Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,172 members, 7,829,188 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region (14357 Views)

Underdevelopment In Africa: Use Your Brain Now Or Perish - Melie Onyejepu / Governor Ikpeazu Blames Nnamdi Kanu For Underdevelopment In Abia State / "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by tiredoflife(m): 12:40pm On Mar 25, 2019
raumdeuter:

Lagos airport was built during World war 2 in the 40s and renamed Murtala airport by FGN in the 70s

There was no oil money in the 40s when airport was built

Apapa seaport has been since the 1800 before oil was discovered

Railway
The British government began construction of a railway from Lagos Colony to Ibadan in March 1896. The Lagos Government Railway began operations in March 1901 and was extended to Minna in 1911, where it met the Baro–Kano Railway that was built by the government of Northern Nigeria between 1907 and 1911. The two lines were amalgamated in 1912 into the Government Department of Railways, the predecessor to the Nigerian Railway Corporation. The railway reached its northeastern terminus of Nguru in 1930

Carter bridge in Lagos was built in 1901 before the discovery of oil

In all these your half truths
No oil money
Yet palm oil was the money spinner from the south south
Why was jaja of opobo dethroned
You no history so well but forgot the south borrowed the north money when they couldn't generate enough to take care of their region
Google is here
Go look for the revenue coming from the south south
Palm oil runs the British colony even your Lagos
No be today una be parasite to the Niger delta

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by kernel001: 12:44pm On Mar 25, 2019
raumdeuter:

Lagos airport was built during World war 2 in the 40s and renamed Murtala airport by FGN in the 70s

There was no oil money in the 40s when airport was built

Apapa seaport has been since the 1800 before oil was discovered

Railway
The British government began construction of a railway from Lagos Colony to Ibadan in March 1896. The Lagos Government Railway began operations in March 1901 and was extended to Minna in 1911, where it met the Baro–Kano Railway that was built by the government of Northern Nigeria between 1907 and 1911. The two lines were amalgamated in 1912 into the Government Department of Railways, the predecessor to the Nigerian Railway Corporation. The railway reached its northeastern terminus of Nguru in 1930

Carter bridge in Lagos was built in 1901 before the discovery of oil

Look I don't need to argue with you, I simply need to show the world documents from Nigerian government agencies that has the details.

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 25, 2019
Ejimagift:

We built Lagos with our sweat not federal government. Ogun, oyo and Ondo are far ahead of the south south and east

Chisos, Chisos.
Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by Olumyco(m): 12:49pm On Mar 25, 2019
kernel001:

All the infrastructures I'm going to mention now were built by Federal Government, I challenge you to disclaim any them.

Airport
Seaport
Bridges
Roads
Rails
All Ministry headquarters
Lagos state government house

Please which one did your state government build?

Secondly, I will challenge you to travel outside Lagos, go to the East or South, you will never mention states with mud houses in their capital as progressive.

Then for ministries

Jakande built the government building that houses all the State Government ministries during his time as the military Governor of lagos State.

Also for your information Lagos Television (LTV), LASU, Lagos Radio, Lagos State Govt., Assembly Complex, low cost houses at surulere, abesan, ikorodu, iba, badagry etc, VI/Epe road and so on were achieved by Jakande.

Lagos has potential for growth right from time and many of her Governors has really tried may be except Olagunsoye Oyinlola.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by kernel001: 12:50pm On Mar 25, 2019
deomelo:

Another ignorant assertion that the FG developed Lagos State.

Akwa ibom is the richest state in Nigeria, Delta State is the largest debtor state in Nigeria after Lagos, they collect many times more allocation and igr than Osun state and owe almost double what Osun owe, but Osun state still delivered more infrastructures than the whole of SS and even SE combined.

Face your issues in your village and useless leaders and stop measuring d1ck with the SW.

Arguing with a troll robot with no self knowledge isn't productive, outside what's been programmed within it capacity it's useless.

Osun state that still contain mud houses in the capital, a state I visited 4 to 5 times last year. Please if Osun has done well, why did the people want to vote out Aregbesola's puppet? It took remote control from the vegetable to save the indebted state from explosion.
Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by Nobody: 12:50pm On Mar 25, 2019
deomelo:

Another ignorant assertion that the FG developed Lagos State.

