Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,714 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Okorocha Drags INEC To Court For Withholding His Certificate Of Return - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Drags INEC To Court For Withholding His Certificate Of Return (21078 Views)

I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court / Nigerians React As Emefiele Drags INEC, APC, AGF To Court Over 2023 / F-SARS Arrests Godwin Obode For Withholding N18.5m Meant For Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Drags INEC To Court For Withholding His Certificate Of Return by UFOdioh: 6:44pm On Mar 21, 2019
Now the game of thrones begins.

Please call us on รท233245042520. For

Re: Okorocha Drags INEC To Court For Withholding His Certificate Of Return by uwabuwa888: 6:54pm On Mar 21, 2019
[quote author=JubrinElSudan post=76862590]INEC we the good people of Imo West senatorial zone are behind you. We wouldn't mind not having a senator so far the person is Rochas. We dash You the certificate

Sometimes...u need to be educated... How can someone with his senses will be without a representative...my friend go and sit down...
Re: Okorocha Drags INEC To Court For Withholding His Certificate Of Return by Intrepid01(m): 6:57pm On Mar 21, 2019
I still need an explanation on why Politicians do this; when a Yoruba politician wants to use, most times he'll get an Igbo or Hausa Lawyer. When a Hausa Politician wants to sue he'll get a Hausa or Igbo Lawyer and lastly the Igbo politician would get a Yoruba or Hausa lawyer. I'm so sure this isn't mere coincidence...as per our politicians sharp pass that .
Re: Okorocha Drags INEC To Court For Withholding His Certificate Of Return by IbrahimDamola: 7:03pm On Mar 21, 2019
Shayetet13:
I am one of those that don't like Rochas Okorocha and would never like him. He is Igbo's prodigal son and disliked amongst the Igbos. But i want him to be a senator in this coming Senate. Because i want to see the reason, presidency will return to the south and it won't come to the South east. Some people said that the south east voted for Obasanjo that was not their choice, now, they have Rochas Okorocha to vote for. The Igbos hate him and he would never become Igbo's choice. So those people who said that the Igbos voted Obasanjo against their choice, i want to see their excuse this time. Since you dont like Igbos first sons, let me see why you wont vote for their prodigal sons. I plead with INEC, please let Rochas be. Give him his certificate of Return and let him become a senator.

Are you new in this country?
Trust we Yorubas, we will shift goal post when the time comes.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Drags INEC To Court For Withholding His Certificate Of Return by IbrahimDamola: 7:05pm On Mar 21, 2019
Intrepid01:
I still need an explanation on why Politicians do this; when a Yoruba politician wants to use, most times he'll get an Igbo or Hausa Lawyer. When a Hausa Politician wants to sue he'll get a Hausa or Igbo Lawyer and lastly the Igbo politician would get a Yoruba or Hausa lawyer. I'm so sure this isn't mere coincidence...as per our politicians sharp pass that .

My lawyer is my secondary school pal based in Abuja, he is Urhobo. I trust am die.
Re: Okorocha Drags INEC To Court For Withholding His Certificate Of Return by Intrepid01(m): 7:15pm On Mar 21, 2019
IbrahimDamola:

My lawyer is my secondary school pal based in Abuja, he is Urhobo. I trust am die.

you didn't get the drift? I meant most times amongst politicians that's always the case, any reason for that?

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Drags INEC To Court For Withholding His Certificate Of Return by discusant: 7:34pm On Mar 21, 2019
Justinlean02:
Who else is very happy with the ordeal that has befallen this Iberiberisim ex politicain, queue up for a group picture... grin grin grin grin cool cool

Iberiberism politician who menaced his home senatorial constituency, stifled development in the constituency, as he was dancing to the gallery in the state capital.
Re: Okorocha Drags INEC To Court For Withholding His Certificate Of Return by clemmonce(m): 7:41pm On Mar 21, 2019
2blessed01:

...Do U Normally Expose Ur Stupidity This Way......If Yes, Its A Pity!
see a stupid fellow calling someone else stupid. If your son writes the way you write will you be happy ? poor capitalization , everything in capital letter.. What a pity.
Re: Okorocha Drags INEC To Court For Withholding His Certificate Of Return by wink2015(m): 7:42pm On Mar 21, 2019
IamHeWrites:
The Imo state governor, Rochas Okorochas, before the Federal High Court in Abuja, has filed a suit against INEC, challenging the authority of the electoral body to withhold his Certificate of Return as the senator-elect for Imo West senatorial district, Igbere Tv reports.

