Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Ambode: From Governor-General To Political Orphan - By Temidayo Akinsuyi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode: From Governor-General To Political Orphan - By Temidayo Akinsuyi (15135 Views)

For Ambode, No Respite Yet In Lagos APC By Temidayo Akinsuyi / Bola Tinubu: Hero Or Villain Of June 12? By Temidayo Akinsuyi / President Buhari Receives Julie Payette, The Governor General Of Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode: From Governor-General To Political Orphan - By Temidayo Akinsuyi by KingSango(m): 11:55am On Mar 22, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Sure, but never bite the finger that fed you

grin

The good man doesn't take to bosses
Re: Ambode: From Governor-General To Political Orphan - By Temidayo Akinsuyi by ThothHermes: 12:42pm On Mar 22, 2019
Mynd44:

That is the problem. You stay on the island, in Epe and you judge from there that Ambode performed until you take a trip to Alimosho, Agege, FESTAC, Iyana Iba and you see hell.

Mind you, Alimisho and Agege are huge voting blocks. First of, while the bridge at Abule Egba was lovely, how do you explain Ambode's building a BRT lane in the middle of Lagos-Abeokuta expressway and at the same time building a bridge in Agege? While these are projects that are needed, they are also roads that take people to work and back home daily

These roads serve as main and alternative roads hence fixing them at the same time only means people will get home at 10:30 etc. The normal thing a government with human side will do is to do remedial job on one, concentrate on the second and when that is done, start main work on the second.

Akowonjo road is a mess, Shasha is a mess. The inner roads in Iyana Ipaja……

Ambode has for some reason abandoned the Badagry expressway. Why? No one knows. Putting those people through mad torture daily yet he shows pictures of Epe expressway which started after Badagry road.

The Ambode government is also seen as weak and ineffective hence why motorcycles are back on the roads

Lets move to waste. Lagos stinks. His cancellation of the PSP was crap and pointless. This was a system that works and employed almlost 25,000 people including street sweepers and suddenly, the governor cancelled it. If it was cancelled for one that worked it would have made sense but no. Cleaner Lagos was an ill-thought idea that is on its own, ground for impeachment.

Housing. I know about 3 housing projects that were finished by the Fashola administration in Ikorodu, Alimosho, Iyana Iba, Jakande Estate etc. These houses have begun completed and all that is needed is ballot and allocation but Governor Ambode left the houses and put them under lock for no reason. Another valid ground for impeachment.

It is these things people complain about but to those who dont observe, they think it is because of bribes or party funding. You ended the jobs of 25,000 people working under the PSP program and assumed there wont be consequencies.

Look at the monstrusity being built at Oshodi. That project depresses me……the funds sunk there can be used to build jetties and buy ferries to take people from Badagry, Ikorodu and Iyana Iba to the island daily thereby easing the traffic. But this is Governor Ambode. He believes in "Go big or go home"

Abeg go sit down. Wuru wuru analysis. The only reason he did not go for second term was because Tinubu did not want him anymore. None of these would have mattered if he had Tinubu's support.

1 Like

Re: Ambode: From Governor-General To Political Orphan - By Temidayo Akinsuyi by ThothHermes: 12:45pm On Mar 22, 2019
id911:

Trash! If Tinubu had endorsed Ambo for second term, this your epistle would been written in an opposite manner. SMH

I remember how you normally praised him and called him the best governor in Nigeria. Immediately Tinubu rejected him, you started cursing Ambode
No mind am. As if achievements matter in Nigerian politics. People go just dey yarn rubbish anyhow.
Re: Ambode: From Governor-General To Political Orphan - By Temidayo Akinsuyi by InvertedHammer: 12:49pm On Mar 22, 2019
/
Ambode represents a soldier in the battlefield armed with a machine gun but too scared to fire even a round when the enemies are approaching. Finally, he got killed politically. Define cowardice.

