Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

2019 Election: Oshiomole Vs Secondus Who Is More Successful? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Election: Oshiomole Vs Secondus Who Is More Successful? (4460 Views)

Old Naira: Buhari, Emefiele Not Relevant After Presidential Election - Oshiomole / Don't Run Against Me In 2019 Election, Buhari Begs Nigerian Youths / See What Buhari Is Taking With Him To Daura If He Loses 2019 Election - Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019 Election: Oshiomole Vs Secondus Who Is More Successful? by ngadaAwo: 4:23pm On Mar 24, 2019
who is more successful among this two party chairman in just concluded elections in the following;

1. Party success across the nation

2. Party member unification

things to consider

-party strength - grassroots, federal might and the rest

-funds - campaign funds sources and other financial aspects.

please let's debate objectively
no insults or derail please

Thanks

cc

Lalasticlala mynd44
Re: 2019 Election: Oshiomole Vs Secondus Who Is More Successful? by ngadaAwo: 4:24pm On Mar 24, 2019
smiley

my submission

secondus was more successful than Oshiomole judging from the recent outcome and the resources at his disposal.

FROM SOUTHEAST : APC currently does not have any state in southeast and very very weak in the region
they used to be strong in Imo state until Rochas was defeated along with apc candidate Hope uzodimma that put to the end of APC in South East thanks to Oshiomole who saw to that.

FROM SOUTH WEST : PDP is gradually eating deep into apc dominated region which is South West
prior to the regime of Adams
Pdp only boasted of one state which was ekiti but fast forward to the regime of Adams
Pdp are now eating deep by currently ruling oyo state and on the verge of taking osun state which is considered a very old apc state.

FROM THE NORTH : This is where APC failed woefully
apart from kwara state
all the states that defected to pdp last year are being retained by pdp
also additionally pdp was able to snatch Bauchi and adamawa
that's to me a great feat for pdp in this election.

SOUTH SOUTH : APC lost rivers even before election and currently technically dead in rivers as a whole
as for other SS except Edo it's no go area for them
even in Edo state which is the home state of Adams pdp won some national assembly seats there.

PARTY MEMBER UNIFICATION:
how secondus managed that i can't still tell unlike Adams that set everything on fire under discipline level
nope that's not politics
politics is more than talking tough it's about diplomacy and building bridges
that's the area Adams didn't understand and it cost apc alot
trust me expect more court firing in the future because most states are still in leadership crisis and imposition by Adams.

RESOURCES : even though apc has a full war chest at their disposal they still struggle
unlimited funds
federal might
and others
unlike pdp that has limited resources.

submission:
secondus performed better than Oshiomole
apc was stronger during oyegun tenure.

cc

Lalasticlala

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019 Election: Oshiomole Vs Secondus Who Is More Successful? by B1ak3: 4:26pm On Mar 24, 2019
secondus is always second

9 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Oshiomole Vs Secondus Who Is More Successful? by Amuocha: 4:28pm On Mar 24, 2019
Uche Secondus is better than Oshiomole and Tinubu put together grin

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Election: Oshiomole Vs Secondus Who Is More Successful? by jumper524(m): 4:28pm On Mar 24, 2019
oshiomole- no 1 position (mancity) EPL
secondus-no 17 position (Sunderland) league 2

17 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Oshiomole Vs Secondus Who Is More Successful? by Obainoneandonly(m): 4:29pm On Mar 24, 2019
I will say 50-50 based on d States they each control.... but if its based on party unity I will give it to secondus....osho baba messed things up on dat aspect.....the hand writing is already on d wall,d party might not survive after d next election (2023)

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Election: Oshiomole Vs Secondus Who Is More Successful? by McCoy662(m): 4:31pm On Mar 24, 2019
secondus won additional states why Oshomole lost some states. in summary, secondus is more successful even without federal might.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Election: Oshiomole Vs Secondus Who Is More Successful? by Alezy(m): 4:35pm On Mar 24, 2019
McCoy662:
secondus won additional states why Oshomole lost some states.
in summary, secondus is more successful even without federal might.
and secondus has more brains when it comes to party unity than oshomole

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019 Election: Oshiomole Vs Secondus Who Is More Successful? by backnbeta(f): 4:39pm On Mar 24, 2019
Success is relative

Osho was able to facilitate massive rigging Nationwide, but he has stepped on so many toes within his party.

Secondus came second in the whole process, but I believe there is more peace within his party

APC will likely break into 3 or even more for 2023, PDP will likely come out stronger.

Conclusion: Osho should enjoy his cheap popularity while it lasts...he's a slimy snake.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: Oshiomole Vs Secondus Who Is More Successful? by muykem: 4:42pm On Mar 24, 2019
One gold is better than 10 silver .

