Stats: 3,152,369 members, 7,815,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other (45224 Views)

Tinubu Hosts Sanwo-Olu, Ambode, GAC Members In Lagos / Sanwo-Olu: Ambode Left Agege-Pen Cinema Bridge At 20% Completion / Sanwo-Olu: 'Ambode Lied, I Was Never Arrested For Spending Fake Dollars In USA' (2) (3) (4)

Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other by nairavsdollars(f): 6:40am On Mar 24, 2019
* Gov Elect Refuses To Visit, Acknowledge Support of Outgoing Governor

* Did Ambode Pay Courtesy Visit To Fashola In 2015 - APC Chieftain

Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

The crisis rocking the Lagos State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC), which almost polarised it before the 2019 general elections, is far from over as investigations revealed that Akinwunmi Ambode, the outgoing governor of the state and Babajide Sanwo-Olu, the governor-elect, are not on talking terms despite being members of the same party.

Sources in the party said since he won the governorship election, Sanwo-Olu had failed to visit Ambode or acknowledged the governor’s role in his acceptance speech after being declared winner of the election by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

Instead of visiting Ambode, the man who would hand over the reins of governance to him, Sanwo-Olu and his deputy, Kadri Obafemi Hamzat, however paid courtesy visit to President Muhammadu Buhari in Abuja.

Speaking with Sunday INDEPENDENT, a chieftain of the party and a member of the Governor’s Advisory Council (GAC), said he was aware that both men “have not had any meaningful discussion on the transition process since the outcome of the election”.

He said the frosty relationship between the two men was not healthy for the development of the state, the party and its supporters.

According to him, despite the impression being created that all was well, there was still a great division in the camp of Ambode and Sanwo-Olu and this might impact negatively on the hand-over process if not quickly resolved.

“In the spirit of sportsmanship, it is unfair for Sanwo-Olu not to acknowledge the role played by Ambode in his victory. Can you imagine that Sanwo-Olu has refused to pay him a courtesy visit since his victory? That is not how to play progressive politics.

“Even in Oyo State, Seyi Makinde has visited Governor Abiola Ajimobi despite belonging to different political parties. It is not about the two individuals, it is about the progress and development of the state.

“Even in his victory speech, Sanwo-Olu did not made mention of Ambode. Yet, he praised Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Adams Oshiomhole and others. It would have been better if he didn’t mention any names at all.

“To be frank, Ambode made some mistakes which contributed to his travails. Some of the mistakes have been documented in the media and I think Sanwo-Olu should learn from these and not make the same mistakes in his tenure.

“A lot of things happened before the elections, which caused tension here and there. We are all humans. You don’t expect Ambode to be happy with the way he was treated and denied a second term ticket.

“Also, nobody in his right senses will expect Sanwo-Olu to be happy with the remarks made by Ambode concerning his past before the primary. But, that is politics for you. The most important thing is for them to work together for the progress and development of the state,” our source said.

However, speaking with our correspondent, another party chieftain loyal to Sanwo-Olu, said the governor-elect, currently out of the country, had no rift with Ambode and had publicly said so on several occasions.

He however added that Ambode too did not pay Babatunde Fashola, his predecessor, a courtesy visit after he won the governorship election in 2015.

“As a chieftain of the party, I can’t speak for Sanwo-Olu, But, I know he has put what happened before the primary behind him and moved on, especially with the fact that he won a governorship election, which is not being contested by the opposition in court. In fact, Jimi Agbaje congratulated him before the formal announcement of the result by INEC,”

“ Ambode will hand over to him on May 29. This is March. So, there is enough time for both men to meet and work out strategy for a successful transition. On the visit to Buhari, Sanwo- Olu had already said he went to congratulate the President for his reelection”.

However, one thing is clear. There is no big deal in him paying Governor Ambode a courtesy visit. Did Ambode pay Fashola a courtesy visit after he won the governorship election in 2015? People just like making a mountain out of a molehill and I think that is very unfortunate” he said.

https://www.independent.ng/lagos-apc-crisis-sanwo-olu-ambodes-rift-deepens/

Re: Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other by Lisaint(m): 6:48am On Mar 24, 2019
Re: Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other by Bobby4090: 6:50am On Mar 24, 2019
Re: Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other by charleff512(m): 6:53am On Mar 24, 2019
Both are still pained by what happened before the arranged open primaries.