Recall that the commission refused to issue him the certificate of return after Professor Francis Ibeawuchi, the Returning Officer for the February 23rd election, said he announced Okorocha as the winner of the senatorial election "under duress".

The suit was filed by his counsel, Kehinde Ogunwumiju (SAN), Okorocha made the plaintiff made INEC the sole defendant in the suit.

However, Justice Taiwo Taiwo, the presiding judge, by the agreement of the counsels involved in the case, made an order permitting Jones Onyeriri, the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the election and Senator Osita Izunaso of the All Progressives Grand Alliance to be joined as the 2nd and 3rd defendants.

Both candidates of the other parties were represented by their lawyers: Nwafor Orizu for Izunaso, Emeka Etiaba (SAN) for Onyeriri. INEC was represented by Mrs. Wendy Kuku.

Justice Taiwo ordered the defendants to file and exchange their processes within 10 days, while the plaintiff's counsel was given three days to respond to them.

The case was adjourned till April 5, Igbere Tv reports.

SOURCE; http://igberetvnews.com/596734/breaking-okorocha-drags-inec-to-court-for-withholding-his-certificate-of-return/

Rochas Okorocha is too controversial.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Drags INEC To Court For Withholding His Certificate Of Return by Prymestrr(m): 7:46pm On Mar 21, 2019
Shayetet13:
I am one of those that don't like Rochas Okorocha and would never like him. He is Igbo's prodigal son and disliked amongst the Igbos. But i want him to be a senator in this coming Senate. Because i want to see the reason, presidency will return to the south and it won't come to the South east. Some people said that the south east voted for Obasanjo that was not their choice, now, they have Rochas Okorocha to vote for. The Igbos hate him and he would never become Igbo's choice. So those people who said that the Igbos voted Obasanjo against their choice, i want to see their excuse this time. Since you dont like Igbos first sons, let me see why you wont vote for their prodigal sons. I plead with INEC, please let Rochas be. Give him his certificate of Return and let him become a senator.
Most often it's wise to keep your counsel because otherwise you air an opinion beleaguered with lack of reason. The people of Imo west never voted for Rochas Okorocha. Igbos will rather not have the presidency than to be represented by Rochas. Igbos are a proud Nation. It's not in our genetic makeup to trust an ingrate who wants to Lord over a collective of free people.
Go and find the true interpretation of the phrase "Igbo amaghi Eze". Only then can you begin to understand why a true son of Igbo land will never bow for any Individual who does not have the good of the people at heart but wants to ride to a position of power merely on the wings of tribalism.
A true Igbo man is a Nationalist and Liberal at heart and wholly abhors tribalism.
Get educated.
#I'm Igbo and I'm proud of my Nation.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Drags INEC To Court For Withholding His Certificate Of Return by raggnnar: 7:52pm On Mar 21, 2019
Someone that doesn't obey Court order approaching the Court. Please help me ask Mr iberiberism how many court orders he had obeyed. In my opinion, even if court rules in his favour inec should not obey the ruling. Let him feel what is like to float court order.
Re: Okorocha Drags INEC To Court For Withholding His Certificate Of Return by Vcblinks(m): 7:58pm On Mar 21, 2019
That idiot okorocha should be begging the IMO people for his stupidity,biggest asshole.trust igbo people he will pay installmentally.i thank God that d only state in d south east that was in the hands of that blood sucking party has been liberated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Drags INEC To Court For Withholding His Certificate Of Return by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 21, 2019
Re: Okorocha Drags INEC To Court For Withholding His Certificate Of Return by dconsiglere(m): 8:13pm On Mar 21, 2019
The truth is that INEC does not have the right to withhold his certificate of return. In a situation you asked someone to represent cum work for you, any action he takes, must be binding on you. It doesnt matter if you like Rochas or not.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Drags INEC To Court For Withholding His Certificate Of Return by middlebelter(m): 8:20pm On Mar 21, 2019
Shayetet13:

I am one of the people that SE should be encouraged abd supported to produce a president, but we must realuse that the game of power is played in a democracy through negotiations not intimidation. It will be absurd for you to think that other people will hand over power to you through intimidation without going through the political negotiations process.

