Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,137 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. (54430 Views)

Anambra Embattled Speaker, Uche Okafor Attacks Monarch / Sanwo-Olu Meets CEOs, Mulls Lockdown Review in Seven Days / 2019: El-rufai Gives Running Mate New Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Tellemall: 5:55am On Mar 28, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

I've lived around Muslims all my life and there is a mosque 2 minutes walk away from my house. Muslims are far less of a nuisance than Christians. I barely notice the activities of Muslims except their Friday prayers. Pentecostal Christians in particular are by far the biggest religious nuisances in the world. Nuisances that think they have a right to disturb everyone's peace with their activities. Whether it is Lord's Chosen, Mountain of Fire, Cele or Cherubim and Seraphim, Pentecostals are big nuisances.

I've equally lived around mosques and the noise they make in the mornings and at night are so loud and an absolute nightmare. They do this weird preaching thing that is so loud. They do it 365 days a year, not once or twice a week, but somehow it has to be tolerated because it is not Christian noise.

Mosques are noisy and produce a lot of environmental sludge. Nobody is complaining about it, only Christianity. The beggars who "preach" all over the country, aren't they a nuisance? You cannot get into an eatery without their clammy hands touching you. They lurk in markets making it uncomfortable and some things you must get there.

So please, stop the double standard. Do I need to mention how the whole universe is brought to a standstill on Fridays? Which other religion blocks major roads until they've said their last prayer? With road blocks and some fake military personnel?

Stop the complaints about Christianity because you have probably never lived near a mosque that screams whatever fire and brimstone over large churches nearby.
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Tellemall: 6:08am On Mar 28, 2019
muhdfaruq:
That's true,boko haram started like play like play because they were given too much freedom of speech.So i support the bill 100%.

Even if you tax them and stop loud speakers, will you change their belief?

How will you know that a registered imam is not radical? Will he write it on his forehead? Will we go into the Nazi era where there are spies in every congregation to know what they talk about, and if it offends they are taken down?

If you want to stop freedom of speech you will have to stop it on all levels of human interaction. And there's a reason why freedom of speech is a human right.
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by MoxxxxO123(m): 6:26am On Mar 28, 2019
Ejimagift:
As for me i see nothing wrong with this excellent bill. Christianity especially needs to be regulated with iron hand. The nuisance of Christianity abound in almost every street of the federation. What fvcking message are you people evangelising that several lunatics just wake up and set up churches even in shops disturbing the peace of neighbors with loud speakers spewing thrash called preaching. Christianity has been abused by useless men parading as preachers and present day Christianity makes people dumb and zombiefied in nature. If not how can a sane Human being believe that Adeboye drove to Lagos with empty tank? How can someone with functional brain believe that Adeboye and God drank tea together? How can people still follow Oyedepo blindly despite his partisanship and obvious interest in frolicking with thieving politicians? How has religion helped the average poor Nigerian? The north has the highest population of poor people despite praying five times daily. The Christians keeps attending Shiloh, Redeem Camp e.t.c yearly but no meaningful changes occurs in their lives while their mega pastors keeps building universities, estates and enjoying worldly riches. Pastor enjoying material things in life and telling you to make heaven for your own enjoyment. Are you not super dumb? While Islam and other religions has their flaws, i think every state should follow the Kaduna model by reforming and licensing those mentally deranged bastards parading as pastors/imams.
u r insane
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by kareemkamil(m): 6:30am On Mar 28, 2019
Well, I think El-rufai has done a greatest thing ever in Kaduna, by state all those law's, Kaduna State is a of religion disgust, & there should be a way out. Kaduna Christian's are the major problem of the state. So I supported the rule's. Christianity not religion, but society disturbances polution.
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by AkupeMBANO(m): 8:53am On Mar 28, 2019
Barney11:
I am a Christian but I like the bill.
ole
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by AkupeMBANO(m): 8:54am On Mar 28, 2019
GreyLaw:

How won't you like the bill? You just attend church. Do you really know what being a believer in Christ means, and the attendant responsibility? Do you really know that in the last days believers in Christ will be persecuted under every guise -- both overtly and covertly?

Here you are liking a bill you don't understand the hydra-headed ramifications it will take in a few years from now.
why waste your energy on the clown he's not even a Christian.
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 28, 2019
Ejimagift:
As for me i see nothing wrong with this excellent bill. Christianity especially needs to be regulated with iron hand. The nuisance of Christianity abound in almost every street of the federation. What fvcking message are you people evangelising that several lunatics just wake up and set up churches even in shops disturbing the peace of neighbors with loud speakers spewing thrash called preaching. Christianity has been abused by useless men parading as preachers and present day Christianity makes people dumb and zombiefied in nature. If not how can a sane Human being believe that Adeboye drove to Lagos with empty tank? How can someone with functional brain believe that Adeboye and God drank tea together? How can people still follow Oyedepo blindly despite his partisanship and obvious interest in frolicking with thieving politicians? How has religion helped the average poor Nigerian? The north has the highest population of poor people despite praying five times daily. The Christians keeps attending Shiloh, Redeem Camp e.t.c yearly but no meaningful changes occurs in their lives while their mega pastors keeps building universities, estates and enjoying worldly riches. Pastor enjoying material things in life and telling you to make heaven for your own enjoyment. Are you not super dumb? While Islam and other religions has their flaws, i think every state should follow the Kaduna model by reforming and licensing those mentally deranged bastards parading as pastors/imams.
Best comment I've come across this year,
You mirrored my mind.
Rich pastors, poor citizens.
Let us continue believing that our share is in heaven while they enjoy theirs here.
And we keep asking why Nigeria is lagging behind while other countries progress.
They develop themselves and make things better for themselves while we empty our pockets and pray for God to come and oversee our development.
Worst scam in the world.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 28, 2019
Ifyjoshblaze:

Best comment I've come across this year,
You mirrored my mind.
Rich pastors, poor citizens.
Let us continue believing that our share is in heaven while they enjoy theirs here.
And we keep asking why Nigeria is lagging behind while other countries progress.
They develop themselves and make things better for themselves while we empty our pockets and pray for God to come and oversee our development.
Worst scam in the world.