Re: Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other by RichBoy247: 6:53am On Mar 24, 2019
We have kicked out the fat ugly idiot and his untrained and barren wife together with their foolish Biafran supporters. If the fat pig called Ambode does not take his time, we shall lock him up in prison and give the key of the prison to Tinubu to throw into Lagos lagoon.

30 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other by WonderManly(m): 6:58am On Mar 24, 2019
[quote author=nairavsdollars post=76931471]* Gov Elect Refuses To Visit, Acknowledge Support of Outgoing Governor

Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

The crisis rocking the Lagos State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC), which almost polarised it before the 2019 general elections, is far from over as investigations revealed that Akinwunmi Ambode, the outgoing governor of the state and Babajide Sanwo-Olu, the governor-elect, are not on talking terms despite being members of the same party.

Sources in the party said since he won the governorship election, Sanwo-Olu had failed to visit Ambode or acknowledged the governor’s role in his acceptance speech after being declared winner of the election by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

Instead of visiting Ambode, the man who would hand over the reins of governance to him, Sanwo-Olu and his deputy, Kadri Obafemi Hamzat, however paid courtesy visit to President Muh

Re: Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other by Omololu2121: 7:00am On Mar 24, 2019
I went to kola from lekki, the roads were terrible... So on my way back to ikorodu I decided to pass through agege to Ikeja so I can pass through Lagos Ibadan expressway... Almost all the roads in agege were in terrible conditions.

Then I asked myself, which road this ambode don dey construct gan gan except for the ones in epe

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other by kponkedenge(m): 7:05am On Mar 24, 2019
Na dem sabi
Re: Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other by BuhariAdvocate: 7:11am On Mar 24, 2019
Fake news. Sanwo not in Nigeria for now.

Re: Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other by daddytime(m): 7:13am On Mar 24, 2019
Sister Ambode....kpele

Re: Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other by Amuocha: 7:17am On Mar 24, 2019
Two failed puppets of Tinubu angry
Ambode spent 4 years without achieving anything
Sanwo Olu will be another waste of space embarassed

16 Likes

Re: Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other by hisexcellency34: 7:19am On Mar 24, 2019
Shut up! Did he visit Buhari after his victory or not?

BuhariAdvocate:
Fake news. Sanwo not in Nigeria for now.

Re: Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:24am On Mar 24, 2019
Sanwo Olu will fail woefully as governor .

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other by Kwamecron(m): 7:33am On Mar 24, 2019
Ambode is a child
Re: Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 24, 2019
Ambode didn't campaign for sanwo olu. The author is lying about that. Never was ambode seen in a campaign train of sanwo olu. Infact, I could remember when sanwo olu/hamzat came to classic Fm and was asked that it seems that he and ambode were not in good terms because unlike fashola time, he was everywhere with ambode despite his candidate was pushed aside in favor of ambode.
Sanwo olu used style to avoid the question that, well, if he needs to talk to him, he has his number and can call him, not necessarily be with during campaign. The mega rally apc organized in, I think ikorodu, ambode didn't show up but with buhari entourage in another state which is very wrong no matter how. The way they will open his can of worms especially inflated contracts when sanwo olu resumes will be terrible for him. He is just too proud and full of himself. He started well but ended woefully.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other by SHEAU(m): 8:05am On Mar 24, 2019
Fashola na dere papa, he get sense pass all of them

17 Likes

Re: Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other by hisexcellency34: 9:36am On Mar 24, 2019
Lies

priceaction:
Ambode didn't campaign for sanwo olu. The author is lying about that. Never was ambode seen in a campaign train of sanwo olu. Infact, I could remember when sanwo olu/hamzat came to classic Fm and was asked that it seems that he and ambode were not in good terms because unlike fashola time, he was everywhere with ambode despite his candidate was pushed aside in favor of ambode.
Sanwo olu used style to avoid the question that, well, if he needs to talk to him, he has his number and can call him, not necessarily be with during campaign. The mega rally apc organized in, I think ikorodu, ambode didn't show up but with buhari entourage in another state which is very wrong no matter how. The way they will open his can of worms especially inflated contracts when sanwo olu resumes will be terrible for him. He is just too proud and full of himself. He started well but ended woefully.
Re: Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other by Azed95: 10:09am On Mar 24, 2019
Good day to you all in the house. It quiet unfortunate that APC in Lagos always like this. I don't see what is wrong visiting somebody. Every states have tasted change of party. Why Lagos still running under one person called Tinubu. I hate how Lagos former Governor influence the last election. I think is time to change for better by supporting good governance.

