree. That to me sound very stupid to say! You sleep with a woman and you turned around to call her a free giver, you nko wetin you be? And worse he blamed her for all his woes. He even had plan to dump her because he talked about another girl in which he was sealing a deal with till the woman who later became his wife spoilt the show. Op You can’t eat your cake and have it! You’re no saint either so please come down from your high horses. You definitely had your bad side but not even one did you mention, instead your nonsense posts on Nairaland has been how much of an evil woman your wife is and how your mother in law is a devil. Oga go and fix your home! Honestly I see no marriage here though, it’s best you two stay apart because it’s obvious your relationship is toxic.

5 Likes

Re: My Mother In Law Attitude by otipoju(m): 3:59am On Mar 22, 2019
crackhaus:

Cheers...

Men you deserve an award for this. Only married men will understand. These are words of a veteran.

1 Like

Re: My Mother In Law Attitude by Nobody: 6:29am On Mar 22, 2019
Men dey suffer sha
Re: My Mother In Law Attitude by MrMcJay(m): 7:52am On Mar 22, 2019
Notice the posts of women on this thread?
Notice the same pattern?
Re: My Mother In Law Attitude by ifyalways(f): 8:08am On Mar 22, 2019
Too many outsiders in your marriage sha ie Pastor, MIL and your own mother though i kinda understand; a desperate man trying to save his marriage.

Ogbeni, only very few women in this planet respect a jobless man and unfortunately for you, your wife no dey dat gang. Since you've talked with her and everyone around you/her to help and nothing is working , channel your frustration and energy into getting a job for yourself and i hope you get one soon.

When you are good and dandy financially, na you go know how to handle your wife and marriage ; to continue or not, all up to you.

4 Likes

Re: My Mother In Law Attitude by trilobite: 11:44am On Mar 22, 2019
crackhaus:

Cheers...

God will bless you for this!!! Man did not reveal his to you. Saved!!

1 Like

Re: My Mother In Law Attitude by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 22, 2019
Oga, all these reporting to her mom and your mom shouldn't have happened in the first place. She is your wife, you asked her out and proposed to her yourself, you make love to her yourself. Wake her up in the midnight and ask pour out your mind, let her do the same as well. Work out your issues TOGETHER without a 3rd party. If your problems can't be solved, divorce amicably. Life is too short to be with the wrong person.
Re: My Mother In Law Attitude by Richy4(m): 1:29pm On Mar 22, 2019
My literature in English teacher way back in Secondary school would have given a lot of people here Zero for writing "out of point "

The guy clearly stated that he wants to know how to deal with the issue between him and his mother in law..

But almost every one is getting ahead of themselves here talking about the wife. ...or am I the only one that read the comprehension wrong?
Re: My Mother In Law Attitude by Oyindidi(f): 1:36pm On Mar 22, 2019
Story, story, story!! Once upon a time....
Op you talk too much, I no fit get head and tail from your story

1 Like

Re: My Mother In Law Attitude by Grace001: 1:53pm On Mar 22, 2019
Ralaji:
Good day great minds in the house seriously need your advice on how to relate with this woman.

Her daughter who I helped secure a job showed me hell while I lost my job last year thank God just get one now.
She was so wicked and heatless that she was processing Canada visa with all her money at the expense of home front. She took other men as confidants and hardly tell me anything about her plan but sensing she got stuck recently after spending close to 300k on it.
I spied on some chats she was having with other men, saw some eatery settings pictures on her phone, once saw blue film on her phone too which I guess was sent by one of her boyfriend and whenever I tried to confront her she will turn it to real wahala and begin to shout on top of her voice to the extent that the whole compound already know that I'm jobless that she's trying to assist in catering for home front.

On one Sunday morning we were praying and j discovered my wife was pressing phone through out the period and I tried to scold her but she turn it to another shouting maych with all her usual bashing like you are jobless and feeding you etc that j have to live the house for her that day. Went to my mum she was surprised when she saw me cos I never told her I was coming and I explained everything to her and my mum called her mum after seeking my permission but the woman was trying making excuses for her daughter as usual when my mum was telling her that for 4 years that her daughter did not work I did not disturb her.
I call this woman like 2 days after that incidence but rejected my call guess she was angry that I told my mum about her daughter excesses.