You are wise my brother
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 28, 2019
All these people ranting about the licensing issue please calm down.
Issues like this should be treated with neutral and clear mind.
This move will clear the chaff from the grains.
This would make anyone that wants to be a pastor or imam to first of all get a theology degree, go for youth service and then start his/her career.
This move will eliminate all the yahoo people that just wake up one day, declare themselves pastors/imams etc and start duping Nigerians that are desperate for Change of situations.
You guys should learn to think with your head instead of reacting emotionally.
If this is is implemented across the country, there would be massive improvement in Religious security and partisanship with reduced fraud.
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 28, 2019
kareemkamil:
Well, I think El-rufai has done a greatest thing ever in Kaduna, by state all those law's, Kaduna State is a of religion disgust, & there should be a way out. Kaduna Christian's are the major problem of the state. So I supported the rule's. Christianity not religion, but society disturbances polution.
This mentality will get you nowhere.
there are too many children on this forum
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 28, 2019
Those that are shouting freedom of speech violation should go and re-read the article.

No one is stopping you from preaching so far you have your license.

Religion should be treated as a professional venture just like medical profession because it has infact more impact than Medical practice in the life of Nigerians.

Just like doctors and other professionals can't practice without Degree (and licence from governing bodies like MDCN, PCN etc) ,Pastors and imams should only be allowed to preach if they have theirs.

This would be extremely good for this country.
I know you guys will bash me and I don't give a flying fvck.
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by godliman: 12:38pm On Mar 28, 2019
kmcutez:

How can my soul be dead when I have more love, empathy, morals etc than 99.99% of the religious folks in Nigeria.
goodluck bros may God help you
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Respectobest: 10:06pm On Mar 30, 2019
I am highly disappointed With the comments of my fellow Christians in support of El-Rufai's Law towards Christian Preachers. Your comments towards Christians irregularities and your support towards El-Rufai's motion does not Justify your views to be right. I can see people saying Pastors are fraudsters, the distract peoples sleep by their noisy preaching awareness and saying all sort of things to Support El-Rufai's Laws. Well, your view is quite understood but let's not forget that same irregularities are also applicable to Muslims not just Christians alone. It's vice versa. Atleast, We can attest to the fact that the Mosque makes a whole lots of noise and distractions immediately it's 5:00am, the Muslims are haters of Christians to the extreme. But upon all this irregulaties, the Christian States never passed any Law to debar their religious practice. If we think El-Rufai is right in the Law he passed against Christian Preachers, then let same Law be applicable to Islam(Muslims) in all states of Nigeria. Then, we can properly understood El-Rufai's motion as a balance justification towards both religion and not seeing him as an Anti Christian. In Conclusions I am not claiming sides to Christians, neither am I claiming sides to Muslims. What I am only pointing out is that every irregularities people talks about Christians is also applicable to the Muslims. But still on still, you can't see the Muslims talking against their practices like some of the Christians always do.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by PolymathDave(m): 6:06pm On Mar 31, 2019
Respectobest:
I am highly disappointed With the comments of my fellow Christians in support of El-Rufai's Law towards Christian Preachers. Your comments towards Christians irregularities and your support towards El-Rufai's motion does not Justify your views to be right. I can see people saying Pastors are fraudsters, the distract peoples sleep by their noisy preaching awareness and saying all sort of things to Support El-Rufai's Laws. Well, your view is quite understood but let's not forget that same irregularities are also applicable to Muslims not just Christians alone. It's vice versa. Atleast, We can attest to the fact that the Mosque makes a whole lots of noise and distractions immediately it's 5:00am, the Muslims are haters of Christians to the extreme. But upon all this irregulaties, the Christian States never passed any Law to debar their religious practice. If we think El-Rufai is right in the Law he passed against Christian Preachers, then let same Law be applicable to Islam(Muslims) in all states of Nigeria. Then, we can properly understood El-Rufai's motion as a balance justification towards both religion and not seeing him as an Anti Christian. In Conclusions I am not claiming sides to Christians, neither am I claiming sides to Muslims. What I am only pointing out is that every irregularities people talks about Christians is also applicable to the Muslims. But still on still, you can't see the Muslims talking against their practices like some of the Christians always do.
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 01, 2019
Respectobest:
Oga
The proposed law applies to the 3 religions in Nigeria not just Christianity.
Next time read a post before commenting,
Don't just rush to comment.
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by buhariguy(m): 7:58pm On Apr 01, 2019
kmcutez:

That paragraph made me laugh. I will rather put my trust in El Rufai than a dead imaginary Christian God. Lol.

El Rufai can and will wipe out the whole Christian population in Kaduna, while they be waiting on a dead God to come and save them. I laugh in tongues.
you are wrong,
i serve a living GOD,
but nothing is wrong with the law, if the intention of the pastors are to preach righteousness.
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by buhariguy(m): 8:07pm On Apr 01, 2019
MoxxxxO123:
u r insane
Rule 2, mynd44 and seun.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sunday Igboho's Bank Accounts Frozen, Rejects Award By Yoruba Youths / Kingsley Moghalu Quits Partisan Politics / Governor Yahaya Bello's Leg Bandaged After Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.