/

1 Like

Re: Ambode: From Governor-General To Political Orphan - By Temidayo Akinsuyi by Emma1Oj(m): 1:42pm On Mar 22, 2019
Imaging the way Lagosians are divided over ambode, some said he performed well others said he didn't performed why some said he performed woefully. Meanwhile, during Tinubu and Great Fashola admin their was no such thing, even an unborn child admit that T&F performed credibly well without no dispute. Ambode is a failure, just go check all d project executed by him they are decaying already compare to what Fashola did a decay ago still standing firm.
Re: Ambode: From Governor-General To Political Orphan - By Temidayo Akinsuyi by hisexcellency34: 1:49pm On Mar 22, 2019
No doubt he abandoned Lagos Island and other places..i heard they pelted him with stone's and sachet water when he visited the Itafaji building collapse scene

Emma1Oj:
Imaging the way Lagosians are divided over ambode, some said he performed well others said he didn't performed why some said he performed woefully. Meanwhile, during Tinubu and Great Fashola admin their was no such thing, even an unborn child admit that T&F performed credibly well without no dispute. Ambode is a failure, just go check all d project executed by him they are decaying already compare to what Fashola did a decay ago still standing firm.
Re: Ambode: From Governor-General To Political Orphan - By Temidayo Akinsuyi by Emma1Oj(m): 2:02pm On Mar 22, 2019
hisexcellency34:
No doubt he abandoned Lagos Island and other places..i heard they pelted him with stone's and sachet water when he visited the Itafaji building collapse scene

that's good for him. How can one be sooo clueless and dump. Fashola has already layed down structure for him to ride on which would make his job easy but he neglect, destroy and abandon dem all meanwhile make things miserable for lagosians and still has the guts to say he want to go for second term, may maggot bite his tongue there.
Re: Ambode: From Governor-General To Political Orphan - By Temidayo Akinsuyi by AsiwajuNdigbo: 2:14pm On Mar 22, 2019
Mynd44:

That is the problem. You stay on the island, in Epe and you judge from there that Ambode performed until you take a trip to Alimosho, Agege, FESTAC, Iyana Iba and you see hell.

Mind you, Alimisho and Agege are huge voting blocks. First of, while the bridge at Abule Egba was lovely, how do you explain Ambode's building a BRT lane in the middle of Lagos-Abeokuta expressway and at the same time building a bridge in Agege? While these are projects that are needed, they are also roads that take people to work and back home daily

These roads serve as main and alternative roads hence fixing them at the same time only means people will get home at 10:30 etc. The normal thing a government with human side will do is to do remedial job on one, concentrate on the second and when that is done, start main work on the second.

Akowonjo road is a mess, Shasha is a mess. The inner roads in Iyana Ipaja……

Ambode has for some reason abandoned the Badagry expressway. Why? No one knows. Putting those people through mad torture daily yet he shows pictures of Epe expressway which started after Badagry road.

The Ambode government is also seen as weak and ineffective hence why motorcycles are back on the roads

Lets move to waste. Lagos stinks. His cancellation of the PSP was crap and pointless. This was a system that works and employed almlost 25,000 people including street sweepers and suddenly, the governor cancelled it. If it was cancelled for one that worked it would have made sense but no. Cleaner Lagos was an ill-thought idea that is on its own, ground for impeachment.

Housing. I know about 3 housing projects that were finished by the Fashola administration in Ikorodu, Alimosho, Iyana Iba, Jakande Estate etc. These houses have begun completed and all that is needed is ballot and allocation but Governor Ambode left the houses and put them under lock for no reason. Another valid ground for impeachment.

It is these things people complain about but to those who dont observe, they think it is because of bribes or party funding. You ended the jobs of 25,000 people working under the PSP program and assumed there wont be consequencies.

Look at the monstrusity being built at Oshodi. That project depresses me……the funds sunk there can be used to build jetties and buy ferries to take people from Badagry, Ikorodu and Iyana Iba to the island daily thereby easing the traffic. But this is Governor Ambode. He believes in "Go big or go home"

You can ban me if you like but I will tell you something this aftenoon.

You are a biased citizen. I want you to compare Fashola in his first term and his level of incompetense trying to get his foot on ground and get things done.

We cannot expect every governor to be rubber stamp of the old one. We need to continue our advancement forward. Ambode is a task master, he got things done. Even the elders of APC themselves will not support the nonsense you wrote up here. Their only grouse with the guy is "he does not pick our calls". Tha man is doing his job and giving citizens security, safety, infrastructure....but they are upset that he cut them off from contracts, thats the problem.

All these other stuffs about road in Alimosho is excuse and will not stick. If it takes 50yrs to sack your APC elders we will keep givibg it a shot till we succeed and a Nwanne born and raised in Lagos that can do the job is inaugurated governor over your elders.

Ambode abeg dont mind this Mynd44 the guy has been poisoned by Isele Eko elders. You are going to Abuja my friend. If they call you in Abuja continue to ignore them.