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Election: Oshiomole Vs Secondus Who Is More Successful? by FearGodinall: 4:43pm On Mar 24, 2019
Op you wicked,how you con dey compare a pastor with a cultist on how to live a responsible life. Seven up.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Oshiomole Vs Secondus Who Is More Successful? by ngadaAwo: 5:03pm On Mar 24, 2019
McCoy662:
secondus won additional states why Oshomole lost some states.
in summary, secondus is more successful even without federal might.
you are so correct

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Oshiomole Vs Secondus Who Is More Successful? by buhariguy(m): 5:11pm On Mar 24, 2019
muykem:
That is the conclusion of the whole story, in a medals table, one gold medal top 100 silver, and apc even has more silvers(states).

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: Oshiomole Vs Secondus Who Is More Successful? by Indispensable85(m): 5:16pm On Mar 24, 2019
Oshiomhole has it no sentiments about this. Once your party holds power in Aso rock it's a great advantage. That's where all the powers are concentrated. It's like comparing 50 silver medals to one gold medal in Olympics. The country with the one gold medal will surely come before the one with 50 gold medals on the table. President is everything in Nigeria. I'm not sure oyegun would've been able to return Buhari. oshiomhole played a huge role in that feat.

6 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Oshiomole Vs Secondus Who Is More Successful? by ngadaAwo: 5:33pm On Mar 24, 2019
[s]
CapoDTuttiCapi:
ngadaAwo the babalawo.

Hope you are coping with your election loss?

How have you been, my Kebbi friend.
Re: 2019 Election: Oshiomole Vs Secondus Who Is More Successful? by mybestlove(m): 5:38pm On Mar 24, 2019
Oshiomole achieved absolutely nothing. There's no state APC won without malpractice, even as the ruling party.
Secondus and PDP are the opposition and have reclaimed many states and seats from APC, the bloodletting party

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Election: Oshiomole Vs Secondus Who Is More Successful? by Lamasta(m): 5:51pm On Mar 24, 2019
Without sentiment I will give it to Secondus even with the limited resources at His disposal He has been able to bring unity across the grassroots and state levels imagine when Atiku clinched the Presidential ticket one would have expected some bigwigs to leave the party or cause commotions but with his wisdom he has been able to manage everything peacefully which is the reason PDP is reclaiming lost territories now...
Secondus is second to none.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Election: Oshiomole Vs Secondus Who Is More Successful? by Realist2: 5:53pm On Mar 24, 2019
Oshiomole is a thug and tyrant while Seconddus is a perfect gentleman with brain. Give Oshiomole 1more year he will buried APC, what's sustaining Oshiomole now is Buhari. Seconddus is a unifier he has not made one enemy within his party while in the case of Oshiomole all former governors are waiting to roast him.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Election: Oshiomole Vs Secondus Who Is More Successful? by yuanexchanger: 6:19pm On Mar 24, 2019
hmmm.waiting for replies....
Re: 2019 Election: Oshiomole Vs Secondus Who Is More Successful? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 24, 2019
Oshiomole has my vote... He has been able to instill discipline in APC governors and candidates and ensured the party remains supreme and bigger than any individual... If you don't perform, you won't get the party's ticket... This is the guiding philosophy of APC... it's a pro-people, pro-performance party and Oshiomole understands that you win election by performing well in government... That was how he was able to win Edo state a second time, ensured APC remain in Edo state after him and I can stake 100k with any loud mouth here that APC will still win Edo come 2020...

It is only a rotten party like PDP that will field thieves like Atiku and Ikpeazu in Abia who has turned the state into a heap of refuse... PDP has powerful individuals who are bigger than the party...hence, their success is only transient... too many powerful individuals caused the party to break in 2015 and many of them rushed to ride on Buhari's popularity... 2019 is not any different... Wike, Kwankwaso, Okowa (Ibori) and many of them in PDP feel they're bigger than the party... so they won't perform and they'll still be sure of getting their ticket or installing their own candidates (not the popular choice of people)...

Oshiomole brought direct primaries... this direct primaries will deepen democracy in APC and cause majority of APC elected politicians to perform...

What has Secondus brought? Same culture of impunity and forced representation where money can buy you any seat you desire...

Oshiomole has the strategy and it will work long term... Secondus has nothing new to offer and this will cause PDP to suffer damages long term.

11 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Oshiomole Vs Secondus Who Is More Successful? by ngadaAwo: 6:35pm On Mar 24, 2019
[s]
BlackAfrican:
Oshiomole has my vote... He has been able to instill discipline in APC governors and candidates and ensured the party remains supreme and bigger than any individual... If you don't perform, you won't get the party's ticket... This is the guiding philosophy of APC... it's a pro-people, pro-performance party and Oshiomole understands that you win election by performing well in government... That was how he was able to win Edo state a second time, ensured APC remain in Edo state after him and I can stake 100k with any loud mouth here that APC will still win Edo come 2020...

