Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,086 members, 7,845,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Ini Edo Banned For A Year - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ini Edo Banned For A Year (2774 Views)

Ini Edo And Mike Godson Are Dating (Photos) / Ini Edo And Davido Pose For A Selfie / Ini Edo And Husband At Her Shoe Line Launch (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ini Edo Banned For A Year by my2cents(m): 10:31am On Apr 27, 2007
Na wa for dis babe sef sad

Actors Guild slams one year ban on top actress, Ini Edo
By AZUH AMATUS
Friday, April 27, 2007 Iniobong Edo
Photo: Sun News Publishing

Mores Stories on This Section
The national body of Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN), has banned top and controversial Nollywood actress, Iniobong Edo for one year, for what it termed gross misconduct, indiscipline and outright violation of professional duties.

The ban order, which was ratified by Mr Ejike Asiegbu, the national president of AGN alongside his executive members takes effect from April 17, 2007.

A press statement signed by Mr Acho Ugoenyi, the national secretary of AGN said Ini Edo is no longer eligible to participate in movie productions with effect from April 17.
"This measure will serve as a deterrent to others. The petition of Mr Emeka Duru (a production manager) at the instance of his producer and director respectively in conjunction with the disciplinary committees report agreed on the ban…. I have been directed to communicate to you, the one calendar year ban order slammed on you, with effect from April 17, 2007, for gross misconduct, indiscipline and outright violation of professional ethics," said the statement.

The release further reminded Edo that the Actors Guild of Nigeria, is committed to the sustenance of discipline, and the enforcement of professional ethics among its members.
Meanwhile, to ensure the ban has taken effect, the AGN, also officially informed Movie Producers and Marketers Association, the Association of Movie Producers (AMP), Directors Guild of Nigeria (DGN), Nigerian Society of Cinematographers, (NSC), Nigerian Film and Video Censors Board (NFVCB) and the Lagos State chapter of the Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN).

Efforts by Daily Sun to speak with Edo who had been earlier banned for six months, for indecent dressing by the Enugu State chapter of AGN, proved abortive. Several calls made to her mobile phone lines did not go through.
Iniobong Edo, from Akwa-Ibom State, came to limelight with a scintillating role in a movie entitled, Worlds Apart some years ago and ever since her career had been on the rise with several blockbuster movies to her credit.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For A Year by Love44(f): 6:50pm On Apr 27, 2007
If this is true then Nollywood should be destroy,
Re: Ini Edo Banned For A Year by kellorah: 6:58pm On Apr 27, 2007
wot a load of BULL!!
let her dress the way she wants to. HABA!!! angry
u don't hear anyone banning actors and actresses abroad, only in 9ja
GROW UP!! angry
Re: Ini Edo Banned For A Year by my2cents(m): 8:02pm On Apr 27, 2007
thatz what you get, for the most part, when you have unions grin

On a more serious note, if it is part of their union slang that they dress a certain way and she knowingly violated that, then she should be banned in accordance with the rules, but if it is some arbitrary thing, then they are wrong for that.

On the other hand, she is probably making too much and as in the case of the G8 banning a few years ago, she is just being targetted.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For A Year by kellorah: 8:08pm On Apr 27, 2007
if she's just being targetted, poor her cry

unless it's laid down as one of their rules in the union, then, she deserves to eb banned.

but they need to remember, we are moving FORWARD.
society is changing. wot didn't used to be seen as normal then, is normal now.
no matter how u may choose to dress, it's wot's in ur heart that counts.
u might wear 'mary amaka' and still be the worst sinner!!
Re: Ini Edo Banned For A Year by cuteass1(f): 8:16pm On Apr 27, 2007
kellorah:

wot a load of BULL!!
let her dress the way she wants to. HABA!!! angry
u don't hear anyone banning actors and actresses abroad, only in Nigeria
GROW UP!! angry

