Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,119 members, 7,821,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? (18773 Views)

Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever / The Place Of Hiphop In Nigeria / Top 20 Reasons Why 2pac Is Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by dblock(m): 9:57am On Apr 29, 2007
Yes The game, respect the name
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by IBDat(m): 5:22pm On Apr 29, 2007
@mr me too - (Not really making sense out of yo post - probably cos i've got an hangover) Let me ask u these
- Pac wasn't a nuisance b4 he met Suge? - Childish n being a nuisance - don't argue that!
- Pac made history while in jail - I'm sure u know how.
Confused.com
I now need to understand what the argument of 'Overated Rapper' is based on, as u've even admitted that Pac is definitely is ill lyrist.

dblock:

Some folks here, don't know what rap is. Tupac Shakur was the begining of Modern rap. His only competition was Bad Boy(Puff Daddy and his crew) and Biggie smalls. Before Tupac's style of rapping, it was all old school(NWA and shit), Tupac created the Rap that we know today. Else we would still be listening to RUN DMC, NWA style rap. Fitey Cent isn't a Tupac. The greatest rappers ever are Tupac, Biggie smalls, Dr Dre and The Game. Good rap isn't speed or skill, it's a combination of both. Fitey cent is close, but isn't at that level. Bones Thugz n harmony, have got speed but there's no soul in their music, the Same goes for Twista, Busta Rhymes, Ludacris, Jadkiss etc. Tupac is to Rap as George washington is to the states. Listen to Dr Dre, Pac and Game and you'll understand.

Nas n Eminem needs to be added to that list,
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by mrmetoo(m): 7:29pm On Apr 29, 2007
Please what history did he make in jail? Yeah you're right he was childish and a nuisance in many cases. Thats the reason Janet Jackson changed her number after they did poetic justice together. Whatever you don't understand in my post lemme know. Hope u've sobered up tho'
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by Christino(m): 8:59pm On Apr 29, 2007
mr me too:

Please what history did he make in jail? Yeah you're right he was childish and a nuisance in many cases. Thats the reason Janet Jackson changed her number after they did poetic justice together. Whatever you don't understand in my post let me know. Hope u've sobered up tho'

Oga Me Too,

Pls i don't appreciate this example, is it the same JJ who went as far down into a high school kid like Timberlake? C'mon man, you just screwed the whole thread up! Mention Patra, Madonna and other ol chics, pac was a ladies man and i don't know if there was more to poetic justice dan just the movie, almost every lady wanted to screw him and i doubt JJ was an exception. cheesy

JJ like dat thing well well wink
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by mrmetoo(m): 6:35am On Apr 30, 2007
what do u mean i screwed the thread up? I was simply giving a situation whereby his childish aggression made a girl change her number. Obviously girls loved him doesn't mean every girl. You actually screwed it up, the only two women u could come up with for a whole 2Pac is Madonna & Patra.
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by dblock(m): 7:40am On Apr 30, 2007
Nas n Eminem needs to be added to that list,

Eminem maybe, Nas No!!.
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by Christino(m): 8:15am On Apr 30, 2007
@ Mr.

Now you see contradictions, the initial blogger said Tupac was very quiet,now you said Childish aggression, can someone be calm and at the same time aggressive? A thug is childish by default because an adult won't act like a thug but given the circumstances in which guys from the projects are raised, you can't but agree with what they turn out to be.

Ajegunle/Agege/Barrack boys are good examples of such.

Are you trying to cover up for Janet? What if they actually screwed? grin Jane's been a screwer from what i've seen in the past and i think a one night stand was good enough for her.

Jane changed her number because pac was childish (is she stupid?) I saw J.T. on punked and he fared no better than my 9 month old niece and he didn't only screw Janet, he got her all screwed up, bursting her boobs live on stage.

If you need a good example of decency versus Tupac forget Janet. We all know her, much respect but not that kind of person to bring up against Pac. What if i told you J.T. changed his number because of Janet (makes sense? NOPE!)Has nothing to do with topic.

A couple o' movies now the whole world's trying to screw me. . . (pac, ghetto gospel)

guess he was refering to your "Principled" JJ cheesy

Quit the unecessary hate man and come out Objective, those points hold no water.
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by PoDeep(m): 9:51am On Apr 30, 2007
Dblock, d game & eminem but not nas Son,u sure u a'ight?

3 Likes

Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by Adetife: 12:42pm On Apr 30, 2007
mr me too:

Please what history did he make in jail? Yeah you're right he was childish and a nuisance in many cases. Thats the reason Janet Jackson changed her number after they did poetic justice together. Whatever you don't understand in my post let me know. Hope u've sobered up tho'

I would assume it's the fact that he his the first n only person to have an albulm debut at number 1 while incarcerated - Thug Life grin

This thread is confusig, what exactly is the argument/accusation?