I therefore wish to appeal to people like you to find a way to align SE abd SW with mutual suspicion, through that you can get middle belt to support you to decide flow of power in this country. Let me say without any fear of contradiction that as long as SE continues to disagree with SW, NW will continue to decide who rule this country. If you are in doubt, check the history of the country.
Re: Okorocha Drags INEC To Court For Withholding His Certificate Of Return by JubrinElSudan: 11:15pm On Mar 21, 2019
[quote author=uwabuwa888 post=76864666][/quote] And someone as educated as you are, can't make an error free sentence in a public forum. You must be a product of Rochas' free education.

Nonsense and Uwabuwa88
Re: Okorocha Drags INEC To Court For Withholding His Certificate Of Return by FreemanUYB(m): 12:03am On Mar 22, 2019
chloride6:
Inec has no right to withhold okorocha certificate.

are you mad

inec has already made it clear that okorohausa has no certificate with them

he announced himself winner
he can as well give himself the certificate...

while commenting use your head oo...
Re: Okorocha Drags INEC To Court For Withholding His Certificate Of Return by FreemanUYB(m): 12:07am On Mar 22, 2019
senatordave1:
Nice move,he will surely prevail over inec.him and nwosu should also sue inec for wrongly declaring ihedioha as winner despite not fulfiling constitutional provisions

is this your madness occasional or its a constant thing!!

were you born mad ??
are you practicing madness??
do you even know you are mad!??
Re: Okorocha Drags INEC To Court For Withholding His Certificate Of Return by FreemanUYB(m): 12:13am On Mar 22, 2019
[quote author=uwabuwa888 post=76864666][/quote]
its better to go with non than to have okorohausa roach
bros you!! go swim for gutter!!
Re: Okorocha Drags INEC To Court For Withholding His Certificate Of Return by senatordave1(m): 12:23am On Mar 22, 2019
FreemanUYB:

is this your madness occasional or its a constant thing!!

were you born mad ??
are you practicing madness??
do you even know you are mad!??
I believe these are questions they asked you when you were admitted at yabatech.rehearsing them won't cure you
Re: Okorocha Drags INEC To Court For Withholding His Certificate Of Return by supereagle(m): 5:19am On Mar 22, 2019
No chance for him again. They have known him now.
Olugbayipost=76863512:

Igbos hated him and would never be Igbos choce. .?

Then whose choice. ?

Its quite bizarre that some people will still allow this greedy, dirty and overweight idiot represent them just because he is an Igbo man.
Re: Okorocha Drags INEC To Court For Withholding His Certificate Of Return by FreemanUYB(m): 9:23am On Mar 22, 2019
senatordave1:

I believe these are questions they asked you when you were admitted at yabatech.rehearsing them won't cure you

I am just reminding you of the same question you refused to answer when you were brought to same yabatech!!

so you still remember!!??

that's a good one..
Re: Okorocha Drags INEC To Court For Withholding His Certificate Of Return by senatordave1(m): 9:24am On Mar 22, 2019
FreemanUYB:

I am just reminding you of the same question you refused to answer when you were brought to same yabatech!!

so you still remember!!??

that's a good one..

Contrary to your moniker,you arent free but in mental servitude
Re: Okorocha Drags INEC To Court For Withholding His Certificate Of Return by 2blessed01(m): 9:37am On Mar 22, 2019
clemmonce:
see a stupid fellow calling someone else stupid. If your son writes the way you write will you be happy ? poor capitalization , everything in capital letter.. What a pity.
...A Stupid Fellow Indeed!!!
Wehdone Sir!!!
Re: Okorocha Drags INEC To Court For Withholding His Certificate Of Return by wealth2al(m): 6:56pm On Mar 22, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution / Buhari Departs New York For Nigeria (Photos) / NNPC Recommends Sale Of Refineries, Buhari Disagrees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.