I know they don't do it in abroad, but the last time i checked, Nigeria wasn't abroad. Today some are complaining of africans trying too hard to be like the whites, the the topic of tomorrow is "the whites don't do it,so why should we?", we have to stick to one, we can't just keep doing a "round about" turn, each time the case at hand proves our system negative angry

Dear i get ya point , but you're aware of the saying give unto ceasar what is ceasar's!
Every place has their policy, and if she wants to live by the white man's policy, then she had better book the next flight to hollywood wink
Even though i like watching her movies, and it'll pain me to miss her for a whole year, i'll spaek the truth when i see there's one to be told. First of all the "sun news"story wasn't very detailed, her offences were more than one, which makes me want to believe she wasn't just banned for her dressing-code (which i know many on this forum have condemned hands down) grin

Now if you want to play a game, you've got to stick to the rules, if they have some "star/celebrity rules" that they have to abide by to be counted, why the hell won't she just do it?? Afterall she's not the only actress there, is she?? some have been there before her, yet they didn't find themselves too high to abide by the rules, did they?? what makes her bigger-headed than the 1001 of them that have been there and still are??

In Europe its not allowed to spank a child, not even the parents are allowed to, right?? Well go to most nigerian schools where spanking is the order of the day and tell them that wink
Re: Ini Edo Banned For A Year by kellorah: 8:21pm On Apr 27, 2007
i get where ure coming from but my point isn't 'because the westerners dress that way, why shouldn't nigerians.'
the weather in 9ja is HOT but i'm not advising any one to go naked because they are boiling say na dem hot pass grin
IF it was a rule which she was supposed to have abided to, then, punish her. i wont really miss her. i hardly ever watch 9ja movies. i hope the ban wasn't just about how she dressed! undecided
every year, one or two actors/actresses are banned
like i keep saying, we should move forward. there's more to a person than how they dress!!
on the other thread, unilag students have been banned from wearing wot i see as 'normal' clothes
Re: Ini Edo Banned For A Year by cuteass1(f): 8:32pm On Apr 27, 2007
Well i think they know Ini is doing great for them in the industry, so if they could forsake and forfeit all her talents, and bann her for a year, then i really have to give them thumbs up for being persistent enough to keeping and protecting the standard rules that are set!!

If a rule is set, and an offendant party isn't purnished as stated, how on earth will you begin to tell someone else, old or new to desist from the act??

If she caused it then let her carry her cross happily, they say: as you make your bed, so shall you lie on it wink
Re: Ini Edo Banned For A Year by kellorah: 8:33pm On Apr 27, 2007
cute-ass:

If she caused it then let her carry her cross happily, they say: as you make your bed, so shall you lie on it wink
yep, IF, so be it wink
Re: Ini Edo Banned For A Year by Vitastraka(m): 6:08pm On Apr 28, 2007
Pure Nonsense!

, what is the meaning of this Taliban style controlling of the dressing of another human being?
Ini Edo is not in secondary school. As long as her dressing does not affect her work or the sale of her movies, what business does anybody have telling her what to wear?

What is wrong with these people for goodness sake,
Re: Ini Edo Banned For A Year by cuteass1(f): 6:42pm On Apr 28, 2007
Vitastraka:

Pure Nonsense!

Darling you make me laugh with that statement of yours. IF she is banned, then i'm sure its that same attitude that you're exuding right now that got her there.

Things you know you have little or nothing to say about, pay your dues like the rest wink She thought herself too big to?? well see where it landed her, and there's nothing you and i, or anybody can do about it grin
Btw there were other offence, as stated by "SUN"

those who live in glass houses do not throw stones!
Re: Ini Edo Banned For A Year by Love44(f): 6:52pm On Apr 28, 2007
I am sick and tired of people banning actors and actresses any how. I just wish that this industry will crash.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For A Year by cuteass1(f): 6:56pm On Apr 28, 2007
Love44:

I am sick and tired of people banning actors and actresses any how. I just wish that this industry will crash.