Re: Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other by hisexcellency34: 10:13am On Mar 24, 2019
So, how will that change come? Jimi Agbaje couldn't do anything despite shouting bondage and freedom

Azed95:
Good day to you all in the house. It quiet unfortunate that APC in Lagos always like this. I don't see what is wrong visiting somebody. Every states have tasted change of party. Why Lagos still running under one person called Tinubu. I hate how Lagos former Governor influence the last election. I think is time to change for better by supporting good governance.

Re: Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:45am On Mar 24, 2019
nairavsdollars:
* Gov Elect Refuses To Visit, Acknowledge Support of Outgoing Governor

“In the spirit of sportsmanship, it is unfair for Sanwo-Olu not to acknowledge the role played by Ambode in his victory. Can you imagine that Sanwo-Olu has refused to pay him a courtesy visit since his victory? That is not how to play progressive politics.

https://www.independent.ng/lagos-apc-crisis-sanwo-olu-ambodes-rift-deepens/

It's no big deal Ambode did the same to Fashola!!!

As for avoiding Sanwo Olu, Ambode is simply avoiding a bite from a mad man grin grin you know, you can never tell when it will be grin grin grin

All in all when them go settle we no go dey there!

Good radiance to ...

Re: Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other by Lagosfinder(m): 10:45am On Mar 24, 2019
Is this really an issue?
Re: Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other by mrsage(m): 11:12am On Mar 24, 2019
Lagosfinder:
Is this really an issue?

Yes it is. There's something called smooth transition
Re: Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other by emmyreelz(m): 11:48am On Mar 24, 2019
Ambode the shy politician is now hiding his face. shame on you, your excellency.
Re: Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other by catalan15(m): 11:48am On Mar 24, 2019
RichBoy247:
We have kicked out the fat ugly idiot and his untrained and barren wife together with their foolish Biafran supporters. If the fat pig called Ambode does not take his time, we shall lock him up in prison and give the key of the prison to Tinubu to throw into Lagos lagoon.
You have spoken well...
Re: Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other by hisexcellency34: 12:43pm On Mar 24, 2019
Olodo. No, it's not

Lagosfinder:
Is this really an issue?
Re: Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other by HigherEd: 12:58pm On Mar 24, 2019
What goes around comes around I guess.
Ambode should be careful at this point. They can impeach him at anytime now if he does anyhow.
Lalasticlala

Re: Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 24, 2019
When will Nigeria be free from this bunch of greedy criminals?
Re: Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other by Preshy561(f): 1:50pm On Mar 24, 2019
RichBoy247:
Aren't you a very stupid fellow for making such comments?
How does your shabby smelly agbero governed Lagos concern Igbos now?
If Igbos start with you guys now, you will start weeping like a cry cry baby that they should leave your whatever state for you.
I've really watched you guys closely on this forum, you guys are always the ones looking for Igbo people's trouble by trying to lump them to your wanton show of stupidity and when they come dishing it hot, yo guys will run to your agbero saviour mc oluoma.
Learn to make your points without sounding like a pig.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other by Racoon(m): 1:59pm On Mar 24, 2019
Elections over the APC in-house power tussle continues
Re: Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other by Bilyonaire: 1:59pm On Mar 24, 2019
HigherEd:
What goes around comes around I guess.
Ambode should be careful at this point. They can impeach him at anytime now if he does anyhow.
Lalasticlala

Sir, I'm still awaiting your reply on some questions I asked you on a previous thread about Jubril from CU.
Re: Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other by crazyABO(m): 2:02pm On Mar 24, 2019
RichBoy247:
what some of u just post all in the name of 10mb that you have ehn

Boss Mustapha: Nigeria May Break Up, It Has Cracks / Oronto Douglas Is Dead (Jonathan's Aide) / Photos Of Soldiers At The Home Of Tamunosisi Gogo-Jack, Rivers Commissioner

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50