Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,483 members, 7,812,496 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Trending: A Job Seeker Changed The TV Station To Big Brother Nigeria(photo) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Trending: A Job Seeker Changed The TV Station To Big Brother Nigeria(photo) (5355 Views)

Path To Big 4: A Course that Eases Getting Jobs in PwC, KPMG, Deloitte, EY / 4 Shocking Facts About Lying On Your CV Every Job Seeker Should Know / Ordeals Of A Nigerian Job Seeker In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trending: A Job Seeker Changed The TV Station To Big Brother Nigeria(photo) by higherpower: 8:53am On Mar 25, 2019
This has been trending so far! How a chap who went for an interview changed the TV station to BBN.
Have your say. If you were the interviewer, what would you do?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trending: A Job Seeker Changed The TV Station To Big Brother Nigeria(photo) by Bizmagnet: 8:59am On Mar 25, 2019
He simply showed the contents of his passion. He shouldn't be nailed completely.

Your business and ideas are more vital than you think. Don't localize your vision. Get your website/blog/software today. Check my signature for contacts.

5 Likes

Re: Trending: A Job Seeker Changed The TV Station To Big Brother Nigeria(photo) by jericco1(m): 10:37am On Mar 25, 2019
thou one just shot him/herself on the foot

1 Like

Re: Trending: A Job Seeker Changed The TV Station To Big Brother Nigeria(photo) by ikechemez(m): 11:18am On Mar 25, 2019
Was he supposed to be watching something that of no interest to him?. After all the TV was strategically placed there to entertain visitors

26 Likes

Re: Trending: A Job Seeker Changed The TV Station To Big Brother Nigeria(photo) by fagbohun4j(m): 11:20am On Mar 25, 2019
F9....... Imagine working where you will always drag the remote with a fellow female worker. If it's not bb9ja, it is telemundo or zeeworld. Ask them anything about CNN or BBC, dem go dey look like lucozade.

4 Likes

Re: Trending: A Job Seeker Changed The TV Station To Big Brother Nigeria(photo) by Binikingdowm: 11:49am On Mar 25, 2019
So?
Re: Trending: A Job Seeker Changed The TV Station To Big Brother Nigeria(photo) by Famoustemmy(m): 11:57am On Mar 25, 2019
Auto lost... LA watch LA pursue from LA reception
Re: Trending: A Job Seeker Changed The TV Station To Big Brother Nigeria(photo) by tstx(m): 12:01pm On Mar 25, 2019
Smh

See my signature, i build websites and I am based in Abuja
Re: Trending: A Job Seeker Changed The TV Station To Big Brother Nigeria(photo) by santavonna: 12:17pm On Mar 25, 2019
higherpower:
This has been trending so far! How a chap who went for an interview changed the TV station to BBN.
Have your say. If you were the interviewer, what would you do? Click Here For More Detail

1 Like

Re: Trending: A Job Seeker Changed The TV Station To Big Brother Nigeria(photo) by Gulher: 12:43pm On Mar 25, 2019
I didn't know that tv interests is now part of the qualifications for a job.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trending: A Job Seeker Changed The TV Station To Big Brother Nigeria(photo) by rocoh(m): 1:31pm On Mar 25, 2019
Does it subtract from his ability to do the job?

6 Likes

Re: Trending: A Job Seeker Changed The TV Station To Big Brother Nigeria(photo) by iammo(m): 2:21pm On Mar 25, 2019
Nigerian Bosses and recruiters always focusing on irrelevance, this is why many company hardly last the 5 years mark. They would rather pick 1St class or 2.1 grad who they are not sure of their skills set that can help contribute to the business growth over Actually texting the ability of other grades. In a country with over 40% unemployment rate the bosses shortlist candidates based on meaningless criteria.

When American Army are recruiting capable people even if they have a tatoo or not as tall as iroko tree, The Nigerian Army would send away the real people with combative ability because of tatoo and average height and end up with questionable soldiers.

7 Likes

Re: Trending: A Job Seeker Changed The TV Station To Big Brother Nigeria(photo) by Biggty(m): 2:23pm On Mar 25, 2019
Their is nothing bad in what he did, he was simply keeping himself entertained

2 Likes

Re: Trending: A Job Seeker Changed The TV Station To Big Brother Nigeria(photo) by Raydos: 2:53pm On Mar 25, 2019
Wetin thst one con mean ??

Make he put am for channel dey watch buhari lifeless body Abi? ?
Re: Trending: A Job Seeker Changed The TV Station To Big Brother Nigeria(photo) by GlorifiedTunde(m): 3:28pm On Mar 25, 2019
What if he's the best fit for the job?

It could be a media/publicity job that requires social currency also.

And if not, it could be taken as an act of boldness and initiative undecided undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Trending: A Job Seeker Changed The TV Station To Big Brother Nigeria(photo) by pek(m): 3:34pm On Mar 25, 2019
iammo:
Nigerian Bosses and recruiters always focusing on irrelevance, this is why many company hardly last the 5 years mark. They would rather pick 1St class or 2.1 grad who they are not sure of their skills set that can help contribute to the business growth over Actually texting the ability of other grades. In a country with over 40% unemployment rate the bosses shortlist candidates based on meaningless criterias.