Akwa ibom is the richest state in Nigeria, Delta State is the largest debtor state in Nigeria after Lagos, they collect many times more allocation and igr than Osun state and owe almost double what Osun owe, but Osun state still delivered more infrastructures than the whole of SS and even SE combined.

Face your issues in your village and useless leaders and stop measuring d1ck with the SW.

This one is ignorantly ignorant.
Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by dhestiney(m): 12:51pm On Mar 25, 2019
Ubenedictus:
Clearly he is not from edo state, how many roads in benin city were anything to write about b4 osho? in the entire state how many roads did igbenedion do. That excuse was the worst, wat mamy water stopped him from doing road.
funy thing is igbenedio left empty coffers and osho even borrowed to make edo even seem like anything to write about, something he was trying to manage in his 2nd term. can u remember how waste and rubbish was handled during igbenedion. benin was an ancient city that could even handle waste, wat abt intra city transport was it not just bike?
abeg i no fit talk.
thank you bro. I got tired of quoting that guy. Oshiomole himself had his lapses but he is still by far the best edo state has had since 1999

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by kernel001: 12:55pm On Mar 25, 2019
Olumyco:

Then for ministries

Jakande built the government building that houses all the State Government ministries during his time as the military Governor of lagos State.

Also for your information Lagos Television (LTV), LASU, Lagos Radio, Lagos State Govt., Assembly Complex, low cost houses at surulere, abesan, ikorodu, iba, badagry etc, VI/Epe road and so on were achieved by Jakande.

Lagos has potential for growth right from time and many of her Governors has really tried may be except Olagunsoye Oyinlola.

There's no state after investing much heavy infrastructures like Lagos that wouldn't attract people or investors.
Example who goes to Abuja till it was made capital, government invested heavily to make it whatever it is today, not the people of Abuja.

Also... You can't send your child to Ivy league university, and he wouldn't do better than his peers in regular university.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by maasoap(m): 1:07pm On Mar 25, 2019
jrusky:
Don't lament bro ask Oshio the humanape crossbreed to explain because instead for him to be looking for way the federal govt will better his state and his region he is busy rigging election everywhere carrying the wizard broom around with nothing to show for it.

Obaseki I like you but I hate your party with passion.

And that's why political office holders under the platform of PDP are treating you guys like poor pigs because they know you have limited your options. PDP since 1999 without tangible developments

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 25, 2019
Ejimagift:
Instead of the vermins in the south south and east to hold their leader accountable, they will keep having nightmares over Tinubu. Keep electing PDP and expect development in your region. Clowns

Outside Lagos that you all claim to come from

What does the rest of the Sw look like?
Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by BillgatesMaigad(m): 1:17pm On Mar 25, 2019
Is Nigeria a developed nation?

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by Olumyco(m): 1:25pm On Mar 25, 2019
kernel001:

Almost all fore mentioned projects are proposed. That means Lagos would have had just one bridge, the Lekki Bridge.

And whatever gains Lagos, has gotten is because of the investment of the Federal government towards infrastructural development.

It's wrong for a Yoruba in the course of discussion to tell any Nigerian from any part to go back to there region, because the resources used in developing Lagos comes from Niger Delta. Till today, Lagos still enjoy huge federal allocation.

Lagos didn't develop in the adsence of many aids coming from a part of the South, that's my point.

Well for overhead bridges we have Okota-Itire link bridge built by Fashola...

Other military Governors too built Overhead bridges like
Johnson Mobolaji constructed the Itoikin bridge, falomo bridge...... then also built Bagagry express road and the ikorodu road. Jakande built the Lekki road, isolo fly over bridge, yaba fly over, thousands of low cost housing units, LASU etc. Mudashiru built housing units, ikorodu road, abeokuta motor road etc, Marwa built jakande road, agidingbi road, the house of assembly complex etc. Tinubu built agege motor rd, itire road, ikotun-igando rd

So many roads built by these Governors.