Po Deep:

LMFAO Nas should be number 1 (living artists that is)
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by PoDeep(m): 6:14pm On Apr 30, 2007
Thank u jö adetife, i think dblock's trippin' off some early mornin' chronic.
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by Tornadoz(m): 9:40pm On Apr 30, 2007
2pac Is The Most Overrated Rapper Alive
Stupid me I thought he was dead, ah what do I know.
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by IBDat(m): 10:43pm On Apr 30, 2007
Stupid u indeed, y don't u try reading previous posts next time instead of repeating shit!

Adetife:

I would assume it's the fact that he is the first n only person to have an albulm debut at number 1 while incarcerated - Thug Life grin
This thread is confusig, what exactly is the argument/accusation?
LMFAO Nas should be number 1 (living artists that is)

Thank you on all 3 points!!

@Me too - Deathrow was an extension of the streets nobody liked it there - fact- never argued that just wanted to get yo definition of being a gangstar and a thug - as initially u were claiming 2pac thug he was a gangstar, but when in fact all he claimed was thug life.
Madonna gave 2pac jail cred? Fact is if you're a star no prision system will put u in general population - no matter what stories u've heard know that as a fact.
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by mrmetoo(m): 1:45am On May 01, 2007
IBDat:

Stupid u indeed, y don't u try reading previous posts next time instead of repeating shit!

Thank you on all 3 points!!

@Me too - Deathrow was an extension of the streets nobody liked it there - fact- never argued that just wanted to get yo definition of being a gangstar and a thug - as initially u were claiming 2pac thug he was a gangstar, but when in fact all he claimed was thug life.
Madonna gave 2pac jail cred? Fact is if you're a star no prision system will put u in general population - no matter what stories u've heard know that as a fact.

R u KIDDING me? Tupac wasn't placed where everyone was placed? C'mon now. I thought u said u saw resurrection? I hate this argument because I love 2pac but all I've been trying to make ppl see was tupac was no thug or gangsta. Did u see him in jail? He looked like a scared puppy. There are even rumors going around he was raped in there (not saying its true) but if he was such a badass that won't even come up. 2pac was a lot of things but not that thug image he was trying to portray. I know a guy that can live and die for 2pac, in fact his nickname is Shakur because ppl have lied to him he looks like pac (he's my very close friend so no beef). Anyway even he said it that the whole thug image thing was nonsense. That is someone that wakes up with Pac and goes to bed with him. He was even the one that told me about the whole jail rape b4 I checked on the internet (he was sure it happened by the way). The whole thug image was one of the attributes 2pac possessed that made him have such a huge following.
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by mrmetoo(m): 1:51am On May 01, 2007
I guess I'm arguing under the wrong topic but the funny thing is the argument about him being what he portrayed has come up a lot lately in other forums I check and with my friends. So I guess my argument doesn't really flow with the topic
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by roflmao: 4:32am On May 01, 2007
mr me too:

I guess I'm arguing under the wrong topic but the funny thing is the argument about him being what he portrayed has come up a lot lately in other forums I check and with my friends. So I guess my argument doesn't really flow with the topic
I told you not to bother arguing with these shmucks who don't know jack shyt about rap. It's just preposterous seeing a so called rap fan make a list of top MC's and seeing laughable entries like Dr Dre, Game, and 50 Cent while Eminem just scrapes in, and Nas, Jay, Kool G, Rakim, KRS, and em don't feature! Pure comedy.

Just leave these clowns alone to keep listening to Black Face and their Rugged Man. I don't waste my time discussing with em cos they're allergic to researching stuffs and if you try shown em things their inferiority complex kicks in and they get emotional.

I'm out!
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by PoDeep(m): 5:19am On May 01, 2007
Lo j'àmàlà jö!
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by dblock(m): 6:46am On May 01, 2007
Po Deep:

I listened to that Nigga and I'm like, That's wack. Nas is along the lines of Kanye West and Lupie Fiasco. He's good but He's no legend. Eminem is better and that's a Fact. And you can't even mention the Game and Nas in the same sentence.
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by PoDeep(m): 8:26am On May 01, 2007
I was right, u're trippin' off dat cali green.
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by dblock(m): 8:35am On May 01, 2007
And you're comments are based on what?
Please stop comparing Legends with People you randomly hear on the radio. Nas is pretty good, but he isn't in the Top five greatest Rappers. Grand Master Flash, Ice Cube, Vannila Ice, Eazy E, Dj Quik, MC Eiht, Snoop Dogg, P Diddy, Lloyd Banks, Obie Trice, Young Buck, Lupie Fiasco, Kanye West, Are/were all good but they aren't legends. Tupac is a legend, listent to his music and you'll see that he doesn't just sing about how kids can become anything they want, unlike some people (I aint saying who). Rap is a way of life, and Tupac lived it, what Tupac achieved in 5 years, is more than what some of these rapers today will achieve in their whole life time.