It is only a rotten party like PDP that will field thieves like Atiku and Ikpeazu in Abia who has turned the state into a heap of refuse... PDP has powerful individuals who are bigger than the party...hence, their success is only transient... too many powerful individuals caused the party to break in 2015 and many of them rushed to ride on Buhari's popularity... 2019 is not any different... Wike, Kwankwaso, Okowa (Ibori) and many of them in PDP feel they're bigger than the party... so they won't perform and they'll still be sure of getting their ticket or installing their own candidates (not the popular choice of people)...

Oshiomole brought direct primaries... this direct primaries will deepen democracy in APC and cause majority of APC elected politicians to perform...

What has Secondus brought? Same culture of impunity and forced representation where money can buy you any seat you desire...

Oshiomole has the strategy and it will work long term... Secondus has nothing new to offer and this will cause PDP to suffer damages long term.
[/s]
what a claptrap

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: Oshiomole Vs Secondus Who Is More Successful? by ngadaAwo: 6:38pm On Mar 24, 2019
lalasticlala worthy debate
Re: 2019 Election: Oshiomole Vs Secondus Who Is More Successful? by FearGodinall: 6:52pm On Mar 24, 2019
If you don't perform, you won't get the party's ticket... This is the guiding philosophy of APC... it's a pro-people, pro-performance party. Can you relate what you wrote here to Ambode case in Lagos or you actually mean he couldn't get the party's ticket because he under preformed but Bindow,Yari could have it. Your narative is among the seven wonders of the earth.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Oshiomole Vs Secondus Who Is More Successful? by ourkobo: 7:57pm On Mar 24, 2019
muykem:

Yes

*One gold is better than 10 silver.*

But if 10 silver can give me more money than 1 gold when sold...

Then.. I will chose 10 silver. cool cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: Oshiomole Vs Secondus Who Is More Successful? by ORIENTATION101: 8:08pm On Mar 24, 2019
ngadaAwo:
smiley

my submission

secondus was more successful than Oshiomole judging from the recent outcome and the resources at his disposal.

FROM SOUTHEAST : APC currently does not have any state in southeast and very very weak in the region
they used to be strong in Imo state until Rochas was defeated along with apc candidate Hope uzodimma that put to the end of APC in South East thanks to Oshiomole who saw to that.

FROM SOUTH WEST : PDP is gradually eating deep into apc dominated region which is South West
Pdp only boasted of one state which was ekiti but fast forward to the regime of Adams
Pdp are now eating deep by currently ruling oyo state and on the verge of taking osun state which is considered a very old apc state.

apart from kwara state

SOUTH SOUTH : APC lost rivers even before election and currently technically dead in rivers as a whole
even in Edo state which is the home state of Adams pdp won some national assembly seats there.

how secondus managed that i can't still tell unlike Adams that set everything on fire under discipline level
nope that's not politics
trust me expect more court firing in the future because most states are still in leadership crisis and imposition by Adams.

RESOURCES : even though apc has a full war chest at their disposal they still struggle
unlimited funds
federal might
and others

submission:

cc

Lalasticlala
sorry pdp lost gombe, kwara,woefully .in north.
Apc lost bauchi and adamawa. Narrowly which means apc will retain the states if pdp elected govs dont perfom up to expectations

5 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Oshiomole Vs Secondus Who Is More Successful? by ettahbaby: 8:15pm On Mar 24, 2019
Re: 2019 Election: Oshiomole Vs Secondus Who Is More Successful? by ORIENTATION101: 8:17pm On Mar 24, 2019
ngadaAwo:
who is more successful among this two party chairman in just concluded elections in the following;

1. Party success across the nation

2. Party member unification

things to consider

-party strength - grassroots, federal might and the rest

-funds - campaign funds sources and other financial aspects.

please let's debate objectively
no insults or derail please

Thanks

cc

Lalasticlala mynd44
straight to ur answer.secondus has nothing to do with pdp victory in

Oyo
Bauchi
Imo
Adamawa

It was a massive revolt by the people against their govs. Pdp was the beneficiary and the election was a narrow escape.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: Oshiomole Vs Secondus Who Is More Successful? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 24, 2019
ngadaAwo:
[/s]
[s]what a claptrap

Joblessness is a disease

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Oshiomole Vs Secondus Who Is More Successful? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 24, 2019
Amuocha:
Uche Secondus is better than Oshiomole and Tinubu put together grin

I think oshiomole is better than any flattron dead or alive grin

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Oshiomole Vs Secondus Who Is More Successful? by Bimpe29: 9:21pm On Mar 24, 2019
You nail it. �
ngadaAwo:
smiley

my submission

apart from kwara state

nope that's not politics

unlimited funds
federal might
and others

submission:

cc

Lalasticlala

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Easter: Our Tomorrow Shall Be Better, Ikpeazu Assures Abians / Face Of Boko Haram Operational Commander (pic) / Kanu Is Big, But I Never Knew How Big He Is Until Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.