GOD FORBID angry angry angry
Re: Ini Edo Banned For A Year by Seun(m): 9:42pm On Apr 28, 2007
Nobody should have the right to ban anybody for such reasons. It's just an abuse of temporary power.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For A Year by Raymand(m): 9:54pm On Apr 28, 2007
Funny for you to say that Seun, seeing you once banned me for posting the picture of a fish with a human head. . .
Re: Ini Edo Banned For A Year by chiogo(f): 11:59pm On Apr 28, 2007
It's funny that they banned her but i noticed that she dresses badly most of the time in her movies(like a hooker or smthin') but that's no reason why they should ban her, though. It's her life!
Re: Ini Edo Banned For A Year by cuteass1(f): 12:17am On Apr 29, 2007
chiogo:

It's funny that they banned her but i noticed that she dresses badly most of the time in her movies(like a hooker or smthin') but that's no reason why they should ban her, though. It's her life!

Yea its her life, but maybe they have standards of clothes they want to be portrayed by different characters of a movie, if she dresses against that standard then i don't blame them. They said it wasn't just her dressing though, wish we could get the whole story wink

Someone mentioned on this thread that "unilag" students have been banned from wearing certain clothes and after viewing some pics, i'm totally in support.
Now those students own their lives too, but wen they're owning their lives on someone else's boundary, then they just have to take what they get wink Which is the same in Ini's case. If she owned the movie industry, it would have been a different song, but when she doesn't . . grin

Btw darling sis. how're you doing today? kiss
Re: Ini Edo Banned For A Year by chiogo(f): 12:22am On Apr 29, 2007
cute-ass link=topic=50917.msg1077715#, if msg1077715 date=1177802259:

Btw darling sis. how're you doing today? kiss

Am fine, sister. lol How are u doin'? how was work?
Re: Ini Edo Banned For A Year by Iniedo(f): 1:00am On Apr 29, 2007
I read it today and i put it on my blog so sad am really feeling bad. cry
Re: Ini Edo Banned For A Year by cuteass1(f): 1:11am On Apr 29, 2007
Iniedo:

I read it today and i put it on my blog so sad am really feeling bad. cry

Don't cry hun, she'll be back before you know it, you'll see! One year seems a long time, but time does fly wink Out of sight is not out of mind, for the banishment-time being keep her memory alive by watching her existent movies!!

chiogo:

Am fine, sister. lol How are u doin'? how was work?
Work was tiresome, i'm exhausted *yawns*. Apart form that i'm cool cool cheesy
Re: Ini Edo Banned For A Year by Iniedo(f): 1:13am On Apr 29, 2007
cute-ass:

Don't cry hun, she'll be back before you know it, you'll see! One year seems a long time, but time does fly wink Out of sight is not out of mind, keep her memory alive by watching her existent movies!!

aiight thanks.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For A Year by chiogo(f): 1:21am On Apr 29, 2007
cute-ass:

awww, am sorry, hon. I was home all day doin' nothin'.got bored though, took a nap and tada! nairaland.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For A Year by Love44(f): 6:04am On Apr 29, 2007
I am so sad that they ban her because she is my favorite actress and i also live Genevieve Nnaji very well.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For A Year by kykety: 8:25pm On Apr 30, 2007
Poor thing, but still, one of the grounds of hrer ban was indecency etc, and i can testify to it,, shes a nice person but believe it or not, they used my uncle's house for a movie they shot with Ini so i went there that day so I could at least meet her , and next thing we were looking around for her she was in bed upstairs , with my uncle's brother in-law, it was disgusting,
Re: Ini Edo Banned For A Year by Seun(m): 10:08pm On Apr 30, 2007
What she does in her bedroom is her business and not mine. I have no right to ban others from doing their jobs.

(1) (Reply)

Baby Girl For Singer Zeal / Top 5 Nollywood Actresses With Banging Bodies / Wiz Khalifa & Amber Rose Share First Photo As Husband And Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.