Don't be a fan Boy, do your research. From a surviver to another. -------------Peace------------- wink
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by PoDeep(m): 8:49am On May 01, 2007
Now my screen's covered in purple.
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by PoDeep(m): 8:51am On May 01, 2007
2pac is a legend. Duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by talktimi(m): 3:14pm On May 01, 2007
Im not a rap artiste per say in that i dont have an y album out but i think i can beat my chest and say that although pac is a very good rapper , but compared to someone like biggy , naaaa biggy was by miles better. my own view though although u have to understand that all musicians have their own style which might work 4 them
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by Adetife: 4:23pm On May 01, 2007
True talk - now that u've said yo peace get-out!  angry

@me too - beg u read this http://www.streetgangs.com/topics/tupac/102595out.html as i'm lost with your argument.
Have u been to jail - imagine u going to jail let alone a superstar with gang ties?

@Dblock - STOP
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by Christino(m): 5:26pm On May 01, 2007
Guys i was out of this thread for good till i saw NAS' name being rubbed in the dirt.

When I saw LLoyd banks, the Game in the hall of fame i started wondering if i've been missing on tracks from the US of A.

For God's sake, the world's greatest lyricist alive is NAS and someone said he ain't shit.

Forget bout the pioneers, talk about the ones we were born with, i'll choose Pac, Big, Nas and MNM, for God's sake, i'll be tempted to think of Dre, DMX, BTNH, Uncle L, JayZ and a host of die hard rappers but to start thinking of peeps who came into the scene some weeks ago shocked

Guys, i know we kind of get carried away easily but let's not get our brains get carried away too cheesy

Naturally i'll Pick Kanye and Twista or even Obie before Lloyd Banks what he sings? music or mumusic?

And someone rubbed salt on injury saying there ain't no soul in BTNH's music? You had better explain that before i invite JB and HiTech put together to your house angry

If there ain't no soul in BTNH then who else gat that? Think of Nate Dogg as the only hip hop dude with 100% soul. Next is the BTNH, they rap quite alright but that's one of the few rapper(s) with melody. It's like singing fast RnB like the type you hear R.Kelly spit (of course when he raps, check out Best of Both Worlds if you don't understand)

Nate Dogg is not a rapper but when he sings fast, you'll understand what I mean. For References on BTNH, go listen to

Change the world
Cleveland
tha Crossroads
Notorious thugs feat B.I.G.

and jeez, if you haven't seen Biggie put lotsa soul in a track go check out

Sky's da limit
One more chance/ I'm F@#I#$# u 2nite cheesy

and for PAC, the subject of the thread, i ain't giving no references, if you say there ain't no soul in Pac's music, then the world's wrong grin

Guys, i love quality music, not just the lines but the soundtracks put 2gether, because without both, i ain't interested, don't know bout u.
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by Iman3(m): 5:33pm On May 01, 2007
2 Pac,like many deceased celebs,became the subject of exagerated glorification.When people die,the tendency is to paint them in the best liight possible.

However,when he was alive,he was one of the best

Nowadays,my best rappers are Nas,Bishop Lamont,Llyod Banks,Termanology,50 Cents
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by menike(m): 8:05am On May 02, 2007
This thread just sounds n' look stupid to me
I don't even think we should be replyin' all this crap  angry angry angry cool
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by dblock(m): 8:05am On May 02, 2007
@Dblock - STOP
Why stop, when I can Go wink

Nas is in the second Tier of Rap Legends, you cannot compare him with the people that most likely inspired him.
Without Tupac and Dr Dre, Rap would be shit. Nas probably wouldn't be in the scene, there'd be no fitey, no game no snoop, no eminem, no Nate, Obie.

I'll proabbly be called a Drugie for saying this but without Tupac, Dre Dre and Biggie, Most people here would be listening to Country Music and Jazz.
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by acidrop(f): 8:14am On May 02, 2007
he is sooooooo not undecided
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by umarguy(m): 6:28pm On May 02, 2007
Well, overrated or not, d guy is immortal jst lyk biggie is 2. For many pple and rappers to talk abt d guy almost 11yrs after his death says it all.
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by ThugLife1(m): 10:21pm On Jul 05, 2008
This post is funny?
Pac is overrated cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by mtvlovic: 11:35pm On Jul 05, 2008
na lie
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by mtvlovic: 11:36pm On Jul 05, 2008
na lie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tems Gets Two Grammy nominations At 2023 Grammys / Motherland (area Acoustic) - Sound Sultan, Lyrics / Sir Victor Olaiya - Baby Jowo Remix Ft 2face [Video Download]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.