Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,274 members, 7,836,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen (1969 Views)

FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses / Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen by DogmaNation: 5:12pm On Mar 21, 2019
…Suspended CJN to file no-case submission

Ade Adesomoju, Abuja

The Federal Government on Thursday closed its case of false and non-declaration of charges preferred against the suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, at the Code of Conduct Tribunal.

Although, the prosecution led by Mr. Aliyu Umar (SAN) had proposed to call six witnesses to prove its case against the defendant, it closed its case after calling three of them.

Umar announced his decision to close the prosecution’s case after the third witness, Ifeoma Okeagbue, an official of Standard Chartered Bank, concluded her testimony on Thursday.

The prosecuting counsel said he had chosen to offer to the defence team the rest of his proposed witnesses, three of them, who were not called by the prosecution.

But the lead defence counsel, Chief Adegboyega Awomolo (SAN), rejected the offer.

He then sought the permission of the three-man bench led by its Chairman, Danladi Umar, to consult with the defendant who was seated in the dock.

After a brief interaction with the suspended CJN, Awomolo announced that Onnoghen had opted to file a no-case submission, implying that the defence will contend that the prosecution has failed to make a case against the defendant and there will not be any need for the suspended CJN to enter his defence.

https://punchng.com/fg-closes-case-against-onnoghen/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
cc: Mynd44
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen by Nobody: 5:14pm On Mar 21, 2019
This man must go to jail
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen by dkronicle(m): 5:22pm On Mar 21, 2019
Onijagidijagan:
This man must go to jail
Go send am to jail na

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen by pchukwudi: 5:25pm On Mar 21, 2019
angry
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen by DogmaNation: 5:25pm On Mar 21, 2019
grin grin APC shame on u guys
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen by Daviddson(m): 5:27pm On Mar 21, 2019
For those of us who may not be learned in judiciary parlance and jargon, to close a case in a court of law simply means that the Prosecution has finished laying its case against the defendant, and it's now turn of the defendant to open his own defence against what the prosecution has levelled against him. QED

6 Likes

Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen by aolawale025: 5:29pm On Mar 21, 2019
High level witch hunt
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen by tuniski: 5:46pm On Mar 21, 2019
Onijagidijagan:
This man must go to jail
Sick
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen by tuniski: 5:47pm On Mar 21, 2019
DogmaNation:
grin grin APC shame on u guys

Big time shame sef.
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen by SenatorJnr02: 6:10pm On Mar 21, 2019
I really pity what will be left of Nigeria in the remaining 4yrs! Thank God my Canadian Visa is almost ready!
I can't share a country any more with these riffraffs called APC!

*spits*

1 Like

Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen by Paperwhite(m): 6:38pm On Mar 21, 2019
shocked After lying shamelessly and unceremoniously removing the CJN from office? After lying that Justice Onneghen have staggering amount of monies in
his account & that he has 55houses instead of 5? I guess the CJN should this silly media propaganda charade government Enuough is enough! angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen by Paperwhite(m): 6:41pm On Mar 21, 2019
[s]
Onijagidijagan:
This man must go to jail
[/s]
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen by JoanHicks(f): 6:47pm On Mar 21, 2019
Onijagidijagan:
This man must go to jail

You're in pain
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 6:47pm On Mar 21, 2019
afonja are dirty bastards, them go hear am soon
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen by JoanHicks(f): 6:52pm On Mar 21, 2019
God is fighting for this man
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen by orion7: 6:54pm On Mar 21, 2019
fg na mumu full am

wallahi
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen by orion7: 6:54pm On Mar 21, 2019
fg na mumu full am

wallahi
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen by Gboy101: 7:22pm On Mar 21, 2019
the question now is will the former CJN filed a case against FG? and all those who sort to tarnish him all in a bid to ring the election?
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen by Gboy101: 7:27pm On Mar 21, 2019
tinubu osinbajo or any of his stooge will never smell the Villa. its only a widest dream. it will never happen. tinubu should be retired from politics. they are all thief's
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen by IkalaiyeLOTO: 7:32pm On Mar 21, 2019
With this move, i suspect FG team have something up their sleeves cool
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen by Layemidguru(m): 1:39am On Mar 22, 2019
SenatorJnr02:
I really pity what will be left of Nigeria in the remaining 4yrs! Thank God my Canadian Visa is almost ready!
I can't share a country any more with these riffraffs called APC!

*spits*
#spits

(1) (Reply)

Handover: Ihedioha Disagrees With Okorocha On Joint Transition Commitee / Fear Hits Aso Rock As Gov Bala Who Is In Self-isolation Attends NGF Meeting / 'We are Back to the days Of Ateke'- Amaechi Decries Rivers Insecurity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.