Though feel so uncomfortable staying close to her she always complaining that I don't use to come to thier house, her daughter is always fond of going to their house to report me whenever there is any issue don't know may be because she is the last born.

My pastor told me something not to good about this woman sometimes ago and even told me that If we had known before I married her he wouldn't have let us get married he said she slowing me down I have heard 2 vision from men of God about Being careful with tbuer house and from the look of things this woman 5 children are just struggling with life which somehow give credence to what my pastor says.

She saw a chat on my phone like 2 weeks ago where I exchanged message with a lady I met on this forum I tried to make enquiry about their forum which is for single parent she was mad when she saw it and said I want to betray her she ran to her house as usual to blaspheme me for her people she went to report me to my mum and she called my sister who have not told anything before j had no choice but to tell her everything she has been subjecting me to.

In one of the day of her wahala I tried to call her sister who seems to be reasoning well with me about her stubbornness though she is also staying with their parents, she just came qnd hit me on my neck and smashed my phone on the floor but all through those turbulent time I did not raise my hand against her.

She came home yesterday to tell me her mum is not feeling fine just tried to call her today to ask after her health but she rejected my call again and this is the second time this woman will be rejecting my call.

My daughter stays in their house because her school is around their though planning to change her school soon she believes because of this I should be calling her to thank her every time.

Please house how do I handle this woman?

OP... Obviously you're not in charge of your home and you caused it because you lost the respect. Now a days, In marriage respect and being in charge of your home is earn not given most especially with Nigerian women and in laws. There are some things you shouldn't accept in marriage even when you're temporary broke. 3 important rules

Rule number 1... Don't make the mistake of allow your wife(especially a Nigerian woman) to take the responsibility of house expenses for once, like stocking the house with foods, and paying the school fee etc. No matter what, you should struggle and find a way of taking that responsibility atleast 80% of it if not all. Failure to do this, you're losing your respect already and one day your wife will remind you how she took care of the responsibilities when you're jobless.

Rule number 2. No matter what the circumstances, in as much you're alive, healthy and still married. You shouldn't allow your child to LIVE with your in-law no matter what. Once you allow your child to live with your inlaw you're losing that respect again.

Rule number 3. Don't create the vacuum of calling third party to be the only person to talk to your wife before she can listen to you as the head of the house, you should be in charge. This is the mistake most Nigerian men does, their wife listen to some of their instructions as the husband only when they report her to her mother or their pastors. Men who do this also loses their respect, obviously he is not in charge.

3 Likes

Re: My Mother In Law Attitude by ogawisdom(m): 4:58pm On Mar 22, 2019
Oga go and find work before blabbing, once a woman is feeding u, she don turn man be DT and will never respect u.

Women are like children and very selfish.

Once u get back on your feet she will start respecting you again
Re: My Mother In Law Attitude by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 22, 2019
Get a job again first. Everything will be ok again including your marriage hopefully. Right now, you are barking against the wrong tree.

1 Like

Re: My Mother In Law Attitude by Mizwisdom(f): 8:44pm On Mar 22, 2019
smh
Re: My Mother In Law Attitude by Nobody: 3:55am On Mar 23, 2019
yvelchstores:
Majority of The people that will comment here:
1)singles who have no clue
2)rebellious women who are also showing their husband's pepper

Sorry OP. Your situation is really unfortunate. Draw your wife closer to God cos it's only God that can change a person. I am speaking from experience myself.

Draw her closer to God. U too. God will turn things around but he needs access.

The Lord is ur strength. No be small thing.

make baba God or anything wey you hold sacred bless you plenty for me because of dat your number two statement.

in fact, make an evil woman no come de way of any of your brothers wey de find wife. as for the man wey make dis thread, sorry for you because na your enemy you marry so and you dey weak and come get your own bad character too

(1) (Reply)

All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy / Why Do Married Women Cheat These Days?? / Where Can I Get Indian Bridal Jewelry In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.