See to me in one word Lagos development is sole orchestrated by the Governors of Lagos State. From the military governors to the civilians ones.
So its not FG. I hope you get my brother. Lagos is for everyone in Nigeria and such development could happen anywhere in Nigeria. Look at Uyo, Akpabio really tried there and Udom too is trying. The duo has completely transformed Uyo and today to me after Abuja and Lagos, Uyo is next in terms of development. My prayers is that God will bless all Nigerian States with sincere and visionary Governors.

Then as regards FG ALLOCATION and resources from Niger Delta... you are not correct Sir. Lagos Survived on its own during Tinubu's time without allocation from FG for some time because of the rift btw Tinubu and Obasanjo. Infact that was when it was discovered that Lagos could stand alone as a true state.

See Lagos is under western region... Western Region was developed thru Agriculture.... Cocoa and co. Then now Lagos has the largest economical activities in Africa. Lagos is the financial hub of Africa so nothing like resources from Niger Delta

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by deomelo: 1:25pm On Mar 25, 2019
kernel001:

Arguing with a troll robot with no self knowledge isn't productive, outside what's been programmed within it capacity it's useless.

Osun state that still contain mud houses in the capital, a state I visited 4 to 5 times last year. Please if Osun has done well, why did the people want to vote out Aregbesola's puppet? It took remote control from the vegetable to save the indebted state from explosion.

Coming from ignorant ipob troll who just asserted that the industrial estates packed up.

Is Ikeja industrial still not the most productive industrial estate in Nigeria, what about Matori, Mushin, Ilupeju, Apapa and Oluyole, do you mind listing which one of them packed up?

You Igbos are just too ignorant for your own good.

In fact, when Awo was building industrial estates, what was useless ZIK and your village leaders in the Eastern region doing? Exactly what was achieved that's even still standing today in the SE? Nothing.

Again, your problem is ignorant as usual.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by OAUTemitayo: 1:26pm On Mar 25, 2019
kernel001:

It's unfortunate that people without knowledge of history will be peddling illusion against some gullible individuals.

Since you don't know,let me educate you.

The current international airport terminal was built and commissioned over 40 years ago, in 1978.The terminal opened officially March,15,1979. The airport had been known simply as the Lagos International Airport. It was however, re-named for the late Nigerian Head of State, General Murtala Muhammed, who died.

Awolowo also instituted Industrial estates like Oluyole industrial estate in Ibadan; Ilupeju industrial estate in Lagos why aren't Oluyole Industrial Estate in Ibadan not doing better than that of Lagos, since it was his initiative that brought Lagos this far? Need I remind you that Ilupeju isn't developed by any standard.
Mischievous somebody.
Lagos airport was self sustaining.

Why did you leave out Ikeja industrial estate??

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by amaniro: 1:32pm On Mar 25, 2019
SocialJustice:
What is happening there that is in tandem with the allocation the state receives?

Does Edo have its own airline? Edo get good roads reach AK.? Forget that state is working except you're an APC apologist.
Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by deomelo: 1:54pm On Mar 25, 2019
kernel001:

Almost all fore mentioned projects are proposed. That means Lagos would have had just one bridge, the Lekki Bridge.

And whatever gains Lagos, has gotten is because of the investment of the Federal government towards infrastructural development.

It's wrong for a Yoruba in the course of discussion to tell any Nigerian from any part to go back to there region, because the resources used in developing Lagos comes from Niger Delta. Till today, Lagos still enjoy huge federal allocation.

Lagos didn't develop in the adsence of many aids coming from a part of the South, that's my point.

This is what ignorant people from backward and unproductive village to justify the incompetence by their own useless village governors.

FG investments in Lagos is the reason and the usual excuse why other states are backward even though they are richer than Lagos state, even though they have 5 times less population and responsibilities than Lagos state, even though they collect deviations and even have NDDC billions of dollars they embezzle every year..

Instead of talking about the uselessness, crookedness and incompetent clowns you call leaders, you shout and wail about other states as if their leaders are responsible for the lack of progress and development in your states.