When American Army are recruiting capable people even if they have a tatoo or not as tall as iroko tree, The Nigerian Army would send away the real people with combative ability because of tatoo and average height and end up with questionable soldiers.

criterion- singular
criteria- plural
Nothing like criterias

2 Likes

Re: Trending: A Job Seeker Changed The TV Station To Big Brother Nigeria(photo) by Ay04z(m): 3:47pm On Mar 25, 2019
Funny ... But if am the boss. Will still give him the chance if he pass the interview. He will be employed. But naija. Small tin u re disqualified.
We don't act real here we fake everything.
We re still very behind

2 Likes

Re: Trending: A Job Seeker Changed The TV Station To Big Brother Nigeria(photo) by ikbnice(m): 4:01pm On Mar 25, 2019
I think he should be hired if he surely have passion for excellence. It means he would do anything to achieve his passion irrespective of the circumstances. He is not a pretender.
Na naija we dey, where you will be expected to even undergo inhuman treatment just because you want to be employed.
I read sometimes here when someone was disqualified because she had an iPhone.
Must we look hungry or behave like slaves just because we want a job?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trending: A Job Seeker Changed The TV Station To Big Brother Nigeria(photo) by genabc(m): 4:21pm On Mar 25, 2019
Lol....he was watching big brother naija while the real Big Brother was watching him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trending: A Job Seeker Changed The TV Station To Big Brother Nigeria(photo) by GambaOsaka: 5:18pm On Mar 25, 2019
All these people accusing the boss are the reason why Nigeria and Africa has remained backwards.
Shows the level of unseriousness and lackadaisical attitude we have in a professional environment.

If you like quote me and talk nonsense, na small pikin dey worry you. Hunger never waya you because you still get uncle or aunty wey dey send 5k and 10k every month.

Big brother, Telemundo, Football.... at the workplace..

Nonsense
What rubbish of the highest order. Na so one dey tell person wey dey interview am say '' You smell nice''.
LAST LAST DEM GO SAY NA BUHARI CAUSE AM.

6 Likes

Re: Trending: A Job Seeker Changed The TV Station To Big Brother Nigeria(photo) by Viking007(m): 5:22pm On Mar 25, 2019
Gulher:
You read such nonsense only in Nigeria.
Re: Trending: A Job Seeker Changed The TV Station To Big Brother Nigeria(photo) by higherpower: 7:27pm On Mar 25, 2019
GambaOsaka:
All these people accusing the boss are the reason why Nigeria and Africa has remained backwards.
Shows the level of unseriousness and lackadaisical attitude we have in a professional environment.

If you like quote me and talk nonsense, na small pikin dey worry you. Hunger never waya you because you still get uncle or aunty wey dey send 5k and 10k every month.

Very correct.

Big brother, Telemundo, Football.... at the workplace..

Nonsense
What rubbish of the highest order. Na so one dey tell person wey dey interview am say '' You smell nice''.
LAST LAST DEM GO SAY NA BUHARI CAUSE AM.
Re: Trending: A Job Seeker Changed The TV Station To Big Brother Nigeria(photo) by Samyj247: 8:34pm On Mar 25, 2019
abeg de guy do well...na who interview help. after the interview sef getting d job is not guaranteed
Re: Trending: A Job Seeker Changed The TV Station To Big Brother Nigeria(photo) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 25, 2019
No serious-minded person watches that nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Trending: A Job Seeker Changed The TV Station To Big Brother Nigeria(photo) by stanisbaratheon: 9:31pm On Mar 25, 2019
So he should watch cartoon network?
Re: Trending: A Job Seeker Changed The TV Station To Big Brother Nigeria(photo) by harley88(m): 9:34pm On Mar 25, 2019
I don't even think someone going for an interview has any business with the remote to the TV. If he didn't like CNN he could have pressed his phone or done something else to but certainly not changing the TV to Big brother

4 Likes

Re: Trending: A Job Seeker Changed The TV Station To Big Brother Nigeria(photo) by SOFTDRINK: 10:18pm On Mar 25, 2019
So because somebody is looking for a job, he should not watch TV again ?

These Nigerian recruiters are always forming demi-gods cos of lack of jobs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trending: A Job Seeker Changed The TV Station To Big Brother Nigeria(photo) by Fidelismaria: 10:31pm On Mar 25, 2019
Nothing concern me

Check my signature

Na wetin concern me be that
Re: Trending: A Job Seeker Changed The TV Station To Big Brother Nigeria(photo) by Martinez39(m): 11:25pm On Mar 25, 2019
SOFTDRINK:
So because somebody is looking for a job, he should not watch TV again ?

These Nigerian recruiters are always forming demi-gods cos of lack of jobs.
grin I remember a story of someone not given a job because he had an expensive phone. grin

Enjoying BBN does not mean he can do the job.
Re: Trending: A Job Seeker Changed The TV Station To Big Brother Nigeria(photo) by Nobody: 1:18am On Mar 26, 2019
thank you!
ikechemez:
Was he supposed to be watching something that of no interest to him?. After all the TV was strategically placed there to entertain visitors
Re: Trending: A Job Seeker Changed The TV Station To Big Brother Nigeria(photo) by Alexious(m): 2:11am On Mar 26, 2019
pek:
criterion- singular
criteria- plural
Nothing like criterias
They cannot spend time to develop themselves and be better in the basics of such as u pointed above but are quick to type in support of things that adds no value to their mental development and problem solving skills.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trending: A Job Seeker Changed The TV Station To Big Brother Nigeria(photo) by femi4: 6:47am On Mar 26, 2019
Gulher:
Only in Nigeria, you must behave like a robot when you go for job interview

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adron Homes And Properties Limited Salary Structure / Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company HSE Officers Selection Test. / Nigerian Army Recruitment Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.