Nonsense lonse awon guys. Ignore them.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode: From Governor-General To Political Orphan - By Temidayo Akinsuyi by AsiwajuNdigbo: 2:27pm On Mar 22, 2019
In fact how do you want him to do ferry and Federal Govenment owns waterways and refused to give him permission. Thats in court already. Dont you know that?
Re: Ambode: From Governor-General To Political Orphan - By Temidayo Akinsuyi by Orpe7(m): 2:31pm On Mar 22, 2019
hisexcellency34:
I don't think he canceled the Spelling Bee competition

He cancelled "Gov for a day for the winner"
When last u heard a kid was Gov for a day?
Re: Ambode: From Governor-General To Political Orphan - By Temidayo Akinsuyi by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:07pm On Mar 22, 2019
I hate hearing this silly myth claiming that Ambode worked. Nobody that lives in the many communities (Amuwo, Festac, Satellite Town etc) along the Lagos-Badagry expressway (especially from Mile 2 down to Badagry) would make such ridiculous claims. My area in Satellite Town and the expressway to Mile 2 turned to a nightmare under Ambode cos he refused to touch anything that Fashola did in his vain quest for his own legacy projects. Which is why he left the Lagos-Badagry expressway, a strategic interstate and international road that Tinubu and Fashola tried to expand and upgrade, to rot while he built dumb projects in his Epe village, and focused on multi-billion naira cosmetic projects of low impact in places like Oshodi and the useless bus terminals around places like Yaba, Oyingbo etc.

The guy is obviously a narcissist and despite my loathing of the Tinubu mafia, I was delighted when Ambode was soundly routed in the primaries. He's an incompetent mooron. Good riddance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode: From Governor-General To Political Orphan - By Temidayo Akinsuyi by hisexcellency34: 7:46pm On Mar 22, 2019
His hatred for Fashola really contributed to his failure

Obi1kenobi:
I hate hearing this silly myth claiming that Ambode worked. Nobody that lives in the many communities (Amuwo, Festac, Satellite Town etc) along the Lagos-Badagry expressway (especially from Mile 2 down to Badagry) would make such ridiculous claims. My area in Satellite Town and the expressway to Mile 2 turned to a nightmare under Ambode cos he refused to touch anything that Fashola did in his vain quest for his own legacy projects. Which is why he left the Lagos-Badagry expressway, a strategic interstate and international road that Tinubu and Fashola tried to expand and upgrade, to rot while he built dumb projects in his Epe village, and focused on multi-billion naira cosmetic projects of low impact in places like Oshodi and the useless bus terminals around places like Yaba, Oyingbo etc.

The guy is obviously a narcissist and despite my loathing of the Tinubu mafia, I was delighted when Ambode was soundly routed in the primaries. He's an incompetent mooron. Good riddance.
Re: Ambode: From Governor-General To Political Orphan - By Temidayo Akinsuyi by hisexcellency34: 9:21pm On May 18, 2019
Just saw your post and I must say it's pure rubbish to say Fashola was incompetent in his first term trying to get his foot on ground.

Fashola's superlative performance won him support from Lagosians who protested when Tinubu tried to stop him. But nobody protested for Ambo and he was stopped

AsiwajuNdigbo:

You can ban me if you like but I will tell you something this aftenoon.

You are a biased citizen. I want you to compare Fashola in his first term and his level of incompetense trying to get his foot on ground and get things done.

We cannot expect every governor to be rubber stamp of the old one. We need to continue our advancement forward. Ambode is a task master, he got things done. Even the elders of APC themselves will not support the nonsense you wrote up here. Their only grouse with the guy is "he does not pick our calls". Tha man is doing his job and giving citizens security, safety, infrastructure....but they are upset that he cut them off from contracts, thats the problem.

All these other stuffs about road in Alimosho is excuse and will not stick. If it takes 50yrs to sack your APC elders we will keep givibg it a shot till we succeed and a Nwanne born and raised in Lagos that can do the job is inaugurated governor over your elders.

Ambode abeg dont mind this Mynd44 the guy has been poisoned by Isele Eko elders. You are going to Abuja my friend. If they call you in Abuja continue to ignore them.

Nonsense lonse awon guys. Ignore them.
Re: Ambode: From Governor-General To Political Orphan - By Temidayo Akinsuyi by Ashabbiiee: 11:28am On Oct 12, 2019
The house of assembly should free the guy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun APC: Can Aregbesola Give Oyetola The Ambode Treatment? / The Second Verse Of The Nigerian National Anthem Should Replace The First Verse / Nigeria Senators’ Phone Numbers Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.