Question? When Delta and the other states in the SS collect their huge allocations, derivations, IGR and NDDC billions, do they send them to Lagos satte for Lagos state to spend?

Is Lagos state or the FG responsible for Delta state's huge debt that they have nothing to show for?

Only ignorant and dishonest people blame other people for their own self inflicted misfortunes

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by SocialJustice: 1:56pm On Mar 25, 2019
amaniro:

Does Edo have its own airline? Edo get good roads reach AK.? Forget that state is working except you're an APC apologist.
Lol, you mean roads that are only in Uyo? Please I don't have power for pointless argument. Is there a in Nigeria that isn't a blatant thief?

Seun, Lalasticlala I can not be here struggling with one post o. I'm not getting paid to do this.
Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by Atigba: 2:00pm On Mar 25, 2019
Binikingdowm:
Very true, bayelsa, delta and river state comes to mind.

It's only Edo and akwa ibom trying.

Southerners should sit up, by 2030 we'll start deporting those Muslims northerners

Edo State is a dead state, with highest unemployment rate in the South South, criminals, cultism and prostitution.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by amaniro: 2:03pm On Mar 25, 2019
SocialJustice:
Lol, you mean roads that are only in Uyo? Please I don't have power for pointless argument. Is there a in Nigeria that isn't a blatant thief?

Seun, Lalasticlala I can not be here struggling with one post o. I'm not getting paid to do this.

An average Nigerian is a potential criminal. I'm sorry but it's in our blood now. People look at major states neglecting other states that are far far behind. Ogun state have the privilege of enjoying being Lagos neighbor. Kogi state with its confluence can become one of Nigeria major Seaports and many other state....
Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by jrusky(m): 2:09pm On Mar 25, 2019
maasoap:

And that's why political office holders under the platform of PDP are treating you guys like poor pigs because they know you have limited your options. PDP since 1999 without tangible developments

Pls I will be back to give you your deserve answer ok so don't think I have chicken out I'm at work doing my business right now but when I'm done for the day i will give you what you asked for for your unruly statement ok.
Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by deomelo: 2:15pm On Mar 25, 2019
Delta State: Uduaghan Signs N451 Billion 2014 Appropriation Bill in to ...

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/.../156943-delta-state-uduaghan-signs-n451-billion.

Lagos Assembly passes N489.69 billion budget for 2014

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/.../153078-lagos-assembly-passes-n489-69-billion-...

Delta state and Lagos state's budgets in 2014.

Almost the same amount.

Lagos state - 20 million people

Delta state - 4 billion people.

So, please explain to us why with so much money and 4 million population Delta state is still backward and zero meaningful infrastructure to show.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by kernel001: 2:18pm On Mar 25, 2019
deomelo:

Coming from ignorant ipob troll who just asserted that the industrial estates packed up.

Is Ikeja industrial still not the most productive industrial estate in Nigeria, what about Matori, Mushin, Ilupeju, Apapa and Oluyole, do you mind listing which one of them packed up?

You Igbos are just too ignorant for your own good.

In fact, when Awo was building industrial estates, what was useless ZIK and your village leaders in the Eastern region doing? Exactly what was achieved that's even still standing today in the SE? Nothing.

Again, your problem is ignorant as usual.

If South South stops her oil, the end of your region will come. You see why can't stand IPOB because they preach equity.
Unity beggars.
Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by deomelo: 2:23pm On Mar 25, 2019
Atigba:

Edo State is a dead state, with highest unemployment rate in the South South, criminals, cultism and prostitution.

Rivers state has the highest unemployment rate of 41.8% and a misery index of 79.87. The state’s economic activity is concentrated on oil and gas, which involves automated processes and requires low human capital.

https://www.proshareng.com/news/Nigeria%20Economy/Combined-Unemployment-and-Underemployment-Spike-to-40Percent--Misery-Index-at-55.9-/37838

You are wrong, Rivers's unemployment rate and misery index is the highest in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by deomelo: 2:26pm On Mar 25, 2019
[s]
kernel001:

If South South stops her oil, the end of your region will come. You see why can't stand IPOB because they preach equity.
Unity beggars.
[/s]

Not interested in your ignorant ipob rubbish.

The question is, what is the SS doing with their huge allocations, derivations, IGR and NDDC billions?

Why are poorer states in Nigeria more productive than the SS states?

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by kernel001: 2:32pm On Mar 25, 2019
deomelo:
[s][/s]

Not interested in your ignorant ipob rubbish.

The question is, what is the SS doing with their huge allocations, derivations, IGR and NDDC billions?

Why are poorer states in Nigeria more productive than the SS states?

Which of them? Osun state? Please face your brown roof delapreted shanties.
Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by ritababe(f): 2:33pm On Mar 25, 2019
kernel001:

I don't get you. Are you saying they make more or less?

Those states have huge allocation compared to Edo state, they should be more develop, but it seems Edo state is catching up even with the small allocation.
Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by raumdeuter: 2:38pm On Mar 25, 2019
tiredoflife:

In all these your half truths
No oil money
Yet palm oil was the money spinner from the south south
Why was jaja of opobo dethroned
You no history so well but forgot the south borrowed the north money when they couldn't generate enough to take care of their region
Google is here
Go look for the revenue coming from the south south
Palm oil runs the British colony even your Lagos
No be today una be parasite to the Niger delta

palm oil ko, coconut oil ni

All those were built from taxes to cocoa farmers in the west. There was a federal system where the income from any region was spentonly on that region

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by deomelo: 2:38pm On Mar 25, 2019
kernel001:

Which of them? Osun state? Please face your brown roof delapreted shanties.

Another pointless ipob rubbish.

If you are going to spew your ignorant rubbish, show us the infrastructures the SS states delivered and let us compare with what 1 single governor in Osun state delivered.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by raumdeuter: 2:50pm On Mar 25, 2019
kernel001:

Look I don't need to argue with you, I simply need to show the world documents from Nigerian government agencies that has the details.

What an illiterate

Was there no airport before 1976 at Ikeja? So if a new terminal was built on an existing airport it means the airport was just built?

If a new lane was added to a road, it means the road was just built?

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by deomelo: 2:58pm On Mar 25, 2019
Rivers State has the highest rate of unemployment with 41. 82percent, Akwa Ibom second with 36. 58percent, Bayelsa third with 30.percent

https://scannewsnigeria.com/news/nbs-unemployment-statistics-interrogating-the-numbers/

States with the highest unemployment rates are in the SS.

Wonder why

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by Twy: 3:17pm On Mar 25, 2019
Westsida:
He said part of the challenges faced by the South-south is defining well-articulated and implementable development agenda, adding, “A lot has been done in the region over the years but they have not translated to meaningful development to benefit our people, as the region remains one of the least developed in the country when you review what we earn as a region.”

The Children of hate & sadness won’t see this to work on. Their main focus is to keep displaying nonsense around the country.
There are different problems, number one is lack of a strong and active citizenship involvement in government. That is a problem all over the country. It is obvious wike is too involved in party politics, the state's resources may also be used for party politics. The people need to pressure him to focus on local issues and governance. In addition, still mend fences with the federal government Who have a larger influence in Inter state commerce.

The other issue is the weakening of state's civil service. In the 60's and 70's, the regional and state civil service had competent people but now most are in federal service. You need local information to plan a real development. Information about the income of people living in local governments, choice of economic activity, skill level, unemployment rate and such. A competent administration will get this information and createte economic programs targetting areas that will benefit a signoficant number of people. What you have in nigeria is substandard politics 101, bring me projects where the people can see I am doing something even though we do not know how the project has improved to sustainable economoc development, especially since ghe choice of contractor is corrupt and the government itself will get kickback from it. Corruption in government is not about wanton stealing it is about finding projects that will get the people's support while you put in your contractor and use the project to loot. But the long term significance of yue project may be negligible.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by deomelo: 3:25pm On Mar 25, 2019
How sad..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

INEC Begins Review Of 2023 Polls, Says BVAS Recorded 98% success / Subsidy: Apapa-Led Faction Of LP Rejects NLC Planned Protest / Has Power Been Restored In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.